tauruslady

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you know, you can't start young enough, getting all experienced and stuff. Didi is my mistress and teacher:mf_rosetinted:

Hahaha! She knows the best :P

Yes.

Back to topic, new blog... but not by sam, from the record company, asking us to vote. RAH :naughty:

No. I think they'll announce the winner when they apologize for V festival.

Which is... next year when he cancels again, MAYBE :naughty:

Top of...:bleh:

Bestival: A River Runs Through It!

DAMN! What a crap load of rain!

We were all set for our first show in a while and our last festival of the season. I'd flown back from LA especially and the band I were really excited about it. We'd even got special sailor outfits and everything to match with the "30,000 Freaks Under the Sea" theme. But... due to torrential rains... which turned the whole event into a complete swamp... our stage started sinking and we had to pull the show!

It wasn't a complete waste of time though - we did a little acoustic set in the XBOX tent and got to hang out with Jamie Lidell for awhile ...but it was a treck. We got back to London at 7am and I slept all day. I'm still shattered!

It was the Bestival. It was the Worstival.

Mouhahahaha

Hold me

Or I'll post sthg very very mean as first comment to this blog :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quickie to let the little sparro-ites know that I won tics to see him tomorrow night in a pub in south London :punk:

Babs, Jemma, Sariflior are also going :punk::punk:

I just hope he turns up....:blink:

Hope you're all OK:thumb_yello:

You're so lucky, have a great time!:thumb_yello:

Just a quickie to let the little sparro-ites know that I won tics to see him tomorrow night in a pub in south London :punk:

Babs, Jemma, Sariflior are also going :punk::punk:

I just hope he turns up....:blink:

Hope you're all OK:thumb_yello:

going for extra singing lessons then

He was FAB!!! The venue was tiny - it's just a pub with a small stage and dance area. After all having a nightmare journey, we arrived just after 9.00 and found a spot right at the front of the stage, so we parked ourselves there and had a chat and a few drinks while we waited. The event was sponsored by San Miguel, so everyone had vouchers for a free pint and a half:thumb_yello:.

SS came on at 10.30 and loooked like he had just got off the sofa to come and sing a few songs to kill half an hour!! He had a baggy T-Shirt and trackie bottoms on with some lovely snazzy silver shoes! My only complaint was his new hair cut - I didn't like it. When I get some pics uploaded, you'll see what I mean!

Anyway, Sari, Me and Jems were right at the front and had our bags on the stage wedged between the speakers. SS came on and took the mike right in front of me and Sari. The only way we could have been any closer would have been if we'd sat on him (I was tempted :wub2:).

Anyway, he was on for about 1/2 hour, did a few from the album and a couple of covers - Homeless and American Boy. He was on top form, seemed to enjoy himself and not take himself too seriously and sounded great. At one point, he shook his head and covered us in Sam sweat:naughty:. It was extremely hot in there and after they had finished, I tried to grab his towel from the stage, but the officious security guard snatched it from me and threw it to the back....:thumbdown:Couldn't he see I was melting and needed to use a towel....:sweatdrop: Never mind, he's only doing his job I suppose and probably didn't want a towel drenched with Sam sweat turning up on E-Bay!!

A great night was had and I can't wait to see him next month. :thumb_yello:

I'll try and post some pictures over the weekend.

I tried to grab his towel from the stage, but the officious security guard snatched it from me and threw it to the back....:thumbdown:Couldn't he see I was melting and needed to use a towel....:sweatdrop: Never mind, he's only doing his job I suppose and probably didn't want a towel drenched with Sam sweat turning up on E-Bay!!

... or have some Sam DNA extracted from it :das:

Good to read you had a great time! :thumb_yello:

He was FAB!!! The venue was tiny - it's just a pub with a small stage and dance area.

Anyway, Sari, Me and Jems were right at the front and had our bags on the stage wedged between the speakers. SS came on and took the mike right in front of me and Sari. The only way we could have been any closer would have been if we'd sat on him (I was tempted :wub2:).

Aw, small venue again!:wub2:

Glad to hear you had a great night!:thumb_yello:

I think I have to explore SS music a little more, I haven't really paid much attention to it but I liked what I heard in Amsterdam!

:wub2: It was fantastic!!!

Like SL said, it was a tiny tiny venue, just a pub with a makeshift stage, where we had our bags and drinks just under Sam's feet, and all the time we were right there, under his nose, with the sweat dripping on us, YUK! HAHAHA

Seriously, it was really cool.

The stage was as tiny as Katy's last week, and equally close. Basically, a dream!

I video'd the whole thing and am in the process of putting them up there, but for now I only have managed to get 2 of them up:

Too Many Questions:

A bit of chatter including farts :roftl::

*Note that I was struggling to get the whole picture on cam, as we were so close that I would have needed a "zoom out" function to capture it all, if that existed, lol!

Sam was really lovely and delivered a great show, he was just too cute for words. Like someone said, he doesn't take himself too seriously, and that is SO refreshing!

He's so natural and funny! I loved him.

We didn't try and meet him at the end as we were all really knackered, but we did see him just before the gig (he walked and stopped to talk to someone just right next to us) but by the time I reacted thinking that I should have spoken to him (again !!) he had moved away :sneaky2: .

Sigh :naughty:.

I agree about the haircut though, it doesn't do him any justice like that. The man does have AMAZING teeth and eyelashes though. He's so pretty! Grumble.

Keep an eye out for the rest of vids that are coming up soon!

Gayness is just a detail.:mf_rosetinted:

I find him hot as hell. This microphone is the luckiest microphone in the whole world :naughty:

Well ,yes, he is indeed one hot man :naughty:.

I held the microphone:wub2::roftl:! Like the pictures testify:

http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=59632&l=f4ea3&id=596481578

Holding it:

http://www.new.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1389173&l=5a374&id=596481578

So that was you who messed with it, hence why he had to fix it before starting to sing? :thumbdown::naughty:

Oh...ahem....:sneaky2: of course not! :naughty:

You know, at one point while he was singing he put his foot on top of the speaker that was right in front of us, so I touched his shoe and filmed it. Don't ask me why I did it, it just came out :roftl:. Nice silver shoes :thumb_yello:, but a bit grubby, mind you.

Oh...ahem....:sneaky2: of course not! :naughty:

You know, at one point while he was singing he put his foot on top of the speaker that was right in front of us, so I touched his shoe and filmed it. Don't ask me why I did it, it just came out :roftl:. Nice silver shoes , but a bit grubby, mind you.

OMG you touched Mr Sparro's shoes? :naughty:

Next time you're about to call me a fangirl, bite your tongue :roftl::roftl:

I did that too at the Botanique tho, I filmed my hand on the speaker and my mobile I had put on the stage, just to prove how close we were and that I wasn't zooming on the video lol. I refrained from grabbing the singer's shoes tho :naughty:

OMG you touched Mr Sparro's shoes? :naughty:

Next time you're about to call me a fangirl, bite your tongue :roftl::roftl:

I did that too at the Botanique tho, I filmed my hand on the speaker and my mobile I had put on the stage, just to prove how close we were and that I wasn't zooming on the video lol. I refrained from grabbing the singer's shoes tho :naughty:

So we obviously think alike, just that you exert a bit more control when it comes to the shoes.

OR those shoes were not as appealing as Sparro's ones :das: