Julian Beever - Chalk Artist

Kelzy

Wikipedia:

Julian Beever is an English chalk artist who has been creating trompe-l'œil chalk drawings on pavement surfaces since the mid-1990s. His works are created using a projection called anamorphosis, and create the illusion of three dimensions when viewed from the correct angle.

Besides this pavement art, Beever also paints murals with acrylic paints and replicas of the works of masters and oil paintings, and creates collages. He works as a freelance performance artist and creates murals for companies. He has worked in the UK, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Denmark, Spain, the U.S., Australia, Brazil and Argentina.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get alot of emails sent to me, but I force my friends and family to only send the really good stuff.. not the junk chain mail crap.. lol. :P

It works, because occasionally I get something really, truly amazing.

I know Julian Beever has been around for awhile because I've seen older drawings of his, but I got this email today and thought I'd share with you all. Hopefully most of you are familiar with him already.

(note: I assume these are ALL his work, and not someone elses..)

There's 25 pictures..

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

more coming........

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

these are :jawdrop: sooo amazing! have you ever seen one in real life? i was just looking at some online earlier today infact! they are so talented:mf_lustslow:

You were? Cool!!

I haven't ever seen them in person, but I would love to! :punk:

Have you seen them?

It's every kids dream isn't it? To grow up and play with chalk :naughty:

You were? Cool!!

I haven't ever seen them in person, but I would love to! :punk:

Have you seen them?

It's every kids dream isn't it? To grow up and play with chalk :naughty:

ahh me either...i think my mom has...and i knew a teacher who's daughter did them and she showed us pictures! i wonder if they get paid......hmmm

Exactly who wouldn't want to do that!:naughty:

ahh me either...i think my mom has...and i knew a teacher who's daughter did them and she showed us pictures! i wonder if they get paid......hmmm

Exactly who wouldn't want to do that!:naughty:

*jealous* I'd love to see them!

I buy my 4yo nephew chalk every Christmas, take him to Dad's, and tell him to go draw in grandpa's backyard :naughty: Hopefully he grows up and does the same thing one day. At the moment it's just scribble.. :fisch:

I wonder how he could get paid though, because it's chalk and will wash away??

:doh: He probably has a donation bucket.. :wink2:

*jealous* I'd love to see them!

I buy my 4yo nephew chalk every Christmas, take him to Dad's, and tell him to go draw in grandpa's backyard :naughty: Hopefully he grows up and does the same thing one day. At the moment it's just scribble.. :fisch:

I wonder how he could get paid though, because it's chalk and will wash away??

:doh: He probably has a donation bucket.. :wink2:

:awww that'd be sooo cool to have a nephew as an awsome artist!:naughty:

yea, it's kinda like ice sculputres, they just melt:blink:

that's true, i hope they make a lot of money off it though, cuz it's so impressive!

:awww that'd be sooo cool to have a nephew as an awsome artist!:naughty:

yea, it's kinda like ice sculputres, they just melt:blink:

that's true, i hope they make a lot of money off it though, cuz it's so impressive!

Ice sculptures are amazing too. Takes alot of patience.

that man is just soo talented!

the one with the big green M was done here in Argentina!

In Bs As so I wasn't able to go and take a look at it, I so wish I could ¬¬

The things he does are amazing!

This one:

image012.jpg

I love how the Ants are fixing it.

Rescue scene: Was meant to be viewed with a mirror.

Upside down has the same effect if you ignore the passerby's legs.. :naughty:

image042.jpg

image043.jpg

image044.jpg

image045.jpg

image046.jpg

image047.jpg

looking for freebies??

image001.jpg

There was a mini documentary about this one on TV recently. It was in Cologne and it took him 4 days to finish it (having half of his work destroyed by heavy rain in between) :thumbdown:

Very fascinating, as the 3d-effect only comes into being from one particular perspective which is totally different from the one he has while drawing.

Knowing that those artworks are so precious, yet so fleeting makes me very sad.

Isn't his daughter just so cute on the water lily leaf? :wub2:

Edit: thinking about it, it probably was not this pic, because the toad was under water, the girl had a fishing rod and the pic was inverted...hmmm

image001.jpg

There was a mini documentary about this one on TV recently. It was in Cologne and it took him 4 days to finish it (having half of his work destroyed by heavy rain in between) :thumbdown:

Very fascinating, as the 3d-effect only comes into being from one particular perspective which is totally different from the one he has while drawing.

Knowing that those artworks are so precious, yet so fleeting makes me very sad.

Isn't his daughter just so cute on the water lily leaf? :wub2:

Edit: thinking about it, it probably was not this pic, because the toad was under water, the girl had a fishing rod and the pic was inverted...hmmm

Ohh, I'll have to look for that one. There's more pics out there, I just haven't looked for more yet. But I will.

You said exactly what I was thinking "Knowing that those artworks are so precious, yet so fleeting makes me very sad"

Sad, yet amazed at how he can so willingly do it - knowing it will just wash away.. Takes alot of courage to be able to put in so much effort only for it to be washed away forever.

aww, I didn't know that was his daughter. She's adorable!

Ohh, I'll have to look for that one. There's more pics out there, I just haven't looked for more yet. But I will.

You said exactly what I was thinking "Knowing that those artworks are so precious, yet so fleeting makes me very sad"

Sad, yet amazed at how he can so willingly do it - knowing it will just wash away.. Takes alot of courage to be able to put in so much effort only for it to be washed away forever.

aww, I didn't know that was his daughter. She's adorable!

I'm assuming that he has some sort of protective seal or something for these, I know on some of them they are blocked off so people don't walk on them...but if they are just for like..one day, thats incredible that he puts that much time into his work for it to just dissappear. :thumb_yello:

I'm assuming that he has some sort of protective seal or something for these, I know on some of them they are blocked off so people don't walk on them...but if they are just for like..one day, thats incredible that he puts that much time into his work for it to just dissappear. :thumb_yello:

Does he not take photos of them himself, to make prints up?

Hey everyone!

(I'll put the following info in the first post also.. )

Wikipedia:

Julian Beever is an English chalk artist who has been creating trompe-l'œil chalk drawings on pavement surfaces since the mid-1990s. His works are created using a projection called anamorphosis, and create the illusion of three dimensions when viewed from the correct angle.

Besides this pavement art, Beever also paints murals with acrylic paints and replicas of the works of masters and oil paintings, and creates collages. He works as a freelance performance artist and creates murals for companies. He has worked in the UK, Belgium, France, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Denmark, Spain, the U.S., Australia, Brazil and Argentina.

------------------------------------------------------

So the pavement drawings are chalk - perhaps unless he is asked to do something permanent??

And he would make prints!! Yes!

I still would love to see it in person. *wub2*

Here's 2 wall murals:

image051.jpg

image052.jpg

oil paintings:

image055artmatgd.jpg

image053thames.jpg

image054Michaelmasdaisies.jpg

And some footage of he drawing

and 2 more chalk drawings

image056.jpg