my parents are kicking me out!

cheeseygoodness

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

W H A T :shocked:

my brother told me, that my dad told him.

:sneaky2:

:jawdrop:

But...why??

they were planning to downsize in 2 years, because my brothers are 23, 18, and i'm 20. according to them, we should be on our own by now, and need to move out. but 6 months is SO SOON :shocked:!!!

my best friend's parents are planning to seperate in 2 years, so i was going to move in with her and her mom. and her dad said that if i was kicked out before then, i could move in with them then.

i'll probably do that, or find a roomate at college, though i have no idea how can afford it. either way

I'M SO SCARED!!!!

:tears:

they were planning to downsize in 2 years, because my brothers are 23, 18, and i'm 20. according to them, we should be on our own by now, and need to move out. but 6 months is SO SOON :shocked:!!!

my best friend's parents are planning to seperate in 2 years, so i was going to move in with her and her mom. and her dad said that if i was kicked out before then, i could move in with them then.

i'll probably do that, or find a roomate at college, though i have no idea how can afford it. either way

I'M SO SCARED!!!!

OMG Alex! I hope that you can move in with your friend and her mom. That is SCARY!!! I know - if my parents kicked me out right now.... I don't know WHAT I would do! :shocked: There is NO way I could make it on my own. But, the GOOD thing is -- there is ONLY you to take care of. It is MUCH easier not having any children in the situation! TRUST ME! When I was 19 and got kicked out -- I had 2 KIDS to try and take care of all ALONE! It was HORRIBLE! BUt, it made me the person that I am today! You just have to make the BEST out of what EVER life throws at you! I wish there was something I could do!

OMG Alex! I hope that you can move in with your friend and her mom. That is SCARY!!! I know - if my parents kicked me out right now.... I don't know WHAT I would do! :shocked: There is NO way I could make it on my own. But, the GOOD thing is -- there is ONLY you to take care of. It is MUCH easier not having any children in the situation! TRUST ME! When I was 19 and got kicked out -- I had 2 KIDS to try and take care of all ALONE! It was HORRIBLE! BUt, it made me the person that I am today! You just have to make the BEST out of what EVER life throws at you! I wish there was something I could do!

i can't even imagine what i would do if i had kids! :shocked::boxed:

i'll probably just move in with my friend's family, and of course pay some rent. but it's better than moving in with some stranger and having to pay for rent, electric and water bills, and groceries. i would have NO money for my phone, car, or insurance :blink:

i can't even imagine what i would do if i had kids! :shocked::boxed:

i'll probably just move in with my friend's family, and of course pay some rent. but it's better than moving in with some stranger and having to pay for rent, electric and water bills, and groceries. i would have NO money for my phone, car, or insurance :blink:

TELL me about it! NOW you see what I go through -- and WHY I never have any money! LIFE IS HARD! Growing up is NO fun at all! I want to be carefree again!

Sounds like a good thing - if you can move in with your friends family.

I would NEVER want a roommate -- had one ONCE, it NEVER works out for very long. :mf_rosetinted:

I'M SO SCARED!!!!

:boxed:

I would be scared too! I'm almost 25 and still living with my parents... No way I can afford living on my own! And I'd be terrified if I had to! :boxed:

Good luck! :huglove:

I hope you can live with your friend, I'm sure you'll manage to find a way of paying them, until you can find a place of your own! :thumb_yello:

TELL me about it! NOW you see what I go through -- and WHY I never have any money! LIFE IS HARD! Growing up is NO fun at all! I want to be carefree again!

Sounds like a good thing - if you can move in with your friends family.

I would NEVER want a roommate -- had one ONCE, it NEVER works out for very long. :mf_rosetinted:

i can definitley understand your situation! when you old me your story, i was like :shocked::tears:

i know, i'm soooo grateful that i have her :wub2:

i wish i had my 2 years though :thumbdown:

you had a roomate?:blink:

you had a roomate?:blink:

I wish you had your 2 years too -- that would be ideal!!!!

Yes... I did ---

I was 19 with 2 kids and I worked at Burger King AND K-Mart for goodness sakes -- I could not MAKE it with 2 jobs :blink:

I had a male roommate - and he did NOT want to pull his share .... so what was the point. NOT COOL :no:

I wish you had your 2 years too -- that would be ideal!!!!

Yes... I did ---

I was 19 with 2 kids and I worked at Burger King AND K-Mart for goodness sakes -- I could not MAKE it with 2 jobs :blink:

I had a male roommate - and he did NOT want to pull his share .... so what was the point. NOT COOL :no:

oh my god, that's awful! i really don't want to have to get a second job because even if i CAN go to school, there's no way i would be giving my 100%

that's what i'm SO afraid of with roomates! :shocked:

oh my god, that's awful! i really don't want to have to get a second job because even if i CAN go to school, there's no way i would be giving my 100%

that's what i'm SO afraid of with roomates! :shocked:

Tis true! You have to be careful .... cause people now-a-days just want to take such advantage of you! Plus -- it is JUST weird living in the same house with a 'stranger' .... THANK GOD Austin is almost ready to get a j o b! :naughty: He will be taking care of me! :mf_rosetinted:

sorry to hear that, i don't know what would i do if my parents want me to move:shocked:(i'm not leaving with them though i'm leaving in a house they own. and even though i'm working my mum is still supporting me (financially):blush-anim-cl:)

in here kids live with their parents till they get married:roftl:

or they want to move out themselves.

parents never ask them to go.:blink:

well,you still have 6 months..

i hope you can sort everything out!good luck:flowers2:

sorry to hear that, i don't know what would i do if my parents want me to move:shocked:(i'm not leaving with them though i'm leaving in a house they own. and even though i'm working my mum is still supporting me (financially):blush-anim-cl:)

in here kids live with their parents till they get married:roftl:

or they want to move out themselves.

parents never ask them to go.:blink:

well,you still have 6 months..

i hope you can sort everything out!good luck:flowers2:

oh, you're lucky! i wish my parents supported me. i've been buying my own things since i started working.

mostly, it's the same here! my dad lived with his parents until he got married. it's allll my step-mom. she's french, and her mom kicked her out when she was 18, so she thinks it should be the same for us. we are not her :sneaky2:

she literally is the cause for all the problems.

oh, you're lucky! i wish my parents supported me. i've been buying my own things since i started working.

mostly, it's the same here! my dad lived with his parents until he got married. it's allll my step-mom. she's french, and her mom kicked her out when she was 18, so she thinks it should be the same for us. we are not her :sneaky2:

hmm.. step mum,i get it now.

can't you guys make your dad change his mind?

it would be nice if they supported you untill you finish your education at least:sad:

THAT really does SUCK!!!! It is ONE thing when YOU are the cause of things .... it is a whole NOTHER thing when it is someone else! :sneaky2:

I am the ONE who messed EVERYTHING UP ... getting married at 16 ..... SO I had NO ONE to blame but MYSELF -- made it a bit easier .... But your situation is far different... it is not FAIR the influences that she has -- THIS is NOT France it is AMERICA .... and things should NOT be done in AMERICA as they are in FRANCE! S U C K S.....

*why can't SHE see that?*

hmm.. step mum,i get it now.

can't you guys make your dad change his mind?

it would be nice if they supported you untill you finish your education at least:sad:

i doubt it. we have a 4 bedroom house now, so when we move out, they only need a 2 bedroom, and that's a big difference money wise. there's no way of talking my dad out of it since it's my step-mom that's controling him. if i had my 2 years, i'd be finished with college! i might be able to talk him into paying for that, otherwise i'm sooo screwed.

THAT really does SUCK!!!! It is ONE thing when YOU are the cause of things .... it is a whole NOTHER thing when it is someone else! :sneaky2:

I am the ONE who messed EVERYTHING UP ... getting married at 16 ..... SO I had NO ONE to blame but MYSELF -- made it a bit easier .... But your situation is far different... it is not FAIR the influences that she has -- THIS is NOT France it is AMERICA .... and things should NOT be done in AMERICA as they are in FRANCE! S U C K S.....

*why can't SHE see that?*

oh man, oh man!

i've talked to my dad about that and he said he knows it's not france, and he says he's talked to her about it, and look what happens.

i'm not even going to bother fighting it with them. i'll just discuss it with my dad to see if i can pay rent or something. i pay for my food and everything else, so there's no difference.

my parents are moving into a smaller house in JUNE, and they're not going to let me live there! :shocked:

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?! :shocked::boxed::tears:

AWw, Alex, that really is hard. My in-laws did the same thing to my BIL,

but I think he was a couple years older than you are. They wanted him to

get to be more independent, but it doesn't sound like that's what's happening

in your case. :(

As Holly said, weathering this will make you stronger, for sure -- I hope you

can figure out a way to stay with your friend, until you're able to to

strike out on your own. I wish you a lot of luck! :huglove:

AWw, Alex, that really is hard. My in-laws did the same thing to my BIL,

but I think he was a couple years older than you are. They wanted him to

get to be more independent, but it doesn't sound like that's what's happening

in your case. :(

As Holly said, weathering this will make you stronger, for sure -- I hope you

can figure out a way to stay with your friend, until you're able to to

strike out on your own. I wish you a lot of luck! :huglove:

thanks deb! :huglove:

they already gave us a test of independence when they made my younger brother and i move out for a month, and we didn't even have a car :shocked:

i hope holly is right, then.

I seriously HOPE that just sitting down and talking with your dad will make SOME sort of a difference! Explain to him that you would be MORE then happy to pay rent, and totally take care of all your needs and expenses .....

you just need to finish with college - and THEN you can start your independant life.... OH I hope he will understand! YOU are trying to do something FOR yourself, so that when the time comes you ARE able to take care of yourself and stand on your own two feet! *He has to understand that point of view -- he JUST has to*

I seriously HOPE that just sitting down and talking with your dad will make SOME sort of a difference! Explain to him that you would be MORE then happy to pay rent, and totally take care of all your needs and expenses .....

you just need to finish with college - and THEN you can start your independant life.... OH I hope he will understand! YOU are trying to do something FOR yourself, so that when the time comes you ARE able to take care of yourself and stand on your own two feet! *He has to understand that point of view -- he JUST has to*

i hope that works, he needs to see how much this will put me back; financially and in my education.

but it's not JUST his deciscion, it's also hers :sneaky2:. if it were just my dad, there wouldn't even be a problem.

i hope that works, he needs to see how much this will put me back; financially and in my education.

but it's not JUST his deciscion, it's also hers :sneaky2:. if it were just my dad, there wouldn't even be a problem.

I know! But, daddy needs to put his big boy pants on and realize this is a decision that impacts the LIFE of his own flesh and blood... and use his authoritive MANLY voice.. in this case. Maybe you should buy your daddy some big boy pants for Christmas - since he does not have any :naughty:

:newyear:

I'M SO SCARED!!!!

Whoa... that totally sucks! I was half out of my parents house at that age... then again I was at uni and was coming back each weekend to work...

Have you spoken to your parents about it? Maybe you could work something out... Our you could ask them how they think they would cope in your position... either way, I suggest you harass them so they give you loads of house stuff and help you out with money and such... And start saving your dollars girl! You'll need it!

I hope it all goes well and you can move in with your friend though...

:boxed:

I would be scared too! I'm almost 25 and still living with my parents... No way I can afford living on my own! And I'd be terrified if I had to! :boxed:

Good luck! :huglove:

I hope you can live with your friend, I'm sure you'll manage to find a way of paying them, until you can find a place of your own! :thumb_yello:

I know what you mean Mary... I'm 25 too... though I moved towns for a few months earlier in the year... I was very lucky that mum and dad let me come back... though they had my older brother come back too...