• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there!!! :teehee:

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot_jump: :woot_jump:!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you mind giving a late review? PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woot_ jump: :w oot_jump:!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you mind giving a late review? PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sureee! *biggrin*

I think I posted a little bit awhile back...here is that part:

When I went to my first (and so far only) kooks gig..I was so excited! so when we were going to the gig, I was still super excited, and I forgot to bring my camera I had to use this horrible cell phone camera (which wasn't even mine...and well the pictures were really small...I don't know how to get them off still!) and I was even in the 2nd row too...but after we could also go up and meet them. so when I went up (being like 2 feet from their faces!! luke and hugh....!! ) I tried to take a picture but my hands were too shaky....and I could take another one cause the line behind me was pushing me forward haha....and then later on looking back through the pictures I realized that I didn't even save the 'picture' that I took in front of their faces! ugh. but! I did find some pictures of them on the kooks forum from the same day I saw them!

and so more about the songs and music and stuff...I only remember a little bit now because it was last September....but they (I'm pretty sure) sang "Naive" and maybe it was "Mr maker"....or"see the sun" .... and maybe "She moves in her own way" ahhhh I can't remember :dunno: but it was awesome (what kooks gig isn't? :naughty:) I could see pretty good, it was like a small record shop (newbury comics) and I actually got there in the morning to be one of the first in line... I also remember while we were waiting in line for them, people on the street (in boston) kept walking buy and I would hear something like "what are they doing? Why are they standing in a line?" and usually it was like "Whats going on?? *blink*" but I thought it was funny :roftl: ... and before we all went in the room, we were all still waiting for the kooks to arrive (it was only luke, hugh, and dan I think)...we were watching out for like a limo or something....so a small little car pulled up like 5 feet behind where I was standing and we hear a car door shut and suddeny luke pritchard is behind me walking with his guitar and hugh and dan followed....:wub2: ahh it was pretty funny and amazing at the same time.

and so after they sang (like 4 or 5 songs) because I was in like the 2nd row, I got to be one of a few people who got their autographs (I actually pushed myself through to get near the front *aah* woops) and so I got up their...and I couldn't speak :doh: I feel so stupid, but happy at the same time thinking about that haha.... so they all signed my "Konk CD"...Luke was a little quiet...but he was sweet...hugh actually said "And how are you?" I was like.."uhhh good." *blank stare* haha so he wrote "good" on my CD....and then I saw Dan *wub* ....and then I left....and skipped through boston...I really felt so happy after that..:biggrin2:

ok thats it...I'm sorry I didn't realize how long that was :blush-anim-cl:

Sureee! *biggrin*

and so more about the songs and music and stuff...I only remember a little bit now because it was last September....but they (I'm pretty sure) sang "Naive" and maybe it was "Mr maker"....or"see the sun" .... and maybe "She moves in her own way" ahhhh I can't remember but it was awesome (what kooks gig isn't? ) I could see pretty good, it was like a small record shop (newbury comics) and I actually got there in the morning to be one of the first in line... I also remember while we were waiting in line for them, people on the street (in boston) kept walking buy and I would hear something like "what are they doing? Why are they standing in a line?" and usually it was like "Whats going on?? *blink*" but I thought it was funny :roftl: ... and before we all went in the room, we were all still waiting for the kooks to arrive (it was only luke, hugh, and dan I think)...we were watching out for like a limo or something....so a small little car pulled up like 5 feet behind where I was standing and we hear a car door shut and suddeny luke pritchard is behind me walking with his guitar and hugh and dan followed.... ahh it was pretty funny and amazing at the same time.

and so after they sang (like 4 or 5 songs) because I was in like the 2nd row, I got to be one of a few people who got their autographs (I actually pushed myself through to get near the front *aah* woops) and so I got up their...and I couldn't speak :doh: I feel so stupid, but happy at the same time thinking about that haha.... so they all signed my "Konk CD"...Luke was a little quiet...but he was sweet...hugh actually said "And how are you?" I was like.."uhhh good." *blank stare* haha so he wrote "good" on my CD....and then I saw Dan *wub* ....and then I left....and skipped through boston...I really felt so happy after that..:biggrin2:

:wub2::wub2: I love memories of these boys. Not a day goes by when I don't look at my hand and know that Paul and Hugh shook it.:roftl: Wow that's sappy.

:wub2::wub2: I love memories of these boys. Not a day goes by when I don't look at my hand and know that Paul and Hugh shook it.:roftl: Wow that's sappy.

aaaaw thats sweet :wub2:

I did that too with my CD they held in their hands....I love holding that CD :roftl:

We have a vinyl and a cd of Konk. The vinyl is only signed by Luke though. We were too busy gawking at Hugh and Paul to even ask them to sign. What dummies......us that is.:naughty:

haha :teehee:

well at least you got luke to sign it :wub2:

Sureee! *biggrin*

and so more about the songs and music and stuff...I only remember a little bit now because it was last September....but they (I'm pretty sure) sang "Naive" and maybe it was "Mr maker"....or"see the sun" .... and maybe "She moves in her own way" ahhhh I can't remember :dunno but it was awesome (what kooks gig isn't? :naughty) I could see pretty good, it was like a small record shop (newbury comics) and I actually got there in the morning to be one of the first in line... I also remember while we were waiting in line for them, people on the street (in boston) kept walking buy and I would hear something like "what are they doing? Why are they standing in a line?" and usually it was like "Whats going on?? *blink*" but I thought it was funny :roftl ... and before we all went in the room, we were all still waiting for the kooks to arrive (it was only luke, hugh, and dan I think)...we were watching out for like a limo or something....so a small little car pulled up like 5 feet behind where I was standing and we hear a car door shut and suddeny luke pritchard is behind me walking with his guitar and hugh and dan followed....:wub2 ahh it was pretty funny and amazing at the same time.

and so after they sang (like 4 or 5 songs) because I was in like the 2nd row, I got to be one of a few people who got their autographs (I actually pushed myself through to get near the front *aah* woops) and so I got up their...and I couldn't speak :doh I feel so stupid, but happy at the same time thinking about that haha.... so they all signed my "Konk CD"...Luke was a little quiet...but he was sweet...hugh actually said "And how are you?" I was like.."uhhh good." *blank stare* haha so he wrote "good" on my CD....and then I saw Dan *wub* ....and then I left....and skipped through boston...I really felt so happy after that..:biggrin2

ok thats it...I'm sorry I didn't realize how long that was :blush-anim-cl

:wub2:wub2 I love memories of these boys. Not a day goes by when I don't look at my hand and know that Paul and Hugh shook it.:roftl Wow that's sappy.

aaaaw thats sweet :wub2

I did that too with my CD they held in their hands....I love holding that CD :roftl

We have a vinyl and a cd of Konk. The vinyl is only signed by Luke though. We were too busy gawking at Hugh and Paul to even ask them to sign. What dummies......us that is.:naughty

haha :teehee

well at least you got luke to sign it :wub2

:wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

I love that Hugh wrote 'good' on your cd!

Sureee! *biggrin*

:doh:! Yes, now I remember!! I'm sorry, I have no brain! OMG, how awesome!!! I remember reading this and being freaking jealous because you had an acoustic instore gig :cheerful_h4h:! Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

and so more about the songs and music and stuff...I only remember a little bit now because it was last September....but they (I'm pretty sure) sang "Naive" and maybe it was "Mr maker"....or"see the sun" .... and maybe "She moves in her own way" ahhhh I can't remember :dunno:

Our Apple Store gig (September 18) was right in the middle of the US tour and they played Always Where, Ooh La, Sway, She moves, Mr Maker, Do You Wanna, Banter, Naive, Shine on and Stormy Weather / Sofa Song. Mmmmmmmaybe they played more or less the same set in Boston, too? It was just 45min to an hour or so (sadly).

but it was awesome (what kooks gig isn't? :naughty:)

Oh so true :stretcher:!!!!!

I could see pretty good, it was like a small record shop (newbury comics)

*is jealous* :crybaby:!

But say - why is a RECORD store called "Newbury Comics"? Why did they do the show there? Was it a corporate sponsored show?

and I actually got there in the morning to be one of the first in line...

:naughty: (Yes, better safe than sorry :dunno:)

I also remember while we were waiting in line for them, people on the street (in boston) kept walking buy and I would hear something like "what are they doing? Why are they standing in a line?" and usually it was like "Whats going on?? *blink*" but I thought it was funny :roftl: ...

Hahaha, yes, same in London!

"What are you queuing for?"

"The Kooks."

"The who?"

"Not the Who. The Kooks."

"I never heard of the cocks."

or

"Are you queueing for Quicksilver?!? :blink:" (Quicksilver was he shop at the corner, around the corner of the Apple Store where we were waiting.)

"Yes, they are having a massive sale tomorrow :dunno:."

and before we all went in the room, we were all still waiting for the kooks to arrive (it was only luke, hugh, and dan I think)...we were watching out for like a limo or something....so a small little car pulled up like 5 feet behind where I was standing and we hear a car door shut and suddeny luke pritchard is behind me walking with his guitar and hugh and dan followed....[/Quote]

:roftl:!!!! Classic!!!!!!!!!

and so after they sang (like 4 or 5 songs) because I was in like the 2nd row, I got to be one of a few people who got their autographs (I actually pushed myself through to get near the front *aah* woops)

:woot_jump:!!!!!! :naughty:

I feel so stupid, but happy at the same time thinking about that haha

:wub2:

so they all signed my "Konk CD"...Luke was a little quiet...but he was sweet[/Quote]

:wub2: God, Luke is such a freaking LOVELY person. Really. I'll never ever forget that. He was perfectly nice. :wub2:

hugh actually said "And how are you?" I was like.."uhhh good." *blank stare* haha so he wrote "good" on my CD

:lmfao: I LOVE that :lmfao: Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

...and then I saw Dan *wub* ....and then I left....and skipped through boston...I really felt so happy after that..:biggrin2:

:cheerful_h4h: Haha, I remember Ana & I almost walked the complete way home after the Apple Store gig. We were.. uhm, like walking on a chocolate fudge cake :cheerful_h4h:.

And that is EXACTLY what I demand of a good gig. I want this feeling at the end. A total high without drugs :dunno: (I never took drugs but I suppose it's quite similar).

:wu b2::wu b2: I love memories of these boys. Not a day goes by when I don't look at my hand and know that Paul and Hugh shook it.:roftl: Wow that's sappy.

*looks at shoulder* Paul grabbed it :cheerful_h4h:

We have a vinyl and a cd of Konk. The vinyl is only signed by Luke though. We were too busy gawking at Hugh and Paul to even ask them to sign. What dummies......us that is.:naughty:

BUT YOU MET THEM IN A FRICKING LEGITIMATE RECORD STORE BEFORE A GIG!!!!!! :cheerful_h4h: OMG!!!! I remember talking with Bianca about it for AGES because THIS is the perfect way of legitimately meeting PAUL AND HUGH (OMG, THESE TWO!!! :stretcher:) :stretcher:

Really **** that you didnt get an autograph though. But still - OMG.

Well that was awesome. We LOVE to do go karts (that's what we call em here go-karts) usually always do it on vacation.

Paul oh my god.:wub2:

Thanks for posting.

The blogged it on MySpace, so that's not my doing :naughty:

But say - why is a RECORD store called "Newbury Comics"? Why did they do the show there? Was it a corporate sponsored show?

the newburry comics store sells a bunch of things like little toys, records (one of the biggest section), they must sell comics but I never see them :roftl:

I'm actually not sure why haha...

Hahaha, yes, same in London!

"What are you queuing for?"

"The Kooks."

"The who?"

"Not the Who. The Kooks."

"I never heard of the cocks."

yeah! thats what everyone said :roftl:

:wub2: God, Luke is such a freaking LOVELY person. Really. I'll never ever forget that. He was perfectly nice. :wub2:

he really was sweet :wub2: and so adorable and cute..and yeah :naughty:

I hope to meet him again, and this time maybe Ill be able to talk :roftl: