Australia

mandilambi

australia_movie.jpg

australia-movie-poster.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05zTnDTpbHI

I have been looking forward to this movie ever since I heard about it and I was finally able to see it this morning!

I absolutely loved it... The fact that Baz is my favorite film director had a lot to do with why I loved it, honestly. Much of himself came through in the film and I was really pleased with that. I thought the story was really compelling despite how long the movie is.

The storyline between Nicole and High was all I hoped for. I also loved the overall storyline of the "I will sing you to me" line, which was recurring throughout the movie. Oh, and my appreciation for Hugh went through the roof today. He is such a handsome, dreamy man! *sigh*

Anyway...I loved this movie and was glad that the high hopes that I had weren't dashed today. I have loved every movie Baz has made and I am glad to see that he still takes his time to make truly epic films.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!....and when you're finished with that, rent "Strictly Ballroom," "Romeo + Juliet," and "Moulin Rouge" for good measure!

:wub2:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen it yet but the cinematography (which was done by a friend of my sister) is supposed to be amazing, in the style of epics like Lawrence of Arabia. That and the fact that it's directed by Baz Luhrmann, stars Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman, and is set to the backdrop of the stunning Aussie outback are reason enough for anyone to go see it. :thumb_yello:

You're too right - the cinematography was stunning and certainly epic. Of course, being a Baz film I was yearning for him to have loads of vivid colors everywhere, but knew that wasn't going to happen with this film. It was stunning the way it was.

Although, I did notice he used dark red in some scenes (Nicole's dress and a curtain at one point), which pleased me cos dark red is such a signature with him....at least to me. :)

I saw this yesterday and loved it so much. A friend next to me, who isn't a movie cryer, was in tears because of some of the scenes.

Planning to see it again this Friday :thumb_yello:

And I loved the "I'll sing you to me" parts as well.

It's a great movie, and definately worth seeing

australia_movie.jpg

australia-movie-poster.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05zTnDTpbHI

I have been looking forward to this movie ever since I heard about it and I was finally able to see it this morning!

I absolutely loved it... The fact that Baz is my favorite film director had a lot to do with why I loved it, honestly. Much of himself came through in the film and I was really pleased with that. I thought the story was really compelling despite how long the movie is.

The storyline between Nicole and High was all I hoped for. I also loved the overall storyline of the "I will sing you to me" line, which was recurring throughout the movie. Oh, and my appreciation for Hugh went through the roof today. He is such a handsome, dreamy man! *sigh*

Anyway...I loved this movie and was glad that the high hopes that I had weren't dashed today. I have loved every movie Baz has made and I am glad to see that he still takes his time to make truly epic films.

GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!....and when you're finished with that, rent "Strictly Ballroom," "Romeo + Juliet," and "Moulin Rouge" for good measure!

:wub2:

*giggles at Strictly Ballroom*

I remember hearing people refer to that as Strictly Bedroom... don't ask :blush-anim-cl:...

I want to see it.. .but seeing as I live in the so called outback, it probably won't come out for another week or so...

Apparently part of the story is about Aboriginal children being taken from their parents...

For those who don't know: During the earlier part of last century (up until about the 60's I think), Aboriginal children were taken from their parents and put into white families... they were basically made to disown their Aboriginal heritage and 'become' white people... the children taken from their parents were referred to as the stolen generations...

I'm not exactly an expert on the stolen generations, but I think Kelzy knows more than me...

*wants to eat bickies with Hugh*

Apparently part of the story is about Aboriginal children being taken from their parents...

For those who don't know: During the earlier part of last century (up until about the 60's I think), Aboriginal children were taken from their parents and put into white families... they were basically made to disown their Aboriginal heritage and 'become' white people... the children taken from their parents were referred to as the stolen generations...

I'm not exactly an expert on the stolen generations, but I think Kelzy knows more than me...

It continued into the 1970's. And it was mainly children of mixed Aboriginal-British heritage who were taken from their families and forced to assimilate into White Australia.

*giggles at Strictly Ballroom*

I remember hearing people refer to that as Strictly Bedroom... don't ask :blush-anim-cl:...

I want to see it.. .but seeing as I live in the so called outback, it probably won't come out for another week or so...

*wants to eat bickies with Hugh*

LOL I <3 Strictly Ballroom...or Bedroom... It''s such a fun movie. :)

You're right it is about the stolen generations. It also included some of the Japanese invasion. So there is definitely some historical value in the movie.

I saw it again last night with my friend Kenton. Thankfully he liked it a lot...I was worried he would hate it!

I cried again...especially during the ending. I realized half-way through the movie that Nullah reminded me of someone but I couldn't figure out who. I eventually discovered he reminded me of a little boy I used to take care of a childcare center where I worked. I had a really close relationship with him and cried almost out of sheer longing to see him again. I miss him very much.

Yeah, three times... I saw Moulin Rouge five times when it came out in theaters, so maybe I should just make a tradition of this when I see Baz's movies in the theaters. :)

I do plan to see it on Sunday with my mom, though...and maybe once more for good measure. Hope you enjoy it when you go see it!