Recommend music to Mika

sariflor

Mika has been sharing his musical preferences with us, and many people like all/many/some of the artists that he's mentioned.....so a few of us thought that it would be a good idea to make a thread where we can put together suggestions from US to Mika. Basically, do the reverse.

We don't know if he'll see it, but we can try :wink2:. And maybe even we'll give him some ideas that he'll like and he can use as background in his blogs when he runs out of songs to put there from his own stack :naughty:

Otherwise, we can just take it as a place where we suggest music that we like to eachother :bleh:.

:thumb_yello:So go, suggest away....

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it make sense to recommend musicians/songs to him that he most likely already heard? Like, if we're going to do it, shouldn't we focus on more obscure/underground things?

Because I think recommending Joanna Newsom or Sigur Ros to him is a bit like recommending David Bowie.

--Jack

Does it make sense to recommend musicians/songs to him that he most likely already heard? Like, if we're going to do it, shouldn't we focus on more obscure/underground things?

Because I think recommending Joanna Newsom or Sigur Ros to him is a bit like recommending David Bowie.

--Jack

All he seems to listen to is Beck, Arcade Fire, and other random people. :naughty:

He needs some classics :punk:

All he seems to listen to is Beck, Arcade Fire, and other random people. :naughty:

He needs some classics :punk:

Actually I thought your post was one of the more helpful ones. :thumb_yello: By showing the playlist, you provided context of the kind of stuff you listen to--and so then Mika could look at whatever bands there he doesn't know and either go "oh, she has good taste, maybe I should check these out" or else "gosh, she's dull, I'll pass." :naughty:

--Kack

Actually I thought your post was one of the more helpful ones. :thumb_yello: By showing the playlist, you provided context of the kind of stuff you listen to--and so then Mika could look at whatever bands there he doesn't know and either go "oh, she has good taste, maybe I should check these out" or else "gosh, she's dull, I'll pass." :naughty:

--Kack

haha thanks :naughty:

He'll probably pass :rolls_eyes:

--Jack

Well I didnt think that he would know who she was because no one who I have ever talked about Joanna to has known who she was. I am sorry. :blink:

There are many great artists and bands in Montréal but this one in particular I think would appeal to Mika. They are called Malajube and they have a very refreshing and particular sound. Their lyrics (in french of course) are harsh and poetic at the same time and inspire a lot of imagery... Plus, their vids are insane and amazing !!!

Here are a few of them I love :

Montréal -40

Ton plat favori

Pâte Filo

Love them, their album "Trompe l'oeil" is pure genious if you ask me !