Yearbook: Want to give Mika YOUR autograph?!

I didn't want to say "I love you" 'cause....:naughty: so I used that line from HE so it still conveys the msg :naughty:

myautograph4mikaej0.jpg

w320.png

Ah nice!

I know, it is a little odd haing to write "I love you"

It's not something to say so lightly...but it's Mika, he'll know what we mean I'm sure:naughty:

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah nice!

I know, it is a little odd haing to write "I love you"

It's not something to say so lightly...but it's Mika, he'll know what we mean I'm sure:naughty:

Thanks!

Yeah I know but...it's me...I just don't tell ppl that unless I really mean it :roftl: I dunno why I'm like that :naughty:

Thanks!

Yeah I know but...it's me...I just don't tell ppl that unless I really mean it :roftl: I dunno why I'm like that :naughty:

me too, I say it a lot to family, but it has to really mean it.

I am a little overly affectionate with pet names though(which embarrasses a lot of people, but I do really mean it in a nice way!) :naughty:

haha yeah a few people have said they didn't want to say "I love you!"

Which makes sense since you don't know him...but maybe American culture is different in a way...

I was walking down the street one day and a guy told a lady that her ipod was hanging from out of bag, she let out a huge gasp and sigh of relief and said, " Oh My God! I loooove you!!!!"

I hear it everyday, all day... I guess it is used loosley, especially by me:naughty:

I use it if I like a celebrity too... I never finish a sentence about natalie portman for example without saying, "I love her!"

I'm weird:naughty::blush-anim-cl:

I'm sorry, I haven't read this thread (except for the first post and the one before this one :wink2:), I haven't signed up for anything so far but I'd like to ask: for the autograph thing, would it be possible to say 'I LOVE YOU' in English and then write the other sentence in my language?

I mean I do love Mika to bits, in terms of loving someone in the given circumstances :roftl:, and I have no problem saying 'I LOVE YOU' on my signature. But 'I LOVE YOU' in my mothertongue is something different and in my life it is for somebody other than Mika. :wink2:

Sorry if it was answered before :blush-anim-cl:

I'm sorry, I haven't read this thread (except for the first post and the one before this one :wink2:), I haven't signed up for anything so far but I'd like to ask: for the autograph thing, would it be possible to say 'I LOVE YOU' in English and then write the other sentence in my language?

I mean I do love Mika to bits, in terms of loving someone in the given circumstances :roftl:, and I have no problem saying 'I LOVE YOU' on my signature. But 'I LOVE YOU' in my mothertongue is something different and in my life it is for somebody other than Mika. :wink2:

Sorry if it was answered before :blush-anim-cl:

Aaah ,just say: "Mika, ich :das: dich"

Or dir...or whatever way you make it in that mad language of yours :roftl:

Which makes sense since you don't know him...but maybe American culture is different in a way...

I was walking down the street one day and a guy told a lady that her ipod was hanging from out of bag, she let out a huge gasp and sigh of relief and said, " Oh My God! I loooove you!!!!"

I hear it everyday, all day... I guess it is used loosley, especially by me:naughty:

I use it if I like a celebrity too... I never finish a sentence about natalie portman for example without saying, "I love her!"

I have a problem with saying "I love you" to people too. I say it to people in my family because I do love them. However, just random people or even certain friends, I feel uncomfortable saying it. I don't mind saying (like your example, "Oh, I love Natalie Portman" but I don't like saying, "I love you" to someone's face especially if it's not really true. Maybe that's a little contradictory but it's just the way it is. A kid I work with today for whatever reason said, "I love you." Not as in the mushy mushy let's-get-married type of thing. It was more a friendly remark, I guess, and I didn't say anything and he got mad. So then I had to say it and it sounded so awkward and it made me uncomfortable.

I read this before and when that happened at work today made me think of this so I just had to respond. Haha. :)

Yeah, my sister's friend from Scotland said it was so weird how everyone says "I love you!" in America because they hardly ever say it over there.

At times I'd like to say 'ich :fish: dich' :naughty:

:roftl::roftl: Yes, I can totally relate to that. But we always end up going back to the wub-ing :wub2:.

I also agree that the whole "I love you" is very culture dependent. In my culture, even though we're very affectionate and open, and go around touching and kissing everyone (not that sort of kissing :mf_lustslow::naughty:), saying "i love you" is a very big thing.

And for me personally, it's not something I go around feeling very comfortable to tell people, hehe.

So can we be creative with the lovey bit and rephrase it to something that we feel sounds and looks good in our own language and in the context of our culture?

OK, I'm officially signing up here please.:biggrin2:

And, what's been the outcome of the "I love you" discussion? Do we have to say that or not? Cos I'm really very fond of Mika and admire him tremendously, and love his music, but I don't honestly love HIM. But I'll go with whatever gets decided.