Yearbook: TIMELINE team headquarters!

What are you talking about? You climbed into my brain, stole my thoughts and you then dare claim it was your idea ?? :sneaky2: I'm shocked!

Thanks for posting! It looks like there are images from Wire services, am I wrong ?:blink:

Were there pix from fans in the timeline ?

Probably not. Not that I know of though...:blink:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't seen your post before :blink::doh:

I don't think we'll be able to, unless Mika does *nothing* for the

rest of the year :naughty:

IIRC last year, we sort of blended things together --

for example we can say something like:

January 28 through February 15, 2008: toured North America, starting in Quebec, ending in Vancouver

We might have some from outside the awards shows, but the

only ones of Mika holding the awards will probably be from news agencies.

We'll need to double-check with Melanie on how we handle that.

We aren't going to be able to use a photo from every event, in any case

-- the timeline would take up far too many pages then

Well there's going to be a dvd (and a cd) of the Parc des Princes Show,so there's already one thing! :naughty:

IIRC ? :blush-anim-cl:

Did you have such problems last year with award ceremonies? :blink:

Yeah I understand, it'd be way too long :bleh:

Probably not. Not that I know of though...:blink:

IMO, we should use more photos from fans, it'd be a bit more "personal"

even if we can't always do that

Anyway, have you seen the poster for the parc des princes ?

P7030018.jpg

I was thinking that we could write the months (or anything else) with a similar font as "Mika", it's so beautiful !:wub2:

And to contrast from the other timeline, it could be something a bit more colourful, like the poster with the same kind of colours!

Bumpety Bump! (quoting FD :naughty:)

Soo.. I got an idea! It sucks, but it can give you guys ideas!:bleh:

Well, there'd be some kind of banners where the dates and stuff'd be written and they'd be carried by clowns, or trapezists or people working in circus etc.

But who would be able to do that? :fisch:

P7030018.jpg

I was thinking that we could write the months (or anything else) with a similar font as "Mika", it's so beautiful !:wub2:

And to contrast from the other timeline, it could be something a bit more colourful, like the poster with the same kind of colours!

Great idea:thumb_yello:

Bumpety Bump! (quoting FD :naughty:)

Soo.. I got an idea! It sucks, but it can give you guys ideas!:bleh:

Well, there'd be some kind of banners where the dates and stuff'd be written and they'd be carried by clowns, or trapezists or people working in circus etc.

But who would be able to do that? :fisch:

Thats an amazing idea! But very hard to work out indeed, as there are so many dates..

P7030018.jpg

i love your idea! we should definitely do the timeline colourful this time so that it's not the same each year. sivan's work for the last yearbook was brilliant and it's gonna be really hard to top what she did but we're gonna try our best:thumb_yello:

i love your idea! we should definitely do the timeline colourful this time so that it's not the same each year. sivan's work for the last yearbook was brilliant and it's gonna be really hard to top what she did but we're gonna try our best:thumb_yello:

Finally you replied:bleh:

i love your idea! we should definitely do the timeline colourful this time so that it's not the same each year. sivan's work for the last yearbook was brilliant and it's gonna be really hard to top what she did but we're gonna try our best::

I'm glad you like my idea!

On another subject,do you know how to deal with photoshop or softwares like that? Because none of us know how to do amazing stuff like Sivan's...:blush-anim-cl:

Anyway, I got some kind of inspiration momentum yesterday night_nothing fantastic but loads of little ideas! (Most of them are a bit irrealistic, just so you know :bleh:)

So, as it's a timeline we need to do, I was thinking that we could make some kind of line linking the dates altogether as a snake since they're quite recurrent in DaWack's designs.

We could take a (black or white) background with mime eyes like mime marceau's (http://www.francebourse.com/images/analyses/jdh/AFP%20Mime%20Marceau.jpg) who is admired by Mika (he said it a couple of times in french interviews, it seems quite a big deal to him)

I know it's far away from the colourful idea BUT it could make a contrast if we use colourful things for the timeline, the writtings and all th lilttle drawings. IMO, it'd be even better, as it's even more characteristic of Mika's "thinking",of what he wants to show, to do for the album.

(I had the same idea but with a skull as well ,the skull being quite recurrent in DaWack's drawings too)

Another idea, which I got from looking at the poster : You can see in the center this "red-orange circle" which personally make me think of some kind of sun,center of the solar systerm, and it's in the center, the center of his own world, universe,which is all around.It's kind of interesting,don't you think? Or is it really just me raving on my abstract ideas :naughty:

So maybe we could work on that idea, and use it for the background or something else, I don't know :bleh:

For the background (as well) we could play on the word "time" of timeline with a clock (it's round so it's similar to the weird round idea :naughty:) or even something with pyramids, which were a symbol of eternity (I am going way too random there)

The Yearbook theme is "How much do we love you" partly because it's a bit of the second album that we know_shall we do something about Rain then?

I hope I'll come up with some more interesting ideas (to let you think I'm not that crazy :naughty:)

I'm going to do a few searches on the circus, the mime marceau, and look a bit at the "Amelia" magazines for inspiration :bleh:

first of all i'm not as great as sivan is with photoshop but i'll definitely give it a try.

about the actual design for the timeline now, i'm trying to get inspiration from things that have to do with circus and mimes like m.marceau, even from comics. you know at the comic books when a character is thinking about something and you see what he's thinking in a little clowd above his head? i was thinking that maybe we could have this sort of clowds in our design, one for each month, containing the gigs and maybe some pics and we could connect them to some circus artists like clowns or to ordinary people(representing us the mfc-ers). this could show that everyone's been the thinking about all the lovely things that happened in 2008. what do you think about that?

I'm glad you like my idea!

On another subject,do you know how to deal with photoshop or softwares like that? Because none of us know how to do amazing stuff like Sivan's...:blush-anim-cl:

Anyway, I got some kind of inspiration momentum yesterday night_nothing fantastic but loads of little ideas! (Most of them are a bit irrealistic, just so you know )

So, as it's a timeline we need to do, I was thinking that we could make some kind of line linking the dates altogether as a snake since they're quite recurrent in DaWack's designs.

We could take a (black or white) background with mime eyes like mime marceau's (http://www.francebourse.com/images/analyses/jdh/AFP%20Mime%20Marceau.jpg) who is admired by Mika (he said it a couple of times in french interviews, it seems quite a big deal to him)

I know it's far away from the colourful idea BUT it could make a contrast if we use colourful things for the timeline, the writtings and all th lilttle drawings. IMO, it'd be even better, as it's even more characteristic of Mika's "thinking",of what he wants to show, to do for the album.

(I had the same idea but with a skull as well ,the skull being quite recurrent in DaWack's drawings too)

Another idea, which I got from looking at the poster : You can see in the center this "red-orange circle" which personally make me think of some kind of sun,center of the solar systerm, and it's in the center, the center of his own world, universe,which is all around.It's kind of interesting,don't you think? Or is it really just me raving on my abstract ideas :naughty:

So maybe we could work on that idea, and use it for the background or something else, I don't know :bleh:

For the background (as well) we could play on the word "time" of timeline with a clock (it's round so it's similar to the weird round idea :naughty:) or even something with pyramids, which were a symbol of eternity (I am going way too random there)

The Yearbook theme is "How much do we love you" partly because it's a bit of the second album that we know_shall we do something about Rain then?

I hope I'll come up with some more interesting ideas (to let you think I'm not that crazy :naughty:)

I'm going to do a few searches on the circus, the mime marceau, and look a bit at the "Amelia" magazines for inspiration :bleh:

Its amazing.

Shall we post our inspiration pictures here?

first of all i'm not as great as sivan is with photoshop but i'll definitely give it a try.

about the actual design for the timeline now, i'm trying to get inspiration from things that have to do with circus and mimes like m.marceau, even from comics. you know at the comic books when a character is thinking about something and you see what he's thinking in a little clowd above his head? i was thinking that maybe we could have this sort of clowds in our design, one for each month, containing the gigs and maybe some pics and we could connect them to some circus artists like clowns or to ordinary people(representing us the mfc-ers). this could show that everyone's been the thinking about all the lovely things that happened in 2008. what do you think about that?

Lol. Perhaps I'm having a thick moment, but I dont understand what you mean with the connecting stuff:blush-anim-cl:

Lol. Perhaps I'm having a thick moment, but I dont understand what you mean with the connecting stuff:blush-anim-cl:

the clowds are connected to the people with little dots and what's designed on the clowd represents the person's thoughts

we dont have anyone to do it yet?

Nope:naughty:

Perhaps Deb can do it..

the clowds are connected to the people with little dots and what's designed on the clowd represents the person's thoughts

Ooooh. I felt so stupid:blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Haha. Isnt she that good with photoshop either?:naughty:

Its a hard thing to describe though:naughty:

dcdeb? last year she asked me to help with it... :D

its ok tho! loving doing stuff for mika..... and to see him smile ;)

im off to bed.... so when u guys decide... pm me or something... incase im not here k? ;)

Great! :thumb_yello:

I'm really sorry but I didn't understand what you mean.:blush-anim-cl: Can you post a little sketch please? It doesn't have to be amazing,even squares with what they represent in it :naughty: but just so we can understand your idea :original:

Its amazing.

Shall we post our inspiration pictures here?

Lol. Perhaps I'm having a thick moment, but I dont understand what you mean with the connecting stuff::

If you want to but it'd be great so it could give other people ideas as well :bleh:

You're not the only one!:blush-anim-cl:

dcdeb? last year she asked me to help with it...

its ok tho! loving doing stuff for mika..... and to see him smile

im off to bed.... so when u guys decide... pm me or something... incase im not here k?

Hey Sivan! Thanks a lot for your proposition,it'd be great if you could help us!

EDIT: I have a great picture that could symbolize the festival gigs (Arras,Arcachon etc..) as we can see the rain in it...but it's Virgin Radio's one....

IMG_2939_614x.jpg

Great!

I'm really sorry but I didn't understand what you mean.:blush-anim-cl: Can you post a little sketch please? It doesn't have to be amazing,even squares with what they represent in it :naughty: but just so we can understand your idea :original:

If you want to but it'd be great so it could give other people ideas as well :bleh:

You're not the only one!:blush-anim-cl:

Hey Sivan! Thanks a lot for your proposition,it'd be great if you could help us!

EDIT: I have a great picture that could symbolize the festival gigs (Arras,Arcachon etc..) as we can see the rain in it...but it's Virgin Radio's one....

IMG_2939_614x.jpg

cool pic :mf_rosetinted:

Great! :thumb_yello:

i'd post a sketch right now but i have to wait until next week when i'm gonna get my new scanner

Thanks for posting! It looks like there are images from Wire services, am I wrong ?:blink:

Were there pix from fans in the timeline ?

There were wire service pics last year -- but I think the editors want

to get away from that if we can this year, because of the copyright

issues. As someone else said, too, it will be nice to use more fan pics.

We'll have to see what we can come up with (and get away with) for

the awards shows, etc.

I love some of the other ideas you've been tossing around -- I agree

that the idea of a snake, or snakelike Chinese dragon seems to be

a theme in the new artwork we're seeing by DaWack...

I like the idea of trying to use the circular wheel thing, too.

Trapezes are interesting... one trapeze artist could be linking an

event to the next one as they swing toward each other...

All good ideas!

Nope:naughty:

Perhaps Deb can do it..

:lmao:

That's funny! LOL!

LOL im pretty sure she will prefer me doing it :roftl:

Um yeah... Sivan knows I have many talents but graphic arts/computer

graphics are not among them!

If Sivan can help us once we decide on a few themes I'm all for it! I

love some of things I've seen her come up with. :wub2:

Louiza, not to leave you out -- if you're into that as well, we could

use the help I'm sure! :thumb_yello: