Blur/Gorillaz/TheGoodTheBad&TheQueen}DAMON ALBARN's thread

greta

...because he's a Genius :punk:

there are tons of things to say, lets start with a news

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/28/news-ticker-ghostface-killah-damon-albarn-lil-wayne-yo-la-tengo/

The prolific Damon Albarn will release a new album this summer featuring over 130 musicians, including a Chinese choir and an orchestra. Albarn declined to elaborate under what moniker this album would fall, only saying the title had “something of monkeys in there.”

Amazing, innit?:cool:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was during a gig. He jumped to the 1st row, on the barrier and he just stepped on my boobies, twice! I screamed "f**k, Damon!" and he looked at me so embarrased :lmfao:

It was funny and hurtful :lmfao:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

How romantic!

Nah, the best ones are

The Universal -->

Song 2 --->

Country House --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2BBfv9WK_w&feature=related

Beetlebum -->

(only cause Alex & Damon are amazing gorg in this :D)

And one of the best blur songs, for me, is "Boys & Girls", dedicated to my "husband" Brett Anderson, singer of Suede. FYI, Damon´s longtime former girlfriend was Justine Frischmann from Elastica and she was previously envolved with Brett. They founded Suede together and she was cheating Brett with Damon. How did she dare? :sneaky2:

"Boys and Girls" --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riE-GI0PxnE

Another song dedicated to Brett was "Charmless Man"

I have more stories. The real rivaltry was always between Suede & Blur for that reason. The press was obsessed with Blur vs Oasis but they didn´t hate each other that much after all...

Gorillaz!

Clint Eastwood --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpDer9wdUEw

And now i can breath after this long post :lmfao:

Feel kind of weird looking at this thread :thumbdown:

I've been a huge Blur fan since I was 16.... I'm 33 now so have spent half my life following this band around the country... have seen them over 60 times Live.... Damon.... god I idolised him so much - words don't even describe it... :blush-anim-cl:

He's been so rude to me over the years though... I always found reasons that this was ok though... I'd done something to deserve the sneers... nasty looks - or just basic feck off's (I didn't of course). I'd even come home and tell my friends and family how nice he'd been - mainly cos' I didn't want to admit he's a first class ****** :shocked:

He was rude to me one too many times in 2003 - so when Franz hit - I finally - and for the first time... jumped ship.... best thing I ever bloody did... :thumb_yello:

Not all famous people are like this you see - I discovered... I've met Franz... they're bloody nice to their fans... I've met Mika... he's bloody nice too... I hope they stay like that... I've had the other... I don't and can't be bothered anymore... :blink:

Funny thing is if Blur toured tomorrow.... I'd go.... I still love their music to bits... just not Damon Albarn anymore :wink2:

Oh and meant just Blur... I don't do Gorillaz/TGTBATQ

Blur were special... :thumb_yello:

The first Blur video I've ever seen was:

There's no other way --> http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=_mZK30WVoGY

I was a kid back then, lol, and was mesmerized by Damon's hair in that video :naughty:

Laurel, I'm sorry to hear Damon was a prick to you. I remember you had told your story a while ago on this forum. Maybe he was just drunk? I remember Damon and co being real pains at ceremonies and stuff but I always blamed the alcohol...

P.S. Actually, I've just scared myself, cause he suddenly reminds me of someone I really like... don't he, Ana? XD

The first Blur video I've ever seen was:

There's no other way --> http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=_mZK30WVoGY

I was a kid back then, lol, and was mesmerized by Damon's hair in that video :naughty:

Laurel, I'm sorry to hear Damon was a prick to you. I remember you had told your story a while ago on this forum. Maybe he was just drunk? I remember Damon and co being real pains at ceremonies and stuff but I always blamed the alcohol...

P.S. Actually, I've just scared myself, cause he suddenly reminds me of someone I really like... don't he, Ana? XD

No It wasn't due to drink .... wish I could blame it on booze ... but he was actually sober :wink2:

And I've run into him alot at gigs... you kind of do when you went to as many as I did... he was always the same :thumbdown:

Think he's just been famous far too long :roftl:

Have to say Alex and Dave were lovely though .... never met Graham :crybaby:

He is a genius though .... and I do love his music ... I mean don't get me wrong ... I do own all Gorillaz stuff and TGTBATQ stuff too ..... but It's not Blur .... I just like his side projects whereas I LOVED/LOVE Blur .... If that makes sense ..... in a way I'm kind of relieved I'm over this obsession now ... it was eating my funds up :naughty:

I'm not obsessed with Mika at all :blink:

Nope .... over all that I am now..... lol

we all now Dan Abnormal allergy to all the star/fan thingy..he's just Mika's opposite :bleh:

they're both creative, tho Dam is more ahead of times :punk:

I really admire Damon's capacity of surrounding himself of great artists aswell..he doesn't like the limelight, better get drunk in Reykjavík's Kaffibarinn bar:naughty:

I was really surprised by one of his latest project

Monkey: Journey To The West

In their first major work together since Gorillaz, Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett, along with acclaimed Chinese theatre and opera director Chen Shi-zheng, adapted for stage the ancient Chinese legend Journey to the West. as Monkey: Journey to the West, which received its world premiere as the opening show of the 2007 Manchester International Festival, on June 28, 2007 at the Palace Theatre, Manchester . Albarn wrote the score, Hewlett designed the set and costumes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGtIfYU87IA

No It wasn't due to drink .... wish I could blame it on booze ... but he was actually sober :wink2:

And I've run into him alot at gigs... you kind of do when you went to as many as I did... he was always the same :thumbdown:

Think he's just been famous far too long :roftl:

Have to say Alex and Dave were lovely though .... never met Graham :crybaby:

He is a genius though .... and I do love his music ... I mean don't get me wrong ... I do own all Gorillaz stuff and TGTBATQ stuff too ..... but It's not Blur .... I just like his side projects whereas I LOVED/LOVE Blur .... If that makes sense ..... in a way I'm kind of relieved I'm over this obsession now ... it was eating my funds up :naughty:

I'm not obsessed with Mika at all :blink:

Nope .... over all that I am now..... lol

I know what you mean, cause I feel the same. I liked Gorillaz, but it wasn't Blur. Blur was my first contact with the British "underground" pop scene, I guess since at the time they were still unknown. But it's a fact they've lost it over the years.

Greta --> I've read he was indeed busy with writing operettes, musical and stuff now! :wub2:

I hated it when they got big in '94....

Well in a way I did... they were my band... they're local to me... I live 15 miles away from Colchester...

They played Clacton (which is where I live) in '95. We never get anyone play here....

I couldn't even get a ticket to see them play.... To say I was slightly peeved is an understatement... have been a fan of theirs since end of 1990 - couldn't even get into Oscars to see them play.... half of the people who went didn't even like them.... they were just the in thing - and as I said - NOONE COMES TO CLACTON - well apart from Eastenders sometimes lol....

I was literally the only person there who knew who the other band members were... obviously every one knew Damon but they were asking me if crew members were members of Blur.... :(

I hated it when they got big in '94....

Well in a way I did... they were my band... they're local to me... I live 15 miles away from Colchester...

They played Clacton (which is where I live) in '95. We never get anyone play here....

I couldn't even get a ticket to see them play.... To say I was slightly peeved is an understatement... have been a fan of theirs since end of 1990 - couldn't even get into Oscars to see them play.... half of the people who went didn't even like them.... they were just the in thing - and as I said - NOONE COMES TO CLACTON - well apart from Eastenders sometimes lol....

I was literally the only person there who knew who the other band members were... obviously every one knew Damon but they were asking me if crew members were members of Blur.... :(

Aww, that sucks. I understand you were really disappointed. :thumbdown:

But at least you've seen them live at some point, which must have been brilliant, right? I have never, bouh, was too young, my parents would say :sneaky2:

Aww, that sucks. I understand you were really disappointed. :thumbdown:

But at least you've seen them live at some point, which must have been brilliant, right? I have never, bouh, was too young, my parents would say :sneaky2:

same for me :emot-sad:

that's why, Laurel, you may better consider yourself somewhat priviledged :thumb_yello:

@Niki: in there's no other way Damon is very Patrick Wolf-like :naughty:

Hee, yes well Live gigs I have been very lucky... I didn't see them until 94 though... cos' my mum wouldn't let me go on my own... :(

Figures...

I can't even remember now half of the shows I saw ... when I was an obsessed Blur fan I could reel them off year by year.... I'm getting old .... lol

I shall have to work it out... my memory isn't what it used to be :(

@Niki: in there's no other way Damon is very Patrick Wolf-like :naughty:

Oh nooo, dont say that, please :naughty:

Hee, yes well Live gigs I have been very lucky... I didn't see them until 94 though... cos' my mum wouldn't let me go on my own... :(

Figures...

I can't even remember now half of the shows I saw ... when I was an obsessed Blur fan I could reel them off year by year.... I'm getting old .... lol

I shall have to work it out... my memory isn't what it used to be :(

How many gigs have you seen in all?

Oh nooo, dont say that, please :naughty:

How many gigs have you seen in all?

About 50 I think... I saw them 15 times in 2003 alone... mainly cos' I thought... and still think that would be the last time I'll ever see them Live... :blink:

Afew of those from 2003 were TV Shows... Jonathan Ross twice, CD: UK Special and an MTV Special. Thank god for internet then cos' I'd just got it and they wanted audience members and it was put on the Fanclub site. Was just very lucky.

They've done 4 Fanclub gigs and I managed to go to all of them...

Have to say these were the best shows I've ever been too... which is why I so hope if we do go Official (OK I know technically we are already) that Mika does them... because they are just special.... :wub2:

Every Wembley Arena gig they've ever done... that's a few over the years... actually every London gig they've ever done since 94' - I've managed to get to...

Been to see them in Scotland at T in the Park, V Festival, Reading Festival, never did get to Glastonbury though... :thumbdown:

Usually used to go and see them in Birmingham if they played there cos' my brother lives nearby... free accommodation :roftl:

Have done Birmingham for Franz too... so if Mika does gigs there, I'll be there with bells on... :wink2:

Other places I've seen them play are Brighton and Southend.... that's about it....

Would love to see them again.... cos' as a Live band they were and are fantastic... even without Graham they were great.... with Graham they were fabulous... :mf_rosetinted: