MFC's Orchestra

englishrose

It was HILARIOUS. We were pissing ourselves.

It would be reeeeally awkward if we didn't know him though...we know he's nuts, so this didn't come as THAT much of a shock, but still. :roftl:

The reaction from the people sitting in the audience (the ones with nothing to do at the time) was just priceless. Nobody knew he was going to do that, not even the music teacher...

Really? I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that:roftl:

For the musical this year (it was Back to the 80's) there were musical theatre students in it. One of them, Max had pants that were appearently close to the colour of his skin. So everyone was like "is Max wearing pants?" I was even told the teacher was like "is Max wearing pants...wait...he's wearing pants":roftl:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that:roftl:

For the musical this year (it was Back to the 80's) there were musical theatre students in it. One of them, Max had pants that were appearently close to the colour of his skin. So everyone was like "is Max wearing pants?" I was even told the teacher was like "is Max wearing pants...wait...he's wearing pants":roftl:

Hahaha...like Britney and her skin-coloured dress :bleh:

I really hope he does it. He might not, seeing as there will probably be both very old and very young people in the audience...but...there was nothing obscene :roftl:

Hahaha...like Britney and her skin-coloured dress :bleh:

I really hope he does it. He might not, seeing as there will probably be both very old and very young people in the audience...but...there was nothing obscene :roftl:

Haha:roftl:

He should do it, for sure...epic moments is what I call those haha

well i have played piano for about 8 years now.

i have played flute and piccolo for about 6 years

and now i am teaching myself guitar.

i am probably the best at flute. my third year playing and every year since then i have gone to state solo and ensemble competitions and recieved firsts every year. i was almost going to quit high school band for next year (my senior year) but my director offered me scholarship money to stay in it so i did.

so yeah i really enjoy playing music.

are you my secret twin sister?:boxed: i have also played piano for 8 years.and flute for 8 years and piccolo for 2 years.

i tried teaching myself acoustic guitar but that didn't really work:naughty:

i used to go to state solo and ensemble but, i get nervous really easily, so i didn't enjoy it much.

You know something weird? I was just thinking yesterday of starting a thread for this topic, but didn't get around to it and it turns out there already is one!

I don't qualify as a band geek I don't think, but... I played piano for seven years when I was a child, but quit at 15 to concentrate more on my high school studies... So wish I hadn't stopped playing cos it's hard to get back into it now, 20 years later. I did tenor horn for three years, then french horn for a year and then my school dropped it's music program:thumbdown: I've been singing most of my life, I don't have a great soloist voice, but it tends to blend nicely in choirs and I've been in and out of them also for years. And, I learned timbrel as a kid and played until I was about 20, and now I teach it to children myself.

I suck at playing instruments. I only sing (not that good:naughty:) and I write lyrics, I'm pretty good at that:roftl: Though I could never make music to go along with those lyrics:blink:

Haha, I'm the opposite. I can write melodies but never lyrics to go along with them. We should make a record. :mf_rosetinted:

I can write lyrics and the melody, but I can't orchestrate. I was just so amazed when I was listening to the Mika interview in HK where he said that he hears it all in his head when he's writing the song and when they were recording and then mixing and mastering all he thought was "Does it match? Does it match what I heard in my head?" The more I listen to his songs on my iriver (where the songs go straight into my ears and you don't lose lots of the extra elements through crappy speakers), the more layers I hear in the songs and the more extra bits I hear. And I find it amazing that he heard all that in his head.

You know something weird? I was just thinking yesterday of starting a thread for this topic, but didn't get around to it and it turns out there already is one!

I don't qualify as a band geek I don't think, but... I played piano for seven years when I was a child, but quit at 15 to concentrate more on my high school studies... So wish I hadn't stopped playing cos it's hard to get back into it now, 20 years later. I did tenor horn for three years, then french horn for a year and then my school dropped it's music program:thumbdown: I've been singing most of my life, I don't have a great soloist voice, but it tends to blend nicely in choirs and I've been in and out of them also for years. And, I learned timbrel as a kid and played until I was about 20, and now I teach it to children myself.

I can write lyrics and the melody, but I can't orchestrate. I was just so amazed when I was listening to the Mika interview in HK where he said that he hears it all in his head when he's writing the song and when they were recording and then mixing and mastering all he thought was "Does it match? Does it match what I heard in my head?" The more I listen to his songs on my iriver (where the songs go straight into my ears and you don't lose lots of the extra elements through crappy speakers), the more layers I hear in the songs and the more extra bits I hear. And I find it amazing that he heard all that in his head.

Hey CD :bye:

A lot of the time, I hear melodies and other parts in my head, but the problem is I can't get them out. I have difficulty making what I'm playing on the piano match what's in my head...it's frustrating, but at least I'm getting a BIT better.

And...what's a timbrel? :blush-anim-cl:

Hey CD :bye:

A lot of the time, I hear melodies and other parts in my head, but the problem is I can't get them out. I have difficulty making what I'm playing on the piano match what's in my head...it's frustrating, but at least I'm getting a BIT better.

And...what's a timbrel? :blush-anim-cl:

A timbrel is a percussion instrument. Basically a tambourine with a skin. If you've ever seen any of the Salvation Army girls playing, that's what I'm talking about. And that's the kind of playing I'm talking about.

A timbrel is a percussion instrument. Basically a tambourine with a skin. If you've ever seen any of the Salvation Army girls playing, that's what I'm talking about. And that's the kind of playing I'm talking about.

Ooooh, gotcha. My grandma has one of those...it was the cause of many hours of getting on adults' nerves when I was little...:roftl:

Ooooh, gotcha. My grandma has one of those...it was the cause of many hours of getting on adults' nerves when I was little...:roftl:

Yep they can definitely do that! Crash, bang, shake. I try to teach my girls to play something that might be noisy but is not just crashing and banging. It's all about rhythms... and beating. 6's and 4's. If we ever meet, I'll show you. Or if you ever run into my sister on Vancouver Island, you can ask her. she knows how to play!

"Hi, my name's Danielle. I talk to your sister on the internet. Can you show me how to play the timbrel?" :naughty:

ok, so it might not work... You need to get some more of the Aussies over here. kelz plays guitar, SD plays keyboard as does JJL (who are both not on MFC at present but we'll keep them in mind for later), OD is trying to teach herself keyboard, Aurora plays piano, ummm, Teegs plays drums, can't think who else. Armande used to play something stringish, but she's not around anymore either...

ahh we must be long lost sisters!!

and i totally get where you are coming from about state solo and ensemble - TOTALLY nerve racking. Every year when it gets to that time i'm like "GOD I HATE BAND!" and what's worse is that since i'm in the top band we are pretty much expected to enter solos in group one or we are like "banished" or something. ugggghh. who invented solo and ensemble anyway?!?!?

and i totally get where you are coming from about state solo and ensemble - TOTALLY nerve racking. Every year when it gets to that time i'm like "GOD I HATE BAND!" and what's worse is that since i'm in the top band we are pretty much expected to enter solos in group one or we are like "banished" or something. ugggghh. who invented solo and ensemble anyway?!?!?

i know me too, sucks being the best:naughty: well anyway, this is the first year ever for me since solo and ensemble that i didn't do a solo:shocked: but b/c we're required to do something, i did this dumb trio w/ a really bad player who didn't care so we ended up getting a excellent at district:boxed:. i tried to act as if i didn't care but it was my first year every in so many years that i didn't get a single superior rating! and it was even worse at our end of the year band banquet, they call up everyone who got a supieror. i felt sooo lonely:thumbdown::bleh:(if my previous flute teacher found out i didn't do a solo, she probably woulda cried, no joke, when i told her last year i wanted to quit the solo i was working on she started to tear up right in front of me:boxed:, really awkward!)

i know me too, sucks being the best:naughty: well anyway, this is the first year ever for me since solo and ensemble that i didn't do a solo:shocked: but b/c we're required to do something, i did this dumb trio w/ a really bad player who didn't care so we ended up getting a excellent at district:boxed:. i tried to act as if i didn't care but it was my first year every in so many years that i didn't get a single superior rating! and it was even worse at our end of the year band banquet, they call up everyone who got a supieror. i felt sooo lonely:thumbdown::bleh:(if my previous flute teacher found out i didn't do a solo, she probably woulda cried, no joke, when i told her last year i wanted to quit the solo i was working on she started to tear up right in front of me:boxed:, really awkward!)

