The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed the new bday present thread while trying to find things to do to waste time and not get ready this morning, where they want to do an mfc guidebook. Now I'm not being anyways fangurly here (:naughty:) but some of you people should volunteer so the aussie thread gets represented in style :wink2: (I'm contemplating it just for that reason, but apathy/procrastination will probably win over)

I had already signed up to contribute smth. from the Aussie thread Bec ... haven't produced anything yet as Avoca wasn't certain about going ahead w/the guidebook idea at that stage ...plus I thought/hoped a few of us would contribute. :wink2:

The first idea I had, if I had the permission from Liz ... was to print out our front page, in full colour ... as an 'opener' for our Oz thread tour ... I'm sure Mika would love it !! :roftl: (If he hasn't read it already :naughty: ) Then ... perhaps we could explain some of our slang & in-jokes etc. ??

Thoughts ?? :original:

Hello All !! *waves*

It's about the life of the poet William Carlos Williams and an analysis of three of his poems and his style of poetry, etc.

The only thing I'm interested in is why his parents called him William Williams!

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I was thinking the exact same thing, I zoned out of the first sentence after you said his name and was just thinking about how I was going to question his parent's sanity in my reply :naughty:

Yes, well, I think we all know I'm the first to put my hand up for things that I will never follow through on, so someone should probably take over from me right now.

How's that petition book going, has ANYONE written about their area? I'm definitely not going first. *hmph*

Well, as long as everyone else comes up with ideas :naughty:

Yes, well, I think we all know I'm the first to put my hand up for things that I will never follow through on, so someone should probably take over from me right now.

How's that petition book going, has ANYONE written about their area? I'm definitely not going first. *hmph*

:blink: Did no-one see my post on the previous page re: my ideas ?? :blink:

:blink: Did no-one see my post on the previous page re: my ideas ?? :blink:

No? *goes to look*

I had already signed up to contribute smth. from the Aussie thread Bec ... haven't produced anything yet as Avoca wasn't certain about going ahead w/the guidebook idea at that stage ...plus I thought/hoped a few of us would contribute. :wink2:

The first idea I had, if I had the permission from Liz ... was to print out our front page, in full colour ... as an 'opener' for our Oz thread tour ... I'm sure Mika would love it !! (If he hasn't read it already :naughty: ) Then ... perhaps we could explain some of our slang & in-jokes etc. ??

Thoughts ?? :original:

Hello All !! *waves*

What the hell, I swear half your posts are dissapearing and then re-appearing. I never saw the wheeler and whollie song either. :tears:

Yeah I think we should definitely incorporate the front page in.

In my head it seems like a BRILLIANT idea to have a big explanation of the thread and all the various in-jokes (we really do have some weird ones) but in the end we haven't actually explained any of them, so the reader walks away with a "um ... huh?" interpretation. Yes. That is a genius idea, I vote we do it. Explaining in-jokes is boring and never funny. Not explaining them is also boring and not funny, but at least it's different :lmfao:

Daylight savings changes for us this w/end.

And thanks for looking back & commenting ... :cheerful_h4h:

Ohhh, okay, how does it change? It will go back an hour, right? Hm. Becuase I want to record a kooks show off the radio and it will be at 5pm EST Sunday. Which would now be 2pm here, but now it will be ... um. My brain isn't working. 3pm?

Of course. It's weird, because I always read every post. And then I'm so confused that I miss really obvious ones. Like the song too, I don't know how I skipped over that :blink:

Edited by Oakie Doke

Ohhh, okay, how does it change? It will go back an hour, right? Hm. Becuase I want to record a kooks show off the radio and it will be at 5pm EST Sunday. Which would now be 2pm here, but now it will be ... um. My brain isn't working. 3pm?

Of course. It's weird, because I always read every post. And then I'm so confused that I miss really obvious ones. Like the song too, I don't know how I skipped over that :blink:

The clock will go back 1 hr. :thumb_yello:

I used to always forget & then an American friend told me the way he remembers is 'Spring forward & Fall back' !! I always remember now !

I understand ... that can happen. Tho' you did 'hahahahaahaha' at the song at the time ... :wink2::naughty:

Rightio ... I'm off to bed . *huglovebye*

Daylight savings changes for us this w/end.

And thanks for looking back & commenting ... :cheerful_h4h:

Us viccys can blame the Grad Prix for that. Heaven forbid we confuse the poor revheads on grand prix weekend by changing the clocks so its no longer dark in the mornings :eyeroll: