The Portuguese Thread - Part 2,5

Mary

She doesn't. But "O Inglês é a língua oficial aqui do fórum!" can sound sarcastic, liliana. I think that's why she said that ! :wink2: *goes back in The French-Speaking Thread*

(Hello Slavaniet :bye:)

:shocked::shocked:

I’m starting to be afraid of MFC… I always speak in English and I’m against speaking in other languages!

It’s just a fact… how a fact can sound sarcastic?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm very bad at languages, i'm just an interpreter after all, but if it wasn't sarcastic, i'm sorry, it was just HUMOUR. :wink2:

I wasn’t sarcastic or joking!

No in fact the second part, about FD, was sarcastic to me.

But maybe I see jokes where there aren't any.

Oh and yes I don't speak Portugues, that's true, but I can handle it as far as the verb "to be" is concerned, and easy words that are common in all latin languages ;)

It’s an advice… it’s not good to use online translators. (And I'm not being sarcastic)!

Freddie is English, right? Should I answer him in Portuguese? When I went to the Spanish thread I wrote in Spanish… I don’t know what I can say more!

:naughty: I'm here hun, desculpa não ter respondido antes, estava tentando responder um monte de coisa junta desde ontem, minha cabeça tá um nó que só vendo :blink:

Lucyyyyyyyyyyy *agarra e não solta*

Sumiu de repente ontem!!!! :sneaky2:

I wasn’t sarcastic or joking!

It’s an advice… it’s not good to use online translators. (And I'm not being sarcastic)!

Freddie is English, right? Should I answer him in Portuguese? When I went to the Spanish thread I wrote in Spanish… I don’t know what I can say more!

I'm a translator/interpreter for hell's sake, I never used an online translator in my life, and will never do. The fact you tell me to stop speaking French before stating that since FD was english you had to adress him in english WAS, imo, paradoxal and could be seen as sarcastic. Your later comment about online translators and me being stupid enough not to understand a simple phrase in portuguese was almost insulting. You don't need to be that agressive. :blink:

*tiptoes into the room*

I hope that my post won't offend anyone...It's said in good faith :thumb_yello:

This is turning into a bit of a Falcon Crest :roftl:

Go to the naughty corner, you.

And no Mikagasmic threads for you during 2 weeks.

Bad girl. :thumbdown::naughty:

I'm outta here too, but I'd advice everyone here to think twice before jumping at people's throats. We came here to solve a drama which was caused by a misunderstanding. Next time, PM people before it's too late, or PM us mods.

*tiptoes into the room*

I hope that my post won't offend anyone...It's said in good faith :thumb_yello:

This is turning into a bit of a Falcon Crest :roftl:

It didn't offend me :wink2:

I found some truth there like I did in other posts relating to this mess...:naughty:

Good evening

Ok NOW I feel like I've got to step in.

I don't understand Portuguese, but I've asked people what have been said and I must say I'm a bit puzzled and disappointed.

What is all this chaos about?

I have a general feeling that everything started on a misunderstanding and that none of the people involved tried to put themselves into question so far.

So here are my remarks, if they're a bit blunt, sorry in advance, but as a mod, I need to say things clearly.

First of all, whatever might have upset Lucy is no reason for overreacting in such a way. She hadn't disappeared, she was on invisible mode. Would have been nice to admit it when things got out of control.

I didn't know that, as i don't know how to get invisible or see the ones who are...

Secondly, there's no need to be talking about people giving names, especially in a language they don't understand. If an argument started in english in the migasmatic thread, it would have been fair to fix it there. No need to take it to another thread. If you start citing people's name in portuguese, they will get paranoid. Anyone would. And once paranoia settles in, everything gets misinterpreted and words like "estupido" or whatever take a very different meaning.

I explained that before to u...

Thirdly, I don't understand the accusations according to which we mods wouldn't interfere since the persons involved are our friends. I'm deeply hurt by this. And I'm sorry if all of us weren't online at 4am, we happen to sleep, sometimes :naughty: I personally PMed people, I asked for explainations, for translations, so do not think mods don't care.

