The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

It's great news !!! I think I'm in shock tho' !! Do we drop everything & drive 8.5 hrs. south or6.5 hrs. north ??? Have we got enough money ? Will the car handle the journey ?? :aah:

Yeah, I'm swimming in cash from the money tree I planted in the garden. :naughty:

But seriously, we don't know how long he'll be here. It'll probably just be promo/showcases. Nothing TOO exciting from a fan/stalker's point of view.. unless we're given a heads up on where to stalk.. :teehee:

I'm hoping it will lead to some sort of announcement re: shows in the not too distant future.

But then again, who knows!

Edited by deconstruction

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to be such a cynic etc but I really don't see how this is a big deal. Yes, it could lead to a tour eventually, but this time round its most likely just showcase/promo stuff, and the most we'd see him is if we got lucky and glimpsed him at the airport for 5 minutes or something, or if he went on sunrise or something like that, which isn't always conductive to viewing live, as some of us know. If we're lucky we'll get a secret show, though I doubt it

It is good to see some mention of Australia, yes its true. And it means we're not forgotten, but I feel like I'm one of the few not excited by this, and not planning stalking/looking at flights etc :naughty:

I don't mean to be such a cynic etc but I really don't see how this is a big deal. Yes, it could lead to a tour eventually, but this time round its most likely just showcase/promo stuff, and the most we'd see him is if we got lucky and glimpsed him at the airport for 5 minutes or something, or if he went on sunrise or something like that, which isn't always conductive to viewing live, as some of us know. If we're lucky we'll get a secret show, though I doubt it

It is good to see some mention of Australia, yes its true. And it means we're not forgotten, but I feel like I'm one of the few not excited by this, and not planning stalking/looking at flights etc :naughty:

I'm scared that we posted almost identical posts. Get out of my head!!! :naughty:

:aah:

I'm scared that we posted almost identical posts. Get out of my head!!! :naughty:

:aah:

You get out of my mine :teehee:

But it is weird the timing of the posts. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way

Goodbye

Becster

Edited by soangel

It's great news !!! I think I'm in shock tho' !! Do we drop everything & drive 8.5 hrs. south or6.5 hrs. north ??? Have we got enough money ? Will the car handle the journey ?? :aah:

I think that sums it up. He'll be here but still inaccessible to us unless he gets his butt into gear and gives us some info.

Facebook, MSN, Myspace and maybe some PM's in here and hopefully they get email alerts. But a real fan would be following Mika on twitter and see that soon enough.

That's so not true, but anyway, I texted tanya and what may be jjl, I don't know, she changes her mobile number so often :naughty:

Lots of us are also busy just atm, after not being so busy for a while. As you say, really bad timing. I hope that if something does go on, there are at least some MFC'ers that are able to show up, after us having gone on and on about him coming here. Even if it is really short notice.

haha, i keept thinking this, that would be hilarious if no one, or only one or two could make it.

I think he's not leaving until tomorrow - His tomorrow. Is that in the same category as "top of the week" or "in the summer"??

I figure we have about 36 hours before he could be getting here.

Good point. When you say "im going somewhere" you are talking about the time you leave, not the time you arrive. Otherwhiles it'd be "im on my way to australia whoop whoop"

Bianca- just hope he goes to Melbourne (sorry Sydneysiders!!) as flights from Perth to Mel are generally a lot cheaper- esp with tiger airlines

Haha, yeah, I saw and hope too, tiger doesnt even go perth-sydney. If it's melbourne then my calculations were $280 for now, no idea for July.

I want to know when he actually leaves so I can work out what time he might arrive in Melb.. If he arrives in Melb. In that case I'll def be airport stalking.

"@mikasounds hey, could you pls tweet when you get on the plane so we can stalk flight patterns and figure out when to be at the airport to stalk you? kthx"

Actually, some flights from the US DO come in via Melbourne though :das:

Hi, my husband doesn't know yet, but when he comes from work i'll make sure he knows. The problem is Mika has no idea abt our busy life and if he does a surprise show it'll be so stressful to organise the kids and all. If you know anything more than what he said on twitter please please let me know. Thanks

Helloo! So Mika coming to Australia is all it takes to get all the Australian fans out of the woodworks, who'd've thunk?

i'm happy that he is going to australia. he is probably doing what he did in other cities, which is presenting his music to the media, not necessarily doing a secret gig though. but we never know!

Okay, so after a 5 hour nap and it now being a much more reasonable hour (:lmfao: my nightshift-work starts in 45 minutes) I've decided it's unreasonable for Mika to come to Australia for just a media showcase, but also unreasonable for Mika to do a show in the next week without having given us pre-warning. So my conclusion is Mika is a fool. How much warning did he make sure LA had? More than a week I think. And he KNOWS Australia is full of desperate people who live all over the place and would be prepared to fly to see him. And the showcase thing - sure it makes sense to do a showcase in places around europe, it's freaking close to his home. But do you realise how much more it costs to fly to Australia from anywhere? A crap load more than it costs to fly to toronto from europe. I can't think of ANYONE who has ever flown to Australia just to do promotion with no shows attacthed. It's entirely uneconomical. But seeing as it would be unreasonable to do a show now, that only leaves the option of him being really really stupid, spoilt and rich.

Hmm.. I'm excited that Mika has finally realised that there is a Southern Hemisphere, but I won't be stalking him around Melbourne/Sydney. I have school! I think it will just be showcase/promotional stuff as well.

Having said that, if anybody happens to see/meet him they had better take pictures! :naughty:

Okay, so after a 5 hour nap and it now being a much more reasonable hour (:lmfao: my nightshift-work starts in 45 minutes) I've decided it's unreasonable for Mika to come to Australia for just a media showcase, but also unreasonable for Mika to do a show in the next week without having given us pre-warning. So my conclusion is Mika is a fool. How much warning did he make sure LA had? More than a week I think. And he KNOWS Australia is full of desperate people who live all over the place and would be prepared to fly to see him. And the showcase thing - sure it makes sense to do a showcase in places around europe, it's freaking close to his home. But do you realise how much more it costs to fly to Australia from anywhere? A crap load more than it costs to fly to toronto from europe. I can't think of ANYONE who has ever flown to Australia just to do promotion with no shows attacthed. It's entirely uneconomical. But seeing as it would be unreasonable to do a show now, that only leaves the option of him being really really stupid, spoilt and rich.

Lots of people come to Aus for promo though, even if the flights are expensive. They'll come and do radio and tv stuff before an album comes out or when announcing a tour, to let the fans know their still out here. Lily Allen was here in March for a week, and she had no shows then. P!nk performed at the logies, and did promo, and then came back later for a tour. And movie stars do it all the time. The showcase is the way to get the media talking about him again, if he does one, because without doing promo its hard to keep fans in places like this. Its the way to get his name out here. Its very common for people to do promo with no shows attached, even in Aus

Lots of people come to Aus for promo though, even if the flights are expensive. They'll come and do radio and tv stuff before an album comes out or when announcing a tour, to let the fans know their still out here. Lily Allen was here in March for a week, and she had no shows then. P!nk performed at the logies, and did promo, and then came back later for a tour. And movie stars do it all the time. The showcase is the way to get the media talking about him again, if he does one, because without doing promo its hard to keep fans in places like this. Its the way to get his name out here. Its very common for people to do promo with no shows attached, even in Aus

I absolutely agree with you Bec, it happens all the time ! :thumb_yello:

Okay, I take it back then! This is good though, did those people announce their forthcoming tours when they were here? Yay! I mean, surely that's what he'll be asked: "WHEN WILL YOU TOUR AUSTRALIA", and we'll get a proper answer!

Another thing I've come up with randomly - the wording "I'm coming to Australia tomorrow" indicates that he is speaking to us, his Australian fans. If he was just making a general statement directed at anyone but us it would be "I'm going to australia tomorrow". It's directed at US and so it means good news for us. I'm excited :biggrin2:

Today there is a lovely little whitefaced girl cockatiel in that someone found being attacked by magpies on a golf course. It's totally tame and so much like piggy, I love her. I swear if they can't find her owners (which would be ridiclous because she is so lovely and they must be desperately searching for her) I am taking her. :fangurl:

Also there was this really really old and frail cat that should really be put to sleep but the owners are determined not to, so it came in to just generally go on a drip and get antibiotics and stuff, and it's really just skin and bones - the nurse convinced them to buy a chihuahua jacket for it :lmfao: :lmfao: Funniest thing ever. It's so tired and weak that it just let us put it on and then just sat there with it on looking absolutely hilarious. Poor thing :naughty:

Hello:wub2: Just dropping in to say hi and to hope that his curliness does indeed show his face to at least some of you lovely deserving MFCers.:thumb_yello::mf_lustslow:

Thanks Kath :huglove:

Hope so!!

But, I think the people who will see him will be hotel staff, Press, and those lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. Hopefully they join MFC and tell us about their wonderful experiences.

I'll be at home. No where near where Mika will probably be.

Que Sera, Sera.. Maybe next time.

I’ve been reading all your comments and it has made me realise a couple of things:

Australia is big!:shocked: Before you laugh and think of me as a stupid person, I think you have to live there (or read the Aussie thread carefully) to fully realise how big your country is and how much time and trouble, and not to mention money, it takes to move from one place to another.:shocked::naughty:

It seems to me that the boy has all the time in the world and loves to spend his time on airplanes!:naughty:

But apart from that I really, really hope he's planning to include Australia in his promoting-his-new-album tour!:thumb_yello:

Hello:wub2: Just dropping in to say hi and to hope that his curliness does indeed show his face to at least some of you lovely deserving MFCers.:thumb_yello::mf_lustslow:

Agree!!!!!!

I’ve been reading all your comments and it has made me realise a couple of things:

Australia is big!:shocked: Before you laugh and think of me as a stupid person, I think you have to live there (or read the Aussie thread carefully) to fully realise how big your country is and how much time and trouble, and not to mention money, it takes to move from one place to another.:shocked::naughty:

It seems to me that the boy has all the time in the world and loves to spend his time on airplanes!:naughty:

But apart from that I really, really hope he's planning to include Australia in his promoting-his-new-album tour!:thumb_yello:

Agree!!!!!!

Awwww ... thank you Sienna ! :huglove:

Yes, Australia is indeed a BIG country ... & in all fairness to Mika ... I don't think he really likes flying much at all ... :wink2::teehee:

Agree!!!!!!

Not laughing at you :naughty: But yes, it is a big place. It would take me, f.e. 11 hours to drive to Sydney if I drove non stop. But only around an hour to get to Melbourne. When Bec and I drove to HK's place 2 years back we had to stop overnight half way on the way there. And that's just talking about 2 states of Australia.

Airflights seem cheap enough though. If it look as if Mika's staying put in Sydney for a week then I might MIGHT fly up with my niece and have a mini holiday with her.

You get out of my mine :teehee:

But it is weird the timing of the posts. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way

Goodbye

Becster

I think that it's fine for you to feel like that and I don't think you're a killjoy. Having said that, I'm still excited. Not mega-excited like I would be if he were coming for a tour and I knew I had tickets and was going to see all of you guys, but I'm still excited. I must have a really boring life, huh?:naughty:

That's so not true, but anyway, I texted tanya and what may be jjl, I don't know, she changes her mobile number so often :naughty:

haha, i keept thinking this, that would be hilarious if no one, or only one or two could make it.

I'm glad you contacted Tanya and JJL. And I don't think it would be hilarious if no one could go! I think it would be disastrous!!

Okay, I take it back then! This is good though, did those people announce their forthcoming tours when they were here? Yay! I mean, surely that's what he'll be asked: "WHEN WILL YOU TOUR AUSTRALIA", and we'll get a proper answer!

Another thing I've come up with randomly - the wording "I'm coming to Australia tomorrow" indicates that he is speaking to us, his Australian fans. If he was just making a general statement directed at anyone but us it would be "I'm going to australia tomorrow". It's directed at US and so it means good news for us. I'm excited :biggrin2:

You know, I was wondering about the phrasing of I'm coming to Aus rather than I'm going to Aus, but I just presumed it was one of Mika's gaffes when it comes to grammar etc.:naughty:

Not laughing at you :naughty: But yes, it is a big place. It would take me, f.e. 11 hours to drive to Sydney if I drove non stop. But only around an hour to get to Melbourne. When Bec and I drove to HK's place 2 years back we had to stop overnight half way on the way there. And that's just talking about 2 states of Australia.

Airflights seem cheap enough though. If it look as if Mika's staying put in Sydney for a week then I might MIGHT fly up with my niece and have a mini holiday with her.

:shocked:A week ??!! Gosh, I didn't imagine that long at all ! Would be good tho' ...

I'm not getting it. :blink: Why is he announcing it NOW? Whats he doing? Promo?

We know nothing ... :aah:

wishin' & hopin' and hopin' and wishin'

I would have voted for a tweet-shower for Rove. @rove1974 but it would appear he is currently in London. So I emailed Hamish & Andy instead with the hot tip. Will it work???:blink:

Sounds like something that would be fun for you and your niece, and who knows, you might get lucky and be able to gloat about it to the rest of us :wink2:

:shocked:A week ??!! Gosh, I didn't imagine that long at all ! Would be good tho' ...

It would be silly to fly in for 2 days considering the flights are so long, wouldn't it?? That was my reasoning.. :dunno:

But I 'spose he would come for 2 days and go again..

There goes another idea. Oh well..

wishin' & hopin' and hopin' and wishin'

I would have voted for a tweet-shower for Rove. @rove1974 but it would appear he is currently in London. So I emailed Hamish & Andy instead with the hot tip. Will it work???:blink:

Good thinking 99! I too was wondering if Rove was a possibility, but never thought to look for him on twitter:doh:

Now what song is that from? Currently we have Skyhooks on the radio ("All my friends are getting married") and so I can't even think straight about what song that is....

We know nothing ... :aah:

Hmmm, :think1:. I guess we'll see then :naughty:. Tomorrow is not far away. And in Australia it almost is tomorrow. But is he in the US now? I haven't followed the forums :fisch:. Isnt it still yesterday in the US? (If he is in LA.)

It would be silly to fly in for 2 days considering the flights are so long, wouldn't it?? That was my reasoning.. :dunno:

But I 'spose he would come for 2 days and go again..

There goes another idea. Oh well..

Aaaaah .... let's just wait & see ... I hope it's good news :original: