The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

SILVER!!!!!!:wub2:

I love chatting to you "live"!

*concentrates with all her might to push the rain clouds away*

What's the forecast like for the next week?

How long are you on holidays for?

Pity I'm just going then :naughty: (off to Post Office)

I am on leave for the rest of the week, and it looks like rain for most of the time. So maybe I won't go to the seaside after all. Might go to a couple of nearby cities instead.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity I'm just going then :naughty: (off to Post Office)

I am on leave for the rest of the week, and it looks like rain for most of the time. So maybe I won't go to the seaside after all. Might go to a couple of nearby cities instead.

You're leaving me already? :tears::crybaby:

That could be fun....there are some nice little villages not far from you, aren't there?

Have fund at the post office :bye:

You're leaving me already? :tears::crybaby:

That could be fun....there are some nice little villages not far from you, aren't there?

Have fund at the post office :bye:

There might be some nice little villages - but not much to see apart from the pretty cottages :naughty: I'll probably head for one of the more touristy cities (need to sort my train times out).

*prepares the cotton for everyone's ears* :naughty: Hello Miss Becster!

I wasn't that bad.. and we always had at least 2 singers so we drowned each other out.

Thriller froze and failed, but we had billie jean and beat it. Spice girls went off, and Bon JOvi living on Prayer was fun. We're going to go again I think, cos the time there wasn't enough :naughty:

I wasn't that bad.. and we always had at least 2 singers so we drowned each other out.

Thriller froze and failed, but we had billie jean and beat it. Spice girls went off, and Bon JOvi living on Prayer was fun. We're going to go again I think, cos the time there wasn't enough :naughty:

I've only done karaoke once, at my sister's hen's night (which was about 10 years ago), but it was so much fun!! Do go again.

I've only done karaoke once, at my sister's hen's night (which was about 10 years ago), but it was so much fun!! Do go again.

The place we found is good, as you get private rooms, instead of having to sing in front of strangers. But the rooms sure are warm

The place we found is good, as you get private rooms, instead of having to sing in front of strangers. But the rooms sure are warm

That sounds good. How many of you were there? And how much did it cost?

One more day of school! :groovy:

Is anyone else planning on watch the Michael Jackson Memorial? I'm so happy it's on my first night of holidays. 3am.. :naughty:

I'm so stupid. I read the online TV guide wrong and thought the memorial was tonight instead of last night. :tears:

But I'm hoping they repeat it.

Hi Silver & All ! :huglove::bye:

Nope. I haven't heard any news about Teegs yesterday or today. :sad:

I'm taking it as no news is good news ... but I hope we hear something soon. :wub2:

I have Zoe's number... Should I call?

I have just planned my future. :biggrin2:

I want to get a reasonably good UAI at the end of year 12. I will then apply for a Bachelor of Education (I'm not sure whether I want to do primary or high school yet) at the local Charles Sturt University. If I get accepted I'm going to defer for a year and apply for this teachers aide thing my school does. At the end of each year they give finishing year 12 students the opportunity to apply to be a sort of assistant at school, which I think I would really enjoy. And apparently the pay is really great! When that finishes I'll apply for a job at a number of bookstores and DVD rental places (my top two choices) and do that for money while I'm at uni for four years. And I'm going to stay at my parents house throughout all of this, because I am currently too dependent upon them to give that up. :naughty:

I want to get a reasonably good UAI at the end of year 12. I will then apply for a Bachelor of Education (I'm not sure whether I want to do primary or high school yet) at the local Charles Sturt University. If I get accepted I'm going to defer for a year and apply for this teachers aide thing my school does. At the end of each year they give finishing year 12 students the opportunity to apply to be a sort of assistant at school, which I think I would really enjoy. And apparently the pay is really great! When that finishes I'll apply for a job at a number of bookstores and DVD rental places (my top two choices) and do that for money while I'm at uni for four years. And I'm going to stay at my parents house throughout all of this, because I am currently too dependent upon them to give that up. :naughty:

Awesome! I've been reading all the uni stuff of late, (since I'm gonna have to make some sort of decision soon...). I'm thinking of doing a bachelor in IT, and have found this great scholarship!

With the primary/secondary thing, I believe you need to have done Maths B in order to do secondary (at least in Qld, we do). But even if you do A (like myself), you can always pick B up as an elective at Uni before you begin.

Our school also does the teacher-aide thing. I'd do it, but we're moving at the end of the year. Several of my teachers have already suggested I join the school IT team...lol

You're lucky you have to opportunity to stay at home. Where we're looking at moving to is about an hour and a half at the least from Brisbane. So unless I go do Vet science or something at QU Gatton, I'm living on campus! I don't like the idea, but I've gotta become independent at some stage!

Awesome! I've been reading all the uni stuff of late, (since I'm gonna have to make some sort of decision soon...). I'm thinking of doing a bachelor in IT, and have found this great scholarship!

With the primary/secondary thing, I believe you need to have done Maths B in order to do secondary (at least in Qld, we do). But even if you do A (like myself), you can always pick B up as an elective at Uni before you begin.

Our school also does the teacher-aide thing. I'd do it, but we're moving at the end of the year. Several of my teachers have already suggested I join the school IT team...lol

You're lucky you have to opportunity to stay at home. Where we're looking at moving to is about an hour and a half at the least from Brisbane. So unless I go do Vet science or something at QU Gatton, I'm living on campus! I don't like the idea, but I've gotta become independent at some stage!

The IT thing sounds great!

Yeah. I'm not quite sure how it works in NSW with the prerequisites for teaching, but the two sorts of maths are called Mathematics (the more advanced one) and General Maths, as well as extensions. I'm doing mathematics and extension 1 (I may be dropping extension in ear 12 though). But I think I would want to be a sort of English/history high school teacher.

Haha, I probably should be trying to gain some independence, but I'm just lazy. :naughty:

Hello all my sleeping mikamites!...OMG even Bianca:shocked::naughty:

Just popped in to see if there was any news on Teegs.

What's happening with Twatty....is she ok?

Twatty has been seen around the Apples.

As for Tegan, I didn't see the msg to txt last night till later when it would have been impolite to text.

Will do it today.

Sounds like a good plan ... better to have a backup and save money for uni then have anything else... Teaching sounds great .. lots of luck with the HSC ... my UAI was shocking but I managed to do web design ok :thumb_yello: