The Australian Thread: Part Eighteen

Rainbow Sky

Guess what, guess what, guess what?

I just joined the Wes Carr Official Forum:boing:

They don't have anywhere near as many smilies over there. However will I cope? (and this is coming from a girl who uses hardly any compared to the rest of you:naughty:)

It's only been going for about 4 or 5 days... and I am member number 70!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remembered... Wendi, I'm so sorry to hear about your freezer. What a bloody nuisance and an inconvenience, not to mention a completely unwelcome expense at this time of year. Has it snowed there yet? No chance you could stick all your perishables out in the yard somewhere in a basket or something and let the snow keep them frozen?:naughty:

You've reminded me of an Oldling moment I had on Monday night. I took meat out of the freezer and put it in the fridge... The next morning I went to heat some milk up in the microwave.... and found the meat in there on a plate, all defrosted. I could have sworn I'd put it in the fridge, but obviously not. And they're not near each other, one is across the kitchen from the other! :doh:

Thanks CD - believe me it IS cold enough to store the stuff outside.

I still have snow and the temperature has not raised above freezing

today. My problem is I don't know how long it has been defrosted for

as I had not been in the freezer for days!!

I have Oldling moments like that quite often!!! :naughty:

Brandon who? Not from 90210? ick.

Or do you mean Brandon Lee, because he was amazing. I guess they wouldn't be long enough ago for a mechanic to be named after them though. Would be cutting it close.

Brandon Lee. More of a trainee mechanic.

mmmm pancakes :licks_lips:

Ditto (esp ft maple syrup)

I am basically inlove with artsyfartsy17.

We would never have guessed :fisch:

My goodness, post number 8888. I feel I should do something significant with this.

Umm

Er

:blush-anim-cl:

:fisch:

How about (no, that would be stupid)

Or I could talk about :no:

Hmmm

Lovely weather for the time of year

:bleh:

We would never have guessed :fisch:

Sorry, I had a great conversation via phone with her yesterday.

:wub2:

"people are liars, one even said i was beautiful!!!!"

"You are beautiful, you're a hot blonde!"

"Aww...lies."

"I'm not lying, you are!!"

"..."

I think I screwed up my MQ so if there are quotes attribute to the wrong person. Sorry!

Kitten Kong! And the "Ecky Thump" martial arts one

:punk:

Showdown at the OK Tearooms :bleh:

Not really fair on the kids though. Round our way that was a phase of naming children after film stars - so now we have Clint (the window cleaner) and Brandon (mechanic).

I haven't noticed that trend here too much, although to be honest I haven't paid too much attention :naughty:

I have noticed quite a few Kylies born around 1987 & '88 though :naughty:

I seem to remember he was an alien

Woo hoo! *wins*

Not naming kid after an alien. Ever. :groupwave:

hahah! I loved Bill.. hmmm.. Strange that.

I can't remember that one! lol!! You must've dreamt it.

I love Bill now :wub2:

Actually I love them all now... But Graeme is still a bit creepy.

Noooo! I can't have dreamt it! It was so cool.

But you're probably right :(

That's just stupidity. Poor kids. *Calls welfare*

Well, I like the name John. "Jon" to be exact.

My brother and father have the same name too. I'm glad I got something different. No other Kelly's in my family. And my middle name is french. (Named after some cricket player apparently) But we're not french. I think mum (who is irish) named me in spite.

Dad must've wanted something German.

And Mum said "noh noh noh. We'll call her *Verbal diarrohea*"

Quite. Wish I could remember the third kid's name... I now he didn't get of any better than his brothers though, they all followed the same formula First name= Ok, don't remember that one but 2nd name= writer 3rd name= weather phenomenon 4th name= Musician. Why, I have no idea. Cruelty perhaps.

Jon is my choice of spelling too :thumb_yello: ...But that's my Dad's name (with an H) so I'd never ever use it because he's an ass. His name never got confused with the other Johns in the family though because he always went by his middle name.

Brandon who? Not from 90210? ick.

Or do you mean Brandon Lee, because he was amazing. I guess they wouldn't be long enough ago for a mechanic to be named after them though. Would be cutting it close.

Oh yeah... I presumed Silver meant Brandon Lee which is cool but now you mention it, there did seem to be a lot of baby Brandon & Dylan's around in the early 90s. Poor kids :puking:

Yes it's a pretty strong word but I do feel strongly about these people. They're two-faced, hypocrites, gossipers, people who go out of their way to catch you unawares, people who you can never please but the smallest thing can make you fall out of their favour. They spend all of their energies (and money) on maintaining their facades. I don't know why my parents even bother with them, I guess they just feel obliged to remain connected to their community.

Hate isn't to strong a word for people like that. I know plenty of people like that, my Aunty ans Step mother spring to mind and I can easily say I hate them (and I don't hate many people). People like that need a good punch in the head.

I hope you survive them... Or better yet, find a way to avoid them!

Yeah, they are going!!!!!!!!!! Yuck! Pink.. ewww. Who does that??

I'll look at more, eventually. Now that I've seen one I'm more keen.

I haven't seen the photos seeing as I am not on AMF (Didn't know it even existed until right this minute) :blush-anim-cl: But based on the description alone, I am with you. Pink bathroom fixtures are the last thing I'd want to be waking up to every morning :blink:

Guess what, guess what, guess what?

I just joined the Wes Carr Official Forum

They don't have anywhere near as many smilies over there. However will I cope? (and this is coming from a girl who uses hardly any compared to the rest of you

It's only been going for about 4 or 5 days... and I am member number 70!

I still haven't heard the studio version of his single *is lazy*

What's it like?

Also, with the smilies, do what I do. Yoink them from other forums or smiley sites and keep them in photobucket for those times when the forum smileys just don't cut it.

bolt.gifyahoo.gifexcited-1.gif

Too much time on my hands, perhaps.

Argh! It's 10.20!!!

I have to be at a picnic at 11 and I'm still in my jammies and Daniel is still asleep :crybaby:

I thought it was only about 9.30.

Stupid pregnancy brain has obviously kicked in early this time.

Better go and get dressed :shocked:

Bye!!!

:bye:

Argh! It's 10.20!!!

I have to be at a picnic at 11 and I'm still in my jammies and Daniel is still asleep :crybaby:

I thought it was only about 9.30.

Stupid pregnancy brain has obviously kicked in early this time.

Better go and get dressed :shocked:

Bye!!!

:bye:

Bye :bye: - I'm off to bed anyway :naughty:

I am basically inlove with artsyfartsy17.

And me. :wink2:

Mmmmm Brandon Lee...

Mmmmm Maple Syrup

My goodness, post number 8888. I feel I should do something significant with this.

Umm

Er

How about (no, that would be stupid)

Or I could talk about

Hmmm

Lovely weather for the time of year

:roftl:Congrats!!!:roftl:

Sorry, I had a great conversation via phone with her yesterday.

"people are liars, one even said i was beautiful!!!!"

"You are beautiful, you're a hot blonde!"

"Aww...lies."

"I'm not lying, you are!!"

"..."

Hot Blonde.

I haven't noticed that trend here too much, although to be honest I haven't paid too much attention

I have noticed quite a few Kylies born around 1987 & '88 though

And Jason. :rolls_eyes:

Quite. Wish I could remember the third kid's name... I now he didn't get of any better than his brothers though, they all followed the same formula First name= Ok, don't remember that one but 2nd name= writer 3rd name= weather phenomenon 4th name= Musician. Why, I have no idea. Cruelty perhaps.

errghhhh..

Oh yeah... I presumed Silver meant Brandon Lee which is cool but now you mention it, there did seem to be a lot of baby Brandon & Dylan's around in the early 90s. Poor kids

I wonder how many Mika's there'll be now.

Which reminds me, I'd never heard the name Mika before, until our Mika. But now I see it quite often. Had anyone else ever heard Mika/Mica before?

I haven't seen the photos seeing as I am not on AMF (Didn't know it even existed until right this minute) But based on the description alone, I am with you. Pink bathroom fixtures are the last thing I'd want to be waking up to every morning

Oh, we might need to do something about that then.

Also, with the smilies, do what I do. Yoink them from other forums or smiley sites and keep them in photobucket for those times when the forum smileys just don't cut it.

*random smileys*

Too much time on my hands, perhaps.

Some of us do that too. :naughty:

Morning all... I am disappearing back to my room to hide soonish because dad is in cleaning mode

But I shall emerge for the putting up of the Christmas tree which we are supposed to do today

Hey Becster! I rearranged half of my bedroom last night. I just have to clean up the other half. But I was so pleased with myself because I didn't find any spiders. But then, this morning I looked over and just by my bedhead was a decent sized one. *shudders* I thought of you. Anyway today we also are doing the Christmas tree.. apparently.

Hey Becster! I rearranged half of my bedroom last night. I just have to clean up the other half. But I was so pleased with myself because I didn't find any spiders. But then, this morning I looked over and just by my bedhead was a decent sized one. *shudders* I thought of you. Anyway today we also are doing the Christmas tree.. apparently.

So the spiders hid to map an all out assault on you ft spider by your bedhead :shocked:

Well done on rearranging it.

Dads putting the tree together now (we have a fake one, that is beginning to look a bit scraggly) so soon it will be decorating

So the spiders hid to map an all out assault on you ft spider by your bedhead :shocked:

Well done on rearranging it.

Dads putting the tree together now (we have a fake one, that is beginning to look a bit scraggly) so soon it will be decorating

Yep. I named it Bec and squished it. *zhhz* I know I should remove it, but at 9am, and after the horrible feeling that it might have crawled over my face and in and out of my mouth I didn't have that much kindness. :naughty:

I'm sick of holidays. :naughty:

You need a hobby. :roftl:

I'm sick of holidays. :naughty:

Tv show marathons... they are the answer to the holiday blues. May I recommend Gilmore Girls

Yep. I named it Bec and squished it. *zhhz* I know I should remove it, but at 9am, and after the horrible feeling that it might have crawled over my face and in and out of my mouth I didn't have that much kindness. :naughty:

:shocked: so you squashed me in spider form :shocked:

The squashing was justified though, it clearly violated the personal space rule.

And now our tree is decorated, in an excess of purple, blue and silver. Will photoshoot laters.

Brother Becster v.2 violated tradishun and did not help with the tree, or put on the tree topper which is the role of the youngest in the house at the time, so brother becster v.1 had to do it. :sneaky2:

You need a hobby. :roftl:

I think I do. I was planning on practicing piano a lot these holidays so that I can actually be prepared for an exam for longer than a couple of days before it's due to happen. But I'm beginning to think otherwise. :naughty:

Tv show marathons... they are the answer to the holiday blues. May I recommend Gilmore Girls

Haha, yes. I've had House marathons in the holidays before. One of my plans for these holidays is to watch my top ten favourite movies for ten to one. I'm also going to be reading a bit. I've just started 1984 (even though I bought it about 2 months ago) and I have Atonement sitting on my record player, waiting to be read.

But I can't be bothered to do any of those generally non-strenuous tasks at the moment. :naughty:

Haha, yes. I've had House marathons in the holidays before. One of my plans for these holidays is to watch my top ten favourite movies for ten to one. I'm also going to be reading a bit. I've just started 1984 (even though I bought it about 2 months ago) and I have Atonement sitting on my record player, waiting to be read.

But I can't be bothered to do any of those generally non-strenuous tasks at the moment. :naughty:

I have alot of reading as well, which I keep procrastinating. Top 10 movies sounds fun though.

I'm also working on a gigantic cross stitch (which was incrediably ambitious of me) and talking about making a fruit cake (which I would need clean dishes for... problem)

Excellent recommendation.

so you squashed me in spider form

:cheerful_h4h:

The squashing was justified though, it clearly violated the personal space rule.

Exactly.

And now our tree is decorated, in an excess of purple, blue and silver. Will photoshoot laters.

Brother Becster v.2 violated tradishun and did not help with the tree, or put on the tree topper which is the role of the youngest in the house at the time, so brother becster v.1 had to do it.

Naughty BV.1

Ours is up and running. We normally don't do it until around the 20th.. :fisch: but because of that it doesn't come down until mid-January. :naughty:

I forced Mother Melzy to stick with minimal decos. So it's Silver, Gold and a little Red this year. I wanted it to be a, pretty & b, easy to pull apart.

I think I do. I was planning on practicing piano a lot these holidays so that I can actually be prepared for an exam for longer than a couple of days before it's due to happen. But I'm beginning to think otherwise. :naughty:

You don't want to practice so much you hate it. Get out and do something you wouldn't normally do.

Like I said in not too obvious English "get out of the house" :naughty:

And it's oh so quiet.. Shhhhh Shhhhh.. It's oh so still.. Shhhh Shhhhh.. You're all alone.. Shhhhh Shhhhh.. and so peaceful until..... :dance_man:

You don't want to practice so much you hate it. Get out and do something you wouldn't normally do.

Like I said in not too obvious English "get out of the house" :naughty:

:naughty: Thanks for the hint. But I don't know something that I wouldn't do. :emot-sad:

Any suggestions? I'm so boring.