• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i really dont agree, for instance to communicate with kids you have to put yourself at their height, if you want to communicate with dumb people you have to lower yourself so they can undersatnd you and stop bothering you, otherwise they think they win and its fun and they do it again plus if you remain silent its not good for yourself, you keep all the anger inside...so use the language of people who bully you, if they speak with hands and have zero brain well then punch them, you´ll feel better, we are not the christ, we dont have to suffer twice.

Believe me it doesn't always work... I hit someone once... and then was set on by about 40 people a day later as I walked home from school... :boxed:

Words don't work either... they have a blinkered view of things and generally won't see your viewpoint anyway...

I once asked someone why she treated me this way... she told me because she chose to... that sums it up really...

So once you've tried both options - you end up walking away and trying to ignore it... it's the only way in the end...

Words don't work either... they have a blinkered view of things and generally won't see your viewpoint anyway...

there is something that always work though, i agree its a waste of time to xplain things in an intellingible way because like the girl said she chose it, what can you possibly do against this? nothing. then you can hurt back to liberate yourself, pick the worst part of the anatomy of the person in front of you and make fun of it, i ll guarantee theyll end up crying and then they will leave you alone because they wont wish to hear that again. say they are too fat or too thin people are so superficial, it works all the time.

i really dont agree, for instance to communicate with kids you have to put yourself at their height, if you want to communicate with dumb people you have to lower yourself so they can undersatnd you and stop bothering you, otherwise they think they win and its fun and they do it again plus if you remain silent its not good for yourself, you keep all the anger inside...so use the language of people who bully you, if they speak with hands and have zero brain well then punch them, you´ll feel better, we are not the christ, we dont have to suffer twice.

it can be difficult, because no bully is the same.

i mean, what can you do?

you can fight back, and get laughed at (like i did)

you can fight back, and scare them off.

OR

you can ignore it, and hope they get bored

you can ignore it, and then they think you're a pushover and so continue (like my experience)

I tried both things and neither worked. I told teachers, nothing got done. Some may have been suspended, but what does that teach them? 3 days off school, woohoo for them! i mean, even if you DO tell the teacher, they can then bully you for being a snitch. Bullies are bullies and will torture you regardless. Bring back the cane I say, and show them DISCIPLINE because the word doesn't exist in todays society in the UK, I swear by it!

Now, I take no sh*t from NO-ONE. They give me bitch, I bitch right back and twice as hard. They shut up then. No-one's gone to hit me, but if they do I'll hit them twice as hard. NEVER back down, show them what you're made of. And even if you lose, don't make it easy for them. And ANYONE who gets more than one person on you is the coward - because THEY'RE the ones who can't fight for themselves. There are several people I wish I had hit at school, but never did because I scared of getting into trouble (didn't want my parents disappointed in me, nor did I want to ruin my future or education). Now I have more confidence. The bullying HAS strengthened me and if someone says the slightest thing, I don't remain silent and let it get worse. I make sure I end it before it really begins. You need to stick up for yourself because there isn't always going to be someone there for you.

Believe me it doesn't always work... I hit someone once... and then was set on by about 40 people a day later as I walked home from school... :boxed:

I once asked someone why she treated me this way... she told me because she chose to... that sums it up really...

So once you've tried both options - you end up walking away and trying to ignore it... it's the only way in the end...

so did I. An old friend of mine at dancing got on well with two bullies at my school, and I told her that they bully me. She told them, and then they said to me "why did you tell so-and-so that we bully you?" (not in a threatening way, an actual question). and i said "because you do" and they said "no we don't." and so they denied it when trying to talk to them about it face to face. My I.T. teacher even wrote in my yearbook that she "admired how I overcome all those little difficulties", meaning the idiots I got hassle from. I never let it show that it bothered me in school, I even tried to remain normal at home, but when I look back I realise how much it did affect me.

Look at me now; I'm loud, chatty, confident....back then I was introverted, shy, barely talked...I was a geek and got bullied for several reasons. I didn't even go to my prom because there was so many people I hated, and I don't regret not going. I missed out on an expensive dress I'd never wear again, big deal. I was glad to leave and if I ever had the choice to go back in time, I'd never go there again. I'd gladly erase those five, torturous years.

it can be difficult, because no bully is the same.

i mean, what can you do?

you can fight back, and get laughed at (like i did)

you can fight back, and scare them off.

OR

you can ignore it, and hope they get bored

you can ignore it, and then they think you're a pushover and so continue (like my experience)

I tried both things and neither worked. I told teachers, nothing got done. Some may have been suspended, but what does that teach them? 3 days off school, woohoo for them! i mean, even if you DO tell the teacher, they can then bully you for being a snitch. Bullies are bullies and will torture you regardless. Bring back the cane I say, and show them DISCIPLINE because the word doesn't exist in todays society in the UK, I swear by it!

Now, I take no sh*t from NO-ONE. They give me bitch, I bitch right back and twice as hard. They shut up then. No-one's gone to hit me, but if they do I'll hit them twice as hard. NEVER back down, show them what you're made of. And even if you lose, don't make it easy for them. And ANYONE who gets more than one person on you is the coward - because THEY'RE the ones who can't fight for themselves. There are several people I wish I had hit at school, but never did because I scared of getting into trouble (didn't want my parents disappointed in me, nor did I want to ruin my future or education). Now I have more confidence. The bullying HAS strengthened me and if someone says the slightest thing, I don't remain silent and let it get worse. I make sure I end it before it really begins. You need to stick up for yourself because there isn't always going to be someone there for you.

Completely the same Caz...

I did in fact have a stand up fight with one of the main ringleaders who bullied me nonstop for 9 years... she'd moved down my road by that point... so there was no getting away from her.... her mum actually ended up quite friendly with mine... she'd set on me yet again on the way home from school... got me from behind with her schoolbag... really whacked me on the head with it... she was with about 3 friends of hers... I ran off and took a shortcut home... but by the time I was walking up my road - I turned round as I got to her house.... and realised she was just behind me on the path... I just saw red... Completely flew at her... Her dad ended up racing out of the house after about 5 mins and pulled us apart..... I felt so flipping amazing .... she'd barely touched me a few hair pulls is all I'd got... didn't really know if I'd hurt her or not...

My mum spoke to hers the day after... and she was in floods of tears once she'd got in the house... I'd really really hurt her...

Cos' when we got to school she tried to put a brave face on in front of everyone and say she'd kicked the **** out of me .... but I knew the truth... I never took any notice of her after that... oh she still bullied me .... but I knew she knew I was no walk over.... :wink2:

People are bitches.

I'm not kidding. My mom was made fun of for being the only kid in her school with glasses. Then all of a sudden everyone wanted them. We can't help what we are, but we should appreciate it. I'm sure your eyes are probably sexy :mf_lustslow: but don't feel as if you need to change it because you don't. it makes you unique.

Completely the same Caz...

I did in fact have a stand up fight with one of the main ringleaders who bullied me nonstop for 9 years... she'd moved down my road by that point... so there was no getting away from her.... her mum actually ended up quite friendly with mine... she'd set on me yet again on the way home from school... got me from behind with her schoolbag... really whacked me on the head with it... she was with about 3 friends of hers... I ran off and took a shortcut home... but by the time I was walking up my road - I turned round as I got to her house.... and realised she was just behind me on the path... I just saw red... Completely flew at her... Her dad ended up racing out of the house after about 5 mins and pulled us apart..... I felt so flipping amazing .... she'd barely touched me a few hair pulls is all I'd got... didn't really know if I'd hurt her or not...

My mum spoke to hers the day after... and she was in floods of tears once she'd got in the house... I'd really really hurt her...

Cos' when we got to school she tried to put a brave face on in front of everyone and say she'd kicked the **** out of me .... but I knew the truth... I never took any notice of her after that... oh she still bullied me .... but I knew she knew I was no walk over.... :wink2:

You go girl.

I remember this one time in junior school, all these boys jumped on my best mate (who got physically bullied, and I still don't know why). I remember hearing Charlie scream "CAROLINE, GO GET A TEACHER!" so I ran round the playground and eventually found a dinner lady. She followed me to where the fight was, but by then the fight had dispersed. She thought I was lying and just walked off, so I went to find Charlie.

There he was, sitting in front of a door, curled up and crying. I went to comfort him but the group came back and stood in front of us...boys AND girls. Charlie and I were on a small platform in front of the door and I let that be my soap box. I stood up, just me against about...I dunno, the 10 of them? I told them EXACTLY what I thought of them, I asked them how they thought Charlie must feel. I can't really remember what happened after that, but I don't recall having another fight like that during those school years. I was only eight. What kind of eight year old should have to do that?

The most awful one I remember was when Charlie and I were about 12. It started off in the dinner queue...Charlie decided to stop swearing, so when he tripped over he said "ow, beesh!" - which was the first thing that came to his head. This boy, in the same year, jumped in and said "what did you call my mum?" Charlie and I were bemused at first, and we said "we didn't call your mum anything."

We got our dinner and started walking round the school, trying to avoid this boy who was following us. He had this older boy with him, who was between the ages of 14-16.

We got to near the field and the boy - named Grant - pushed Charlie to the floor. I then grabbed Grant's face, forced him to look at me in the eye, and said loud and clear: "We didn't call your mum anything. Now leave us alone."

However they continued to follow us and we ended up on the field. Grant leaned in on Charlie and he started to swing his bag at the bully for self defence. Grant then went for him, knocking Charlie to the floor, punching him and kicking in every place possible. I went to jump in but the older boy grabbed me by the wrists, holding me back. I tried to break free but couldn't. A few seconds later a large crowd had formed and that just STOOD THERE AND WATCHED. While I was struggling to get free, I talked to them. I said "AREN'T YOU GONNA DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?! STEP IN, GET A TEACHER?!" and someone replied "Nah, let them fight it out." and i was like "YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY THEY'RE FIGHTING!!"

In the end, my anger pulled through so strongly I freed myself from this boy, and managed to get Grant off Charlie. We then went straight to the Deputy Head.

Grant apologised me to the face, but I'll never forgive him for it.

After that day, Charlie went home during lunch to avoid the bullying. Halfway through our second to last year, Charlie dropped out of school and got home schooled for the rest of the school years. After that, to get away from everything, he and his mother moved two hours away...

and now I barely ever get to see him. All because of bullies.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late replies, I thought a lot.

lol, i'm not particularly good at catching OR throwing and i don't have any lazy eyes :roftl: apart from this one time during basketball, i was doing REALLY well. This girl on my other team always hated me for whatever reason, she never got to know me, and she was like "Oh Caroline you're getting too big for your boots!" - basically saying I was showing off, when before I got stick for having butter fingers and being completely useless! I couldn't win lol, but I still strode on and ignored their stupid comments. It was just jealousy, and if they can't deal with it, it's THEIR problem and I couldn't give two monkeys. Let them be jealous - at least I show people what I can do, I don't shy away from the things I love to do, because they make me ME. They only act like the way they do because they feel pathetic in themselves, and want to make themselves feel bigger and better by bringing other people down.

It's not OUR fault if we have things they don't. Being a natural is one thing, and showing off is another. The most important thing to remember is the one thing that's probably one of the most important things in life: Be yourself :thum_yello:

I'm so glad you were yourself at school Caroline! I hope later in life I'll manage to do the same. The way for me to do that is to stay in the library, and I love it here:blush-anim-cl:

I'll try not to let anyone bring me down now!!

Pffffttt SITM .... this chick is probably only being mean 'cos she feels insecure within herself .... she prob. already feels really bad about it ... YOU are bigger than any kind of silly slander ..... :cool:
Thanks so:blush-anim-cl:

I think she is pretty insecure... she's probably trying to find herself, she is young (pfft how can I say thatb if she is only a day younger than me :P), she makes a huge deal out of liking bands like Nirvana and My Chemical Romance and then isn't nice to anyone who didn't 'like' them before and now hums along to their tunes... maybe it isn't a bad thing, but as a trusted MFC member told me, she's probably trying to be "Indie"... that's true :blink:

Thanks HK!!!:wub2:

Don't let them get to you, hun.

My cousin has a lazy eye, but she's great fun and has in the last year graduated to being a maternity nurse. And she never let her eye hold her back.

You now only really notice it when she's really tired, but we're all used to it, so we don't notice it at all.

Can't say when I've been hanging out with her, that anyone has said anything about it, so I've not seen any problems, but I only see her when I go to Ireland, so I don't know what happens when I don't see her.

Thanks RAK1! My eye only used to wander when I was tired, but now I feel it is getting worse... I can't tell if it's really that or if it's just me being self-conscious... but I'm trying not to let it get in my way any more! :bleh:

Hi Mad - what a horrible thing for someone to say!!! :thumbdown

My oldest son has a very weak eye, he is practically blind in it, and he

had to wear eye patches over his good eye to try and make the other

one work. The result was he was no good at ball games, or any activity

which required him to see something quickly. The other children made

a fool of him - and it hurt him badly. He is now manager of three shops,

has a lovely car and home, so don't let anyone put you down. We are all

unique in our own way - and its the differences that make us interesting!!

:huglove:

I believe that it's certainly the differences which make us interesting! = )

I'm so so glad your son got his way-those people who tease others because of a disability- I hope they turned out jobless and unhappy!:bash:

Good on your son Wendi!! I hope he showed all those #%$#&s what they deserve!

What the flip is going on?! People are going mad! SO WHAT YOU HAVE A LAZY EYE?! Nobody's perfect my dear. I'm sure your friend has other problems (clearly she does). Not that a lazy eye's a bad thing. How's it a bad thing?

Feel better because it's not worth it. You're prefectly fine : )

Thanks so Shahd:wub2: Yeah, the girl has issues:cool:

Ignore it... she does not deserve to be heard...
I'm doing that, thanks Nâgö!

I really hate it when people are cruel to others, just to make themself feel better! I would never in a million years say something that would hurt someone's feelings like that! Why be cruel to others... I guess she never heard the saying treat others as you would like them to treat you!

You are right about one thing all of the TRUE MFCers are quite special! Mika painted us a world so bright and colorful full of Lollipops and glitter - and everyone else WONDER why we are always so happy!!!!

It is our Mika secret!!!! ssshhhh!!!! :naughty:

I love the Mika world! It's the only place I always feel happy, no matter what! Thank you Holly!!!

hey next time she talks to you, just tell her:

"fix your ****ing brain before you talk to me":naughty:

I'll try, I don't swear much:naughty:But I guess in this case it'll be really worth it!

Today someone told me in a cruel tone that I needed to "fix your eyes before you talk to me".

And then she said sorry, but I found out later that a mutual friend had told her to say sorry. She didn't want to herself.

This wasn't the only thing she said that hurt me.

I used to think my lazy eye was cool, made me look more like Mika, was different... but now I feel terrible that someone told me to "fix" something I can't control.

During that lesson I got a little teary-eyed due to the fact that someone I thought used to be such a great friend could do such a thing... but I managed not to cry and keep it until I'll get home, probably.

Sorry for the rant. Maybe it was my fault. This may be a pointless thread, but the MFC seriously is where all the greatest and kindest people I know are- all in one place :tears:

Mad xx

Aw, I'm sorry I didn't read this until just now! And I'm not sorry for you, you are perfect just the way you are, your "friend" it's shallow and a really stupid kid, I feel sorry for her. I'll let you know my story; I've been a big girl for quite a while, but is not by choise, I don't eat that much and I don't eat junk food but happens that I got this metabolic dissorder called hypotiroidism, so it makes me process my food in a very unsual way, for example carrot and lettuce are healthy for other people, but for me it's like poison, you see? I didn't choose this but it's the way I am. When I was growing up, the kids used to be very cruel to me, calling me all of those nasty nicknames but I just didn't care! And I had a nice childhood, so, do the same thing: Don't give anyone the power to make you feel uncomfortable in your own skin.

♪♫ Don't worry, be happy ♪♫

I'm the same Wendi... eye patch never really worked though either...

Funnily enough my lazy eye was the only thing I was never bullied at school for... and I can barely see out of it.... : (

Not a big deal for me though .... my other eye works fine... :tumb_yello:

Just take no notice of them Mad.... people who so easily throw insults have there own issues to deal with... you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.... : (

:huglove:

Thanks Laurel, I believe so. We were playing softball or smth and she thinks I suck at it. Oh well, I'm over it now =)

I wore super thick glasses and an eye patch before I was even one year old because I had a vary bad squint/estrabism. At 2 years, I had laser op thing to correct it, but the eye went too far out and it stayed that way... I'm learning to like it again! : )

Howdy!

I have a lazy eye, too, do you wear glasses to fix it?

Anyway, I know how it can be. When I was little I used to show it off to everybody because I thought it was so cool, but now that I'm older I sometimes am embarrassed by it and feel insecure about it.

Don't let her words hurt you. Like you said, it's something you can't control. Obviously this shows just the type of character she is. You don't need people like that around you. Don't let those harsh words bring you down, she probably feels insecure about something herself, and to make herself feel better, she thought she'd point out yours. Remember that not everybody is perfect, and having a lazy eye isn't a bad thing. It can be fixed with glasses or surgery, it could be much worse. Besides, most cases aren't that noticeable!

I'm not getting surgery to fix mine, I just wear glasses because mine is pretty bad. Your lazy eye doesn't take away from your great personality and shouldn't be what defines you. Just remember that you're a unique, amazing individual and to never let those cruel words bring you down. :cherful_h4h:

Thanks so, Fink =) I could have surgery, but it would only improve the position of the iris, and not really improve the quality of my eyersight (hope I made sense here), that's what the eye doc said, and that's whay my dad thinks it's not worth fixing, 'cause it's all appearance... but when I'm 18 or something, I'll get the money, and fix it if it's that worth it!

I used to wear thick glasses and a patch, from 11 months to 2 years old, and then when I was 11 or something, I started wearing glasses again to slightly improve my sight, but I didn't see any difference, and I'd forget to put them on anyway, so I stopped wearing them:naughty: My eyesight is fine though.

I've seen pics of you with your lovely glasses on before, and you're lovely! Don't feel self conscious or anything, your glasses make you YOU and that's beautiful:wub2:

That's great Pam! Good quote too. I've tipped coke on a boy before for being mean, I've thrown soil at the same boy... even though afterwards I had to clean it up, it was biology, but he said sorry, and we're friends... Thank you Pam!!!

Ah im so so sorry that you had to experience something sooooooooooo awful! but its good you didnt cry infromt of her, and you know what? iv got a slightly lazy eye too and i love it, makes me me!

Always here if you wanna talk :wink2:

I hardly ever cry in front of people, 'cause I don't want them to see I'm hurt... Your lazy eye must be lovely!

Thanks Shameez! : )

but i think we all have a lazy eye,no? i mean like feet, one is a bit bigger than the other one, thats normal i guess.
Yes we do, I think many people here have one.... but mine is quite noticeable :S

I kinda avoid the person and if a have to see them, i smile (like you mean it...) and let them think that what they say is nonsense and my life still rocks (even if it doesnt)
That's a great motto! And they don't know you at all, so how would they know if your life rocked or not?? : )

well does she like mika? if not, then she doesn't exist!:naughty: just kidding.

unfortunatly i think lots of people know how you feel. i just got put down today in fact. i just tried to ignore it and put on some mika!

Yeah she doesn't exist. And that's a great posture Musicfreak, don't EVER let any bitches put you down!!

People are bitches.

I'm not kidding. My mom was made fun of for being the only kid in her school with glasses. Then all of a sudden everyone wanted them. We can't help what we are, but we should appreciate it. I'm sure your eyes are probably sexy :mf_lustslow: but don't feel as if you need to change it because you don't. it makes you unique.

They are!

Thanks for calling my eyes sexy! There's a lot of controversy over what colour they are though. Once in biology we had to tally up the eye colour of everyone in the class, and some big discussion arose over what it was... in the end, a few people put "grey", others "green", others "blue" and one guy put "alien"! :lmao:

Glasses rock. And your mum must be the coolest!!

Aw, I'm sorry I didn't read this until just now! And I'm not sorry for you, you are perfect just the way you are, your "friend" it's shallow and a really stupid kid, I feel sorry for her. I'll let you know my story; I've been a big girl for quite a while, but is not by choise, I don't eat that much and I don't eat junk food but happens that I got this metabolic dissorder called hypotiroidism, so it makes me process my food in a very unsual way, for example carrot and lettuce are healthy for other people, but for me it's like poison, you see? I didn't choose this but it's the way I am. When I was growing up, the kids used to be very cruel to me, calling me all of those nasty nicknames but I just didn't care! And I had a nice childhood, so, do the same thing: Don't give anyone the power to make you feel uncomfortable in your own skin.

♪♫ Don't worry, be happy ♪♫

I love that quote! And I know people with thyroid problems, and I'd never EVER consider calling them anything!! Those people who make fun of others that way deserve a sh*tty life, and I hope that those people who called you those things are having one!

And you're so beautiful Kary!:wub2:

I love that quote! And I know people with thyroid problems, and I'd never EVER consider calling them anything!! Those people who make fun of others that way deserve a sh*tty life, and I hope that those people who called you those things are having one!

And you're so beautiful Kary!:wub2:

You are a nice girl! :original: And well, although mean people deserves a little taste of their own medicine, I can't wish for them a sh*tty life, I do believe in karma, and one of this days they are gonna have to pay back.

And you are beautiful too honey! Everyone knows it! :huglove:

You are a nice girl! :original: And well, although mean people deserves a little taste of their own medicine, I can't wish for them a sh*tty life, I do believe in karma, and one of this days they are gonna have to pay back.

And you are beautiful too honey! Everyone knows it! :huglove:

Kary I want your hair!:mad3:

Karma is a great thing... One day those people will have a bad life anyway:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks!! And one day I'll post a 2nd pic of myself:naughty:

Today someone told me in a cruel tone that I needed to "fix your eyes before you talk to me".

And then she said sorry, but I found out later that a mutual friend had told her to say sorry. She didn't want to herself.

This wasn't the only thing she said that hurt me.

I used to think my lazy eye was cool, made me look more like Mika, was different... but now I feel terrible that someone told me to "fix" something I can't control.

During that lesson I got a little teary-eyed due to the fact that someone I thought used to be such a great friend could do such a thing... but I managed not to cry and keep it until I'll get home, probably.

Sorry for the rant. Maybe it was my fault. This may be a pointless thread, but the MFC seriously is where all the greatest and kindest people I know are- all in one place :tears:

Mad xx

oh im so sorry, to hear, how bad youre frind said to you, thats not youre fault having a lazy eye :boxed:

those friends are not worth you :wink2: