Happy Ending Lyrics

CazGirl

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um I heard once that again, it wasn't a break up song, but Mika said that it was about losing things in general.....

I like that interpretation. It can apply to break ups and all sorts of losses... And if you should interpret it in a "home less" way, I think the words

"I feel as if I'm wasted

And I wasted everyday" are kind of true... A homeless person must feel like that everyday. It's heartbreaking.

Losing things in general, that rings the bells. One of the several wide areas of life this song bestirs - 3 years ago I was on my way to Ireland with the ashes of my ex-husband. Flying. Totally lost it in Stanstead Airport. Terrible journey. Left suitcase in other end of carriage, didn't remember where till on the plane. Thought it had been stolen, told police I wasn't mad. Of course I am really.

Fell apart in the lift, holding the ashes in my arms, so heavy, started shouting, couldn't bear to lose anything else. Bad situation just kept getting worse the way it does. You end up so much more alone at times like that, everyone looks away and pretends they can't see you or hear you. It's truly alienating. You just keep on going, there's nothing else to do, just carry on, finish the journey. Stand at the airport alone at the other end. Other travellers gone. They're late. You're still clasping his ashes like a child to your breast. Or a heavy jar of sweets, the shape of it.

Homelessness is truly alienating too. Times like that, they pass, you can laugh at them, but you never forget. They're engraved in your psyche like brands. Experiences accumulate, when another upsetting thing happens the whole lot rushes at you. You can duck and dive, or waltz with it all, or leap out of the way, beware, be brave, be true. The edge is there, and beyond it - a landing place you do not notice you have reached until you walk away.

Crying now, just in free flow, sorry chaps but there you are. Just another bit of condescension hit me on the shoulder, came from a friend. And stones from boys. Family member told me he's going to Ramallah to teach the piano to children there. Heard on the http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/ BBC yesterday description of soldiers arriving suddenly outside a cafe in Ramallah and pulling out a young man. They said he was a terrorist and shot him in the legs. Then they shot him in the stomach, then the head. Early twenties. Like our boy. What haunts is description of the sound of the men crying after the soldiers had gone. The men in the street and the boys, holding on to each other and crying and crying, traumatised with an accumulation of terrible shocks.

Probably shouldn't mention such things here. Sorry. Forgive me. I can't help it. People avoid me because I suddenly start blurting things out, ranting, it's all madness apparently. These great rushes of powerful impressions of life here and there, stepping between the lies that litter the shore, suddenly the words come tumbling. Doesn't it make up for all that silence, standing in the kitchen, chopping onions, stirring pots, looking into the roses, watching the clouds that come and go, falling off the horizon at a velocity to please the senses mightily.

Don't dare to say what I really think for fear of the consequences. Not name, not marvel at the indifference

Got the shivers and the shakes, that's the way when certain thoughts come close, some. Must go but first can I crack this and bbl=urt a thought that might portray for a moment there the variety of doors to choose from to pass through a moment, thinking a thought, beginning spinning a new litany for the day.

Opening the heart to the unknown thought, the new thoughts seeking homes, wending their bright way through the attending aeons, seeking minds to greet them, hearts to recognise their worth and grant them leave to dwell in the garden of being. The garden of being alive here, now, in this strange light which might prove beautiful.

Losing things in general, that rings the bells. One of the several wide areas of life this song bestirs - 3 years ago I was on my way to Ireland with the ashes of my ex-husband. Flying. Totally lost it in Stanstead Airport. Terrible journey. Left suitcase in other end of carriage, didn't remember where till on the plane. Thought it had been stolen, told police I wasn't mad. Of course I am really.

Fell apart in the lift, holding the ashes in my arms, so heavy, started shouting, couldn't bear to lose anything else. Bad situation just kept getting worse the way it does. You end up so much more alone at times like that, everyone looks away and pretends they can't see you or hear you. It's truly alienating. You just keep on going, there's nothing else to do, just carry on, finish the journey. Stand at the airport alone at the other end. Other travellers gone. They're late. You're still clasping his ashes like a child to your breast. Or a heavy jar of sweets, the shape of it.

Homelessness is truly alienating too. Times like that, they pass, you can laugh at them, but you never forget. They're engraved in your psyche like brands. Experiences accumulate, when another upsetting thing happens the whole lot rushes at you. You can duck and dive, or waltz with it all, or leap out of the way, beware, be brave, be true. The edge is there, and beyond it - a landing place you do not notice you have reached until you walk away.

Crying now, just in free flow, sorry chaps but there you are. Just another bit of condescension hit me on the shoulder, came from a friend. And stones from boys. Family member told me he's going to Ramallah to teach the piano to children there. Heard on the http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/ BBC yesterday description of soldiers arriving suddenly outside a cafe in Ramallah and pulling out a young man. They said he was a terrorist and shot him in the legs. Then they shot him in the stomach, then the head. Early twenties. Like our boy. What haunts is description of the sound of the men crying after the soldiers had gone. The men in the street and the boys, holding on to each other and crying and crying, traumatised with an accumulation of terrible shocks.

Probably shouldn't mention such things here. Sorry. Forgive me. I can't help it. People avoid me because I suddenly start blurting things out, ranting, it's all madness apparently. These great rushes of powerful impressions of life here and there, stepping between the lies that litter the shore, suddenly the words come tumbling. Doesn't it make up for all that silence, standing in the kitchen, chopping onions, stirring pots, looking into the roses, watching the clouds that come and go, falling off the horizon at a velocity to please the senses mightily.

Don't dare to say what I really think for fear of the consequences. Not name, not marvel at the indifference

Got the shivers and the shakes, that's the way when certain thoughts come close, some. Must go but first can I crack this and bbl=urt a thought that might portray for a moment there the variety of doors to choose from to pass through a moment, thinking a thought, beginning spinning a new litany for the day.

Opening the heart to the unknown thought, the new thoughts seeking homes, wending their bright way through the attending aeons, seeking minds to greet them, hearts to recognise their worth and grant them leave to dwell in the garden of being. The garden of being alive here, now, in this strange light which might prove beautiful.

that's a really deep and inspirational interpretation.it touches my heart just by reading it.i would probably burst into tears if you ever told me that face to face :thumb_yello:

When I nipped in here to see if my babbling had been expunged and found your kind reply it was so cheering. Mildly intoxicated with the sense of camaraderie I had a quick look at the lollipop thread which led to a brief meditation upon the nature of wolves and some worthwhile research. Thank you.

When I nipped in here to see if my babbling had been expunged and found your kind reply it was so cheering. Mildly intoxicated with the sense of camaraderie I had a quick look at the lollipop thread which led to a brief meditation upon the nature of wolves and some worthwhile research. Thank you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KKxBuixwmNc

What a truly mess you had to face... It's just unhuman. On the plane, when everyone looks away, they can't bear it. I know that feeling in me, to look at a or help a traumatized person is hard, because the one who tries to help must understand and therefore feel a (minor) part of the pain.

There are ways to go. choose life.

Hey guys!

So, I was on YouTube listening to a Hong Kong interview and they asked him about Happy Ending, and Mika stated that it wasn't really a break up song because he wasn't going through a break up at the time, and that whenever he was around Los Angeles (i think) he always saw homeless people, and that it was about that.

But for me, the lyrics don't connect in that way....I feel that Over My Shoulder can relate to it more. Not saying that it DOES, but lyrically...I can envisualise it.

Happy Ending lyrics:

This is the way you left me

I'm not pretending

No hope, no love, no glory,

No happy ending

This is the way that we love

like it's forever

and live the rest of our lives

But not together

Wake up in the morning, stumble on my life

Can't get no love without sacrifice

If anything should happen, I guess I wish you well

A little bit of heaven, and a little bit of hell

This is the hardest story that I've ever told

No hope, no love, no glory

Happy Ending's gone forevermore

I feel as if I'm wasting

And I wasted everyday

I'm not pretending

No happy ending

like it's forever

And live the rest of our lives

But not together

Two o'clock in the morning, something's on my mind

Can't get no rest, keep walking around

If I pretend that nothing ever went wrong

I can get to my sleep, I can think that we just carried on

This is the hardest story that I've ever told

Happy ending's gone forevermore

I feel as I'm wasted

And I wasted everyday

Oh I

This is the way you left me, I'm not pretending

Feel as if I'm wasted

No happy ending

And I

This is the way that we love, like it's forever

Wasted everyday

And live the rest of our life, but not together

Little bit of love

Little bit of love

Little bit of love, little bit of love, little bit of love....

I feel as if I'm wasted

And I wasted everyday

Hey, hey, hey, hey

I'm not pretending

No happy ending

Like it's forever

And live the rest of our life

But not together

anyone got their own interpretation?

I know that he has been talking about that,that "Happy Ending" isn't a song about break-up but about losing things.

But I still think it has nothing to do with losing things,maybe losing some really dear person,but not things.

I mean - listen to the lyrics. Only the man who was terribly in love and was hurt after the break-up could write such a song,such lyrics.

And I think that just because of that "Happy Ending" wakes some sorrow in us and we sometimes feel like we're gonna cry when we hear it,especially when WE are in the middle of the break-up or just feel miserable.

Again - that's just my interpretation :)

I'm listening to it now...

Complete magnificence... It's genius..

I love it... :wub2:

It's amazing... :shocked::tears:

I know!!! I get shiver every single time I listen to it...no joke.

And for some reason, last night I was listening to it and started crying. I don't know why. I wasn't even sad or anything.

I know!!! I get shiver every single time I listen to it...no joke.

And for some reason, last night I was listening to it and started crying. I don't know why. I wasn't even sad or anything.

I know!

It just touches you really deeply...

The melody and lyrics and violins and chorus singing are just so beautiful.. You can't help but feel moved :wub2:

• 2 weeks later...
:wub2: -hugs Nessa and positive thread- haha It's so refreshing to see happy talk! Happy Ending, to this day, remains my favorite song. I get chills every time I hear it. Amazing. And if I'm in the right mood it can still move me to tears haha

Yeah for sure. I agree with everything you said:wink2:

:tears:

:roftl: He always messes up the first part :lmfao:

In the DVD he said "2 oclock in the mornin' somethings on my mind" during the first part where it's really supposed to be the second.

He also did it in London

:wub2:

i'm sure that the video sounds slightly different to the sountrack on the CD

the video is my favorite!!! i simply love the song too.

it relates to a experience i went through recently really well

Edited by racinghorse83