• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fantastic job!!

And i hope you got my pic?

I had to take it using mika's t shirt, looks horrible!!:naughty:

i got your pic sara:thumb_yello:

i'm glad you like the pic for the second page of the book!

of course i'll include in the book the pics of mika's tshirt and the bag

Louiza, your ideas for the album are great. When do I need to get my picture to you? I hit a snag with my DIY t-shirt and have to get another one tomorrow to try again...Could you PM me your e-mail address so I can send it to you as soon as it is ready ( as long as it is still within the deadline, OC)

Thanks!

please try to send me your pic tomorrow as it is the last day of the deadline. i'm pm-ing you my e-mail adress.

thanks for liking my ideas:blush-anim-cl:

Love the t shirt and the bag!!!!:thumb_yello:

Nice pic too Sari...you don't look horrible at all:shocked:

Louiza, glad you got my pic!:thumb_yello:

OK folks..I am leaving for Paris very early tomorrow...and i have just packed my RAH t shirt!:thumb_yello:

Have a great trip!!!!

it's not too late! send me the pic of your friend!

I am having a lot of bother getting my t-shirt on (frozen shoulder)

but my friend is coming in tonight/tomorrow - so she will help me,

and as soon as I have it I will PM it to you!! (or would you prefer

email?)

please try to send me your pic tomorrow as it is the last day of the deadline. i'm pm-ing you my e-mail adress.

thanks for liking my ideas:blush-anim-cl:

Got your PM thank you. I'll get it to you tomorrow evening at the latest!!

Although it could al go pearshaped as the camera wasn't working when I switched it on yesterday to check the battery....might need to use the trusty mobile!!

OOOOOH Sara, I love the pics! The T shirt is definitely better than the bag. I tried to make the design as big as possible, but that was it, otherwise the "why not" got cut off. Still the T shirt is the main thing, and it looks great, thanks for the close ups. I can't wait till mine gets here.

By the way:

Zazzle has now kindly informed me that I was infringing Mika's right to celebrity/publicity and removed the designs. I have argued with them, but I doubt they will budge. I aksed them

a) if we list it privately is it OK?

b) if we take out MIKA @ is it OK?

c) if we are going to seek Mika's permission (which they said they would need to run the design)....OK I know we may never get it, but I was just asking... what would we need to do to satisfy their rules? Get a letter from MIKA? Signed by him? A letter from his record company. (For goodness sake, how would they ever be able to verify that something was really from a celebrity anyway???)

I also tried to argue with them about the definition of "celebrity". Does it mean you have appeared in a couple of magazines? Is it ALL musicians, regardless of their level of fame? Is it because you have a CD released by a famous label? What about the fact someone may be a celeb in one country but never heard of in another? What if I am a celebrity here in Japan, and someone puts my name on a T shirt? (what? you didn't know I am a celebrity??:naughty:) If I have the right to celebrity in my own name, then likewise so does every other MIKA on the planet.

How do they know we were talking about our MIKA and not some other person called MIKA?

Sorry this is an endless circuitous argument. I know. They removed the designs. We may not need them again, but I would just like to WIN THIS BATTLE.:boxed:

OOOOOH Sara, I love the pics! The T shirt is definitely better than the bag. I tried to make the design as big as possible, but that was it, otherwise the "why not" got cut off. Still the T shirt is the main thing, and it looks great, thanks for the close ups. I can't wait till mine gets here.

By the way:

Zazzle has now kindly informed me that I was infringing Mika's right to celebrity/publicity and removed the designs. I have argued with them, but I doubt they will budge. I aksed them

c) if we are going to seek Mika's permission (which they said they would need to run the design)....OK I know we may never get it, but I was just asking... what would we need to do to satisfy their rules? Get a letter from MIKA? Signed by him? A letter from his record company. (For goodness sake, how would they ever be able to verify that something was really from a celebrity anyway???)

I also tried to argue with them about the definition of "celebrity". Does it mean you have appeared in a couple of magazines? Is it ALL musicians, regardless of their level of fame? Is it because you have a CD released by a famous label? What about the fact someone may be a celeb in one country but never heard of in another? What if I am a celebrity here in Japan, and someone puts my name on a T shirt? (what? you didn't know I am a celebrity??:naughty:) If I have the right to celebrity in my own name, then likewise so does every other MIKA on the planet.

How do they know we were talking about our MIKA and not some other person called MIKA?

Sorry this is an endless circuitous argument. I know. They removed the designs. We may not need them again, but I would just like to WIN THIS BATTLE.:boxed:

If you don't, no-one can say you didn't try.

Did they explain why Sara managed to get another T-shirt ordered after they cancelled mine....?

it's not too late! send me the pic of your friend!

great! i took a pic today, she even got dressed in green pants for that ocassion :naughty: i have to charge the battery now so i'll send it in an hour or so. thanks for making the book! :wub2:

By the way:

what is the most ridiculous part in this situation is that they already made some tshirts before they decided it's violating Mika's rights, didn't they?

well, i blame violet_sky for making the design look too good :naughty:

great! i took a pic today, she even got dressed in green pants for that ocassion :naughty: i have to charge the battery now so i'll send it in an hour or so. thanks for making the book! :wub2:

what is the most ridiculous part in this situation is that they already made some tshirts before they decided it's violating Mika's rights, didn't they?

And after cancelling my order beacuse it violated rights, they honoured an order placed by Sara....there's nothing like consistency, and this is nothing like consistency!!

Meh, I'm sorry :no:

:roftl:

And after cancelling my order beacuse it violated rights, they honoured an order placed by Sara....there's nothing like consistency, and this is nothing like consistency!!

really? Sara gets special treatment from them :naughty: good thing you managed to get the tshirt anyway :thumb_yello:

Meh, I'm sorry :no:

:roftl:

lol, you're forgiven. :roftl: not forgotten :mf_rosetinted:

By the way:

Sorry this is an endless circuitous argument. I know. They removed the designs. We may not need them again, but I would just like to WIN THIS BATTLE.

And even with the closeups, it looks better in reality...the detail in the curls is amazing.

I can soo see the lawyer in you:roftl:- And you thought you had left that behind....nah!!

(I also want to win the battle) These people need to do things properly, so it's either a substantiated no, and they then behave consistently, but this half yes half no is a shambles.

Did they explain why Sara managed to get another T-shirt ordered after they cancelled mine....?

Cos I'm speshol?:naughty:

I agree- bunch of losers! Ha! They should really fire the person who sent my order through, hehe...

( I still haven't gotten it yet btw, but it's on its way)

And "after"!! Even more ridiculous!

Tossers:thumbdown:

Yeah, I blame Violet S as well. It's all her fault.:bleh:

really? Sara gets special treatment from them :naughty: good thing you managed to get the tshirt anyway :thumb_yello:

lol, you're forgiven. :roftl: not forgotten :mf_rosetinted:

I made my own in the end....I'm not precious about violating Mika's privacy :naughty:

Louiza - I have just sent my rather unflattering picture to you....feel free to leave it out if there is no room for it:blink:

I am having a lot of bother getting my t-shirt on (frozen shoulder)

but my friend is coming in tonight/tomorrow - so she will help me,

and as soon as I have it I will PM it to you!! (or would you prefer

email?)

i don't mind. pm or e-mail whatever is more convinient to you:wink2:

I made my own in the end....I'm not precious about violating Mika's privacy :naughty:

Louiza - I have just sent my rather unflattering picture to you....feel free to leave it out if there is no room for it:blink:

i got your pic:thumb_yello:

don't worry there's room for all the pics:wink2:

Also i got pics from bettasan and agnieszka's friend

But Agnieszka please pm me your friend's name

i got your pic:thumb_yello:

don't worry there's room for all the pics:wink2:

Also i got pics from bettasan and agnieszka's friend

But Agnieszka please pm me your friend's name

Have you received my PM with my picure attached?

Well Japan is obviously on the slow end of the post, I don't have my shirt yet.

I came up with an idea. Maybe someone can photoshop my head onto Sara's picture in Mika's shirt??:roftl::roftl:

Or maybe someone can photoshop the T shirt onto my Japan photo?:naughty:

Damn it, I probably have to just hold the piece of paper....

PS Don't forget to make your payments!!

I realise that this is not a high priority right now, but Zazzle has answered my concerns.

MIKA is a trademarked in the US Patent and Trademarked Office under the serial number: 77365826

They say in response to my questions

"if you were to remove the text MIKA on the design of the shirt you would be able to have this product in the Zazzle Marketplace. Also, if you were granted permission by MIKA and/or his management group to commercially sell shirts on Zazzle.com we would be more then happy to have your products at Zazzle. If you do receive permission from MIKA and/or his management group, please have them send an email to content_review@zazzle.com so that we may have it on record."

Just FYI.

Thanks Iona - seems a bit anal to me - anyone can go into a shop

that does t-shirt printing and can probably get it done without any

hassle, and you can get DIY kits!! Its our "sue everyone" culture!! :thumbdown:

Louisa - I PM'd my picture earlier - hope you don't have nightmares!! :naughty:

lilmot i got your pic:thumb_yello:

Thank you, Louiza. I love your ideas for the book. :thumb_yello:

I came up with an idea. Maybe someone can photoshop my head onto Sara's picture in Mika's shirt??:roftl::roftl:

Yes, we need Blue Sky in the book! Someone must be able to do some photoshopping (sorry, not me). Anyone????

PS Don't forget to make your payments!!

why don't you print the logo on special paper and transfer it by ironing?

on an old tshirt you have at home....just for the pic!:thumb_yello:

I've just realised how late it is and look at me, still shirtless!!! I've been away from this thread a while (I'm sorry girls, I'm a mess:blush-anim-cl:), and have no idea what to do, who to send the pic to, etc. Anybody can give me some advice? Thanks a lot, lovely people! And again I'm sorry...