Tony Moore, Perfect and Beautiful...

… which is what his 2006 album was entitled :wink2: . He was kind enough to give us a free copy on Tuesday at the Bedford :huglove: .

Tony Moore is a fifty year old, looking ten years younger, musician whose clear singing voice sounds thirty.

He is a man of many talents.

A former Iron Maiden and Cutting Crew keyboard player, he then decided to launch a solo career.

He helps new bands make themselves known on stage at The Bedford, which he manages.

He hosted a music night show on TV.

He is a very eclectic musician and it's difficult to label Perfect and Beautiful : pop, rock, blues… you get the impression that he made it first and foremost to have fun ; if listening to it people have too, great, if they don’t, tough.

He's got just the right feeling for the blues and 'She's a dreamer' is a jewel :wub2: .

The musicians who took part in the venture are brilliant, so is the music, written, as well as the lyrics, by Tony on all tracks.

The disk is really good :thumb_yello: . So good actually that it's bound to have got a hate review by Gareth Dobson :roftl: ; must be somewhere on the Internet, unable to trace it so far but still looking :naughty:

If you didn’t know him, don’t miss him ; listen to his music, there are a few videos circulating and then buy his album.

If you did know him, what do you think ?

Thanks again, Tony, for a magical night !

Marie-Thérèse

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice try :thumb_yello: but the MFCers who read your post probably went on utube, saw Tony :shocked: and that was that : here we like hairy singers, hadn't you noticed before :wink2: ?

Cheers anyway,

Id3

so, i went to youtube and looked up tony moore.

he does have a beautiful voice and must give a good show

hair has nothing to do with it...

here is the youtube link for those interested

so, i went to youtube and looked up tony moore.

he does have a beautiful voice and must give a good show

hair has nothing to do with it...

here is the youtube link for those interested

Thanks!

It's so good when somebody posts a link when you're lazy!:roftl:

Piano version:

I always have a soft spot for piano….:blush-anim-cl:

Btw, Malta is a really exciting island, love the place!:wub2:

And everybody speaks English!

I am so incensed, and so disappointed :sad: in you, girls !

Here I am, starting a new thread on a very talented musician, people just browse through it and don’t post…

But should a personable male MFCer add a comment and then you post like mad. That’s what I call first degree chauvinism !

I made an understandable mistake when I told you that Tony Moore is 50, he was born in October 1948, which makes of him a 60 year old guy looking 40 and thus easily mistaken for his own son.

How dare he be older and look younger than I do ? Come to think of it, I hate the guy, but then the borderline between love and hatred is very thin indeed, as we all know…

A crush on Tony :blush-anim-cl: ? How can I help it ? He is such an adorable man !

We had booked a table ages before the gig because being very short I tend to see only the audience’s butts at gigs and that, flying over nearly 900 miles, I thought I was entitled to that ‘just against the stage’ table.

We asked a couple of people where we were supposed to sit, the place is so friendly that folks act at home there, which is very nice.

After a couple of ‘Sorry, love, I don’t work here’ , somebody pointed at Tony, who was trying to eat his yummy pasta in peace and quiet and I asked him ‘Do you work here ?’, which was a bit like seeing St Peter at the pearly gates and enquiring ‘Are you the porter ?’ :roll1: .

But he was not haughty just sweet ; actually, some people here, who think they are so important, might be a little more like him, that would be lovely :wink2: .

Thanks for the link :huglove: , I couldn’t find ‘She’s a dreamer’ on the Internet though, which is a pity as in my view it is his best song, so bluesy it makes your knees buckle. Well, mine do, that's for sure.

About the ‘hairy’ issue.

Although the Lord is becoming balder by the minute :shocked: he’s still got a much better head of hair than Tony, no question about it. But the latter’s chest carpet can compete with the former’s hairier periods :drool: , not so dark of course, but nobody’s perfect.

If one of you can explain to me in a pm how I can put a picture on my wall to replace the question mark (I wore a dress with a question mark in front, that night, nudge nudge), I would put the photo of Tony hugging me on Tuesday 24th… so that everytime I log in I will see it.

Thanks in advance,

Marie-Thérèse

Wow, Tony has really won you over. I can't say he had such an impact on me. :naughty: But he did seem like a personable friendly person for sure.

If one of you can explain to me in a pm how I can put a picture on my wall to replace the question mark (I wore a dress with a question mark in front, that night, nudge nudge), I would put the photo of Tony hugging me on Tuesday 24th… so that everytime I log in I will see it.

Thanks in advance,

Marie-Thérèse

Go to your User CP. There is a link in the above menu or you can just click here.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/usercp.php

On the left of the control panel is a link called Edit Profile Picture. You can click on the "choose file" button to upload the picture from your computer. The picture can't be more than 100 pixels wide x 100 pixels long.

Go to your User CP. There is a link in the above menu or you can just click here.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/usercp.php

On the left of the control panel is a link called Edit Profile Picture. You can click on the "choose file" button to upload the picture from your computer. The picture can't be more than 100 pixels wide x 100 pixels long.

Thanks a load :huglove: ! Will try it quite soon, definitely not today though, guests for lunch...

Two kinds of people impress me very deeply :bow: : tolerant ones and computer geniuses, because I am neither :naughty: .

I am happy to say that I have met many of the latter here, which makes me feel even more inadequate but I don't mind : I am not an envious person and I am most grateful to them for helping me out.

Thanks again.

Had a quickie through the Dublin (?) gig thread and think I saw a hint of the Spring acoustic tour going to America ? Makes sense, he is there and still gagging to be put on the US map :wink2: ...

So long,

Marie-Thérèse

Thanks again.

Had a quickie through the Dublin (?) gig thread and think I saw a hint of the Spring acoustic tour going to America ? Makes sense, he is there and still gagging to be put on the US map :wink2:

You're welcome.

It seems the American thing was a false alarm. It's Mika Miko, not Mika Mika :naughty:

I also love Tony with a passion he looked after me so well I thank him from the bottom of my heart. :wub2:

You guys have forgotten already????....RELAX was made with a sample of Cutting Crew's ...(I Just) Died In Your Arms....well that my dears was the group Tony was in!!!

He just doesn't have a connection to Fran Rodino he has a massive one with MIKA! :thumb_yello:

Such a small world we live in! :wink2:

xxx

I also love Tony with a passion he looked after me so well I thank him from the bottom of my heart. :wub2:

You guys have forgotten already????....RELAX was made with a sample of Cutting Crew's ...(I Just) Died In Your Arms....well that my dears was the group Tony was in!!!

He just doesn't have a connection to Fran Rodino he has a massive one with MIKA! :thumb_yello:

xxx

I must be tone deaf : I have tried and tried to hear the one when listening to the other and, no, sorry, couldn't :no: ...

Deafened by love :wub2: ? That would be a first, but then love's such a funny old thing :blush-anim-cl: !

Cheers,

Id3

xxx

Yep, after leaving Iron Maiden because he though they didn't have a future in the music industry :roftl: ... Good thing he has developped a better nose for talent now :wink2: ! Although his slight lack of judgement may have been a blessing in disguise : he is so good as a lead singer and songwriter, he deserved more than being any other stupid act keyboard player. Good for you, TM :thumb_yello: ! Unless the story is apocryphal ? Nope, impossible : Wikipedia told it to us and we all know that, like Larousse dictionaries, they never are wrong :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

Yep, after leaving Iron Maiden because he though they didn't have a future in the music industry :roftl: ... Good thing he has developped a better nose for talent now :wink2: ! Although his slight lack of judgement may have been a blessing in disguise : he is so good as a lead singer and songwriter, he deserved more than being any other stupid act keyboard player. Good for you, TM :thumb_yello: ! Unless the story is apocryphal ? Nope, impossible : Wikipedia told it to us and we all know that, like Larousse dictionaries, they never are wrong :naughty: .

Cheers,

Id3

'he thought', typo, which Wikipedia or Larousse would never have done.