I didn't say that, i said FD was their friend so he wouldn't criticise them, for being their friend he would know them better and consider it silly and irregardless, which is normally what we do when we know people we always say oh i know her she isn't doing it on purpose just kidding!

This is not offensive is a constataion of facts....

Next, I don't see what some members might have written or done in the past has to do with this. It adds nothing to the present debate, and when tensions have built up between two members, I'd like them to fix them in private, no need to throw oil on the fire.

Last, I don't think sara's intervention was the best option. Nor do I think reacting badly to it was either. Objectively, both sides are totally overreacting.

I will now ask everyone to calm down. But if you feel like more things have to be said because you need to take them off your chest, I would like you to do it so in english, and calmly. If we all take a deep breath and relax, I'm sure we can fix this.

Sorry I crashed .. not "run away"

To clarify it was stated in this thread who I was "friends" with .. who is it for the MFC to decide? , we have rules and procedures and I would act on them :thumb_yello:

It was a comment, not criticising your actions as a mod, which i never did, as i had no reasons to...

I wasnt even on the MFC or posting and someone was making my mind up!! :boxed:

The other post was a comment ..... personnel info should be personnel .....its a statement not directed at everyone ..

Also why is it stated that posts would be deleted if nothing was wrong?

I DIDN'T DELETE OR THOUGHT ABOUT DELETING ANY POSTS...

CHECK YOUR THESAURUS AGAIN PLEASE...

The following doesnt make the slightest mention to delete (besides its on page 307 yet so it was not deleted!) :

tem nocao que arranjamos uma inimiga para a vida??? lol

ainda pra mais se sabe portugues tamos f......lol

(and please notice the lol so u'll know i wasn't that serious about the whole issue)__________________

I'll be staying for a while to discuss it to whoever wants to discuss it, other that i am gone...

I give up!

Boa noite a todos!

Boa noite a te!

It didn't offend me :wink2:

I found some truth there like I did in other posts relating to this mess...:naughty:

You are being funny aren't you :naughty:. Veru naughty :roftl:. Mala, mala :bleh:

Vocés vao continuar a falar inglés? lol

Até isto acabar ou se resolver ou toda a gente se fartar, sim!:naughty::wink2:

Mas ainda vou falar português também tá descansada... Mas como os outros não percebem português, ha´que respeitar..

Até isto acabar ou se resolver ou toda a gente se fartar, sim!:naughty::wink2:

Mas ainda vou falar português também tá descansada... Mas como os outros não percebem português, ha´que respeitar..

nao sei mas acho que ja foi resolvido !!

o respeito é de respeitar o tread penso eu !

Ja vistes se eu for para os outros treads falar portugués acho que isso é falta de respeito :naughty::naughty:

nao mas é pior que na televisao :roftl:

Não se preocupem!

Pela minha parte, aqui acabou a conversa, e voltou-se ao português e às brincadeiras do costume!

Se alguém levar a mal, que diga!

Cibele, não te assustes! E não fujas! :naughty:

nao sei mas acho que ja foi resolvido !!

o respeito é de respeitar o tread penso eu !

Ja vistes se eu for para os outros treads falar portugués acho que isso é falta de respeito :naughty::naughty:

nao mas é pior que na televisao :roftl:

Sim isso também, mas como nós às vezes também invadimos outros threads...:blush-anim-cl: Pelo menos eu e a Lucy!:naughty:

é:roftl:

Sim isso também, mas como nós às vezes também invadimos outros threads...:blush-anim-cl: Pelo menos eu e a Lucy!:naughty:

é:roftl:

Mas pelos vistos não há problema, porque toda a gente percebe português.

Ah, vamos mudar de assunto, que eu já fiquei maldisposta com isto tudo!

Mas pelos vistos não há problema, porque toda a gente percebe português.

Ah, vamos mudar de assunto, que eu já fiquei maldisposta com isto tudo!

Pois, lá isso é verdade:sweatdrop:

É melhor, não és a única..:thumb_yello:

Que se fez hoje?