The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished my 4 lesson plans, and since that was the work I set myself for this weekend I fell pretty happy *pbs*

Now I should attempt to keep up with my philosophy readings.

But first I have to go to spotlight to pick up some of those little yellow easter chickens for one of the tasks I'm doing, and either make some paper baskets, or get some cheap baskets

shunnedt™ lyk purple braR* for who ever wrote it *zhhz*

*points at DC*

*gets accused of assuming it's always DC*

*doesn't back down on saying 95% probability it was DC* :teehee:

Afternoon all, and evil chickens.

Did you get the present sorted?

I got her chocolate. Can't even go wrong with chocolate :cheerful_h4h:

Wow, it's been dead in here.

I did indeed, and so did the customers - especially the one who had an argument with me and left the store in a huff.

Yes it has. Where do you work?

God dammit the library's database search is completely down and I have a review essay due tomorrow THAT I NEED TO RESEARCH FOR :mad3: Does anyone go to Maquarie university here? I don't even know where it is. Gah, I found a relevant artilce on googlescholar but you can only see it if you have a maquarie log in, what **** is that, it's a uk article?

*laughs manically*

It wouldn't even let me report that the ****ing library site is ****ing broken.

Aborted Redirect:

A redirect to problem_response.html was ignored due to errors/warnings occurring.

Runtime Errors/Debug:

In EDO Chunk file:/cwis/prod/library/lib/edo/mail_tmpl/mail_tmpl.edo...

#74 Error: Problem sending E-mail to libhelp@murdoch.edu.au!

Howdy all. It's my daughters 4th birthday tomorrow, and I've just been icing cupcakes for preschool! Fun, fun, fun! (And I'm not being sarcastic either, I actually really enjoy doing cupcakes.)

Yep, I changed my doodads. I decided it was time for a change, I'd had the siggy in particular for ages.

Hi CD - I'm on Twitter now :bye:

Woohoo! I might even get lured back....

I'll go check the twitter thread and see if you've put your twitter name on it....

Howdy all. It's my daughters 4th birthday tomorrow, and I've just been icing cupcakes for preschool! Fun, fun, fun! (And I'm not being sarcastic either, I actually really enjoy doing cupcakes.)

Yep, I changed my doodads. I decided it was time for a change, I'd had the siggy in particular for ages.

Woohoo! I might even get lured back....

I'll go check the twitter thread and see if you've put your twitter name on it....

:roftl: Hi there Chicka-cupcakes-dee !! :bye:

Dunno if Silv.has done that there ... but she is on my list of followers/ees ! :wink2:

Arguing with customers is fun! :naughty:

The important this was, were you right?

I wasn't. But I convinced the boss that I was. :naughty:

God dammit the library's database search is completely down and I have a review essay due tomorrow THAT I NEED TO RESEARCH FOR :mad3: Does anyone go to Maquarie university here? I don't even know where it is. Gah, I found a relevant artilce on googlescholar but you can only see it if you have a maquarie log in, what **** is that, it's a uk article?

Oh ****. Is there any other way to access journal databases without searching for the journal in the library database?

Oh ****. Is there any other way to access journal databases without searching for the journal in the library database?

It's still (apparently) possible to search individual databases, but I've always used the "library portal" where it automatically searches them all but just in your chosen subject area, so I really don't know which databases cover which kinds of topics. I'm trying to make do with googlescholar (with highly variable fulltext-accessability) and searching what appear to be 'general' databases. And I can't find that one I found on googlescholar before :boxed:

It's not going exceptionally well finding anything else wither, I'm supposed to be talking about recent developments in welfare, and all I can really find is a few people whining about there being no good research into that. :boxed: I've just found ONE about improving water quality, and I've found a really good article about ll sorts of genius ideas, but it's just on a random website (whales7.tripod.com, of all urls). It's sooo good, I could reference it for my whole essay but it isn't a reference. Highly frustrating. It's clearly a proper peer-reviewed journal article but without library portal I can't find a proper reference for it at all.

I've been searching the guy who wrote the tripod-site article, because I think the title is wrong, because it doesn't make grammatical sense. What I get is a LOT of articles abotu how he released some dolphins from a lab. And when I search his name as the author I get ONE article by him, in which he explains an invention he has come up with, a genius swimming suit that replicates dolphin fins to make you more stremlined or something. This guy is a crackpot :naughty:

Okay so I'm going to use the unreferenced guy as the main argument of my entire essay. fantastic. Oh well. I've got the essay planned now so I'm going to start writing and not sleep until it's finished (which means I probably wont sleep tonight)

I'm here because I think I will need someone to read it and tell me if they understand wtf I'm on about before I hand it in, because last time I did and essay like this it turned out after I handed it in that I didn't explain my conclusion well enough for someone else to understand. So if anyone (silver?) cares to pop in tomorrow monring (the essay is due at 12) to read it over, then I would love you forever and ever, it's only going to be like 2 pages :thumb_yello:

(And I care so much about this essay because the person with the highest mark gets a proper actual Animal Welfare Award, and I really really want it)

I finished my 4 lesson plans, and since that was the work I set myself for this weekend I fell pretty happy *pbs*

Now I should attempt to keep up with my philosophy readings.

But first I have to go to spotlight to pick up some of those little yellow easter chickens for one of the tasks I'm doing, and either make some paper baskets, or get some cheap baskets

Easter chicks ! Pretty! :naughty:

shunnedt™ lyk purple braR* for who ever wrote it *zhhz*

*points at DC*

*gets accused of assuming it's always DC*

*doesn't back down on saying 95% probability it was DC* :teehee:

Is that one of your made-up statistics? :blink:

Aaah ... OK ... :thumb_yello:

Wow ... that's a fair while to be w/out work ?? :blink:

That's what I thought, too. And surely you would forget what you had learned in the interval?

I hadn't left my address - but I see you'd found it anyway:naughty:

Okay so I'm going to use the unreferenced guy as the main argument of my entire essay. fantastic. Oh well. I've got the essay planned now so I'm going to start writing and not sleep until it's finished (which means I probably wont sleep tonight)

I'm here because I think I will need someone to read it and tell me if they understand wtf I'm on about before I hand it in, because last time I did and essay like this it turned out after I handed it in that I didn't explain my conclusion well enough for someone else to understand. So if anyone (silver?) cares to pop in tomorrow monring (the essay is due at 12) to read it over, then I would love you forever and ever, it's only going to be like 2 pages :thumb_yello:

(And I care so much about this essay because the person with the highest mark gets a proper actual Animal Welfare Award, and I really really want it)

Well if it's done in time for me to take a look, I will. But will I understand what it's about anyway:naughty:

Easter chicks ! Pretty! :naughty:

Is that one of your made-up statistics? :blink:

That's what I thought, too. And surely you would forget what you had learned in the interval?

I hadn't left my address - but I see you'd found it anyway:naughty:

Well if it's done in time for me to take a look, I will. But will I understand what it's about anyway:naughty:

I've been away from the comp. .... but ... YAY Silv. !!! :biggrin2: