Photography!

Omg… Canon 5D mark II! I would love so much to have one! I read so many good things about this camera!:wub2:

I prefer canon, but many people says that Nikon it’s easier to work… I think it’s a matter of taste, however, I think canon lenses have better quality!

I’m thinking to make an investment on a medium format camera, because it’s easier to carry on (in comparison with a large format) and it has more quality than my Canon 400D! So I’ll have the possibility to print bigger images and the color will be more beautiful!:wink2:

And I agree with you… everything bigger than 21 megapixels it’s an exaggeration! You can also use interpolation software!

Do you like Mamya 645?

We were suppose to get Canon's back at the beginning of the year but they went for the Canon 5D Mark II and we've been waiting forever. Now we only really have like 2 months of shooting left and a month of seeing everyone's portfolios and finding out if we graduate or not. On a side note I'm horribly nervous to start this last part of school. THIS is the portfolio that decides if you graduate or not and you have to sit on stage with a couple other classmates in front of the whole school (there's 200 something of us) and be judge by a panel. :shocked:

I absolutely agree that it's a matter of taste. Honestly, I don't care if it's a Canon, Nikon, Olympus, just as long as it's easy to carry, work with, and gives me great quality I don't care!

As of right now you own a much better camera than I do. I have a Casio Exilim or something of the such as a point and shoot. It's only like 10 or 12 megapixels. :naughty: I guess it's because I'm not much of a camera nerd surprisingly and I wouldn't have known what to buy until now.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Mamiya. Sometimes it gets fussy when we're shooting and gives us an Err DB message and the battery life isn't too long. I think the reason why I don't get along with it is because it's NOT a camera that you want to sling around your shoulder and carry everywhere. It's pretty heavy and you can't catch spur of the moment things with it because with the Leaf back it takes a while to turn on. I like to carry a camera everywhere with me, and that one is too hard for me to do.

Now for the love: If I was opening up a studio though, then I would definitely buy one. It's an AMAZING in stuido camera. It gives you insane quality. In fact now after learning all of the retouching techniques I'm afraid when my friends want to shoot me because you really have to pay attention to grooming because that sucker will catch every stray hair, flyaway hairs, or pores. :naughty:

I would be totally fine if I got a job in a studio and they required me to use a Mamiya because I'm used to it, plus I love to shoot tethered because you can see results instantly.

Sadly I think the Mamiya with the Leaf digital back ranges between $10,000-$20,000. :jawdrop:

We were suppose to get Canon's back at the beginning of the year but they went for the Canon 5D Mark II and we've been waiting forever. Now we only really have like 2 months of shooting left and a month of seeing everyone's portfolios and finding out if we graduate or not. On a side note I'm horribly nervous to start this last part of school. THIS is the portfolio that decides if you graduate or not and you have to sit on stage with a couple other classmates in front of the whole school (there's 200 something of us) and be judge by a panel. :shocked:

I absolutely agree that it's a matter of taste. Honestly, I don't care if it's a Canon, Nikon, Olympus, just as long as it's easy to carry, work with, and gives me great quality I don't care!

As of right now you own a much better camera than I do. I have a Casio Exilim or something of the such as a point and shoot. It's only like 10 or 12 megapixels. :naughty: I guess it's because I'm not much of a camera nerd surprisingly and I wouldn't have known what to buy until now.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Mamiya. Sometimes it gets fussy when we're shooting and gives us an Err DB message and the battery life isn't too long. I think the reason why I don't get along with it is because it's NOT a camera that you want to sling around your shoulder and carry everywhere. It's pretty heavy and you can't catch spur of the moment things with it because with the Leaf back it takes a while to turn on. I like to carry a camera everywhere with me, and that one is too hard for me to do.

Now for the love: If I was opening up a studio though, then I would definitely buy one. It's an AMAZING in stuido camera. It gives you insane quality. In fact now after learning all of the retouching techniques I'm afraid when my friends want to shoot me because you really have to pay attention to grooming because that sucker will catch every stray hair, flyaway hairs, or pores. :naughty:

I would be totally fine if I got a job in a studio and they required me to use a Mamiya because I'm used to it, plus I love to shoot tethered because you can see results instantly.

Sadly I think the Mamiya with the Leaf digital back ranges between $10,000-$20,000. :jawdrop:

I can’t buy a digital back right now… I only want/can buy a film camera! I know that some back have the same price as a car!:naughty:

I had the same things as you in my graduation: advertising, architecture, fashion, post-production, black &white film, medium and large format (film and with a digital back), and of course all the theory associated to photography, and in the first too years, I had video classes, sound, illumination, etc! But I finished my graduation with a big project and an exhibition, I had to defend my work but it was only me and three teachers.

If I’ll buy a medium format camera I have to be calmer and think even more when I’ll photograph something. I think these cameras help us to have a different view of life and objects, and to forget the obsession the digital cameras bring us! We photograph more with digital cameras, but I think we think less. I don’t know if I’m making sense!:blush-anim-cl:

I would love to have a studio too… I worked in a studio (it was a not paying job, just to get some experience), but now with my MA I don’t have time to go back there.

i took it in portugal...

in the way to "serra de estrela"....

It is a recent photo?

Serra da Estrela is so beautiful, but I just go there when has snow, I really have to visit it in the summer!:wink2:

Yup. It's the Canadian side. :biggrin2:

Wow, those pics are wonderful:wub2:!!!! I've been there too!! One says it's better on the Canadian side!

Did you take the boat that goes just near the falls? It's a bit wet, isn't it?:naughty:

Yes it’s true! That’s why I love my country, because it´s not a huge country but we have a little of everything (beach, hills, heat, snow, little villages, big cities…)!

I would love to visit Niagara Falls, but I guess it would be a very expensive journey, I have to wait a few more years!:blush-anim-cl:

Canada will be waiting for you! :wink2::punk:

Wow, those pics are wonderful:wub2:!!!! I've been there too!! One says it's better on the Canadian side!

Did you take the boat that goes just near the falls? It's a bit wet, isn't it?:naughty:

Thank you very much! You enjoyed yourself, yes? And *cough* of COURSE the Canadian side is better. :biggrin2:

I didn't go the Maid of the Mist (the boat), but I went on the Journey Behind the Falls, which was pretty cool. Maybe next time I'll go on the boat. :thumb_yello:

I found another photo of the rainbow that better shows the double rainbow (you can see it better, right). Also, in the background, you'll see the American side of the falls and that bridge you see in the background is called the Rainbow Bridge. How ironic. :roftl:

100_4519-1.jpg

Canada will be waiting for you! :wink2 :punk

Thanks!:blush-anim-cl:

But I think Canada will have to wait a few years for me!:no:

I found another photo of the rainbow that better shows the double rainbow (you can see it better, right). Also, in the background, you'll see the American side of the falls and that bridge you see in the background is called the Rainbow Bridge. How ironic. :roftl:

100_4519-1.jpg

Rainbow Bridge is a very sweet name!:thumb_yello:

Lovely photo!:wub2:

How can you not enjoy yourself when you're in front of the Niagara Falls?? lol No seriously, it was wonderful!!!!!!

haha :roftl:

Well...err...I suppose the people who have the best spot to take photos and you have to wait and/or push a little bit to get where you want to be. :naughty: Besides that, the view is amazing, photos wonderful and atmosphere fantastic. :thumb_yello:

well as i went to a 3 day geography trip, i took loads of photos...heres a few...:wink2:

this was on the way...

w14avk.jpg

a bit bored on the beach....( missing mfc...:crybaby:)

rstzkh.jpg

lovely veiw in dorset , lulworth

23kz1iw.jpg

and another lovely veiw in dorset , lulworth

igm7g3.jpg

Here's a few old pictures I took about two years ago. I haven't taken any recently but I'd like to get back into it as a hobby.

929768-R1-15-8A_016.jpg

929768-R1-11-13A_012.jpg

929768-R1-21-2A_022.jpg

Wow-o!

I love the first one and 3rd one! I love all the photos of moving things, things in motion :naughty: I think it captures life very well :old:

I especially like the papers in the fire :naughty:

Wow-o!

I love the first one and 3rd one! I love all the photos of moving things, things in motion :naughty: I think it captures life very well :old:

I especially like the papers in the fire :naughty:

Thanks! The last one turned out so srange because of the smoke from the bonfire but I rather like it myself.

I’m having faints of excitement! :boing::boing:

I just bought Canon 5D Mark II! I’m in shock!:boxed:

That's really exciting! Let us know how it wrks for you.

929768-R1-11-13A_012.jpg

I'll always have a special place in my heart for black and white photography. :wub2:

I’m having faints of excitement! :boing::boing:

I just bought Canon 5D Mark II! I’m in shock!:boxed:

Nice!!! I haven't gotten to really try that camera yet but I'm thinking of buying it at the end of the school year. I'd buy it now but pff after spending over 50k to go to school money isn't easy to find. I bet that camera is amazing though. I like the Canon EOS 5D that I've shot with.

So as of now I have 8 applications for jobs floating out there. I had 9 but one job isn't available anymore.

I wish I could post more than just my commercial pics but I'd need permission from my models before doing so.

cup.jpg

paris-1.jpg

lovely veiw in dorset , lulworth

23kz1iw.jpg

You know how you are supposed to create an inner picture when you are doing yoga or are trying to relax? Well this one looks very much like the picture I use to imagine when I close my eyes and am trying to get in a peaceful state of mind…:blush-anim-cl:

It has to be MY beach; I’m going to move there:biggrin2:

*goes looking for Dorset in a map*:wink2:

Thank you so much for posting it, it's lovely!:wub2: