my parents are kicking me out!

cheeseygoodness

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to hear what you're going through, but maybe you should just talk about it with your dad. I mean, maybe they just don't want to move into a big house knowing all their children will be gone in a few years time and they'd then need to move again?

Is there no law that protects children in America? When I left home (and I left quite voluntarily, I was the same age as you and I was still at college) my parents legally had to cover a part of the costs until I was done with my studies... There must be similar legal arrangements in the US, no? :blink:

Aww I'm really sorry to hear that Alex. :no:

They're probably just doing it for your own good (as parents seem to do a lot). They might just want to see if you can handle being on your own and if you can't they'll most likely let you come back. Who knows, maybe you'll really like being on your own. Or round up some friends and share a place. :wink2:

I hope everything works out okay. :huglove:

I moved out at 16 and LOVED it! Then I moved home again for a short time and then out again at 20. I'm home again now after 9 years living on my own, and I miss my own place but can't afford something atm. Anyway. Don't expect the worst. I'm sure if you aren't coping your parents won't just ignore you and let you die hungry...

Give it a chance.

Riverstwilight has made some good points.

On the plus side you have 6 months to figure things out. I know people who were kicked out of home with no notice while they were in university and found a way to manage. Hopefully with the time you have you'll have a good chance to make arrangements and save up.

It won't be easy, but it's possible. Good luck.

my brother told me, that my dad told him.

:sneaky2:

they were planning to downsize in 2 years, because my brothers are 23, 18, and i'm 20. according to them, we should be on our own by now, and need to move out. but 6 months is SO SOON :shocked:!!!

my best friend's parents are planning to seperate in 2 years, so i was going to move in with her and her mom. and her dad said that if i was kicked out before then, i could move in with them then.

i'll probably do that, or find a roomate at college, though i have no idea how can afford it. either way

I'M SO SCARED!!!!

:tears:

Alex!

I wish you could come live with me!

But you'd have to move to the other side of the world :(

My heart goes out to you hun!