The "Food" Thread

Hummus seems to be popular. I LOVE hummus: especially garlicly or spicy hummus. One time I made my own...and I hvae to say that it was quite good.

Haha

I've never tried making my own! Maybe I should. Although me in the kitchen usually equals disaster. :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha...I don't think you'd make much of a disaster with hummus..it's quite easy.

oh, weekend project lissa!

(i'll supervise.)

oh and i''ve had crystal light before, but i like vitamin water better, so you should try it!

oh, weekend project lissa!

(i'll supervise.)

oh and i''ve had crystal light before, but i like vitamin water better, so you should try it!

I really want to but I haven't seen it anywhere. What's so special about it?

I really want to but I haven't seen it anywhere. What's so special about it?

I honestly don't know, but it's yummy and i don't think it has the artificial sweeteners and strange chemicals. try it, you'll like it lol.

Cool. Now I only need to find it...

it should be in most stores i think, they even sell it at my school.

anywho, i gotta go now. I'm going...birding?...nature walking with my sis and dad in the morning apparently. my dad is really excited about it, so i'll go along with it lol. anyways,that means i have to get up early- 9:30 lol, so i'm gonna go now. g'night!

it should be in most stores i think, they even sell it at my school.

anywho, i gotta go now. I'm going...birding?...nature walking with my sis and dad in the morning apparently. my dad is really excited about it, so i'll go along with it lol. anyways,that means i have to get up early- 9:30 lol, so i'm gonna go now. g'night!

Hmmm...a nature walk....interesting...I've never been on one. Bye bye.

Sushi, I've only ever tried the "not real" sushi at the Mandarin...that doesn't have any raw stuff in it. It wasn't real but it was good. One day I will eat real sushi.

is sushi very difficult to find in ur country? so u needa try the "real" ones in the future!! sashimi is reli tasty:punk:

the vitamin water looks nice... but i doubt if there are lots of pigment inside? i'm afraid of substances like that:boxed:

anyway,, i hope i can find one in Hong Kong:mf_rosetinted:

oh god your so lucky it look delicious, wow...i eat so much you have no idea, did you taste all of them??

oh yeaaaa.... all the pics are taken by me!! i enjoy doing such stupid thing before eating any delicious food:roftl: all the above which i posted are very common food in HK,, some of them are popular street food,, like the "smelly preserved bean curd" , "roasted squid" and "assorted cow's internal organs" (what's that? sori for my sucky translation = =") while some of them are soup pasta in HK style. 2 of them are chinese dim sum,, i bet u know which i'm refering to:punk:

Oh hot pot! i know that! i had it once when i was at dinner at a friends house. I remember it was really spicy! But it was good. I liked the noodles and potato things. there was a lot of sea food, but i really don't like seafood.

It was...HOT hahah =]

hahaha hot pot can be either spicy or non-spicy... i prefer the former! we simply pour ALL sorts of food including meat,, vegetables,, fish balls,, noodles,, bean curd,, mushroom,, radish etc into the soup!!! (as u can see in the pics lol) in the past,, ppl usually hv hot pot in winter.... but now,,, we can hv it in chinese restaurant at every nite whenever u want:naughty:

is sushi very difficult to find in ur country? so u needa try the "real" ones in the future!! sashimi is reli tasty:punk:

Nah, it's not difficult to find, it's just I've never tried the real sushi (with raw stuff in it) before. But I'll keep sashimi in mind when I do.

oh yeaaaa.... all the pics are taken by me!! i enjoy doing such stupid thing before eating any delicious food:roftl: all the above which i posted are very common food in HK,, some of them are popular street food,, like the "smelly preserved bean curd" , "roasted squid" and "assorted cow's internal organs" (what's that? sori for my sucky translation = =") while some of them are soup pasta in HK style. 2 of them are chinese dim sum,, i bet u know which i'm refering to:punk:

wow!!! thats not ridiculous at all!!! ive tried to take pics of what i eat too but lol my pics look NOTHING like yours, lmao...i cant believe im so lame or how good you are...im so impressed and roasted squids my god you will kill me, i LOVE squids, i cant believe this is street food im so jealous ****!!! i cant believe you are a fan of mika from Hong Kong, this is so exotic for me, if you have pics of the streets where they sell food and stuff please post them, i know i can go on google but its funnier if its someone from here. and yeah i know chinese dim sum,lol, hey btw, do you have real wasabi there, i mean the ones we have here in europe are not 100% pure wasabi, i saw a documentary where they said it was too xpensive, whats the brand of yours?

there are lots of dialects where you are,no?

For lunch today I had two baked potatoes. Then I put a bit of margarine on them. After that some shredded cheddar cheese. Then some sauteed onions (with seasoning and garlic). Topped off with a dab of sour cream.

Im in love with sushi!!

Its everywhere round here...but very expensive!

my friend sue chung from HK send me real Wasabi! Its really hotttttt!!!

not at all like stuff we get here!!!

My uncle went over to Beijing for a week... he keeps talking about chicken brains! then again ive never tried it myself...i think ill leave that one up to him!

foood.

Today I had a microwavable vegetarian thai chicken bowl....it wasnt so good =[

Ah Im hella crazving this spicy eggplant and tofu from this certain place i dont even know the name of. But its like a 20 minute drive and im too lazy haha

foood.

Today I had a microwavable vegetarian thai chicken bowl....it wasnt so good =[

Ah Im hella crazving this spicy eggplant and tofu from this certain place i dont even know the name of. But its like a 20 minute drive and im too lazy haha

I've only ever had tofu once. That was in a soup at the Mandarin...it was nasty. But I've heard that tofu tasts nice when cooked properly.

I've never had sushi before. I'm a little scared to try it. I hate fish. And it just smells funny. :(

Me too. Except for the fact that I don't mind fish- I'm just hesitant to eat RAW fish...

Hmmm...sounds good. I'm just a bit hesitant to eat uncooked seafood...

Its weird...I dislike eating regular sea food...but im fine with sushi!

at first I had a problem with the whole...seawead thing...but I got over that!

ok for those of you who are hesitating to eat raw fish, just start with sashimi first, there is just a little fish in it and be careful where you go, i mean dont get intoxicated.

Cool...thanks for the advice:thumb_yello:

I've only ever had tofu once. That was in a soup at the Mandarin...it was nasty. But I've heard that tofu tasts nice when cooked properly.

yeah, its great because it absorbs the flavor from anything you cook it with, since it really has no flavor of its own.

I quickly make it just with tamato sauce, hot sauce, and onions and it is gooooood. :thumb_yello:

(or mix it with taco powder and BAM!....taco filling)

hmm, i never tasted sushi when i ate fish.

It always seemed..weird. :blink:

wow!!! thats not ridiculous at all!!! ive tried to take pics of what i eat too but lol my pics look NOTHING like yours, lmao...i cant believe im so lame or how good you are...im so impressed and roasted squids my god you will kill me, i LOVE squids, i cant believe this is street food im so jealous ****!!! i cant believe you are a fan of mika from Hong Kong, this is so exotic for me, if you have pics of the streets where they sell food and stuff please post them, i know i can go on google but its funnier if its someone from here. and yeah i know chinese dim sum,lol, hey btw, do you have real wasabi there, i mean the ones we have here in europe are not 100% pure wasabi, i saw a documentary where they said it was too xpensive, whats the brand of yours?

there are lots of dialects where you are,no?

so yea in HK, mika always sounds far away from me:huh:

i seldom take photos of the places selling food... here comes two only:

P1000757.jpg?t=1211111256t93764137.jpg

P1000756.jpg?t=1211111283t93622467.jpg

the shops and the food!!

DSC09005.jpg?t=1211111076

and this's a very famous street in HK where lots of street food is selling there every day!

i'm not sure whether ALL wasabi we are eating here are 100% pure or not... but i guess most of them are quite real. and sushi in HK is not very expensive... for some common ones,, it only costs HK$5-7 each [HK$1=US$7.8]!

umum i dun think there are lots of dialects in HK coz most ppl here speak "cantonese". you can only hear this language in some areas of the Guangdong province in china! many mainlanders find cantonese difficult to understand as it is entirely different from mandarin/Putonghua!!:naughty:

i juz found several more photos from my album.

th_DSC04429.jpg

wonton and beef stew soup noodles

th_DSC04449.jpgth_DSC04450.jpg

in HK,, we call this "pineapple bread" -V- but of cozz there aren't any pineapple inside and the bread does not taste sweet..... it juz looks like pineapple [does it? you might not agree XD] u can add a piece of butter if u like and it's a typical food item in the breakfast menu:thumb_yello: