Mika Gets To Work On Sophomore Album

greta

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im glad, but the US will prolly have to wait a month after the UK *rols eyes*

ACK explain wherefore what you speak! oh no! just thought about the delay in Winehouse, Duffy and Adele over here. OH NO NO, but those people I was like oh, they are cool and waiting was reasonable, but now with Mika, that's a different story.

What can be done, nothing? pay import prices?

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3id08e9f14f520f15d5e1e7d3c55219167

May 23, 2008

By Lars Brandle, London

Mika is making headway with the follow-up album to his mega-hit debut, "Life in Cartoon Motion," Billboard.biz can reveal.

Mika caught up with Billboard.biz Thursday afternoon during the prestigious Ivor Novello Awards ceremony, where he collected a gong for songwriter of the year.

"I'm writing my second album," he said, confident that at least three tracks were already in the bag. "It's all about building those songs after the process of the first album, and they're coming along, which is comforting."

The album, explained the U.K.-based, Lebanese-born singer, doesn't yet have a date. Or a release date. "There's a lot of debate and discussion as to when it will come out though. Now I'm just focusing on writing the songs."

When asked whether it would have a similar feel to the first album, Mika gave simply gave this reporter a wry smile.

"Life in Cartoon Motion" (Casablanca/Island) has three IFPI Platinum Europe Certifications, for pan-European shipments in excess of three million units. In Britain, the set is certified four-times platinum (1.2 million copies) after 67 weeks on the Official U.K. Albums Chart, where it is currently at No. 54.

Mika has a raft of European dates booked this summer, beginning July 3 at the Rock Werchter in Leuven.

sophomore...I always loved this word! {from the ancient greek sophos=wise + moros=fool} :naughty:

nice article! thanks for posting greta:thumb_yello:

as for sophomore, wow greta you speak ancient greek!

ACK explain wherefore what you speak! oh no! just thought about the delay in Winehouse, Duffy and Adele over here. OH NO NO, but those people I was like oh, they are cool and waiting was reasonable, but now with Mika, that's a different story.

What can be done, nothing? pay import prices?

HORRIBLE that we in the US might/prolly will have to wait! That's going to be a killer!

Take another cuppa tea and keep working Mika!

Firstly, T4P!

im glad, but the US will prolly have to wait a month after the UK *rols eyes*

Ummm, what about Aus? (six months after probably!)

I'm glad Mika doesn't make promises. Good for him for not giving a time frame.

If I could only make a suggestion, however (hoping that he reads this or Team Mika reads this and relays messages back...:naughty:) that the lyrics to ALL the songs be printed inside the album cover.

And when you start promoting the next album tour, please don't do Toronto in December, January or February. Besides us crazies that queue in the morning, Andy gets cold as he films us outside. Anyways, I'd rather visit Australia during those months while you tour there.

Thank you. :cool:

NOoooooo! As much as I'd love to have you over here then Suzy, it's too bloody hot to be standing around in queues during those months. Autumn would be MUCH better. (Mika, you getting the hint here?)

Mika Starts New Album's Works

May 24, 2008 03:23:50 GMT 0 comment(s)

by Staff Writer

Having just released his debut album "Life In Cartoon Motion" in 2007, the British singer already went ahead to finish up the follow up for it. LMK-002885.jpg

© Landmark/PR Photos

After having a successful debut album with his "Life In Cartoon Motion", which was dropped in 2007, singer Mika doesn't want to wait long to release his sophomore effort. The British singer has revealed to Billboard.com that he has started the work for his new LP saying, "I'm writing my second album."

The singer also confirms that he has already had some songs that will be put on the new LP and he will build the new set from those songs. "It's all about building those songs after the process of the first album, and they're coming along, which is comforting." Two new songs that reportedly will be included for the forthcoming record are "How Much Do You Love Me" and "Holy Johnny."

Although he has confirmed that the new album is being worked, Mika still hasn't set a release date or a title for it. Explaining it during the 2008 Ivor Novello Awards ceremony, he said, "There's a lot of debate and discussion as to when it will come out though. Now I'm just focusing on writing the songs."

Meanwhile, not only attending the Ivor Novello on May 22, but the pop/rock singer also managed to take home an award from the event. He adds another award on his list by taking home the Songwriter of the Year category that night. In related news, beside working on a new album Mika will also kick start his European tour this year which is set to start on July 3 at the Rock Werchter in Leuven.

Yay!!! I LOVE Holy Johnny! I'll be sooo pleased if that's on the new album. I just hope if it is, that it keeps that rough sound that it has in concert. Nothing too smooth please Mika for HJ.

I like both the DVD version and the more instrumental organic version of HJ, hmmm Mika how about including the other version as a bonus. I love it when Mikey kicks in with the cello? boom da boom and the oh, yeah he's fine!

Haaaa greaat newwwsss

Mikaaaa come to Brasill haaaieiinnn

But, HMDYLM is a special song for me.. i first heard it qhen i was so sad... and it makes me see what happens around me and i got happy!

ehehhe HJ is funny for me...

But why not really new songs?

XD

Haaaa greaat newwwsss

Mikaaaa come to Brasill haaaieiinnn

But, HMDYLM is a special song for me.. i first heard it qhen i was so sad... and it makes me see what happens around me and i got happy!

ehehhe HJ is funny for me...

But why not really new songs?

XD

Perhaps because for the greater proportion of the planet they will be new songs? I dunno.

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/industry/e3id08e9f14f520f15d5e1e7d3c55219167

May 23, 2008

By Lars Brandle, London

Mika is making headway with the follow-up album to his mega-hit debut, "Life in Cartoon Motion," Billboard.biz can reveal.

Mika caught up with Billboard.biz Thursday afternoon during the prestigious Ivor Novello Awards ceremony, where he collected a gong for songwriter of the year.

"I'm writing my second album," he said, confident that at least three tracks were already in the bag. "It's all about building those songs after the process of the first album, and they're coming along, which is comforting."

The album, explained the U.K.-based, Lebanese-born singer, doesn't yet have a date. Or a release date. "There's a lot of debate and discussion as to when it will come out though. Now I'm just focusing on writing the songs."

When asked whether it would have a similar feel to the first album, Mika gave simply gave this reporter a wry smile.

"Life in Cartoon Motion" (Casablanca/Island) has three IFPI Platinum Europe Certifications, for pan-European shipments in excess of three million units. In Britain, the set is certified four-times platinum (1.2 million copies) after 67 weeks on the Official U.K. Albums Chart, where it is currently at No. 54.

Mika has a raft of European dates booked this summer, beginning July 3 at the Rock Werchter in Leuven.

sophomore...I always loved this word! {from the ancient greek sophos=wise + moros=fool} :naughty:

I can't believe he is STILL writing new songs for the album,

or is that just me thinking this?????

But surely he has LOTS of songs already, I can't believe he is sitting at home thinking ....

Right........what shall I write next:boxed:

I don't think he's talking about writing songs from scratch. Like he's just waiting for a documentary to come on TV to inspire him so he can dash one off in 15 minutes.

He probably has many songs in various stages of completion and it's only three of them, including HMDYLM, that are ready to record.

As someone recently mentioned he wrote Grace Kelly for the most part before ever meeting Jodi Marr but she still helped him finesse it and turn it into what we hear on the album. They didn't sit down together with a blank sheet of paper and write it from scratch.