The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

I am not at all excited about Mika being in the country, because his prob just doing promo stuff. Yes, it might mean a tour in the future, but unless he does some kind of secret show or is planning on being here awhile, I doubt we'll get much out of this trip beyond media exposure for him :naughty:

Alright. Here's my first thoughts and why I'm not wootjumping yet..

I'm still waking up.. I'm in shock.. And, I'm confused as to why he's coming..

It's so sudden. Too sudden. I can't see it involving us much because of that.. I assume he's coming for showcase and we won't get nothing?? Because if there was a concert then why hasn't there been tickets for sale?

Thats my thoughts.. showcase, interviews, generating hype for the new album. Which is a shame, because he could have thrown in a small accoustic show while he was here to keep us happy

Yes, but he dd a show last time he promo'd!

This is a good point. Will you cover for me here?

I've thought about that several times since first hearing about those showcase things. The uni newspaper always has interviews with musicians But he would never do a showcase in Perth anyway

I searched all the ticketing sites and google. Nothing. Now I'm going to go and search flight prices

YEs he did a show last time, and yes it was last minute, but last minute was 2 weeks. Unless he's here for that long at least and announces one tomorow then I dunno

I know I'm beign a killjoy :naughty: And if there is something for us I will get excited, and I know it does look good for the future, but I'm going to be realistic about this, so I don't get my hopes up

(and Kelz do you know how much "MIka is coming to my tomoro" confused me? :naughty:)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cover for you? On the taxi business? Maybe. I'm thinking of making a deal with Mother Melzy and telling her she can have all my tax return if I can borrow $1000 now.

Cover for me - the house sitting I am doing for the next 3 weeks, the farm prac I'm doing after that, taxi tpo the airport, flights to Sydney, sanity of parents.

You could get to Sydney and back for under $100, i just seen tickets for $30!

Oh, you know what else we need? Some kind of signal like the apple/batman one that we can send out to call all the absent Aussies. I mean, I can call Mouselle, but I don't have any other way of contacting the others apart from myspace or facebook, which they may not read.

Something better than "mika is coming to my tomorro" at 9am. I read that like 80 times before I half figured out what it meant :naughty:

Something better than "mika is coming to my tomorro" at 9am. I read that like 80 times before I half figured out what it meant :naughty:

I got it after a crazy shift at work, and didn't bother deciphering it, I just came on here.

And why am I still here when I need to clean the fishtank, rearrange some furniture and shower.

Damn you Mika :naughty:

(and Kelz do you know how much "MIka is coming to my tomoro" confused me? :naughty:)

Hahahahahaa, and you got it at almost noon!

I know, and I am happy because I CAN'T go to see anything now, so like CD, I am selfish and WANT it to be just promo that leads to shows in the future so I don't miss out on anything :naughty:

Hahahahahaa, and you got it at almost noon!

I know, and I am happy because I CAN'T go to see anything now, so like CD, I am selfish and WANT it to be just promo that leads to shows in the future so I don't miss out on anything :naughty:

I don't think I could go either, I go to QLD for a few days this week, and a new housemate tomorrow who I need to familarise with the area :naughty:

I am not at all excited about Mika being in the country, because his prob just doing promo stuff. Yes, it might mean a tour in the future, but unless he does some kind of secret show or is planning on being here awhile, I doubt we'll get much out of this trip beyond media exposure for him

Thats my thoughts.. showcase, interviews, generating hype for the new album. Which is a shame, because he could have thrown in a small accoustic show while he was here to keep us happy

YEs he did a show last time, and yes it was last minute, but last minute was 2 weeks. Unless he's here for that long at least and announces one tomorow then I dunno

I know I'm beign a killjoy. And if there is something for us I will get excited, and I know it does look good for the future, but I'm going to be realistic about this, so I don't get my hopes up

(and Kelz do you know how much "MIka is coming to my tomoro" confused me?)

You're not being a killjoy at all, I completely agree. It's almost certainly going to be just a promo trip.

And why am I still here when I need to clean the fishtank, rearrange some furniture and shower.

Damn you Mika :naughty:

Why am I still here when I haven't even started packing for tomorrow? :shocked:

Damn Mika for being such a tease. I want more info and I want it now. :mf_rosetinted:

You're not being a killjoy at all, I completely agree. It's almost certainly going to be just a promo trip.

Why am I still here when I haven't even started packing for tomorrow? :shocked:

Damn Mika for being such a tease. I want more info and I want it now. :mf_rosetinted:

It is.. but hey, it means we might get him in the future, thats something

And you should get to it. I've already cleaned the fishtank, and have bribed the boys to help me rearrange the furniture, which is next on the agenda.

on it madam. *salutes*

Excellent!!

We need the MFC FBI! Where is Blue Sky?

Oh, you know what else we need? Some kind of signal like the apple/batman one that we can send out to call all the absent Aussies. I mean, I can call Mouselle, but I don't have any other way of contacting the others apart from myspace or facebook, which they may not read.

Facebook, MSN, Myspace and maybe some PM's in here and hopefully they get email alerts. But a real fan would be following Mika on twitter and see that soon enough.

I am not at all excited about Mika being in the country, because his prob just doing promo stuff. Yes, it might mean a tour in the future, but unless he does some kind of secret show or is planning on being here awhile, I doubt we'll get much out of this trip beyond media exposure for him :naughty:

I know I'm beign a killjoy :naughty: And if there is something for us I will get excited, and I know it does look good for the future, but I'm going to be realistic about this, so I don't get my hopes up

Yep. Pretty much how I'm thinking too.

And whooops :roftl:

Cover for me - the house sitting I am doing for the next 3 weeks, the farm prac I'm doing after that, taxi tpo the airport, flights to Sydney, sanity of parents.

You could get to Sydney and back for under $100, i just seen tickets for $30!

:shocked: Who with??

And, yeah sure.. *doesn't turn up* *is Mika* :teehee:

Don't slap me. We've done these jokes for so long now it's just a natural reaction..

Hahah!! My phone is on dictionary.

Or, do I know smth you don't know.. :fisch:

I don't think I could go either, I go to QLD for a few days this week, and a new housemate tomorrow who I need to familarise with the area : naughty:

You could trip up to Sydney then fly to QLD from there. :teehee:

Why am I still here when I haven't even started packing for tomorrow? : shocked:

Damn Mika for being such a tease. I want more info and I want it now. : mf_rosetinted:

Get packing MAN!

Hi guys,

I love Chickadee!

Now that that's official, (about Chickadee) and my husband is staring at me strangely, because I told him "Mika's coming to Australia tomorrow, and I'm busy for the next few hours!", life is a lot more fun already!

Hi guys,

I love Chickadee!

Now that that's official, (about Chickadee) and my husband is staring at me strangely, because I told him "Mika's coming to Australia tomorrow, and I'm busy for the next few hours!", life is a lot more fun already!

Hey!!

Are you planning on airport stalking? :das:

I don't want to be the one to do it, but someone has to twitter Mika and demand more details!

Have I got any volunteers?

I'll keep doing it. I can be annoying.

No airport stalking for me, unfortunately. Canberra is not likely as a destination, and I have too much to do to get to Sydney on an offchance.

If we can find out an actual timeline or location, I would get there just to finalise my long standing mission, but I'm not quite rabid enough to go on a maybe.

I'm also quite busy and now is really bad timing, but hey, he seems to aim for Australia in winter.

So, I'm definite for a definite, but nowhere for a ghost.

I don't want to be the one to do it, but someone has to twitter Mika and demand more details!

Have I got any volunteers?

I sent him four tweets in a row asking some questions, but I didn't "demand" details hehe.

Hey!!

Are you planning on airport stalking? :das:

No airport stalking for me, unfortunately. Canberra is not likely as a destination, and I have too much to do to get to Sydney on an offchance.

Unless of course I can claim its an MFC get toegther. Are there any airport stalkers out there needing companionship? I could be tempted! LOL

If we can find out an actual timeline or location, I would get there just to finalise my long standing mission, but I'm not quite rabid enough to go on a maybe.

I'm also quite busy and now is really bad timing, but hey, he seems to aim for Australia in winter.

So, I'm definite for a definite, but nowhere for a ghost.

Lots of us are also busy just atm, after not being so busy for a while. As you say, really bad timing. I hope that if something does go on, there are at least some MFC'ers that are able to show up, after us having gone on and on about him coming here. Even if it is really short notice.

@mikasounds Where in Australia should the MFC wait to have the best hope of seeing you pass by?

ok, I sent my message, but I hate to hassle - he might one day abandon twitter if he gets too much flak.

I decided that the more individual fans he heard from the more chance he might do something for us.

I can hope, anyway...

And you should get to it. I've already cleaned the fishtank, and have bribed the boys to help me rearrange the furniture, which is next on the agenda.

Which furniture do you mean?

@mikasounds Where in Australia should the MFC wait to have the best hope of seeing you pass by?

ok, I sent my message, but I hate to hassle - he might one day abandon twitter if he gets too much flak.

I decided that the more individual fans he heard from the more chance he might do something for us.

I can hope, anyway...

I didn't realise you were even on twitter.

I didn't realise you were even on twitter.

Yeah, I got it back when Mika was first on it, and I use it to stalk concerts etc, but I only check it at those times, so it's useless as a way to reach me!

E

You could trip up to Sydney then fly to QLD from there. :teehee:

!

Yeah.. won't happen :naughty:

Which furniture do you mean?

The couch. I felt like moving it when I woke up this morning :naughty: so I swapped it and the desk, which is what was wanted anyways? There's room for it all to be rearranged anyways.m

I'm in a need to do things mood today

Yeah, I got it back when Mika was first on it, and I use it to stalk concerts etc, but I only check it at those times, so it's useless as a way to reach me!

I'm also not on there much, and rely on people on here to keep me updated:teehee: I guess that means I'm not a real Mika fan, hey Kelz:wink2:

I'm also not on there much, and rely on people on here to keep me updated:teehee: I guess that means I'm not a real Mika fan, hey Kelz:wink2:

Hahaha. Yeah. *checks your join date*

Waiting 19 months for him to come means absolutely nothing, right? :wink2:

So, I'll have to check my financial situation and if it's good then I'm up for some airport stalking.

What a peculiar 24 hours. Firstly, Michael Jackson dies :sad: And now Mika comes to Oz :boing:

I feel bi-polar.