Photography!

Yeah- sometimes it is. There is a HUGE age gap between us (16 years). When I've gone out with my mom- she's been called grandma. And ocassionally I'll take him for walks and I'll get the dirtiest looks walking down the street. But I guess there are some things that I just shouldn't care what people think about me.

And not to mention- this kid...Mika works miracles on him.

awww...that happens to my friend too...she has much younger brother and gets bad looks...but she just acts like she can't see them!:bleh:. hey so does that mean you're 17:punk:hehe me too! my mum wanted 4 children but three is all she got...and i love both my sisters even if we do fight sometimes:naughty: do you have anymore siblings?

awww...that happens to my friend too...she has much younger brother and gets bad looks...but she just acts like she can't see them!:bleh:. hey so does that mean you're 17:punk:hehe me too! my mum wanted 4 children but three is all she got...and i love both my sisters even if we do fight sometimes:naughty: do you have anymore siblings?

I get the nasty looks from old ladies the most...

Yup- one other younger brother who is 10.

I get the nasty looks from old ladies the most...

Yup- one other younger brother who is 10.

just give them nasty looks back:naughty:that'll keep them moving:naughty:

that's awsome! i'm def. gunna have at least three kids when i get married...they always seem to get along better than 2...or maybe just in my opinion:bleh:

just give them nasty looks back:naughty:that'll keep them moving:naughty:

that's awsome! i'm def. gunna have at least three kids when i get married...they always seem to get along better than 2...or maybe just in my opinion:bleh:

I should hehe

You want three kids? Wow...I don't even know if I want kids...is that bad? I mean, I'm only 17 so my opinions could change right?

I should hehe

You want three kids? Wow...I don't even know if I want kids...is that bad? I mean, I'm only 17 so my opinions could change right?

haha no of course that's not bad! i've thought of not having them too...my mind changes all the time...maybe i'll adopt so i don't havta go thru the pain:roftl:...everytime i see those baby movies i shudder because it just looks sooo painful:naughty:

haha no of course that's not bad! i've thought of not having them too...my mind changes all the time...maybe i'll adopt so i don't havta go thru the pain:roftl:...everytime i see those baby movies i shudder because it just looks sooo painful:naughty:

Haha...that's true

Mmm I've been missing in here for a while. :fisch:

Since it's old I'll just say it here instead of multiquoting... thanks so much for the comments guys on my photos. :) I'm looking forward to entering them into a contest when it opens up.

LadyGodiva, that white iris is just simply gorgeous! Love love it!

Sooo I FINALLY got the book that my picture was published in. :woot_jump: I felt like I was NEVEr going to get it! It was so nerve wracking flipping through all of the pages trying to find mine but finally 134 pages later. :bleh:

I don't have anything scanned in yet as my printer/scanner is still with all of my college stuff so here's some not so good pictures hahaha.

The book:

CIMG5823.jpg

Number 6, the purple thistle is mine!

CIMG5845.jpg

When I first opened the book there's this huge two page spread all about the college I'm going to and there's tons of pictures in there from people that are going there so I'm quite happy that I've already gotten my name and photo in there before even attending the college.

I'm getting soooooo nervous about going though. I love photography but this is going to be my biggest change EVER! College is normally the biggest step you take before stepping out into the real world. You're kind of in between at that point from childhood to adulthood. My first college was only 45 minutes from home so it wasn't a drastic change. Now... in 25 days I'll be moving to another state, okay so I'll only be three hours away from home but I won't have time to go home when I feel like it or forget/need something and I'll be living with people who I've only talked to online... luckily we have a house so that's a big plus as I hated living in dorms. Also my days will change and go to 8am-5pm Monday through Friday and then having to go back in at night to do work. I'm not a morning person. I need to get that clock, Clocky, have you ever heard of it? It's an alarm clock that when it goes off it rolls off your night stand and makes this horrendous noise and rolls around on the floor so you have to get up and out of bed to shut it off hahaha. Ahhh and did I mention 8-5 days?! I thought high school was bad enough with 8-2:30 and I got spoiled at college being able to choose what times I wanted classes!

It's just so insane for me to think about! This is my last summer to just be a bum haha. After I graduate next June it'll be off to the real world. It's kind of scary to think about. :boxed: I really don't want to grow up! 21 years have gone by fast... I don't want to wake up and realize I'm 80 and wonder where it all went!

that's awsome!! you're pic is in the book...if i got that i'd probably not be able to stop screaming and show it off to everyone...even put the book on it's own pedistool:naughty:

oh nooo..you're making me scared for college! i'm gunna be a senior this year..but i'm touring a campus in 2 weeks...and right now it's the absolutly only college i want to go to..no other choices after:bleh:! and the worse part...it's 5 hours away from home!!:shocked:! i don't know how i'm gunna live [we do have a college about 20 minutes from my house but don't offer Art History program sooo..:thumbdown:]

that's awsome!! you're pic is in the book...if i got that i'd probably not be able to stop screaming and show it off to everyone...even put the book on it's own pedistool:naughty:

oh nooo..you're making me scared for college! i'm gunna be a senior this year..but i'm touring a campus in 2 weeks...and right now it's the absolutly only college i want to go to..no other choices after:bleh:! and the worse part...it's 5 hours away from home!!:shocked:! i don't know how i'm gunna live [we do have a college about 20 minutes from my house but don't offer Art History program sooo..:thumbdown:]

Hahaha I was in shock when my mom told me over the phone. I was walking back to my dorm because I had just gotten out of my long class and had a headache (it was an expository speaking class and I always got headaches because I was so nervous about having to stand up in front of the class to give speeches.) I think my mom cut me off of whatever I was saying because she opened up one of my letters that came home (was just easier instead of driving to give it to me) and she read off that my photo made it into the top 5% out of over 4,000 people that had entered (and you could enter as many photos as you wanted you just had to pay a fee.)

Haha I love that book. Funny thing was on facebook I joked around on my profile and said that my favorite books were picture books... and well now it really is. :lmfao:

I was in the same position as you... I had just one college that I wanted to go to and no back up colleges. I got in though, I hated the college, liked most of my professors and said that going there was my biggest mistake of my life but in a way it was good because I found photography there.

Just take things a day at a time! College really does fly by really fast. I think the first year is always the most fun and going home during the summer is so hard but it gets easier over time!

Just don't blink or else you might miss something and make sure to carry a camera around with you because you NEVER know WHAT you're going to see going on. :wink2: I've thought I've seen it all but college kept proving me wrong. :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*waves*

I've finally moved and I start photography school in exactly one month. :punk:

Right now it's just a TON of unpacking and rearranging to do, along with getting to know who I'm sharing a house with and finding things in this area so I haven't gotten to take any photos yet.

I'll leave you with these two though...

Stop and smell the flowers...

flowers.jpg

and don't forget about the small things in life.

toad.jpg

Life moves too fast so enjoy it! :punk:

Sooo I FINALLY got the book that my picture was published in. I felt like I was NEVEr going to get it! It was so nerve wracking flipping through all of the pages trying to find mine but finally 134 pages later.

I don't have anything scanned in yet as my printer/scanner is still with all of my college stuff so here's some not so good pictures hahaha.

The book:

CIMG5823.jpg

Number 6, the purple thistle is mine!

CIMG5845.jpg

OMG! Why didn't you post this in the aussie thread - go and post it there immediately! I didn't see this at all - that is so amazing! I thought it was a magazine - not a BOOK! :shocked:

It's so exciting though, the new college - woo - go you!

But I'm glad I still have ... a lot more years until I have to think about joining the real world :naughty:

and don't forget about the small things in life.

toad.jpg

That is soooo cuuuuuuute!

Take pictures of your house damn it!

MO, I love your black&white/colour pictures, I love that effect :naughty:

I love all your photos as usual Jackie, I'm not even going to bother trying to pick out favourites because their all good :naughty:

You know, I actually did start uploading some pictures to Flickr ... ages ago, and then I got bored and forgot about it. :P

Those are really nice, Emerald! I especially like the one with the wooden legs.:wub2:

Thank you!!!:wub2: I did this one for my art class in high school. The teacher liked it too *phew*

Emerald, I love the ones with the old people/business guy looking at the city - is that supposed to symbolise like, the different things they see? That's what I see anyway :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

Anyway - Random question for the camera nerds! I did the STUUUPIDEST thing today, and, well, it resulted in my camera (with the lens out) tumbling down a sand dune, and now it's got all sand in it and the little doors wont work. And then I tried .. er, vacuum cleaning it, and now the doors don't work even worse :crybaby: Anyway, does anyone know any other ways to get that sand out and get the doors working again, OR if a camera repair person will be able to fix it / how much money that will cost?

I have no warranty or anything because I bought it online :naughty: