The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

(and I'm glad I was told this by you and not by my Dishpig's mothah, whom I'm seeing next week. It just doesn't do to appear a twit in front of the *sort of* in-laws.:blush-anim-cl:)

:shocked:

Can I be a sort-of bridesmaid? :naughty:

Evening everyone. My allergies kicked in today. :mad3: They're not supposed to come until at least May...and it was really bad...I took a Clarityn and it didn't help a smidge. Way to ruin an otherwise perfectly good day. :thumbdown:

It's funny...when I look forward to the summer, I always conveniently forget about the hayfever bit...without fail...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And, Beeyankar, the answer will come.

Soooo, it turns out the granny flat is taken :naughty:

It is a tough choice, isn't it?

I have been gorging myself on colorful and leafy things for two weeks now in hopes of getting some health benefit, but the most noticeable effect is the poops. I'm tired of sipping Pepto Bismol every night.

Plus, I have a daily women's multivitamin. It doesn't mean I don't need to eat healthy at all, but perhaps I could lessen up on eating flora if I'm taking that?

I think fruits provide more than just vitamins. Of course, I have no idea what they do provide because despite studying nutrition in great detail at the moment, cows, horses, pigs, dogs, cats and chickens don't eat fruit :naughty:

OMG.

I do that too!

For weeks, I thought I was going batty, setting it to the perfect time and then not waking up.

Silver's right, as long as it's loud enough to wake you up from farther away, putting away from the bed is the best option.

Guh, we suck at life :naughty: How hard is it to become conscious when there is a loud sound in your ear? Okay, I will try it then.

I have lived in many shared houses in my time ... & for the most part have found them really rewarding & enriching experiences

When you say you don't want to live with strangers, do you mean you would have to share a room, or just a house?

Because I can personally say that, being terrified of strangers myself, I have proudly managed to survive nearly a full school year in a house with three complete strangers.

But I had my own room.

Even then it can be hit and miss, and the idea of sharing a room with a complete stranger gives me the shivers. But one thing that shy people (myself included) always underrate is that after that initial awkward period (not sure how long yours usually is; mine's usually two months or so), strangers aren't really strangers anymore.

They might not be someone you like, and that's where the hit and miss part comes in, but at least they're not a stranger.

I read Hk's and went "Psht, what does she know, she isn't burdened with crippling shyness", and then I read Artsy's and went 'Wooow, she knows what she's talking about, yay! Maybe it'll be alright!" :naughty:

I'd definitely have my own room, I'm even more protective of my privacy. Hmm, okay then. Well, I have no choice, it's a room or nothing now.

Wowza, that's expensive.

Is that first one your job?

If not, do you have a job? Or some unused time in your schedule that could be committed to a job?

Even a modest couple of 6-hour shifts a week at a restaurant or drugstore or what have you would really make things easier for you. It'll probably mean a little extra petrol, and definitely mean less leisure and study time, but it'll really help when you've already used that $66 on food or a parking permit.

I don't have a job (well, I do, but it's infrequent and non-high-earning), that's what I'd get from welfare. I would like to get a job, but it's really difficult with this reccession business at the moment, I have been trying here for months. But I've stopped now because I'm moving so soon, and I can't apply for jobs there yet either because I still live too far away. Ugh. So I will try and get a job once I move, but that's easier said than done, I've found.

OK, I must have missed something somewhere... When did Bianca decide she was moving out? And why?

Also, hello Artsy. Long time no see. Perhaps you could try fruit and veges with less fibrous qualities? Not all of them give you the runs.

Oh well, you know I've known for like a year, as soon as the house gets sold I have to move, but there is a buyer now and the settlement is for the 12th of May. So the 12th of May I have to move by.

Oh yeah, fibre (or rather, the ratio of soluble fibre to non-soluble fibre) is what determines stool quality :naughty: (See, I pay attention in class! :naughty: .. when we're talking about poo)

Also, good luck with the no caffeine mission. Have you made it past the crying and shaking in a dark corner phase yet?

:roftl:

Edited by Oakie Doke

Hi Sen, Hi Silver, Hi HK (I don't knwo if you're there, but I'd better just in case :naughty:)

My friend is doing her scuba license, which has been our joint dream since we were 13, but her boyfriend's rich parents paid for it. Slag. Anyway, what was I saying? Right, we have also, since we were 13, had the intense fear/phobia of jumping off the pontoon at Rockingham beach when there are scuba divers learning just down from it, incase we would *insert scary horror music sound effects* ... land on a diver :shocked: (!)

And everyone thought we were ridiculous, but the point of the story is that she lost the group in her lesson and then surfaced ... directly next to the pontoon. Thus validating all our greatest fears.

Anyway, so this is the first room I have heard back from, but she seems a little bit pushy if you ask me :naughty:

2 bedrooms share house in a Spacious building!

close to bus route and all amenities!

This is a very quiet building, therefore we are looking for a quiet working individual or students!

Heat is included! Cat and dogs allowed (only)

Laundry facilities available!

You can contact me Ally at (allyevert1965@gmail.com)

Willing to negociate the rent with the prospective right future Tenant!

addtional

Facilities include:Concierge.TV,DVD,Music System (CD Player),Internet Connection,Heating and Air Conditioning Units,Dishwasher,Washing Machine /Dryer and Microwave.

allyevert1965@gmail.com

$120pw (15/3/2009)

Hello Bianca,

Thank you for a quick response.Here is the location of the house:Holland Street,Fremantle.Kindly visit the location and area of the house if okay by you get back to me if you are ready to fill the rent application form.I will be glad to read from you soon.

Best Regards.

Ally.

Great, now I know what street it's on, sign me up! :naughty: Also, I'm not 100% if "dogs and cats (only)" includes birds, I should probably ask. And Fremantle is even further away from Murdoch than Willetton, and there is really bad traffic coming in and out of Fremantle...

EDIT: Oh right, I've just remembered. Yesterday I googled that email, and the other ads they had up on various sites were selling british bulldog puppies in California and Alaska, wtf?

Edited by Oakie Doke

Must've been late, then. She must have conked out at the wheel.

Hiya CD!

I've been searching through low-fiber food and am going to try to be more selective. Thanks for the advice; never occurred to me that fiber would be the cause.

(and I'm glad I was told this by you and not by my Dishpig's mothah, whom I'm seeing next week. It just doesn't do to appear a twit in front of the *sort of* in-laws.:blush-anim-cl:)

And some of them are rather gas producing too:roftl: There's probably a good list somewhere on the internet. A relative of mine had to have a bowel procedure recently and had to be cleared out but with no residue left. She told me what veges she was allowed to eat but apart from potatoes, I don't remember the rest. But potatoes are very good for you.

Oh well, you know I've known for like a year, as soon as the house gets sold I have to move, but there is a buyer now and the settlement is for the 12th of May. So the 12th of May I have to move by.

Oh yeah, fibre (or rather, the ratio of soluble fibre to non-soluble fibre) is what determines stool quality :naughty: (See, I pay attention in class! :naughty: .. when we're talking about poo)

:roftl:

Holy crap Bianca! That's so soon! All the best with it. I can see you'll be spending the better part of your holidays trying to get the accomodation sorted out!

Holy crap Bianca! That's so soon! All the best with it. I can see you'll be spending the better part of your holidays trying to get the accomodation sorted out!

I have two exams directly after the break :naughty:

Also, the annoying thing is that I still have to look after my friend's live in vet position for three weeks in June, so I will be paying rent somewhere and not staying there :mad3: My dad said maybe the settlement could be pushed back to June, thus solving that problem and giving me much longer to find somewhere, but my mum is being a slag for no good reason other than being a slag.

Hello Auslings ! :bye:

OKD: Too much to MQ ... sorry ... :naughty:

Mondo eats raw fruit & veges ... :wink2:

Damn about the granny flat ...

Pssht ... how do you know about whether or not I'm shy (or have ever been ) ?? BTW ... you don't seem very shy to me at all !! :rolls_eyes:

ARTSY: Sorry ... it was late/early & I got into a rave in the Oldlings at that time ... :blush-anim-cl:

:huglove:'s to all !!

Pssht ... how do you know about whether or not I'm shy (or have ever been ) ?? BTW ... you don't seem very shy to me at all !! :rolls_eyes:

I don't, but I know Artsy is just as shy as me :naughty:

No more school!!! :groovy:

Yay! :groovy: Have you made plans for the holidays? :das:

Some of the time I love reading Satre. Its just the stuff I have to read at the moment, I find he explains it more simply elsewhere.

Being and nothingness may be his greatest work, but its his most confusing.

And Yes... except it wasn't crying it was headaches. As for the shaking,I skipped that part

I strongly sympathize.

Reading James Joyce's Ulysses at the moment. It's brilliant writing, but I got lost early and have rarely found my way back since then.

Can I be a sort-of bridesmaid?

Evening everyone. My allergies kicked in today. They're not supposed to come until at least May...and it was really bad...I took a Clarityn and it didn't help a smidge. Way to ruin an otherwise perfectly good day.

It's funny...when I look forward to the summer, I always conveniently forget about the hayfever bit...without fail...

You know you can. I'll be sending out sort-of invitations to everyone in the MFC and I expect you all to get into the states at least three weeks in advance for your sort-of dress fittings.

So you're not Clarityn Clear?:naughty:

I had to say it....

What about non-drowsy Benadryl?

Guh, we suck at life How hard is it to become conscious when there is a loud sound in your ear? Okay, I will try it then.

Seriously! Epic fail. That's why I want a Clockie.

I'd definitely have my own room, I'm even more protective of my privacy. Hmm, okay then. Well, I have no choice, it's a room or nothing now.

It'll be ok. I holed up in my dorm room for a month, only coming out into the kitchen when I knew the others were gone or asleep. It's definitely terrifying at first, but eventually, you start to relax.:thumb_yello:

I don't have a job (well, I do, but it's infrequent and non-high-earning), that's what I'd get from welfare. I would like to get a job, but it's really difficult with this reccession business at the moment, I have been trying here for months. But I've stopped now because I'm moving so soon, and I can't apply for jobs there yet either because I still live too far away. Ugh. So I will try and get a job once I move, but that's easier said than done, I've found.

Well, good luck to you!

There's not much here either. The best opening in the area is the Taco Bell across the street.:naughty:

Oh yeah, fibre (or rather, the ratio of soluble fibre to non-soluble fibre) is what determines stool quality (See, I pay attention in class! .. when we're talking about poo)

:naughty:

I wonder what kind of fiber is the stuff in Metamucil and Benefiber....perhaps I should buy a canister of one of those.

Hi Sen, Hi Silver, Hi HK (I don't knwo if you're there, but I'd better just in case)

My friend is doing her scuba license, which has been our joint dream since we were 13, but her boyfriend's rich parents paid for it. Slag. Anyway, what was I saying? Right, we have also, since we were 13, had the intense fear/phobia of jumping off the pontoon at Rockingham beach when there are scuba divers learning just down from it, incase we would *insert scary horror music sound effects* ... land on a diver (!)

And everyone thought we were ridiculous, but the point of the story is that she lost the group in her lesson and then surfaced ... directly next to the pontoon. Thus validating all our greatest fears.

Anyway, so this is the first room I have heard back from, but she seems a little bit pushy if you ask me

Great, now I know what street it's on, sign me up! Also, I'm not 100% if "dogs and cats (only)" includes birds, I should probably ask. And Fremantle is even further away from Murdoch than Willetton, and there is really bad traffic coming in and out of Fremantle...

EDIT: Oh right, I've just remembered. Yesterday I googled that email, and the other ads they had up on various sites were selling british bulldog puppies in California and Alaska, wtf?

Ooooh, scuba diving! I have a friend who is very into that. He has an underwater picture of him petting a fish.

:naughty:Yes, she does appear to be a little overbearing. Maybe she's had bad experiences in the past and just wants to be clear on the situation to avoid future problems.

I have a bad feeling that cats and dogs (only) means no birds. But check with her just to be sure.

California and Alaska? So random...

And some of them are rather gas producing too There's probably a good list somewhere on the internet. A relative of mine had to have a bowel procedure recently and had to be cleared out but with no residue left. She told me what veges she was allowed to eat but apart from potatoes, I don't remember the rest. But potatoes are very good for you.

Mmm.....I love potatoes.

I found a list online that said to avoid broccoli *gasp*, but definitely indulge in squash and zucchini *squee*.

I've been thinking of going vegetarian for a while now, but I need to balance this fiber thing first.

ARTSY: Sorry ... it was late/early & I got into a rave in the Oldlings at that time ...

It's all good. I was only floating in and out of threads at the time anyway.:thumb_yello:

No, but I do have his home number.

Do you now.....:das:

I strongly sympathize.

Reading James Joyce's Ulysses at the moment. It's brilliant writing, but I got lost early and have rarely found my way back since then.

Gotta hate when that happens, cos once your lost you tend to stay lost unless there's great effort on your part

I forgot to tell you all! Yesterday in assembly the drama class in my year did a little performance and they used 'Love Today'.

*Preppy girly squeal*

OOOHHH! who's :das: ????

I offered my crush my pencil sharpener today, biggest move since asking him if his lab exploded too :blush-anim-cl:

:naughty: You've never noticed us mention :das: before?

It's somebody. I do not have the authority to give out the information regarding his name (although I'm pretty sure some people already know it from my previous security lapses).

Aww! I hope he accepted your pencil sharpener. :naughty:

Arts, you can sort-of count on me being there for your sort-of wedding :naughty:

I haven't tried Benadryl, maybe I should. Reactine works sometimes...

So today, my hayfever vanished and left me feeling puky all day. Joy. And Franz has gone away for a week so I have no-one to complain to...:tears::naughty:

OH MY ****ING GOD, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME RIGHT NOW THAT THERE IS SOMETHING VERY TEMPORARILY WRONG WITH HOTMAIL AND I WILL HAVE MY EMAIL BACK VERY SOON AND EVERYTHING WILL STILL BE THERE!!!?!?!?!?!!?

It's telling me I don't have an email account, and asking me to sign up for one. I DON'T BLOODY WELL WANT TO SING UP FOR A NEW EMAIL, I WANT MY OLD ONE. No no no no no, where did it go? I have WAY too much extremely important information stored in my emails :shocked:

:naughty: My mum's grasp of the english language never fails to amuse me.

Bianca said:

is it possible to move the house settlement to june?

-----------

Klaaske says:

yes but your dad has to do it

Bianca says:

?

Klaaske says:

u ask me if the house seddlement gould be moved to june

Klaaske says:

what r u doing on sunday does ur dad take you to Mark or do u want to come with me , I can pick u up in the morning give me a time that is convinient to u

Klaaske says:

its Marks birthday

Klaaske just sent you a nudge.

Bianca says:

have you talked to mark?

Klaaske says:

no not yet

Klaaske says:

why

Bianca says:

because when we asked he said he hadnt decided if his party with his friends would be on sunday or saturday

Klaaske says:

wel if we yest come in the morning or afther noon that should not intervier with his party il ring him right now

I FINALLY UNDERSTOOD IT. On the bus today. I was just like " ..... .... OMG HOT CROSS BUNS, OoooooohooOOOOOoooooh!!!"

Better late than never...

The 12th is mum's b'day...

*Preppy girly squeal*

OOOHHH! who's :das: ????

I offered my crush my pencil sharpener today, biggest move since asking him if his lab exploded too :blush-anim-cl:

Mzee, has anyone ever told you that you're just too adorable? :wub2:

OH MY ****ING GOD, SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME RIGHT NOW THAT THERE IS SOMETHING VERY TEMPORARILY WRONG WITH HOTMAIL AND I WILL HAVE MY EMAIL BACK VERY SOON AND EVERYTHING WILL STILL BE THERE!!!?!?!?!?!!?

It's telling me I don't have an email account, and asking me to sign up for one. I DON'T BLOODY WELL WANT TO SING UP FOR A NEW EMAIL, I WANT MY OLD ONE. No no no no no, where did it go? I have WAY too much extremely important information stored in my emails

Mine works... It should still be there... I'll try sending an email to it, and if i get it back, then we'll know it's not there...