Do you believe you can "manifest your own destiny" ?

Yes, I do.:wub2:

So, its kind of a growing idea. Have you guys ever heard of "The Secret"?

Yes, Oprah is a well known advocate for this. No, I didn't find out about it through her surprisingly. It was through my sister.

Here's how it works:

Steps:

1. Ask Know what you want and ask the universe for it. This is where you need to get clear on what it is you want to create and visualise what you want as being as 'real' as possible.

2. Believe Feel and behave as if the object of your desire is on its way. Focus your thoughts and your language on what it is you want to attract. You want to feel the feeling of really 'knowing' that what you desire is on its way to you, even if you have to trick yourself into believing it – do it.

3. Receive Be open to receiving it. Pay attention to your intuitive messages, synchronicities, signs from the Universe to help you along the way as assurance you are on the 'right' path. As you align yourself with the Universe and open yourself up to receiving, the very thing you are wanting to manifest will show up.

It sounds a little crazy, but I live by this. It's kind of like Kabbalah (That's a form of spirituality that I am currently practicing) It's basically about being positive and surrounding yourself with good energy. I believe in this, and I can honestly say that this has worked for me in many ways

1. I made a vision board for myself (highly encouraged) and typed this out

"$200,000 tuition paid" Obviously this had not happend when I printed it out and pasted it to my board lol. BUT, I just got a scholarship for my fall and spring semester. It will help tremendously. The thing is, I didn't apply for it. Someone recommended me:wub2:. So it kind of fell out of the sky for me.

2. My sister calls and says " Johnny Depp is gonna be here next month?"

Me: "Oh my God! I'm gonna meet him."

* I believed it, with my entire heart, though I had no idea how I would do it...and I didn't even try.*

March 25th call from my cousin " Johnny! I just saw Johnny he's filming in town!"

You all know how that worked out:wub2: I met the man!

3. There have been countless other things that I have attracted to me. One being a boy I dreampt up... I swear to you. I wrote a story about a boy, and called him Gabriel. He was my ideal guy.:wub2:

A year later, I find that the character I described was sitting across from me in my writing class: Long hair, blue eyes, tall, sun kissed, mysterious, muscian writer.:shocked:

I recently realized this, and I'm completely spooked. It's like I dreamed him up and he found me. I have one more week with him though which sucks to the highest extent :(

On a smaller extent, there have been incidents like this : Me thinking about buying a perfume, because I'm out ( Try Escada by the way!) and my mom coming home with a package containing the exact perfume...no conversation prior to this.

It's all very bazaar and yet it makes sense...the universe conspires to grant you your heart's desires. The things that will make you happy. It's strange, but I live by this and wanted to share it with people that I think should be in on this idea.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea i have heard of this...

Honestly before i read your accounts i would thought it was complete bs, but really i do think it's about being positive and even if all the 'dreams' don't come true, you'll honestly be a happier person. If you're always thinking positive you'll find the happier solutions to situations/problems. Haha i may give this a try.

I have heard stories of this kinda stuff but i always thought they were like paid actors or something....but i really can see the harm in trying:bleh:

Thank you for postin!::wub2:

I follow this. Except pretty much everything you just described, I take it as faith in God...

And Kabbalah? That's Judeo mysticism.

It's Judaism with a somewhat mystical background...

I don't know how to make it any simpler.

And it's not really from my perspective... that's what it is factually.

It's Judaism with a somewhat mystical background...

I don't know how to make it any simpler.

I'm definatley not asking you to. But obviously you formed some thoughts about "Judeo Mysticism" and I was curious to know what they were. I wasn't asking for a definition,just how you would "describe" it. I won't ask next time:wink2:

No further explanation is needed.Thanks :D

I don't have a formed opinion on it. I don't think about it on the average day, it's just sort of there.

There are traditional Jewish stories that involve the use of knowledge to affect people in ways that could be described as "magical".

Not like pulling a Jew out of your hat. Miracles that took place when someone used the name of God.

Some guy made a clay doll, put a piece of paper with "God" written on it in the doll's mouth, and the doll came to life.

I don't really believe in wishing and waiting around for things. I think that if you want something you've got to go out and do it. I'm only going to use the tuition thing 'cause it's a good example for my point as well. My brother wanted to go to Notre Dame so he worked his butt off in high school. It's a hard school to get into and he didn't make the cut. He was crushed but immediately applied to its brother school, Holy Cross. He worked his butt off his first year and decided to try to tranfer. Notre Dame sent him a letter saying they'd not only accept him but pay HALF of his $40,000 a year tuition, which is A LOT of money for Notre Dame to just give away. Now he only has to pay back $60,000 in students loans instead of $120,000. I think he was rewarded for his hard work and sticking with his dream.

I think that's the way to go...CREATE your own destiny. I don't knock this method but it's definitely not for me. If I get something, I want to know I did it as opposed to it just happening for me. I've always been brought up to be completely self-sufficient.

I don't think the universe is going around granting trivial wishes.

Suppose it goes against someone else's wish.

If you truly envision Mika marrying you, but someone else envisions him dead within 2 hours, which happens?

But it's definatley NOT about wishing on a star or anything like that. Its about taking responsibility for your life in a positive way. People who practice the secret don't wish for death on anyone, and if they do than they are obviously not practicing The Law of Attraction: The purpose is attracting postivity, not death which is obviously negative.

And in terms of my tuition. I absolutly worked for that money. My teacher saw my work ethic in class and simply recommended me.

Oprah explains something here.

Talk about the law of attraction lol... Oprah is talking about it right now:naughty:

EDIT: She actually talked about the misconception people have about the secret...and it was exaclty the "wish " issue. She describes it as a tool, not a get rich quick scheme... it focuses you and keeps on the path to what you want.

Oprah's always there for me when I need her lol

The Secret, in that case, is just positive thinking.

People have been doing it for years. But Oprah decided open her gob, and now people are making money off it.

The Secret, in that case, is just positive thinking.

People have been doing it for years. But Oprah decided open her gob, and now people are making money off it.

and Thank God she opened that "gob" of hers. She's not promoting it for nothing.

And it's not just positive thinking... The complicated part about practicing this is the fact that you have to SURRENDER yourself and stop "wanting" but "believing"

It's having complete trust in God, the universe whatever force you live by. and THAT is not easy for everyone.

and Thank God she opened that "gob" of hers. She's not promoting it for nothing.

Right. She's getting paid for the ratings she's bringing in due to bored housewife minions.

It's having complete trust in God, the universe whatever force you live by. and THAT is not easy for everyone.

What if you don't believe in a force?

Right. She's getting paid for the ratings she's bringing in due to bored housewife minions.

Alright, I'll defend Oprah, she's my girl.

This woman has done so much for not only the city of Chicago but for the world.

You can bring the housewife cliche into this, but it's not gonna change my mind about her. She's a role model, because she shares her struggle and makes it a point to try and help people.

she brings in ratings because she's amazing.

I watched the episode of Oprah where they talked about 'The Secret' so I'm not misinformed. The example they kept showing was with the little boy wanting a bike, so he envisioned it, thought about it, and acted as if he had the bike. One day Grandpa comes home with a bike. Voila.

My solution to getting a bike would be to get a job, save the money, buy the bike. That's all I'm saying. I don't believe in it.