MFC's Orchestra

englishrose

In the time I've been on MFC, I've come across several musicians. Me being one as well, I thought, hey, why not make us a thread?

So come out, all you band geeks! Whether you're a prodigy or a table-thwacker, this is a place where you can show off your stuff! Tell us what instrument you play, post recordings if you have any...and if you need any musical help, this will be the place to come. The result: the craziest orchestra the world has ever known :roftl:

I'll start: I've been playing piano for about 8 years, and singing for 3. I've got a big vocal solo in the school music show coming up :boxed: I'm scared but excited...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, yeah, it's so weird hearing recordings of me singing. I haven't got any, they're all on my music teacher's computer...I'll have to ask him for some :cheerful_h4h:

Isn't it the strangest? I hate hearing/seeing myself sing or talk:thumbdown:

In the time I've been on MFC, I've come across several musicians. Me being one as well, I thought, hey, why not make us a thread?

So come out, all you band geeks! Whether you're a prodigy or a table-thwacker, this is a place where you can show off your stuff! Tell us what instrument you play, post recordings if you have any...and if you need any musical help, this will be the place to come. The result: the craziest orchestra the world has ever known :roftl:

I'll start: I've been playing piano for about 8 years, and singing for 3. I've got a big vocal solo in the school music show coming up :boxed: I'm scared but excited...

my sister is the "sour Kangerroo" the Suesical the Music. lol

well i play(ed) piano for like 6 years, i played clarienet for 3, and i took up tenor this year.

Isn't it the strangest? I hate hearing/seeing myself sing or talk:thumbdown:

OMG! ME 2! i think (even when talking) i have the most terrible voice! and do u ever just talk into a mirror and watch your lips, and then ur face, and then it looks wierd to u? well i do that :bleh:

OMG! ME 2! i think (even when talking) i have the most terrible voice! and do u ever just talk into a mirror and watch your lips, and then ur face, and then it looks wierd to u? well i do that :bleh:

Yeah, my mouth goes sideways sometimes hahahaha :lmfao:

I suck at playing instruments. I only sing (not that good:naughty:) and I write lyrics, I'm pretty good at that:roftl: Though I could never make music to go along with those lyrics:blink:

wow, very talented! :wink2:

oooh good luck!

i cannot sing and play the piano at the same time..it is so confusing.:naughty:

I'VE A NEW PIECE!

any one want to hear?

its secret!!

ME! ME! ME!!! I want to hear it!

I only wish I played an instrument. I can make most instruments produce truly awful sounds I've never heard before, but I'd rather be able to make music. I'll have to settle for singing. :punk:

i've been palying piano since i was 7 years old and i absolutely love it but i havent any recordings

I'VE A NEW PIECE!

any one want to hear?

its secret!!

Yes pleeeaaasse!:wub2:

I think this is a greta idea!:thumb_yello:

Not that I play an instrument, but I love music and I have had the honour to listen to MFC members own recordings several times and I have to say there are some really talented members on this forum!:wub2:

And the idea to have links etc in one place is a great idea!

You bet I'll be back!:naughty:

Home

haha

I am a band geek. and i do colorguard during marching season. I have a LT routine and will tape it when i get my flags back this summer=]!

I play clarinet in concert and have a concert tomorrow. And i play a bit of guitar. woot. go band.:thumb_yello::roftl:

I used to play violin for three years. I thought I sucked but I was actually in the first chair group which is the better group so eh.. :naughty: Maybe I wasn't that bad, even though I never learned to read music so whenever we would learn a new piece, I would pretend to play while everyone else was reading the sheet music perfectly :lmfao: I would just learn it by ear as the classes went by, and then I got it down :naughty:

I can play some piano, guitar, and I really really want to be a drummer.

And I sing but I don't know if I'm any good.. I'm taking choir next year to improve my vocals :das:

I'VE A NEW PIECE!

any one want to hear?

its secret!!

I'm listening right now! Love it! :punk:

I suck at playing instruments. I only sing (not that good) and I write lyrics, I'm pretty good at that.Though I could never make music to go along with those lyrics

Haha, I'm the opposite. I can write melodies but never lyrics to go along with them. We should make a record. :mf_rosetinted:

well...i've been playing the violin ever since i was 4 years old.

i learnt the piano when i was 7, but stopped learning last year..

and now, i've taken up guitar because my dad's a guitarist! :thumb_yello:

I thought I'd find you here :naughty:

ME! ME! ME!!! I want to hear it!

I only wish I played an instrument. I can make most instruments produce truly awful sounds I've never heard before, but I'd rather be able to make music. I'll have to settle for singing. :punk:

Actually, that classifies as music to some people...the jazz combo at my school (plus me, even though I'm not in it, cause I'm cool) went on a trip last year to the jazz fest in Vanvouver...my music teacher took us one evening to see some Norwegian jazz, that was apparently very 'new wave'. Well, it ended up being in East Hastings--i.e, the really dodgy, ghetto, druggie part of town. It was terrifying, we drove past a street fight. We think someone may have been shot but we didn't stay to find out. Anyways, this Norwegian jazz stuff turned out to be the most awful thing you've ever seen. It was basically all these musicians who called 'destroying your instrument in the loudest and most obnoxious way ever' music. We left after 5 minutes...:roftl:

Wow, that was long.

Yes pleeeaaasse!

I think this is a greta idea!

Not that I play an instrument, but I love music and I have had the honour to listen to MFC members own recordings several times and I have to say there are some really talented members on this forum!

And the idea to have links etc in one place is a great idea!

You bet I'll be back!

Thanks! I'm actually amazed this thread hasn't died yet, all of mine have a tendency to...

Home

haha

I am a band geek. and i do colorguard during marching season. I have a LT routine and will tape it when i get my flags back this summer=]!

I play clarinet in concert and have a concert tomorrow. And i play a bit of guitar. woot. go band.

My band geek shirt from grade 8:

DSC03518.jpg

Woot!