haha i remember that the judge was all over her, she just stormed out of the room, but you held your cool and im proud of you:thumb_yello:

OMG!! it totally is i did a solo this year with a piano accompanist and i dont really like that, but anyways i picked a grade 5(dumb idea) so i got into the audition room and right before i was about to start my band director walks in and asks if he can sit in and listen i was like:shocked: ummm... i dont care lol so i did my solo, while my legs were like jello, you could see them shaking literally, but with all that going on i got a superior went to state and also got a superior. i never thought i could do it

haha i remember that the judge was all over her, she just stormed out of the room, but you held your cool and im proud of you:thumb_yello:

awww thanx!:wink2: but i still feel it was kinda my fault cuz i shoulda been harder on her to practice and get it right:thumbdown:

Its me... SAMMY RAE!

I do not read sheet music, but have always been talented when learning peces by ear. I noticed that I had this gift when I began taking paino lessons at age 6. I noticed that before I went home and learned a peice out of the sheet music book, my teacher would play it for me as an example. I remember going home and knowing how to play it after hearing my teacher play it once, but could never read the music! I just had the ability to remeber what he played and play it back a week later.

I put together my own peices, do covers, and take songs that have no piano and make them all piano. I have my own style, mixing different vocals techniques. For example, I am a HUGE fan of The Beatles, and am really inspired by my favorite musician ever,MIKA. I perform with my musical theater group, so my style of voice and interests are a mix of everything.

I would love to hear your feedback and requests!

Some big dreams of mine to see MIKA live in concert and meet him in person and perform with some of my big role model artists from all over.

Just thoughht you would like to see some of my covers! Heres the beatles ones:

Elanor Rigby- http://youtube.com/watch?v=3ZTUm1oOCpw

Let It Be- http://youtube.com/watch?v=sLkS2R5x_ro

BlackBird- http://youtube.com/watch?v=cOuQ2HvbuGw

Golden Slumbers- http://youtube.com/watch?v=kntbEs2GcOE

..here are my Mika covers...

Lollipop- http://youtube.com/watch?v=Otg6457u4uc

Grace Kelly- http://youtube.com/watch?v=5KTISB9Sy7Y

Billy Brown- http://youtube.com/watch?v=A-wZes5HYBQ

..and here are my other, off topic covers ;D...

Love SOng- http://youtube.com/watch?v=vUEPFsiXmfs

Put Your Records On- http://youtube.com/watch?v=-ZQpMUSg6JQ

*Halelujah (Really like this one!)- http://youtube.com/watch?v=0MWt14EqMxg

heres my channel for thr rest of my crazy stuff! (I have recently started making videos starring my pet frog, OLAF!!!!! Its really fun, and kind of silly)

http://youtube.com/user/willsing4fun

thanks guys! Please watch and subscirbe! Comment, spread the word!

Thanks so much! Let me know which ones you like best, and if u have nay requests! THANKS AGAIN!

peace,love,MUSIC!!!!

-sAmMy rAe ;D

Sammy, I love what you're doing :wink2: You're very talented and you have a pretty voice...the "Hallelujah" one was my favourite, cause it's one of my favourite songs :wub2: And, I love your hair.

The music concert was GREAT! Everything went soo well, and I didn't screw up in my solo :biggrin2: And yes, the MC came out with his pants off. We had just got our yearbooks that day, too, so backstage was a yearbook-signing fest. I'm gonna miss so many of those people...a lot of them are international students, so they're leaving at the end of June...:tears:

Oh yes, and I just discovered that I do, in fact, have a microphone built in to the computer, so I can record myself.

Sammy, I love what you're doing :wink2: You're very talented and you have a pretty voice...the "Hallelujah" one was my favourite, cause it's one of my favourite songs :wub2: And, I love your hair.

The music concert was GREAT! Everything went soo well, and I didn't screw up in my solo :biggrin2: And yes, the MC came out with his pants off. We had just got our yearbooks that day, too, so backstage was a yearbook-signing fest. I'm gonna miss so many of those people...a lot of them are international students, so they're leaving at the end of June...:tears:

Oh yes, and I just discovered that I do, in fact, have a microphone built in to the computer, so I can record myself.

Yay! Glad it went well for you. And now there are no excuses. You can come over and join the LICM fan CD thread!!!