The Australian Thread: Part Eighteen

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Accidently Kelly street was my highlight. :naughty:

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I need to punk up by next Saturday ft. Punk friends birthday and being in the presence of about 100 mohawks. None of my old clothes fit or look good enough anymore, so I need to design that Tartan Dress I spoke of making a few months back. Except, Tartan is rarely at my spotlight. But there is a grey tartan print. Anyway, rambling out loud here. But has anyone seen any nice dress designs lately? *bolds part that matters*

I could go as myself, but I absolutely adore punking it up like the old days *pbs*

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I need to punk up by next Saturday ft. Punk friends birthday and being in the presence of about 100 mohawks. None of my old clothes fit or look good enough anymore, so I need to design that Tartan Dress I spoke of making a few months back. Except, Tartan is rarely at my spotlight. But there is a grey tartan print. Anyway, rambling out loud here. But has anyone seen any nice dress designs lately? *bolds part that matters*

I could go as myself, but I absolutely adore punking it up like the old days *pbs*

:roftl: 'Accidently Kelly Street' is also a fave of mine too !!

On the subject of 'fashion' .... I have it on good 'reco.' that pinafores are coming back in to fashion... so a grey tartan pinny ...over smth. black or white ... anyway, one solid colour ... & you'll be not only hawt :naughty: .. but also the belle of the ball !!! :wub2:

EDIT: ... & then punking it up after that is easy !! :naughty:

Edited by happikali

hahaha! The pinafores. :bow: Mother Melzy has one and I call it her maternity dress. Great idea. It will cover my winter love handles.. :naughty:

I'll never be the belle of the ball at these partys. :no: I only have my ears pierced :wink2:

But it shall be awesome. Now what do I buy a 35 year old that wants to be Batman? :lol3:

I'll think of something..

Rage has gone a bit mellow.. *yawns*

Hi Aussies :wub2:

I haven't posted here before... but since I just came back from one of the best gigs ever... I thought I would share the joy with you..

Saw Kylie last night... she put on a great - correction - an amazing show! :punk:

she made every Aussie proud :thumb_yello: what an artist... what a show...

OH! Acca Dacca!! And I'd just turned off the TV.

Heya Wendy! :sneaky2::wub2:

Goodnight HK!

I'm going as soon as these pics finish uploading. it's been going forever.

But, I can leave a few here now. I did some screencapping today.

so, Hey Silver... *cough* I mean Dances.. Lookie here.

vlcsnap-373448.png

vlcsnap-79993.png

vlcsnap-377763.png

vlcsnap-380073.png

Hmmm, there's still another 27 to upload, but I think I'll leave it for now. Enjoy.

Goodnight!

I haven't posted here before... but since I just came back from one of the best gigs ever... I thought I would share the joy with you..

Saw Kylie last night... she put on a great - correction - an amazing show! :punk:

Hey Racha! :wub2: Nice to see you!

I want to hear all about it. :das:in the morning when I wake up :naughty:

Hi Kelzy...

:wub2:

I will write a detailed review.. I just don't know where to post it... :blink:

are the pictures posted from the DVD?

You could do it in the other artists section, or right here since I think 99% of us will read it. :wink2:

Yeah, they are from the DVD. My usual way of screencapping didn't like the DVD's quality. :sneaky2: So, I had to use something else. Still got some nice pics. About every 10th one.

Ok, *leaves* damn teenagers keeping me awake so late last night.

To all Kylie lovers...

I am not a HUGE fan of Kylie... I like her and enjoy her music... I think she has a great sense of fashion and she has been rejuvenating her career constantly by being creative and innovative.. and that's what attracted me to go to her gig.. and so I did last night... and she did not disappoint her fans...

there were many people from all around the world at the gig...

The gig was amazing... the effort done behind the production is massive and very tasteful..

she started a little slow in the beginning - singing songs from her latest album... the wardrobe and choreography was nice.. but she kept it simple.. then by the 4th song, everything changed.. and the backdrop monitor, the dancers and the whole stage changed completly...

the animation used in all of her songs was amazing.. very well done and in line with the songs ..

the dancers were excellent... and she danced and kept her voice steady at all times...

her clothes were cute and each time she changed her wardrobe it was withing the theme of the section she was presenting...

the over all show was very theatrical.. and very artistic...

she even used pictures from Pierre et Gille during of the songs.. I am a huge fan of these two photographers... and it seems so is she... and if I am not mistaken I think I have seen her portrayed once in one of their exhibitions in Paris..

I had an excellent view as we had VIP ticket (equivalent to golden cage) so we were very close to the stage)... though it was a little too crowded for me to dance... so we moved a little to the back to have more space to shake out hips... and I suggest whoever wants to see her does the same...as most of the songs she sings are "dance" and very few "slow"

those who might not be lucky to get front seats/location, will be just as happy... cause the way the show is done is good enough for people to see the over all picture and audio visual experience... the huge monitor behind the stage changed periodically with every theme... and there are many dancers and so much happening on stage.. that it would be a good idea to be a little far to see it all happening... (I personally do not regret moving back a little to enjoy it)

she interacts with the crowd every now and then... but not mika style... but just as good...

the show was fancy.. she sang 2 songs that I haven't heard before... she also sang a song that I know in French... and her accent wasn't that good :naughty: but I guess she likes the whole European French appeal in her show..

there wasn't one theme in the show... but many... and that's what made it dynamic... a nice surprise was her version of Copa Cabana.. which was well choreographed..

I was very impressed with the dancers, her live performance (her voice was good), her choice in songs was mostly from her latest CDs and not many from her old stuff... until the end when she asked us what song would we like to hear... and to our surprise she sang "I could be so lucky" which was a great blast from the past..

the crowd was great.. they sang along.. and there was a moment when some where even singing the theme song from "neighbors" :naughty:

the overall experience is amazing... she obviously out a lot of effort in the audio-visual side of the show... the whole mix of wardrobe,dancers, animation in the background, the music... it was full of glam... just make sure you have enough space to dance along... :thumb_yello:

n657860323_4763311_6748.jpg

n657860323_4763336_3923.jpg

n657860323_4763329_1639.jpg

Oooh yes, I get it. Everybody run away when Bianca comes in. Everybody pretend we are not here so she will go and do some study.

WELL! Well ... I'll ... I'll just go and do some study then! *hmph*

Has she gone yet? :roftl:

But more importantly - I'm jealous you got to hear Kelzy's accent : sneaky2: I've supposedly had: chkn:with her and Twatty and I've never even heard their voices.

You don't have to talk during :chkn:

I forgot to photoshoot my bag!!!

Ambrose looking concerned next to my bag:

P1070965.jpg

Ambrose worried that he might get stuffed into bag

(:wub2:That's my grandson, you know)

This is my 4000th post!!!!

Congrats CD - 4000 posts :yay:

Now what do I buy a 35 year old that wants to be Batman?

A Bat Utility belt (bound to be into DIY at that age)

I'm going as soon as these pics finish uploading. it's been going forever.

But, I can leave a few here now. I did some screencapping today.

so, Hey Silver... *cough* I mean Dances.. Lookie here.

vlcsnap-380073.png

Hmmm, there's still another 27 to upload, but I think I'll leave it for now. Enjoy.

Goodnight!

What do you mean, you think you'll leave it for now :sneaky2:

Slack.

It's raining on my tin roof ... & I'll now take the opportunity to go to bed ... & to sleep ...listening to it ... :wub2:

G'night ... :huglove:

It's raining on my tin roof

The raindrops beating down

Drowning out my heartache

My tears don't make a sound

I listen to the raindrops

And cry into the night

Hoping that that the morning

Will bring me some respite

Sheesh you peeps can talk.

Mika4Life13 - cute lolcat.:naughty: But more importantly - I'm jealous you got to hear Kelzy's accent :sneaky2: I've supposedly had:chkn:with her and Twatty and I've never even heard their voices. :naughty:

I know, I have admired her for so long, seen her on webcam did lesbo gabbly sesshunnns to freak out DC (waaaay back) and I've never heard her accent!

I am addicted to her accent, I'm waiting for her to come on and BEG for her to go on msn and talk to me, it was awesome :wub2:

Except my parents kept coming in and saying "G'DAY SHEILA!"

I think the other person was a wee bit rude... I mean it was quite obvious you were putting your daughter in the car... and last time I checked, it was a two handed job (unless you've suddenly grown another hand!)

And proud of it!

Same here! Which one do you want?

That would be nice... they thought it was a good idea to limit the characters in a sig, but I think it would be better to limit the size of a picture... and to make the avatar limit bigger...

Awwwwwwww... they look so cute together!

Wow... that's pretty sad... did she end up with someone else after Anthony died?

At least you've seen the movie... we get it after the 4th of December...

You know, now that I think about it, I think you're right... I think I saw that ep (I have a feeling he was in Mikey's team)...

I'm not sure what he's doing now... I think he was writing another book at one stage... he is working, just not sure what he's doing...

That's pretty damn slack... you would think she'd be a bit more understanding about you not going to her party because your brother died... cow...

yayness!

Nice! I wish Orange people would learn to park properly, and not park across two car parking spots (or as I call it, a Vanette park, after my aunt who couldn't park her 4wd one time about 11 years ago)...

I thought he was alright, but now I'm starting to like him a lot... he's absolutely adorable... especially when he say slag mole bitch under his breath...

I just love the fact that they're all still very good looking 20 years later!

:doh:

That's right... we might have to do similar vids in GC...

Fricking cold!

We had snow and sleet today!

it snowed in a couple of villiages out of town, and was sleeting most of the day... it was about 5 degrees...

I had a kid at 12...

Hey! I was catching up on my MQs...

You had a kid at 12, neeks?

Haven't you heard her speak before in Christmas videos ft my lipsynching :fisch:

I just saw the "We wish you a mika christmas and a raffa new year!" one but there was so many of yous. :shrug:

Why won't this weekend end? :crybaby:

Yesterday someone ran into my car while I was at the supermarket and left a huge dent in it and then just drove away... The dog threw up all over the carpet, twice... Husband decided to be angry at me all day because I bought the DAAS DVD and he was supposedly planning on getting it for me for Christmas, even though he had never mentioned it and he never ever gets me anything without asking first to make sure I want it... Then there was a party next door that kept me awake all night and now I wake up to discover that my bathroom is full of ants for some reason. At this rate by the end of the day all my teeth will have fallen out, my house will have collapsed and Luke will have won Australian Idol. Hooray :(

I think I will try to sleep all day.

I never knew that.

Me either. This will make life mush easier :blush-anim-cl:

Well, lets just say my normal handwriting doesn't look quite like that either

:naughty: Yes, but at least you can tell that you wrote actual words and you can even tell what they are. Mine generally look like I've vomited a rainbow over the cake.

Yeah, exactly. At first I was a bit "wow, harsh", but that's because the first post I read today was RH saying her and MF had asked about the tree ages ago .. but then I saw it was today. Honestly, we have been talking about the tree almost nonstop for at least the past week, and it has existed in non-image form basically as long as the Aussie thread. Maybe you could have had extremely odd timing and completely missed all mention of it, but surely you have noticed that almost everyone here goes back and reads every single thing that has been posted every day? You don't have to do that, but it's kind of expected you at least read back a few pages to see what's going on.

I've read page and pages back and I still have no idea what's happening :crybaby:

...But that's just me. I'll catch on, one day.

You know, now that I think about it, I think you're right... I think I saw that ep (I have a feeling he was in Mikey's team)...

Yep, I'm almost certain he was on Mikey's team but other than that I don't remember any details. I think it was when it was still on the ABC, before it became the Sandman variety hour on Channel 10.

I thought he was alright, but now I'm starting to like him a lot... he's absolutely adorable... especially when he say slag mole bitch under his breath...

I always liked him but there was never a point that he was my favourite. At first I liked Tim best and as I got older it changed to Paul but with Richard I always just felt bad for him because the other two were so horrible to him all the time :naughty:

I'm looking forward to watching the DVD to see if & how my opinions of them have changed over the years.

I read somewhere that a person went backstage after a DAAS show and Paul was shy, quiet and very polite (which I've heard before), Richard was a real ladies man and quite sleazy (never heard that... though I wouldn't mind him hitting on me) and Tim was "very gay"... though if you go purely on what they're like on stage, Tim's sexually abiguous, Paul's an angry little man and Richard's stupid and can't stand like a man (which is a bit of a laugh considering that came from Tim... he's the one prancing around like a girl!

i've heard plenty of times that in reality Paul is very shy and Tim acting "gay" doesn't sound very surprising but sleazy Richard is hilarious. I cannot imagine that considering the way he is on stage. It would be so strange to see him charming the ladies :naughty:

I love that song :wub2:

:bye: I don't think I've met you before... So, hi. Nice to meet you :thumb_yello: