Photography!

Sooooo I just got done three very long days of orientation at the photography institute! :punk:

We went from 8-4 and this Monday is our first day of classes 8-5. I think some of us will be getting our cameras on Monday and the rest on Tuesday. I can't wait! I can definitely tell this is the best school for me. :punk: Their technology and what they do here is stunning. We've had guest speakers and people come in from classes before talking to us. It's been long but amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Bummmmp

I haz a pro camera now, along with a tripod, light meter and all that fun stuff. :biggrin2:

We've already gone on location and got to shoot for a whole day and we get to do that three more times this week. We're shooting film right now but I think this week we get a digital back for our cameras. If so I think I'm going to make a spur of the moment trip to NYC to shoot for a day. I feel like shooting some city scenes now so I can stay interested in finding stuff in the "country" to shoot. Plus everyone will be shooting around here so I want to be different. :bleh:

I have a couple pictures that I'll post sometime soon from another camera we got to mess around with last week.

so i'm in a photography class now:bleh: it's exciting because it's film and we shot our first color roll two weeks ago, but i learned my lesson from loading....i had it 'loaded' and went with my dad one early morning and got some gorgeous shots at a local college...when i spent the rest of the day shooting i looked and it hadn't loaded:tears: so i had to take some really crappy shots the next day afterschool....only one or two turned out interesting

i've just gotten a new camera today it's an early birthday present & it is so cool if you're looking for a relatively cheap but fantastic camera that does photos & movies & has anti shake & motion detection & red eye reduction then you wanna get a vivitar dvr 545 mine was only £80 which sounds a lot to some but for the amazing quality it's really very cheap!

here's some photos i've taken with it

i've just been messing around taking photos of myself (i want some decent pics on myspace for once)

and I also took a couple of photos of me lying on my bedroom floor with a photo of Mika (which I actually took back in feb when i met him using my old crummy camera)

mikame1.jpg

mikame3.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

there's more photos here (if you wanna have a look)

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/darius-nobacherie/newpics/

I'm in Dark Room Photography this year, and we've done two photograms so far! I'll post them tomorrow when I can! :bleh:

I like photograms. I still have pretty much all my photograms and photos (even the messed up ones) from my three classes. Save everything. It'll show how much progress you've made. That's what helped get me into this photography institute is showing them my work and how I progressed in a short amount of time. We had to bring in some pictures the other week and out of everyones the instructor liked one of mine the best. :wub2:

Tomorrow we're doing more portraits and we're shooting outside all day. I seriously love this school. No math, history, english, science anything... just strictly hands on photography 8am-5pm. :wub2:

I'm in Dark Room Photography this year, and we've done two photograms so far! I'll post them tomorrow when I can! :bleh:

I just did my first one a few weeks ago! i wish we had more chances to do some because i kind of messed up:thumbdown:

I like photograms. I still have pretty much all my photograms and photos (even the messed up ones) from my three classes. Save everything. It'll show how much progress you've made. That's what helped get me into this photography institute is showing them my work and how I progressed in a short amount of time. We had to bring in some pictures the other week and out of everyones the instructor liked one of mine the best. :wub2:

Tomorrow we're doing more portraits and we're shooting outside all day. I seriously love this school. No math, history, english, science anything... just strictly hands on photography 8am-5pm. :wub2:

That sounds like soo much fun!!:punk: what kind of stuff do you do for that long?

I just did my first one a few weeks ago! i wish we had more chances to do some because i kind of messed up:thumbdown:

That sounds like soo much fun!!:punk: what kind of stuff do you do for that long?

Pretty much anything and everything... except darkroom work. I'm glad I had that experience but I'm sort of glad it's over in a way. I couldn't imagine trying to fight for room in a darkroom with over 200 other people. :bleh: It was tons of lectures in the beginning and we still have a lot but we're doing a ton of shooting now. We finally go digital this week. :punk:

Some photos from a couple of our shoots when we got to go digital.

1-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

And from today...

Panning a car -

It was so much fun I have about 20 car photos. A lot of people just drove by and stared at us because they noticed three photographers with cameras following the path of their car. : P

4-3.jpg

Water in motion-

5-3.jpg

Just a part of a bridge but if I stare at it took long it just looks weird because it's abstract.

6-2.jpg

I like photograms. I still have pretty much all my photograms and photos (even the messed up ones) from my three classes. Save everything. It'll show how much progress you've made. That's what helped get me into this photography institute is showing them my work and how I progressed in a short amount of time. We had to bring in some pictures the other week and out of everyones the instructor liked one of mine the best.

Tomorrow we're doing more portraits and we're shooting outside all day. I seriously love this school. No math, history, english, science anything... just strictly hands on photography 8am-5pm.

Oooh alrighty! I shall make sure to save everything.

Congrats for getting into that photography institute! (Even though you got in a while ago probably :wink2:)

That sounds so great! :bleh:

Today we took our first pictures, and it was awesome! Once I took my first picture, I got so excited and go into this little vibe and start getting ideas like crazy. I want to get my own camera so bad!

I love photography :wub2:

I know! There so many things you can do with photograms! It'd be great if we did them more too :biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...

libecciata @ Marina di Massa {libeccio is a wind from SW}

fvwj9t.jpg

2ey7xx4.jpg

some strange sculptures@Carrara{the city from which the best marble in the world is extracted}

73mo36.jpg

^Rocco caught in the action! Mwahaha

nn4e8k.jpg

the inside is the most interesting part

seriously? no romanians in your family?

Nicolau isn't the most Portuguese name I've heard in my life...but it's the most romanian

You're right, it isn't a very commom Portuguese name! :naughty: