Mika Blu-Ray PULLED!

erosatire

I live in the USA and was excited to order my copy of Live Au Parc Des Prince on Blu-Ray...but Amazon.com now says the title has been "discontinued by the manufacturer." :-(

Does anyone know why? I'm guessing the Regionless PAL version available in the UK won't work on my equipment...

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the USA and was excited to order my copy of Live Au Parc Des Prince on Blu-Ray...but Amazon.com now says the title has been "discontinued by the manufacturer." :-(

Does anyone know why? I'm guessing the Regionless PAL version available in the UK won't work on my equipment...

oh no! that's bad news!

i ordered the standard version about three weeks ago, and it said that it was being released on december 2nd. of course, now they sent the email that in fact it was being released on the 16th, which we already knew, i had just hoped that maybe it would be released on the 2nd. :naughty:

This thread was about the Blu-Ray edition. It is true that there are TWO regular versions (including an Amazon.com Exclusive Deluxe Edition] that are available for pre-order. The Blu-Ray version still comes up if you search for "Mika blu-ray" but with the explanation that it has been "discontinued by the manufacturer."

So...has anybody tried playing the PAL DVD in a PS3 aimed at a NTSC TV?

As far as we can tell, the DVD is playable in all regions -- it appears to be

coded Region 0, which would allow it to be played everywhere. :thumb_yello:

Good thing for us then!

I know you guys said it's released in the US on the 16th (which is weird cause it was released here on the 17th of November or something... OMG, maybe he cares a lot about us Aussies! :naughty:), but I have to wait till Christmas for mine...

UPDATE:

The Amazon.com site in the U.S. is once again offering the Blu-Ray release!!!!!

The release date is Dec 9th.

In the meantime, I ordered the UK version (Regionless, PAL). Surprisingly, it plays perfectly on my PS3 and Sony LCD (NTSC) TV (both purchased in the U.S.)

Woohoo!!!

I picked up a Blu Ray disc in the UK last week and it works on PS3 in Canada. :thumb_yello:

Yes, does it ever! :punk: And a big "thanks" to Christine... :wub2: ... as zoots, closetmikafan and I were able to finally have the experience many of you in Europe and Australia have been posting about for weeks.

But it was so crystal clear that it gave Christine a headache last night. :boxed:

Not for me, I'm fine with regionless NTSC. *shrug* But I have a collector (read: OMPS :naughty:) friend who would prefer PAL.

Ah. :naughty:

As far as I know the ones coming out of the UK are NTSC. Some are being advertised as PAL but that's not what the package says.