The Australian Thread: Part Fifteen

Rainbow Sky

It was at a little bit of everything.... you thinking HK was me; Kelzy calling a petition for my drumsticks to tour oz.... :naughty:

:naughty:

Yeah well.. I guess I wasn't thinking much then...

Okay so I tried to multi quote but I just ended up with this one :shocked:

That is cute, am I weird or do others think it looks sort of rude from some angles :blush-anim-cl:like testicles that have fallen out of a nut sack

Now to remember what I wanted to quote without going back through all the pages.

Ummmmm, yeah funny about the high rate of Autism lol. maybe forums attract semi autistic mums cause we are not comfortable with face to face contact as much as cyber friends. Our kids must have a little of us in them.

Oh I remember... my sig causing DH's jealousy to be worse, well I try not to let him see me here at all (hence me shutting my window constantly and re logging in rather than staying here)

Well if he is gonna be jealous and think the worst anyway I may as well just indulge :naughty:

Damn... Sprung

Maybe they do... who knows?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back! And I didn't finish all of my homework at maths. :thumbdown:

I'm sure you'll address this when you get back...

I'm sure you can still drop a 2 unit subject if you do 12 units... that's the absolute minimum you can do to get a UAI... Then again, I had to worry about this in 1999...

What subjects were you thinking about doing?

Well the way I understand it (I'm looking at the subject/explanation book now) is that there is a minimum of 12 units in year eleven and a minimum of 10 units in year 12. So yes, you only need 10 units to get a UAI. If I wanted to I could do more, but I have a feeling that 14 would be too many for me to keep up with next year. I'm hoping that all of that made sense. :naughty:

Now, there are two different combinations of subjects I'm considering doing. The first one adds to 14 units and the second one adds to 12 units.

The first one is made up of English Advanced (2 units), English Extension 1 (1 unit), Mathematics (2 units), Mathematics Extension 1 (1 unit), Biology (2 units), Physics (2 units), Studies of Religion II (2 units) and Music (2 units).

The second one is very similar but with a couple of slight changes so that I have less units. It's made up of English Advanced (2 units), Mathematics (2 units), Mathematics Extension 1 (1 unit), Biology (2 units), Physics (2 units), Studies of Religion I (1 unit) and Music (2 units).

I bolded the changes. If there's anyone who understands what the hell I'm going on about any advice would be helpful, because I'm REALLY undecided.

Can you ask your tutor how to count seven weeks and not 8?

Fourteen units? That is like so confusing

We had 5 or 6 units :blink:

Maybe it doesn't help that you have a bit of both "the" SD videos in your signature.

Haha, I'll ask him next time and get back to you. :roftl:

Yeah. As nico said before there are two units for most subjects, one unit for extra extensions in english and mathematics (making them add to three units) and one unit for two of the three religion courses offered at my school. Now I'm really starting to confuse myself.

When I first read that I wondered what anyone would be doing with videos of me in their signature. :naughty:

I pulled an Oakie Doke and has dinner while posting.

My DS 16 has just had to submit all his subjects for Yr 11 next year.

He is so annoyed that religion is compulsory and taking up one of his units.

He is doing

English Advanced, Mathematics (3 units), Chemistry, Physics, Engineering and Religion.

He wanted to do Agriculture as well but then he has too many units.

My DS 16 has just had to submit all his subjects for Yr 11 next year.

He is so annoyed that religion is compulsory and taking up one of his units.

He is doing

English Advanced, Mathematics (3 units), Chemistry, Physics, Engineering and Religion.

He wanted to do Agriculture as well but then he has too many units.

:shocked: How come ??!! Is he going to a Catholic school ??

:crybaby: I decided it would be a good idea to precariously balance my beloved uninsured/warrantied camera on top of a massive sand dune and set it on the timer and run down to the beach. It took the photo, and then all by itself decided it would be a good idea to tumble to it's death down the massive sand dune - to thrust it's extended lens into the scratchy scratchy sand over and over and over again. So now the lens thing wont open or close. And the resulting picture is stupid because I decided at the last minute that it would be a good idea to jump because it would look fantastic if I was in the air in the photo, even though i had no clue when the picture would be taken, and actually I just look demented because I was just landing in the actual picture.

Yeah... they do choose 5 or 6 subjects... each subject is worth 2 units...

Even though the bold sentence doesn't make a whole lot of sense, I get it...

My cousin got Dux of the school... she was in my group... and another 2 people in my year got a lot of awards too...

I used to go for walks around the junior area when i was in year 11... partly to see a good friend of mine that I've known since I was 5, and partly to perve on someone in the same year as my friend...

We sat near a tree...

So confusing because units are subjects :S

That's because it should say classify and not classic :roftl:

Oh yeah, my friend Eliza got dux of the school, and my group got basically all of the TEE subject dux thingies.

:naughty:

OKD: Yup, email Scrabble !! Fancy a game ?? I IZ already HAZ 2 games on the go ....

But how does it work??

Okay so I tried to multi quote but I just ended up with this one

That is cute, am I weird or do others think it looks sort of rude from some angles like testicles that have fallen out of a nut sack

LOL, have you been pressing "MQ"? Don't worry, my MQ button is broken too.

Um, yes, you are weird. It looks like Mickey Mouse - Mickey Mouse!

Ummmmm, yeah funny about the high rate of Autism lol. maybe forums attract semi autistic mums cause we are not comfortable with face to face contact as much as cyber friends. Our kids must have a little of us in them.

Oh I remember... my sig causing DH's jealousy to be worse, well I try not to let him see me here at all (hence me shutting my window constantly and re logging in rather than staying here)

Well if he is gonna be jealous and think the worst anyway I may as well just indulge

Damn... Sprung

Hmm, maybe?

And :lmao:!!!

Well the way I understand it (I'm looking at the subject/explanation book now) is that there is a minimum of 12 units in year eleven and a minimum of 10 units in year 12. So yes, you only need 10 units to get a UAI. If I wanted to I could do more, but I have a feeling that 14 would be too many for me to keep up with next year. I'm hoping that all of that made sense.

Now, there are two different combinations of subjects I'm considering doing. The first one adds to 14 units and the second one adds to 12 units.

The first one is made up of English Advanced (2 units), English Extension 1 (1 unit), Mathematics (2 units), Mathematics Extension 1 (1 unit), Biology (2 units), Physics (2 units), Studies of Religion II (2 units) and Music (2 units).

The second one is very similar but with a couple of slight changes so that I have less units. It's made up of English Advanced (2 units), Mathematics (2 units), Mathematics Extension 1 (1 unit), Biology (2 units), Physics (2 units), Studies of Religion I (1 unit) and Music (2 units).

I bolded the changes. If there's anyone who understands what the hell I'm going on about any advice would be helpful, because I'm REALLY undecided.

Ummmmm .. hmmmmm ... no I am completley confused :naughty: Just do what your friends are doing :naughty:

When I first read that I wondered what anyone would be doing with videos of me in their signature.

I pulled an Oakie Doke and has dinner while posting.

:lmao:

:crybaby: I decided it would be a good idea to precariously balance my beloved uninsured/warrantied camera on top of a massive sand dune and set it on the timer and run down to the beach. It took the photo, and then all by itself decided it would be a good idea to tumble to it's death down the massive sand dune - to thrust it's extended lens into the scratchy scratchy sand over and over and over again. So now the lens thing wont open or close. And the resulting picture is stupid because I decided at the last minute that it would be a good idea to jump because it would look fantastic if I was in the air in the photo, even though i had no clue when the picture would be taken, and actually I just look demented because I was just landing in the actual picture.

Ummmmm .. hmmmmm ... no I am completley confused :naughty: Just do what your friends are doing :naughty:

Aww no! You don't seem to be having very good luck lately. I'm sorry to say that your story made me laugh because it reminded me of a Ringo scene in 'A Hard Day's Night' where he prepares his camera on a rock next to a river and when he clicks the connecting wire thingie his camera falls into the water!

Thanks for the help. :mf_rosetinted:

Of course I do!! :mf_rosetinted: My dreams would tarnish it!! :naughty:

:roftl: :roftl:

:lmao: :lmao:

Awww! Sorry OD - is there a local camera shop that could take

it apart, and get rid of the sand for you?

I guess maybe, but that sounds EXPENSIVE! :naughty:

I tried vacuum cleaning it :naughty: But I think I'm breaking the door things by doing that. Because when I put the vacuum cleaner on it the doors closed, and now they wont open :crybaby:

Aww no! You don't seem to be having very good luck lately. I'm sorry to say that your story made me laugh because it reminded me of a Ringo scene in 'A Hard Day's Night' where he prepares his camera on a rock next to a river and when he clicks the connecting wire thingie his camera falls into the water!

Thanks for the help.

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Same back at you. :mf_rosetinted:

Heya Everyone!!

:lmfao: at everything!!

I want to play scrabble!!!

:naughty: Do you plug it in overnight to recharge its glow?

Wanna play email Scrabble ?? Just PM me your preferred email addy & I'll set us up a game ! :thumb_yello:

Of course I do!! :mf_rosetinted: My dreams would tarnish it!! :naughty:

:lmfao::naughty:

Wanna play email Scrabble ?? Just PM me your preferred email addy & I'll set us up a game ! :thumb_yello:

But how do you play scrabble in email? I don't geeeet iiiit!

Helloooooo my not-so-far-away-any-more Aussie friends!

Yes I am alive...and missing MFC...but ah well. :cowboy:

ER!! :woot_jump:

How are you? What have you done?

ER!! :woot_jump:

How are you? What have you done?

OKD! :woot_jump:

I told you about Pemberton yes? Ehm...

So far, not a whole lot--got a tan from standing in the English rain...:naughty: But I'm with my lovely cousin/bestest pal so we've kept ourselves sufficiently amused...