The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh! So I found this scholarship for uni next year, which is pretty cool. It's a bachelor in IT at the University of Technology in Sydney, and the recipients are sponsored by large companies, so we get paid to do the course. There's all these rounds, and if I get short-listed, I'd have to do an interview, etc... The only downside is that it's in Sydney, and we kinda don't live anywhere near Sydney, but I can work with that. I'm really excited about it, but I just got an email stating that applications open in early August.:boxed:

I wanna apply NOW! lol, I can't wait that long! The anticipation is killing me! :biggrin2:

Ah well, I suppose this'll give me time to bribe my teachers into writing me nice references...haha :naughty:

*self important tone* "One female coming down."

(Sorry, couldn't resist. :naughty:)

*stands on chair*

Can I have you attention please!

*crowd goes silent expecting announcement*

Does anybody need to use the bathroom?

*stands on chair*

"Only if you come with me! *flirts and gets preferential treatment*"

Umm ...Perez?

Apart from that :naughty:

sneaky2: I wanted to chat to you about Mika's ascendant possibly being Pisces. But I've changed my mind now

What makes you think that about him anyway?? :das:

For sure... Oh, I've been looking on U2.com and apparently there's no plans to release U23D on DVD until they have the technology to put the 3D images on a DVD... Obviously they've never seen the 3D movies that are on DVD...

:rolls_eyes:

Erm....... I think it is... I'll have to check my card to see how much I got charged...

Sounds like a good plan... hope you have a a pretty bra to throw...

Thanks!

Of course!! I just bought two news ones to choose from.

Oooooh... see, keeping fit makes all the difference.. he really does look good for his age!

Besides, Bono can't be like Larry and never age... I still haven't worked out how he looks so good (though I will say there are a few really bad pics of Larry out there)...

There's new pics of Jon out jogging and he looks mmmm mmmm mmmmmmmm

And, Larry is ageless. Only 6 months older than Jon though. Bono's just spent too much time in the sun.. Ol' leather face :naughty: But still hot in a strange way.

That's the kind of stuff I miss out on, living in another state... I would love for it to come back to Melb, then there's an excuse to visit you guys!

We'll ALL just have to pitch in for one house, in one state, near one city and live there in sin. :teehee:
Ahh! So I found this scholarship for uni next year, which is pretty cool. It's a bachelor in IT at the University of Technology in Sydney, and the recipients are sponsored by large companies, so we get paid to do the course. There's all these rounds, and if I get short-listed, I'd have to do an interview, etc... The only downside is that it's in Sydney, and we kinda don't live anywhere near Sydney, but I can work with that. I'm really excited about it, but I just got an email stating that applications open in early August.boxed:

I wanna apply NOW! lol, I can't wait that long! The anticipation is killing me! biggrin2:

Ah well, I suppose this'll give me time to bribe my teachers into writing me nice references...haha naughty:

Wow! Sounds great! Especially having contact to large companies. The biggest problem with I.T. is there's not a whole heap of really well paying work going atm because everybody's been doing these courses.. Do you know if you can live on campus? That would be fun.

*stands on chair*

:roftl:

You didn't do that for us in Melbourne. :sneaky2:

J'ai laissé tomber le savon! :blush-anim-cl:

Ich ließ die Seife fallen! :biggrin2:

Caí el jabón! :das:

I dropped the soap!:teehee:

Sorry it's taken me forever to get on the aussie thread but been swamped at work & had nephews to take care of and I have educated them on mika songs and they love "Grace Kelly" .. so cute...

I am from Cairns in Queensland and whenever Mika does come out I am so going to Sydney to see the show YAY :wink2::wink2::wink2:

LOVE FROM CAIRNS :thumb_yello:

I really could and that's pretty scary :naughty:

Good thinking. Who else was on the list then? Madonna? :teehee:

I'm curious about who your choices were...

:naughty: The choices were Geraldine Doogue, Father Chris Riely, Irene McCormack, Nelson Mandela, Oprah Winfrey, Jonathan Welsh (Choir of Hard Knocks), Steve Waugh and Jon Bon Jovi.

I don't know who a few few of those are.. I was going to do Nelson Mandela, but realised quite a few people would probably be talking about him so I decided to do one of my own.

Sorry it's taken me forever to get on the aussie thread but been swamped at work & had nephews to take care of and I have educated them on mika songs and they love "Grace Kelly" .. so cute...

I am from Cairns in Queensland and whenever Mika does come out I am so going to Sydney to see the show YAY :wink2:

:groovy:WELCOME!!!

:groovy:

Wow! Sounds great! Especially having contact to large companies. The biggest problem with I.T. is there's not a whole heap of really well paying work going atm because everybody's been doing these courses.. Do you know if you can live on campus? That would be fun.

Yeah, I'd have to. =] There's student accommodation literally next door to the uni, (it's on Broadway), and the scholarship I'd be receiving would pretty much cover the cost of the accommodation itself! According to them, 100% of their graduates have found employment before or very shortly after graduating, so that's a good thing! I really do hope I get in, but I mustn't get my hopes too high...

I am from Cairns in Queensland and whenever Mika does come out I am so going to Sydney to see the show YAY :wink2::wink2::wink2:

Hey there! You're probably geographically my closest MFCer! I'm from Townsville. =]

Haha, educated them! The people around me refuse to be educated. :sneaky2: I had no choice but to fail them. :naughty:

*disappears before Lily and only appears afterwards*

Of course!! I just bought two news ones to choose from.

You didn't do that for us in Melbourne. :sneaky2:

That was the infamous bathroom man, whose job for the most part was making sure each and everyone waiting for Lily went to the toilet, at Rove. You missed him. He called it out so many times, made a big announcement of it, then actively went through the crowd asking people if they needed to go so he could say into his headpiece "two females going up"

That was the infamous bathroom man, whose job for the most part was making sure each and everyone waiting for Lily went to the toilet, at Rove. You missed him. He called it out so many times, made a big announcement of it, then actively went through the crowd asking people if they needed to go so he could say into his headpiece "two females going up"

That is absolutely hilarious!:roftl:

He must have thought he was a kindergarten teacher!:teehee:

Or he was the oldest brother of a big horde of siblings and the one who had to take care of the consequences all the time….I’m starting to get all emotional about this guy….:blush-anim-cl:

You don't need an excuse... just come on down :wink2:

I might have to... I'm trying to save some dollars for stalking U2 and Meeks (if he comes), but I might visit... Oct maybe?

*self important tone* "One female coming down."

(Sorry, couldn't resist. :naughty:)

:lmfao:

Ahh! So I found this scholarship for uni next year, which is pretty cool. It's a bachelor in IT at the University of Technology in Sydney, and the recipients are sponsored by large companies, so we get paid to do the course. There's all these rounds, and if I get short-listed, I'd have to do an interview, etc... The only downside is that it's in Sydney, and we kinda don't live anywhere near Sydney, but I can work with that. I'm really excited about it, but I just got an email stating that applications open in early August.:boxed:

I wanna apply NOW! lol, I can't wait that long! The anticipation is killing me! :biggrin2:

Ah well, I suppose this'll give me time to bribe my teachers into writing me nice references...haha :naughty:

Ooooh, shiny!

It's a fairly good uni too... and Syd is only 3 1/2 hours from me! :biggrin2:

There's new pics of Jon out jogging and he looks mmmm mmmm mmmmmmmm

And, Larry is ageless. Only 6 months older than Jon though. Bono's just spent too much time in the sun.. Ol' leather face :naughty: But still hot in a strange way.

We'll ALL just have to pitch in for one house, in one state, near one city and live there in sin. :teehee:

I can imagine! :drool:

He surely is ageless... that's why a lot of people refer to him as Dorian Gray... he'd prob be my second choice... mostly vcause he's got a hot body...

Sounds like a plan... and I have no problem with living in sin... so who gets to sleep with me? :das:

Welcome to the craziness!

If you don't get any of the inside jokes, feel free to ask...

We don't have too many QLDers... maybe 3 or 4... and 2 don't come on often...

:naughty: The choices were Geraldine Doogue, Father Chris Riely, Irene McCormack, Nelson Mandela, Oprah Winfrey, Jonathan Welsh (Choir of Hard Knocks), Steve Waugh and Jon Bon Jovi.

In order...

Who?

I know him...

Who?

I know him...

I know her..

Who?

I know him...

I know him...

Interesting choices... I wouldn't have chosen Nelson Mandela cause everyone would choose him...

Yeah, I'd have to. =] There's student accommodation literally next door to the uni, (it's on Broadway), and the scholarship I'd be receiving would pretty much cover the cost of the accommodation itself! According to them, 100% of their graduates have found employment before or very shortly after graduating, so that's a good thing! I really do hope I get in, but I mustn't get my hopes too high...

I love Broadway... It's awesome! And it's not that far from Central... maybe a kilometre...

Hope you get in...

That is absolutely hilarious!:roftl:

He must have thought he was a kindergarten teacher!:teehee:

Or he was the oldest brother of a big horde of siblings and the one who had to take care of the consequences all the time….I’m starting to get all emotional about this guy….:blush-anim-cl:

He seemed to get a kick out of making sure everyone had went :naughty: It was amusing to see, since for the first hour we were there it was all we saw this security guard do

You know, the person you're jealous of cause Mika squeezed her hand and signed her boobs?

I've seen her once and already I want to bitch slap her..

Oh and Melz, they were playing Living on a Prayer on Home Made.. and one of the designers is putting Bon Jovi records on the wall...

You know, the person you're jealous of cause Mika squeezed her hand and signed her boobs?

I've seen her once and already I want to bitch slap her..

Oh and Melz, they were playing Living on a Prayer on Home Made.. and one of the designers is putting Bon Jovi records on the wall...

Ah yes :naughty: she's a rare one these days

: roftl: Bitch.

:teehee:

I am from Cairns in Queensland and whenever Mika does come out I am so going to Sydney to see the show YAY :wink2wink2wink2:

LOVE FROM CAIRNS : thumb_yello:

Welcome!!! Glad you finally made it here.

The choices were Geraldine Doogue, Father Chris Riely, Irene McCormack, Nelson Mandela, Oprah Winfrey, Jonathan Welsh (Choir of Hard Knocks), Steve Waugh and Jon Bon Jovi.

Wow! Considering all the others in that list I'm actually surprised that Jon was thrown in there :roftl: I suppose it's got to do with all his charity work.

Great! You'll have so much fun. Lots of new friends.

:naughty:

Sounds like a plan... and I have no problem with living in sin... so who gets to sleep with me?

We'll draw up a roster. :das:

I heard it playing on the other tv and quickly flicked through all the stations to find the channel. :naughty: I also noticed they were playing something by the String Quartet in the background at one point, but I couldn't pick which song it was, but I thought it was U2.

Welcome demonkissangel69! - what should we call you?

I hope you get the scholarship EJ, that sounds awesome!

LOL :lmfao:

I love Broadway... It's awesome! And it's not that far from Central... maybe a kilometre...

Ooooh, have I been there? I have been there, right? :biggrin2:

What makes you think that about him anyway?? :das:

Lacking self confidence - shy - puppy eyes - the whole shoes/feet thing - but then that would put all the planetary groupings in the wrong houses.