The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

If we came to see Happi we would not be going there anyway!!

I can't believe the number of people who have heard of that place

yet I had never heard of it before!! They have just had a holiday

in the Bunyip (sp) mountains!!

Good... cause it's in the opposite direction to HK... And the wrong state!

Toowomba is quite a large city...

Yeeahh, but just of trees, in my head you lived at least a few hours inland :naughty:

Aww, I missed Frankly. But I made $320 for mostly sitting around doing nothing :groovy: Hooray for an 8 hour shift on double time-sunday! :biggrin2:

Unfortunately it looks like No is winning, those bastards!

It's so odd... she's surrounded by trees, but the beach is about 5 mins away!

Money's so much better than seeing Frank... esp $320!

When you say "came out", do you mean as in "appeared on stage" or as in "came out" :das:?

Appeared on stage...

Speaking of, Frank is apparently appearing in a stage production...

Haha. How predictable of me :naughty:

Mika wishes. :teehee:

How very predictible..

We so have to have pot rice next time we're there...

He sure does!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I may a bit awol lately due to assignments (alternatively I may be here as often as usual, bitching about assignments and generally procrastinating)

The one I'm working on now is an education critique which has 2 parts. For the first part I have to discuss an everday out of school literacy activity for children, and how this would impact on the statement 'literacy learning occurs in schools', and what the implications for teaching are (I still need to come up with a scenario)

The numeracy part involves me developing a realistic mathematical learning scenario (I've already picked one, yay) and some issues associated with it, and how I would try to combat those issues.

Its all heavily researched based :thumbdown:

I may a bit awol lately due to assignments (alternatively I may be here as often as usual, bitching about assignments and generally procrastinating)

The one I'm working on now is an education critique which has 2 parts. For the first part I have to discuss an everday out of school literacy activity for children, and how this would impact on the statement 'literacy learning occurs in schools', and what the implications for teaching are (I still need to come up with a scenario)

The numeracy part involves me developing a realistic mathematical learning scenario (I've already picked one, yay) and some issues associated with it, and how I would try to combat those issues.

Its all heavily researched based :thumbdown:

Those are really awesome assignments though, like, very practical for when you graduate :biggrin2: I love how people coe on here most when they have something important to be doing. Like Sen - now she's graduated we never see her :roftl:

Those are really awesome assignments though, like, very practical for when you graduate :biggrin2: I love how people coe on here most when they have something important to be doing. Like Sen - now she's graduated we never see her :roftl:

I can see the practicalness of them, but doesn't mean I have to like it.

Good point about Sen, she was always on when she was pulling an allnighter to finish something.

WHAT THE HELL! Please everyone go and listen to blue eyes and tell me what lyrics you hear at 0.30 to 0.36-ish. (It's on mikasounds now btw :naughty:)

Is that the line after misunderstood? We used to have about 5 or 6 posssibilities for that line on amf before the lyrics in the booklet came out.

Edited by soangel

Hows that work going?

Not very good. I'm considering pulling an all-nighter but since I slept at 5.30am today I dunno if that's possible, so I might just have to get up early tomorrow and work on it until I get it done. It's already a day overdue. :thumbdown:

Not very good. I'm considering pulling an all-nighter but since I slept at 5.30am today I dunno if that's possible, so I might just have to get up early tomorrow and work on it until I get it done. It's already a day overdue. :thumbdown:

Ouch. Should have gone to bed earlier though. Good luck on getting it done

I have spent most of today reading journal articles online.. tomorrow I get to put some library time in looking at the ones not online and books, and then hopefully thursday/friday I'll be able to start writing

I'm like Sen, I only visit when I have a sh!tload of work to do.

And, yes, OkD, it's definitely 'finger'. I refuse to believe the lyrics booklet. :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, you are, but not quite as bad, sometimes you also visit when you don't too :pinkbow:

THANK GOODNESS! I searched the whole lyric thread and not one person even mentioned the word finger, what is wrong with them? :naughty: Oh, there is a lyric booklet? Well psht, it's probably wrong :mf_rosetinted:

Hmm.. I am also putting off work. I desperately need to study Physics for tomorrow morning but I just don't feel like it. This is the scariest one.

I think I did okay on chemistry and religion! :thumb_yello:

You'll do fine! That's exactly what you said about chemistry and religion yesterday! Go and memorise some stuff, it'll make it less scary! :sneaky2:

I just made some muffins and they are AWESOME. They totally overflowed all over the oven :biggrin2:

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

WHAT THE HELL! Please everyone go and listen to blue eyes and tell me what lyrics you hear at 0.30 to 0.36-ish. (It's on mikasounds now btw :naughty:)

Yep... I heard it too... :das:

I'm like Sen, I only visit when I have a sh!tload of work to do. :fisch:

And, yes, OkD, it's definitely 'finger'. I refuse to believe the lyrics booklet.

But of course!

It sure is... Besides, why would you believe a lyrics book when there's typos in it? :dunno:

THANK GOODNESS! I searched the whole lyric thread and not one person even mentioned the word finger, what is wrong with them? :naughty: Oh, there is a lyric booklet? Well psht, it's probably wrong :mf_rosetinted:

They're obviously not listening very well :shun:

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

And, yes, OkD, it's definitely 'finger'. I refuse to believe the lyrics booklet. :mf_rosetinted:

I’ve kept asking about this but no one seems to know!

I think what I’m hearing (finger woman) doesn’t make any sense at all)!

Please explain…if there is an explanation!:naughty:

Someone actually did, but that didn't made me any wiser!:wink2:

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

I see Fred has edited the last three posts regarding the lyrics -

now my nose is REALLY bothering me wondering WHAT he had

to edit out!! :blink::roftl:

:mf_rosetinted: I now know - so my nose has returned to normal!! :naughty:

Edited by Wendi

Y

It is :mf_rosetinted:

I just made some muffins and they are AWESOME. They totally overflowed all over the oven :biggrin2:

Glad to see you are keeping up your standards :thumb_yello:

The line after misunderstood :naughty:

Blame Bianca, she's the one who wrote it... :shun:

I’ve kept asking about this but no one seems to know!

I think what I’m hearing (finger woman) doesn’t make any sense at all)!

Please explain…if there is an explanation!:naughty:

Apparently we shouldn't discuss this interpretation on MFC :fisch:

to edit out!!

Oh my gosh!

Glad to see you are keeping up your standards :thumb_yello:

They also had streaks of bright blue in them and hundreds and thousands, in case you were wondering :thumb_yello:

Physics was okay. I think I passed, but not very admirably.

Admirably, schmadmirably! Any more now?

Blame Bianca, she's the one who wrote it... :shun:

Blame Mika, he's the one who sung it :shun:

We have to be vaccinated against or prove we have immunity to Q fever to be allowed onto farms and such, so last week everyone got blood taken and some vaccine injected under their skin, because you have to find out if you are immune first because there is a bad reaction if you get the vaccine when you are already immune, but you can only be immune by having had it before. This week we went back to get the results and if you weren't immune then you had to get the vaccine, which costs $100. If you were immune you were supposed to have a reaction at the skin test site, and possibly get sick. While we were waiting to go in I was comparing skin test bumps with my friend, and we were like "yeah, that's nothing, dammit - so didn't want to have to pay $100!". Then we got handed our blood test results and it was like getting exam marks back or something, hoping you would have antibodies, lol, but I didn't. Then I went to see the doctor and it turns out you are supposed to have NO reaction at the skin test site, but I had a very mild reaction, as did my friend who was being done by a different doctor across the room from me (lol, and we compared against each other earlier). So I had to hold out my arm while everyone in the room had a feel of it (as did my friend :roftl:) because they couldn't decide if it was immunity or borderline immunity. The doctor was like "are you SURE you haven't had any contact with large animals before vet school?", seeing as at the last visit I said no, and I was like "oh, well, I guess sheep and alpacas, do they carry Q fever?:blink:" and he's like "YES sheep and alpacas carry Q fever! Have you ever been present at a birth?" ... "um, yes?" :naughty: Anyway, so I got another skin test injection because they have to be certain and now I have to go to their office for another check up where they are doing something different and then I have to come back for ANOTHER one. But the main point is - there is a chance I'm immune and won't have to pay for the $100 vaccine! :groovy: All the multiple appointments and tests are paid for by medicare :groovy:

It's ridiculous. Really. :dunno: