LOVE TODAY LYRICS- help me, I'm confused!!

Well, for some reason I decided to type out the lyrics to love today using Mika's songbook. And I was totally confused. The lyrics SAY DIFFERENT THINGS THEN THE BOOKLET THAT COMES WITH THE CD!!

I know that singers change the lyrics in there songs about all the time just for the sake of it, but usually it's done live (like "bore" changed to "whore" in lollipop.) but these are the official lyrics, aren't they? Or has Mika released other lyrics called the official ones (other than what has been printed in his CD and songbook?)

Is it just Love Today with the differences? I checked the other songs (although there's only lyrics to Grace Kelly, Lollipop and Love Today printed in the CD booklet) and the only difference I could see was in lollipop it said

"take a look at a boy like me me, never stood on my own two feet feet" which isn't exactly a lyric change. I have noticed though that some people say in Stuck In The Middle it goes "but my troops are bigger than yours," where in the songbook it says "but my truths are bigger than yours,"

Ok, I'm going off topic now. But, does anyone know anything?

I'll show you, these are the differences I noted

Difference # 1

Songbook:

Hey girl, why can't you carry on?

It's a curse, you're just like your mother

You're the type like to tease for fun

Well, you ain't gonna tease no longer

Gonna make you a lover

Booklet with CD:

Hey girl why can't you carry on?

Is it cuz you're just like your mother

A little tight,

Like to tease for fun

Well you ain't gonna tease no other

Gonna make you a lover!

Difference #2

Songbook:

Girl in the groove with the big bust on,

Big bust on

Booklet with CD:

Girl in the blue with the big bust on

Big bust on

Difference #3

Songbook:

Hooker, book her nook her, walk away

Booklet with CD:

Hook her, book her nook her, walk away!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a song book also and i was looking through it and my cd booklet to compare more lyrics and i found another one:

song book:

jesus love her she wants more

cd booklet:

jesus wants her but she wants more

and in the song book they spell bore as boor:naughty::naughty::naughty: i wonder if they know that lol!

its funny i would always get confused with these lyrics because i would listen to mika say it one time and it would be one way and then another time it would be another way :roftl:

I know that singers change the lyrics in there songs about all the time just for the sake of it, but usually it's done live (like "bore" changed to "whore" in lollipop.)

I suspect that "whore" was the original lyric but he changed it to "bore" in the studio so it could be released as a single.

but these are the official lyrics, aren't they? Or has Mika released other lyrics called the official ones (other than what has been printed in his CD and songbook?)

I once worked for a band's manager and they had me listen to the lyrics and write them down and fax them to the record company's art department, so I wouldn't take any lyrics as gospel. :naughty:

Either Mika or his sister wrote out the lyrics for the CD booklet though so it should be the most accurate.

I suspect that "whore" was the original lyric but he changed it to "bore" in the studio so it could be released as a single.

I once worked for a band's manager and they had me listen to the lyrics and write them down and fax them to the record company's art department, so I wouldn't take any lyrics as gospel. :naughty:

Either Mika or his sister wrote out the lyrics for the CD booklet though so it should be the most accurate.

I always wondered christine but I just dismissed the wonky spelling, wrong words or unfinished lines due to maybe a part of mika's dyslexia? I dont know, i just gave up on asking people.

I always wondered christine but I just dismissed the wonky spelling, wrong words or unfinished lines due to maybe a part of mika's dyslexia? I dont know, i just gave up on asking people.

I wouldn't attribute differences in the CD booklet to Mika's dyslexia. :wink2:

I've never bothered to look at the lyrics on the CD so I'm not sure what mistakes you're referring to. The lyrics racinghorse is talking about look plausible to me. It's hard to tell because I can't make heads or tails of what he's saying half the time which is how we got into the whole chicket debate.

"Hook her, book her, nook" her is definitely correct because he's discussed it before. And "little tight like to tease for fun" makes more sense than the songbook lyrics because he makes a hand gesture for "little" when he sings it.

Well, for some reason I decided to type out the lyrics to love today using Mika's songbook. And I was totally confused. The lyrics SAY DIFFERENT THINGS THEN THE BOOKLET THAT COMES WITH THE CD!!

I know that singers change the lyrics in there songs about all the time just for the sake of it, but usually it's done live (like "bore" changed to "whore" in lollipop.) but these are the official lyrics, aren't they? Or has Mika released other lyrics called the official ones (other than what has been printed in his CD and songbook?)

Is it just Love Today with the differences? I checked the other songs (although there's only lyrics to Grace Kelly, Lollipop and Love Today printed in the CD booklet) and the only difference I could see was in lollipop it said

"take a look at a boy like me me, never stood on my own two feet feet" which isn't exactly a lyric change. I have noticed though that some people say in Stuck In The Middle it goes "but my troops are bigger than yours," where in the songbook it says "but my truths are bigger than yours,"

Difference # 1

Songbook:

Gonna make you a lover

Booklet with CD:

A little tight,

Like to tease for fun

Gonna make you a lover!

Difference #2

Songbook:

Big bust on

Booklet with CD:

Big bust on

Difference #3

Songbook:

Booklet with CD:

I always thought it was...

When you wake gonna tease no other.

But I never got the first line of the 2nd verse. I didn't know it was about big busts!

I always thought it was...

When you wake gonna tease no other.

But I never got the first line of the 2nd verse. I didn't know it was about big busts!

in LIVE in cartoon motion it sounds like

"hey girl why can't you carry on?

is it cause you're just liiiike your mother?

little tight, like to tease for fun?

well you ain't gonna tease no...

or they're gonna make you..

A LOVER!!" etc

and he talks about why he wrote parts of love today in this video.

(from 5:11 to 6:00)

it might explain a bit :naughty:

the pitch mika sings in makes it confusing eh??!!

does anyone know what mika says in my interpretation? i always thought he said "its not such a sad day," but when i heard it sung live it sounded more like "its not such a sacrifice."

???

yeah, if you listen, i'm pretty sure its

"it's really not such a sacrifIIIIIIICEE!!!!"

Difference #2

Songbook:

Big bust on

Booklet with CD:

Big bust on

On the special performance of Love Today in LIVE in Cartoon Motion (the one in the extras menu), he is clearly saying "Girl in the blue with the big bust on, big bust on, big butt on!" which was kind of confusing to me when I first heard it, since this is obviously not what he is singing on the album. Hmm. Perhaps this is an earlier or later version than the LICM version. :blink:

I've never bothered to look at the lyrics on the CD so I'm not sure what mistakes you're referring to. The lyrics racinghorse is talking about look plausible to me. It's hard to tell because I can't make heads or tails of what he's saying half the time which is how we got into the whole chicket debate.

"Hook her, book her, nook" her is definitely correct because he's discussed it before. And "little tight like to tease for fun" makes more sense than the songbook lyrics because he makes a hand gesture for "little" when he sings it.

they're VERY noticeable christine. Like half of lollipop I think it is , is missing. No billy brown. Words are mispelled which is kindof unprofessional in my opinion, and sentences are mixed up. I didn't know what the hell happened their so...

On the special performance of Love Today in LIVE in Cartoon Motion (the one in the extras menu), he is clearly saying "Girl in the blue with the big bust on, big bust on, big butt on!" which was kind of confusing to me when I first heard it, since this is obviously not what he is singing on the album. Hmm. Perhaps this is an earlier or later version than the LICM version. :blink:

i think he just got lazy singing all those high notes :naughty:

i do think its "bust on" 3 times, not "butt on" or "button" :roftl:

i think he just got lazy singing all those high notes :naughty:

i do think its "bust on" 3 times, not "butt on" or "button" :roftl:

I agree that that is what he is saying on the album, I just wanted to point out that he does say "girl in the blue" in the DVD just like it says on the lyrics book in the album, possibly suggesting that this was an earlier version and they just didn't update the lyrics in the book after he recorded it.

mika changes the words around alot, i think, which is totally within his rights ass he wrote the songs.

as for the booklet, i think art was the main thing, not how accurate the lyrics where, especially as they get changed around a lot.

sometimes he songs big bust on, big bust on, big bust on

and sometimes

big bust on, big bust on, big butt on

and the lyrics are definately licks her lips like they're something other, not licks her lips like theres something on them.

And I think "Girl in the blue" would be right, because all of Mika's songs are connected. The girl in blue would be 'Big Girl', and the girl who dresses like a kid for fun, would be 'Lollipop Girl'. That's my opinion anyway and it does make sense.

And I think "Girl in the blue" would be right, because all of Mika's songs are connected. The girl in blue would be 'Big Girl', and the girl who dresses like a kid for fun, would be 'Lollipop Girl'. That's my opinion anyway and it does make sense.

Hmm, I never thought about that. But wait, didn't he say he was talking about Carolina, the hooker girl? She was too old so she dressed like a kid to get attention or something? And the girl in the blue is a 16 year old who does bad things when her parents are out......

at about 5:12 he talks about the song.

thanks for that link. :thumb_yello:

hmmm... i never thought of lollipop girl like that; becasue it was supposed to symbolise virgin girls or something like that (hence "lollipop") and not related to love today at all (it IS a totally different song.)

sooo yeah i htink the girl who dresses like a kid for fun is what mika talks about in that video link.

thanks for that link. :thumb_yello:

hmmm... i never thought of lollipop girl like that; becasue it was supposed to symbolise virgin girls or something like that (hence "lollipop") and not related to love today at all (it IS a totally different song.)

sooo yeah i htink the girl who dresses like a kid for fun is what mika talks about in that video link.

I stand corrected! But Mika's lyrics are so amazing, the way they spark these debates, and can speak to us all on many levels. Love Today remains my favourite of all Mika's songs, as it was the first one of his I really heard, and it made me want to find out about him...

And the rest is history.

Difference # 1

Songbook:

Gonna make you a lover

Booklet with CD:

A little tight,

Like to tease for fun

Gonna make you a lover!

Difference #2

Songbook:

Big bust on

Booklet with CD:

Big bust on

Difference #3

Songbook:

Booklet with CD:

I've had the same problems! But I always sing the way it writes in the booklet. And about the "girl in the blue with the big bust on" I always sing "in the BLUE",not "groove",cuz I noticed when Mika sings that he clearly says "blue"...hope that helped :wink2:

Oh and also,I found a few times in the songbooks/intenet lyrics some really ridiculous mistakes...which Mika doesn't sing that way for sure.:bleh:

everyone says "Licks her lips like there's something other." but i say "on them" Wouldnt that make more sense?

I always say "Licks her lips like they're someting other" and I think those lyrics are the correct ones...:wink2: