The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

:naughty: So dirty when you think about it.

I have the mental image of a bar full of sleazy interns. :roftl:

They should be around somewhere. We found them at a milk bar a few years ago. And, I'm sure I saw them in Maldon when I was there last year too.

I'm going to embark on a quest to find them!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:naughty: They are yum. Though, I like Monica bars better :drool:

Ewwwww. You need one of those super absorbent cloths they advertise on paytv in rotation with the Pedegg and Snuggie's.

And, photoshoot the "pig"??

I might have a look around.

Hmmm, their probably available at $2 stores like the pedegg ripoffs. We got a few towels once we got home, lucky subway wasn't too far away.

Might photoshoot eventually... don't want to blind it with flash just yet (in a few days though ...:fisch:)

I have the mental image of a bar full of sleazy interns. :roftl:

:roftl: All sucking on pens seductively.

I'm going to embark on a quest to find them!

I might have a look around.

This might help you both then: They were called "Rainbow Choc" and made by Regal ice creams in Colac. Regal is now a part of Bulla..

"Bulla Dairy Foods is a major Australian dairy company that manufactures a national and export range of ice cream, table cream, yoghurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, and imitation cream. The business was established in 1910 and subsequently became a partnership among three inter-related families, who still own and operate the business to this day. In 1930, the company acquired the Colac Ice Works and the Regal Cream brand which continued as a local ice cream route brand until 2004 when it was re-badged as Bulla. The company employs over 400 people across two manufacturing sites in Colac, Victoria, and a head office and distribution centre in Derrimut, Melbourne."

teegs if your head is still hurting or starts hurting again, go back to the doctors ... just keep going back and eventually they'll consider another diagnosis.

Brother becster v.2 bought a guinea pig today, and on the way home we stopped at subway, and he had his drink between his legs, and when I hit the brakes the whole large cup emptied onto the floor of my car. If you've seen the large subway cups, you know thats a lot of soft drink, I had a pool of it on my passenger side floor. And it'll be slightly sticky for ages

Still hurting... and surprisingly enough the GP was quite good... but just the hospital doctor... thought the nurse was better..

*gigglesnort*

*wants a bisexual guinea pig called Freedom*

Okay, so you actually understand what the hell I'm talking about, watch this...

I found it amusing... :dunno:

Isn't it annoying that you have to keep going back a few times before they pay attention though?? :rolls_eyes:

How you feeling today though Teegs?? I'd suggest getting a good massage. Could be from a pulled neck muscle.

Very annoying.. I almost went back yesterday cause my head was hurting so much ft. vomiting...

If I'm still hurting tomorrow I might have to go back... it's now 7 days... and looking at the computer today did not help at all, but I have assessments due...

And now I'm getting off before Mike turns himself off...

Oh, Teegs. You really need to be blunt with them about this. Demand painkillers to help. Demand tests to be ran. If you have to exagerrate the pain to get what you need then do so.

:huglove:

The first thing I thought when I saw that photo was 'he looks like an icecream'. When your fashion sense starts to make you look like packaged frozen cream on a stick you might want to take stock. :mf_rosetinted:

Mika? Fashion sense??? :floor:

Brother becster v.2 bought a guinea pig today, and on the way home we stopped at subway, and he had his drink between his legs, and when I hit the brakes the whole large cup emptied onto the floor of my car. If you've seen the large subway cups, you know thats a lot of soft drink, I had a pool of it on my passenger side floor. And it'll be slightly sticky for ages

:sneaky2: Was waiting for punchline ft guinea pig

I have the mental image of a bar full of sleazy interns.

As opposed to an image of a sleazy bar full of mental interns? :wink2:

.. I almost went back yesterday cause my head was hurting so much ft. vomiting... .

Almost went back ? Good grief Teegs, how bad did you want it to get?

Mika? Fashion sense??? :floor:

Oops, should have added 'or lack thereof'. :fisch:

As opposed to an image of a sleazy bar full of mental interns? :wink2:

I initially read it as "a sleazy bar full of medical interns" to which my reaction was ":das:". :teehee:

And Teegs, I agree with the others. If you've been following their instructions and you're still in severe pain then ask for something else - be it stronger medication or further investigation.

Edited by S&M

:sneaky2: Was waiting for punchline ft guinea pig

?

Well he did spill the drink cos he was holding the guinea pig.. but thats not really a punchline

Teegs I hope you go back to the doctor today. They need to find out why this headache won't go away. (When I was getting headaches, the doctor diagnosed sinusitis, and recommended nasal spray, but he also said that should that not work I was to come back right away for tests. Sounds like you might need those tests, or to get proper migraine medicine... lucky it is sinusitis that causes mine so their easily dealt with)

Go back to the GP if possible since you said he was nicer, and he'll have the record of each and every time you go back complaining about the pain

Oh, Teegs. You really need to be blunt with them about this. Demand painkillers to help. Demand tests to be ran. If you have to exagerrate the pain to get what you need then do so.

:huglove:

I almost went back, but it's getting better... A lot better actually...

Almost went back ? Good grief Teegs, how bad did you want it to get?

I dunno... I guess I feel like it seems pointless when I've already been and they've done nothing... but it's not the first time I've gone to emergency in pain and they've done nothing...

A few times beforehand I've gone to emergency with pains in my stomach and all they did was test for appendicitis... it was the same pain that I had when they found the cyst..

And Teegs, I agree with the others. If you've been following their instructions and you're still in severe pain then ask for something else - be it stronger medication or further investigation.

Yeah I know, it's going away, I'm feeling a lot better now.. Mum even said I was looking a lot better...

Teegs I hope you go back to the doctor today. They need to find out why this headache won't go away. (When I was getting headaches, the doctor diagnosed sinusitis, and recommended nasal spray, but he also said that should that not work I was to come back right away for tests. Sounds like you might need those tests, or to get proper migraine medicine... lucky it is sinusitis that causes mine so their easily dealt with)

Go back to the GP if possible since you said he was nicer, and he'll have the record of each and every time you go back complaining about the pain

Nah, I actually think it's male doctors...

Any time I've been to male doctors they've either said there's nothing they can do or told me to do something I'm already doing...

The doctor that sent me for tests when I had pains actually tested for appendicitis, poked and prodded, then sent me for tests... and she's female...

So yeah, male doctors either don't give a **** or are doing a half arsed job... and I think the emergency doctor I went to on Tuesday is both.. :sneaky2: But bitching about him isn't going to do much... luckily for me I've got time tomorrow morning to feel okay before I go to work... if I go...

Good to hear you're feeling better Teegs! :huglove:

I haven't had much luck with male doctors myself. My whole pre-diagnosis of Crohns was with them. And constantly being told it was all in my head (but not in those exact words).

Although, the thing I've found with Crohns is a lot of it can be controlled with my mind :wink2: I know "controlled" isn't the right word. I think body and mind cooperate more than anything..

But, like I said to S&M and Bec the other day, "The best way to get rid of something is to convince yourself you don't have it any more". And I don't mean denial - which is negative. I mean by using belief in a positive way.

It just helps to know what you're dealing with first. Obviously.

And it surprises me quite often what is the cause of things. I used to get splitting headaches and thought "Oh no a brain tumour" at first :naughty: But, it was all caused by a knot in my shoulder blade muscle. I got Bowen Therapy done on it and it went away. So, now, after learning what triggers which pain - I not only know how my body works 95% :teehee: of the time, I also know what is the quickest way to get rid of the pain. Though I still have bad days.

Especially since I hate taking medication. But I love vitamins and probiotics since they make a difference rather than hide it..

Also, I spent a few years post-diagnosis seeing only female doctors because of my male doctors experiences, but I think in the end there wasn't all that much difference between them. Crohns is just something people don't know much about.

The doctor I see now, who is probably close to retirement, doesn't know all that much about it either, but the reason I love going to him is because he thinks like I do. He tells me what vitamins I should take once I tell him how I've been feeling and we run some tests in the room (checks my eyes, blood pressure, skin tone, glands, and even makes me drink this stuff to see if I'm lacking zinc), and we only ever agree on painkillers when I'm severely cramping/relapsing and knows I will absolutely not take antibiotics, immunosuppressants and steroids unless I really have to (which are commonly given out to Crohnie's willy nilly). So I think the trick is to find someone who will think outside the square with you.

Sorry, that was very long :roftl: But it's a subject I'm a queen of.

:blink: No-one's been in here all day!

I think I get my report for the first half of year 11 soon. :eek:

Is that a good thing?

I, for some strange reason, love reading my report cards. They're the highlight of my holidays...lol (This can only mean I have no life...heh)

So yeah, male doctors either don't give a **** or are doing a half arsed job... and I think the emergency doctor I went to on Tuesday is both.. :sneaky2: But bitching about him isn't going to do much... luckily for me I've got time tomorrow morning to feel okay before I go to work... if I go...

I think it has something to do with men sometimes being less empathetic than women... But I also agree with what Kelzy said below in regards to seeing a doctor who you're compatible with.

Hope you're feeling better today. =]

I haven't had much luck with male doctors myself. My whole pre-diagnosis of Crohns was with them. And constantly being told it was all in my head (but not in those exact words).

My mum has a slipped disc in her back, and for a while all the doctors were trying to tell her it was neurological... =\

Is that a good thing?

I, for some strange reason, love reading my report cards. They're the highlight of my holidays...lol (This can only mean I have no life...heh)

Haha, I actually enjoy reading mine as well. But I still worry about it beforehand. :naughty:

Good to hear you're feeling better Teegs! :huglove:

Although, the thing I've found with Crohns is a lot of it can be controlled with my mind :wink2: I know "controlled" isn't the right word. I think body and mind cooperate more than anything..

But, like I said to S&M and Bec the other day, "The best way to get rid of something is to convince yourself you don't have it any more". And I don't mean denial - which is negative. I mean by using belief in a positive way.

It just helps to know what you're dealing with first. Obviously.

And it surprises me quite often what is the cause of things. I used to get splitting headaches and thought "Oh no a brain tumour" at first :naughty: But, it was all caused by a knot in my shoulder blade muscle. I got Bowen Therapy done on it and it went away. So, now, after learning what triggers which pain - I not only know how my body works 95% :teehee: of the time, I also know what is the quickest way to get rid of the pain. Though I still have bad days.

Especially since I hate taking medication. But I love vitamins and probiotics since they make a difference rather than hide it..

Also, I spent a few years post-diagnosis seeing only female doctors because of my male doctors experiences, but I think in the end there wasn't all that much difference between them. Crohns is just something people don't know much about.

The doctor I see now, who is probably close to retirement, doesn't know all that much about it either, but the reason I love going to him is because he thinks like I do. He tells me what vitamins I should take once I tell him how I've been feeling and we run some tests in the room (checks my eyes, blood pressure, skin tone, glands, and even makes me drink this stuff to see if I'm lacking zinc), and we only ever agree on painkillers when I'm severely cramping/relapsing and knows I will absolutely not take antibiotics, immunosuppressants and steroids unless I really have to (which are commonly given out to Crohnie's willy nilly). So I think the trick is to find someone who will think outside the square with you.

Sorry, that was very long :roftl: But it's a subject I'm a queen of.

Yeah it's long but interesting...

But your doctor sounds pretty darn good...

I think it has something to do with men sometimes being less empathetic than women... But I also agree with what Kelzy said below in regards to seeing a doctor who you're compatible with.

Hope you're feeling better today. =]

My mum has a slipped disc in her back, and for a while all the doctors were trying to tell her it was neurological... =\

Could be... who knows? I just like the idea of staying away from doctors for a while... Which just reminded me, I have to go for a blood test in July... :aah:

Ouch... but I don't understand why doctors would keep saying it's one thing without doing some sort of test first...

Feeling better today and went to work... staring at the register for 3 1/2 hours didn't help though... when I finished the pain was pretty bad, but I can live... besides, I can't afford to take any more time off work!

Oh, and all this talk about convincing yourself you don't have something anymore reminded me of this...

*huggles Dr Cox*

dissing.jpg

:teehee:

:lmfao:

I love scrubs :bow::roftl:

Anyway, you could try some pressure point massaging on your forehead that may help.

Basically, you use both hands to do this because you do both sides at the same time.

The 4 key points are, in this order:

Thumb: Under the beginning of your eyebrow at the middle of your face near your eyes,

Index finger: the hairline near the end of your eyebrows, above your temples,

Middle finger: your hair line directly above the end of your eyebrows,

Ring finger: the centre of your forehead, above the beginning of your eyebrows.

Apply pressure on each point for the count of 10. Repeat 4 times then relax for 5 minutes.

Another thing that may help is massaging your scalp. Also, pay attention to the top of the back of your neck where your hairline is. This area of the neck is the cause of alot of headaches. These are just things I've learnt from the guy I see for Bowen. Might help.

The trouble with headaches is that they can have so many causes: diet, posture, eyesight, blood pressure, stress etc. I still think you need to go back to the doctor.

Morning all. I got 3 hours sleep last night, and I'm beginning to feel slight pain from the moshers pushing so much last night, and I have work in about 40 minutes and feel dead to the world, but last night was so worth it. I didn't take pictures of the band for once because my camera was safer in my pocket, and I was just enjoying myself. Now I shall spend today like a zombie nearly, but as long as I get through it, that's all that matters

Morning all. I got 3 hours sleep last night, and I'm beginning to feel slight pain from the moshers pushing so much last night, and I have work in about 40 minutes and feel dead to the world, but last night was so worth it. I didn't take pictures of the band for once because my camera was safer in my pocket, and I was just enjoying myself. Now I shall spend today like a zombie nearly, but as long as I get through it, that's all that matters

The price you have to pay for a good night out :naughty:

This is when you really need a good cup of coffee :mf_rosetinted:

The price you have to pay for a good night out :naughty:

This is when you really need a good cup of coffee :mf_rosetinted:

I know... but its worth it, even with rude people pushing in, and beer being flung through the air. I was second row, so the view was good.

And I'm still caffeine free, though this morning is sorely tempting me. But I will get through it .. somehow

Morning Silver

I know... but its worth it, even with rude people pushing in, and beer being flung through the air. I was second row, so the view was good.

And I'm still caffeine free, though this morning is sorely tempting me. But I will get through it .. somehow

Morning Silver

Morning :bye:

dissing.jpg

:lmfao::bow:

The life of a Becstar. :glasses3:

:naughty:

:lmfao:

I love scrubs :bow::roftl:

Anyway, you could try some pressure point massaging on your forehead that may help.

Basically, you use both hands to do this because you do both sides at the same time.

The 4 key points are, in this order:

Thumb: Under the beginning of your eyebrow at the middle of your face near your eyes,

Index finger: the hairline near the end of your eyebrows, above your temples,

Middle finger: your hair line directly above the end of your eyebrows,

Ring finger: the centre of your forehead, above the beginning of your eyebrows.

Apply pressure on each point for the count of 10. Repeat 4 times then relax for 5 minutes.

Another thing that may help is massaging your scalp. Also, pay attention to the top of the back of your neck where your hairline is. This area of the neck is the cause of alot of headaches. These are just things I've learnt from the guy I see for Bowen. Might help.

So do I... but it really isn't the same without JD... but I do love Dr Cox... :fangurl:

That pressure thingy helped.. I'll have to do it again soon...

The trouble with headaches is that they can have so many causes: diet, posture, eyesight, blood pressure, stress etc. I still think you need to go back to the doctor.

Very true... I think i can rule out eyesight, cause I wear my glasses when I go on teh computer and usually wear them when I'm watching movies... it actually feels better to not wear them when I'm watching tv than wearing them and I'm short sighted... go figure...

:lmfao::bow:

I thought everyone would get a bit of a laugh out of it...