Grace kelly.

Mika4Life13

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when he performs why does he just do the I wanna talk to you, but I dont hear any 'the last time we talked mr.smith you reduced me to tears, but i promise you tht won't happen again!' I almost have to sing it so i can feel complete.

grace_kelly.jpgRight above I put a pic of Grace Kelly cuz I felt like it, anyway maybe they could have Cherisse say it if she has a microphone or have one of the girl back up singer people say it, or they could play the real Grace Kelly voice that's in the video and on the CD and maybe that's why cuz it's really Grace Kelly's voice they prob got that sentence off of a movie she made before and put it on there!

grace_kelly.jpgRight above I put a pic of Grace Kelly cuz I felt like it, anyway maybe they could have Cherisse say it if she has a microphone or have one of the girl back up singer people say it, or they could play the real Grace Kelly voice that's in the video and on the CD and maybe that's why cuz it's really Grace Kelly's voice they prob got that sentence off of a movie she made before and put it on there!

it's not grace kelly, :lmfao: I'm pretty sure big M said that it was HIS voice but feminized.

It's cos:

On the album and single, it's Mika's voice, but they changed it to make it sound like Grace Kelly's. But they couldn't do that live, because they need a machine.

uhm good thought but yet they have the anger doesnt solve anything part

On the album and single, it's Mika's voice, but they changed it to make it sound like Grace Kelly's.

I believe they used an actress for the first line. It's the final line "Humphrey, we're leaving." that is Mika's voice.

it's not grace kelly, :lmfao: I'm pretty sure big M said that it was HIS voice but feminized.

OH MY GOD, it is not either his voice...OMG i can't believe that, wow ok then where did he get the name Humphrey from?? and Mr. Smith? that's really hard for me to believe...WOW! god wow, amazing, IDK I am astounded:roftl:

I think mr Humphrey line was from an very old film I watched few years ago it might been grace kelly's film or audery hephburn cant remember now

I believe they used an actress for the first line. It's the final line "Humphrey, we're leaving." that is Mika's voice.

The ''Getting angry doesn't solve anything'' is his voice aswell. He imitated it once in an interview.

I always thought the 1st spoken line was a hired voice actress speaking received pronounciation (old style bbc english) and the "getting angry..." line is definately Mika but with the pitch changed, you can hear his slight accent on the word "solve" x it never occured to me to find out who did the last line x

I'm putting my 2 pence in here...

The answer is on the MFC FAQ but IDK where because I can't be bothered to go look.

The first line is an actress specially chosen because she sounds like Grace Kelly. The like "the last time we spoke mr Smith..." is from a Grace Kelly movie but she DIDN'T say mr SMITH she said something else.

The "getting angry" and "Humphrey" lines WERE Mika with pitch change (and it was done very well too in my opinion ;))

If you look at one of the chaptors in Rustic.Sea.Bird 's Quizilla fanfic story about Mika (one after chaptor 13 and there are 18) there is a youtube video where they play it and it is very obviously Mika.

I believe he cose the name Humphrey because he thinks it's "a beautiful name" which he said in the "bizarre podcast from the sun" when refering to himself calling the female pinguin baby that. Actually, I think is in the "downloads" section of MFC. ;)

Well that's just what I think anyway :o

• 4 weeks later...
when he performs why does he just do the I wanna talk to you, but I dont hear any 'the last time we talked mr.smith you reduced me to tears, but i promise you tht won't happen again!' I almost have to sing it so i can feel complete.

Because (regardless of who exactly is the one talking on the album, Mika with his voice modified or an actress) in order to have that part in his live shows, he'd have to use a pre-recorded version or have Cherisse or one of his backup singers do it. He does the "I wanna talk to you" part because that's his natural voice and he can just toss it in there.

He prides himself on not using recordings or any kind of dubbing or lip-synching devices in his live shows, so a tape is out. And I seriously doubt that Cherisse or Sara could pull that kind of voice off. I'm not sure about his newest backup singer.