Mika at the Dead Sea, Amman, Jordan Festival July 25th

Blue Sky

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that stealing pictures from others without taking any permission is really unethical ????
Hi AalaAM :)

Sorry that you are so disappointed. we didn't mean to steal anything: we posted the link to yr blog, said that the pictures were from there, thanked you here in this thread and on yr blog. We loved your pictures so much that we posted them here as well, but if you wish we can delete them, at least I can delete the ones I posted myself and instead we can put the link to the thread you've opened today.

Pls let us know.

Anyway welcome to MFC and thank you so much for yr blog and pictures, they are great!

You know that stealing pictures from others without taking any permission is really unethical ????

Was this one of the pictures?

If so to be perfectly honest and IMO only, all gig pictures look alike. This one could have been anywhere.

Well being a big picture searcher myself for the past 18 months, I have to agree with bab that so many gigs look the same. So apart from the immediacy of getting the early gig pics and reports up here on MFC, all interest pretty well evaporates as soon as the next gig rolls around, unless there is a totally amazing pic of Mika in midair or doing something slightly unusual.

I don't mean to deny the ethical issue. I think nobody meant any harm by posting the pics here...but where do we draw the line on ethical??

Mika's own myspace posts our fan vids without asking permission. Is that ethical? We video and photograph his shows when the signs often tell us it is prohibited. Is that ethical?

Actually using other people's photos and videos is illegal. :mf_rosetinted:

The photographer/videomaker owns the copyright.

But even knowing that doesn't end it. Youtube/photobucket/dailymotion are full of illegally uploaded content. And we MFCers have certainly done our fair share uploading TV interviews and award shows etc for everyone's pleasure!!

I think the only hope is to do what quite a few people on MFC do: mark the photographs that you take with your name on the actual pic, or watermark them. (Yes I know lots of people are skilled at removing these identifying signs too...but if the pics are posted publicly....what else can you do??)

So AalaAm, if you go to the gig in Lebanon tonight, without your work knowing, and someone from work finds your posts on here....hmmm....I am curious about the ethicality there too:naughty:

So AalaAm, if you go to the gig in Lebanon tonight, without your work knowing, and someone from work finds your posts on here....hmmm....I am curious about the ethicality there too:naughty:

You can't compare me leaving job for Mika's gig with stealing others propreties... it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too diferent ...

Have a nice day !!!

Well I think stealing is such a harsh word on MFC... where so many of our lovely pictures come through questionable means.

I know how you feel in fact. My photos from my personal website are linked on several other sites, and nobody asked permission. It is surprising to find them becoming the wallpaper on someone's site. :boxed: But if I post them on the web, I ultimately cannot control what happens to them. Sad but true.

The girls removed your pics from this thread because you asked. (and the remaining ones will go if you PM the posters) None of us want to have other MFCers unhappy. You have now posted them yourself onto their own thread. We are grateful for that.

So can we stop talking about ethics and stealing now please? None of us is perfect in that regard here.

I know how you feel in fact. My photos from my personal website are linked on several other sites, and nobody asked permission. It is surprising to find them becoming the wallpaper on someone's site. :boxed: But if I post them on the web, I ultimately cannot control what happens to them. Sad but true.

So can we stop talking about ethics and stealing now please? None of us is perfect in that regard here.

Oh thanx for considering ... it's all Ok now ... we are all one team ...

and I think we can start stealing from each others (hehehe kidding)

I love this fan club.........

There's a related videos bit at the end :doh:

Big girl: http://ikbis.com/Jansait/shot/122322

Speaking araibic (I guess) and beginning of Grace kelly: http://ikbis.com/Jansait/shot/122324

My Interpretation: http://ikbis.com/Jansait/shot/122323

Crowd calling Mika back and then beginning of Relax encore: http://ikbis.com/Jansait/shot/122326?title=Mika (I've never seen the Mika coming back on bit before :wub2:)

And some more pictures (I found the search :P)

P7250078.jpg

P7250077.jpg (I love those flags :P)

P7250076.jpg

P7250075.jpg

P7250081.jpg

Guest MrPink

That show was by far the most mind-blowing, energy-inducing experience of my life! And I, unfortunately, missed the first half of it!!! I am in complete awe of how friggin' amazing this man is.

Here's the thing about shows here: usually, when the ticket says 8:30, that means the show won't start until 9:30-10 AT LEAST! Mika insisted on going on stage ASAP. The organizers had tried to talk him into holding it off for a little bit longer but he insisted, saying he said he would be on stage at 8:30 and it's already 9. Much respect to the man for that!

Oh, and does anyone have the setlist he played in Jordan? I got there at the end of Relax.

I cannot wait until my next Mika show!