The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

I did some more on the petition book...

I'm using the info that Tan originally put together, so I have plenty for Melb and plenty for NZ, but that's it... I'll have ot scrape together something for Syd... unless you want to help...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn you!

Congratulations Tegan (ft. the above formatting and smileys)!

:roftl::roftl:

OMG...has anyone watched 'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist'??

This totally reminds me of that movie...it's so exciting!

No, what's it about/what happens that is similar to this?

Nick and Norashs infinite playlist plot is all set on a night where they are hunting for this band (name I can't remember) secret gig. They get a clue in a toilet stall, which leads to a false gig (artists switch) and then they get clues via the radio and lots of places.

So the hunt for the secret gig thing is very similar

Yes--where have you been?

He's not cute. He's :das;

True...:naughty:

Wow, good thing your dad went and checked, no matter how embarassing he was!

Translation: I have no clue what happened last night and GET ME SOME BLACK COFFEE :fisch::naughty:

Congrats on 10000 Teegs! :punk:

Just kinda.....away..:blink::naughty:

Gosh, who's seen Mirrors? Who likes scary movies? I recommend it, if you like being completely terrified for an hour and a half (or how ever long it goes), and then terrified of all reflective surfaces for the rest of your life. But really though, it was brilliant, watch it. Ambrose didn't like it much though, I kept waking him up by gripping him too tightly :naughty:

It was. Once in the count down, and once in the Jimmy Barnes "My first gig" with Neil Finn special afterwards. So close together, and weird

I am letting more Aussies know I have taken over the country. I'm going in for the subliminal approach :mf_rosetinted:

Gosh, who's seen Mirrors? Who likes scary movies? I recommend it, if you like being completely terrified for an hour and a half (or how ever long it goes), and then terrified of all reflective surfaces for the rest of your life. But really though, it was brilliant, watch it. Ambrose didn't like it much though, I kept waking him up by gripping him too tightly :naughty:

We know about the power of reflective surfaces, don't we, Chickadee :wink2:

I saw the cover of it at the video shop... looked okay...

We know about the power of reflective surfaces, don't we, Chickadee :wink2:

Let me guess... Terry Pratchett?

I haven't seen it but a couple of my friends saw it at the cinema a while back and even hearing them talking about it made me scared of reflective surfaces for a while. I'm not great with scary movies. :naughty:

Aww, that sounds awesome, good movie?

Excellent movie. And the soundtrack is AWESOME.

How are we all tonight???!!!! :das:

Well well well, what have you been up to?? :naughty:

Just kinda.....away..:blink::nauhty:

OK then :naughty:

*makes mental note to pester you later*

I haven't seen it but a couple of my friends saw it at the cinema a while back and even hearing them talking about it made me scared of reflective surfaces for a while. I'm not great with scary movies. :naughty:

God, me neither...I'm terrible...watching Shaun of the Dead, which isn't even that scary, I screamed throughout the whole thing :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

I haven't seen it but a couple of my friends saw it at the cinema a while back and even hearing them talking about it made me scared of reflective surfaces for a while. I'm not great with scary movies.

God, me neither...I'm terrible...watching Shaun of the Dead, which isn't even that scary, I screamed throughout the whole thing

Hahahahahahahahaha! But I love scary movies, Scary movies and funny movies are the only movies worth watching :naughty:

But this one was amazing, not just in extreme scariness, but it contained just about every possible scary movie convention, but in the right level and perfectly combined to create ... *dramatic music* ... the ultimate scary movie! It's like Saw and The Ring and Darkness Falls and The Grudge and every great horror movie morphed into one :shocked:

Excellent movie. And the soundtrack is AWESOME.

Oooh, i forgot about wanting to download it, I shall look for it now. Maybe I can watch it while Mika does his acoustic show. (Bahahahaha, who am I kidding, I'll be pulling an all nighter obsessing in the gig thread :naughty:)

Hahahahahahahahaha! But I love scary movies, Scary movies and funny movies are the only movies worth watching :ughty:

But this one was amazing, not just in extreme scariness, but it contained just about every possible scary movie convention, but in the right level and perfectly combined to create ... *dramatic music* ... the ultimate scary movie! It's like Saw and The Ring and Darkness Falls and The Grudge and every great horror movie morphed into one :shocked:

[/color]

I just looked at the plot synopsis on IMDB and had to stop reading because I was getting creeped out :roftl:

(Bahahahaha, who am I kidding, I'll be pulling an all nighter obsessing in the gig thread :naughty:)

That's totally what I'm doing right now :roftl: I'm so mad at myself that I didn't get my license a year earlier, because if I had, I'd be able to drive alone by now...and I would hence be down in LA right now...:rolls_eyes:

I just looked at the plot synopsis on IMDB and had to stop reading because I was getting creeped out :roftl:

Hahahahaha. Jeez. And i just had a look and it's not even scary when it's written like that :naughty: In the movie it's like LOADS of those moments that make you jump a mile in the air :naughty:

That's totally what I'm doing right now :roftl: I'm so mad at myself that I didn't get my license a year earlier, because if I had, I'd be able to drive alone by now...and I would hence be down in LA right now...:rolls_eyes:

Eurgh, Really? How long would it take to drive there?

Hahahahahahahahaha! But I love scary movies, Scary movies and funny movies are the only movies worth watching :naughty:

I much prefer the romantic/drama sort of films. But comedies can be great when they're done properly. This afternoon I watched 'Bridget Jones' Diary' and have once again renewed my absolute love for Colin Firth.

I think I can list all the horrors I've seen on one hand. Let's see.. House of Wax, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Wolf Creek and Prom Night. And I still have a finger to spare! Unless you count me watching the little DVD introduction to The Ring before getting too creeped out and running from the room. :naughty:

You know what.. we haven't had any Anthony pictures in quite a while!

*goes to search for some good ones*

God, me neither...I'm terrible...watching Shaun of the Dead, which isn't even that scary, I screamed throughout the whole thing :blush-anim-cl::roftl:

Shaun of the Dead is hilarious! my fave bit is where the jukebox comes to life and they're trying to kill a zombie to Don't Stop Me Now by Queen... :naughty:

Hahahahahahahahaha! But I love scary movies, Scary movies and funny movies are the only movies worth watching

But this one was amazing, not just in extreme scariness, but it contained just about every possible scary movie convention, but in the right level and perfectly combined to create ... *dramatic music* ... the ultimate scary movie! It's like Saw and The Ring and Darkness Falls and The Grudge and every great horror movie morphed into one

Hmmmmm... might have to watch it...

10/10 Teegs

Yayness, I'm right!

I think I can list all the horrors I've seen on one hand. Let's see.. House of Wax, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Wolf Creek and Prom Night. And I still have a finger to spare! Unless you count me watching the little DVD introduction to The Ring before getting too creeped out and running from the room.

You know what.. we haven't had any Anthony pictures in quite a while!

*goes to search for some good ones*

Technically you've seen five... Psycho is considered a horror movie...

House of Wax? Ft Paris Hilton??? Oh dear God...

And I'm going to assume it was the remake of Prom Night...

The Exorcism of Emily Rose is really good... So is Wolf Creek, and I know Bianca and I have discussed which movie is better...

Though the whole "horror movies based on true events are better" argument is basically worthless cause a lot of movies made around the 1970's and 80's are loosely based on real events and on serial killers... for example, Leatherface in Texas Chainsaw Massacre (okay, both the original and the remake) was loosely based on Ed Gein...

Hope you find some good pics...

Shaun of the Dead is hilarious! my fave bit is where the jukebox comes to life and they're trying to kill a zombie to Don't Stop Me Now by Queen... :naughty:

Technically you've seen five... Psycho is considered a horror movie...

House of Wax? Ft Paris Hilton??? Oh dear God...

And I'm going to assume it was the remake of Prom Night...

The Exorcism of Emily Rose is really good... So is Wolf Creek, and I know Bianca and I have discussed which movie is better...

Haha, I've heard a lot about that 'Shaun of the Dead' scene but I had never watched it. Thanks, it was really funny! :roftl:

Oh, yes. But Norman is too cute to scare me. :naughty: I've also seen Hitchcock's 'The Birds' (quite scary) and 'Rear Window' (which I wouldn't really class as a horror but it had some elements).

Yeah, 'House of Wax' wasn't great. But it was fun to see Paris Hilton die violently.

Yep, it was the remake.

'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' has had the longest lasting affect on me. I'm still a little scared of 3am and I saw it about 4 years ago. :naughty:

Edited by sweet-dreams