:naughty:

Lol, Kelz, I'd stay and chat, but I'm playing party host atm...lol

Oh no! Social situations offline! :shocked:

And, besides all that - How are we all?

Any noobs here that wanna get involved in some urhawt convo?? :das:

*scares them away*

:naughty:

Hi Kelz & All ! :huglove:

I'd love to be a noob & say urhawt alot BUT .... I have a substantial amount of reading to catch up on here ... :sneaky2::aah:

Tried to get in touch with the planets but they weren't taking any calls. :shun:

I did however , hear from Wendi eventually in the wee hrs. of the morning via email & tho' she's ok ... she is just gonna take a bit of time away from MFC. ... my guess is that she won't leave permanently.

*put's on waders & snorkle & commences reading* :bye:

I can understand how little it takes to want to leave here. But that's really just a temporary fix. I'm sure she'll be back once she's sorted things out away from the MFC.

I can understand how it feels to be "in the know" and get told things secretly.. And then not being told something and wondering why you're no longer included. But in this case, if that is the problem, then it wasn't just one persons secret, and so it would be breaking someone else's secret too, which means the secret keeper betrays that trust..

Though, I don't think it needed to be kept a secret - but I can understand fully why it was kept on the down low.

For the record - I'm not speaking of MFC mods/admins telling me things because I didn't know about this like the rest of you. Neither Cazzie or Fred informed me and I talk to one or the other just about every day.

The number of things I've been told in secret.... is probably about 3:naughty: I'm really not "in the know" or in touch with those "in the know". But you know that it is around, and you wonder what's wrong with you that you aren't included as well. (Or at least, I do from time to time.) But because I haven't really been "in", I think it hurts less than it would if I had been "in the know". I still can't say I really get Wendi's reaction, but now that I've thought about all that, I can see why her reaction would be stronger than mine.

Hi Kelz & All ! :huglove:

I'd love to be a noob & say urhawt alot BUT .... I have a substantial amount of reading to catch up on here ... :sneaky2::aah:

Tried to get in touch with the planets but they weren't taking any calls. :shun:

I did however , hear from Wendi eventually in the wee hrs. of the morning via email & tho' she's ok ... she is just gonna take a bit of time away from MFC. ... my guess is that she won't leave permanently.

*put's on waders & snorkle & commences reading* :bye:

Hi HK :bye:

OOhh CD - you're still online too :bye:

Hey there! Yes I am. Been busy trying to catch up with the openness thread that just keeps going and going... and which I'd not managed to get up to date with before I had a busy day that kept me away on and off.

Oh, I wanted to comment on something you said in that thread but it was waaaay to far back to still be relevant. You mentioned the French phrase about a lie and truth and boots etc and I got such a surprise to find it was a French phrase cos I was only familiar with it from Terry Pratchett...

Anyway, I'm now being told I need to get off the computer and do something, so if it looks like I'm still here, it's just because I've left the page open, and not cos I really am:naughty:

Hey there! Yes I am. Been busy trying to catch up with the openness thread that just keeps going and going... and which I'd not managed to get up to date with before I had a busy day that kept me away on and off.

Oh, I wanted to comment on something you said in that thread but it was waaaay to far back to still be relevant. You mentioned the French phrase about a lie and truth and boots etc and I got such a surprise to find it was a French phrase cos I was only familiar with it from Terry Pratchett...

Anyway, I'm now being told I need to get off the computer and do something, so if it looks like I'm still here, it's just because I've left the page open, and not cos I really am:naughty:

From "The Truth" - "A lie can run round the world before the truth has got its boots on". Yes, I thought it was Terry's own phrase but then found it was a translation of a French saying.

And yes you can get lost in the openness thread :naughty:

From "The Truth" - "A lie can run round the world before the truth has got its boots on". Yes, I thought it was Terry's own phrase but then found it was a translation of a French saying.

And yes you can get lost in the openness thread :naughty:

:aah: You certainly can !! :aah:

I just can't seem to catch up !! :no:

Hello Silv & CD :bye:

And anyone else who is mad enough to be here at 7:45 on a Friday night ... :rolls_eyes: :teehee:

And anyone else who is mad enough to be here at 7:45 on a Friday night ... :rolls_eyes: :teehee:

I haven't got to 7:45pm yet - still only 10:46 am here :naughty:

The openness thread is meandering a bit now - I thought Kelzy made a good suggestion.

I thought the Mods who went the SW afterparty were uncharacteristically naive in thinking people wouldn't get to hear about it - a pre-emptive mention would have saved most of the grief.

But then I was a civil servant for years and engrained with the culture that you always disclose any sort of gift or preferential treatment.

Ha, I'm being a bad party host. I've ditched my own party to come play online... All my guests are being really noisy... It's hurting my ears!

I'll go back and hang with them when they quieten down...lol

Ouch! What do they do for your seizures? (if it's ok to ask?)

I don't mind when people ask about something like that ... more or less it's a matter of taking anti-seizure drugs and if i have a seizure that someone is around to make sure things are good afterwards.

Happy Friday to everyone btw ... been busy today .. yay 4 the weekend :thumb_yello:

Damn, those efficient bastards have taken it down already. I wanted to show you the link to - um .. the house that is now mine!!

Oh well, we get the keys on Monday, I will take photos :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

I really have to go now, damnit, I really only came (1.5 hour journey each way) to get my new laptop charger :lmfao: But, you know, I had to test it out ... and use the internet. *cherishes*

I'm going to see Skipping Girl Vinegar tonight and I'm super excited. I saw them on Thursday and they are THE GREATEST BAND EVER! :fangurl: You will love them. No one in the world couldn't love them, they are the most lovable band in existance. They all have big grins on their faces the entire time they are performing/permanently, and it forced you to have a gigantic smile on your face too :aah: I didn't film anything on Thursday because it was TOO awesome. There was roughly 15 people in the audience and the lead guy kept saying how it was a living room and went around and made us introduce ourselves at one point. I talked to lead-guy (Mark) afterwards and it was the most coherent fantastic perfect conversation I have ever had with a perfect stranger. He thanked us repeatedy for comign and then gave us presents. HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS, I DEMAND YOU FIND OUT WHEN SKIPPING GIRL VINEGAR ARE COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU AND INSIST THAT YOU GO SO YOU CAN EXPERIENCE HOW FANTASTIC THEY ARE.

So I've decided I can stay another 45 minutes because while looking for Skipping Girl Vinegar info I found out their support doesn't even start until 8.45 when the doors open at 8. And that's the guy who supported Bob Evans BEFORE that good guy came on, and this guy was crap.

http://www.skippinggirlvinegar.com/shows.php

^^ Pick the show that is closest to your homes and go to it. You will love it! They are all very cheap or free! GO!

Okay so someone needs to explain wtf happened in the week I have been internet-less. :shocked: What did the mods get? No one explained in the first page of the openness thread :naughty:

I really don't have the strength. :no:

Almost went back ? Good grief Teegs, how bad did you want it to get?

Oh, I wanted it that bad that I had ended up having a couple of strokes... :naughty:

Sorry, had to add a smartarse comment there...

Could be... who knows? I just like the idea of staying away from doctors for a while... Which just reminded me, I have to go for a blood test in July...

:lmfao:

Sorry, considering how much they've bled me, I found that highly amusing...

From Twitter:

Im coming to australia tomorrow, whoop whoop

2 minutes ago from web

:shocked:

Shiny!

Tie him down this time. :wags_finger:

Ohhh, kinky! :das:

wonder if he'll take the crocodile and the kangaroo with him!:teehee:

Hope he did!

I'm not going to get excited until we know what he plans to do here. :mf_rosetinted: Since it's so sudden I can't see a gig open to the public or anything similar happening. Unless he uses wizardry to pull something out of his hat? :kaf:

I thought you'd mention the same place Melz gets her statistics...

I saw that. And the chances are that we won't be invited to anything any way. We could waste money flying to Sydney and not even see him.

But I'm in Syd!

Mmmmmm ... potato salad .... mmmmmmmm !!

WooHoo !!! So if you are in Whoop Whoop ... then I must Whoop Whoop Coastal ... & some are in Whoop Whoop City & some are in the back of Whoop Whoop ??!! :lmfao::aah::teehee:

*votes for back of Whoop Whoop*

OK, so now I have a bunch of questions...

Is she conscious?

How severe do they think the stroke is?

Which hospital?

How are you guys all doing?

This is just incredible news. Incredible.

Please let her know I'll be praying for her.

Would it be OK to ask for her to be put on the prayer request list at my church?

Here's some answers...

Yes.

Severe enough to cause paralysis on the right side but confident I'll get movement back.

Royal Prince Alfred (which is one of the neuro questions I get.)

Yes that's fine. I've got nuns, oldies mum used to look after and kids praying for me so go for it!

****!!! OMG. I'll send a letter! Is she ok with everyone knowing about that btw? :blink:

Yes... I actually asked Zoe to tell you guys what was happening.

They should've taken her more seriously.. But, I'm glad they have her in ICU now. They can keep a good eye on her and make sure she doesn't get any worse. Give her my love and tell her I'll keep Adam warm for her. :huglove:

And many hugs to you too Zoe. Must've been quite a fright :huglove:

Don't maul him too much, okay?

mikasounds @nico_collard get well soon Tegan. So sorry to hear whats happened. Sending you love. Mika x

Everytime I see that it puts a massive smile on myf ace...

Wow. A lot has been happening.

I saw Mika's tweet and had to find out what had happened to Teegs. So I'm gunna stay here. And not leave again. I feel so sad for her.

In other news. Why the hell is Mika in Australia? It was kinda sudden, wasn't it?

Julia!

*tries to huggle but misses*

Hmm... Well... I got suspended. For yelling at a teacher that was totally picking on me. So that kinda got a lot out of control.

I shouldn't laugh but that is kinda funny...

Would be cool!

Zoe's just tweeted to Mika. She wrote:

I want to thank you so much for sending your love to my sister, Tegan. When I told her, her whole face lit up with delight! It's wonderful to see someone who cares so much for their fans, especially devoted ones like Tegan. You completely brightened what has been a very dark couple of days for Tegan and I appreciate it a lot!

:wub2:

Mission Accomplished!!!

Awwwwwwwwwww...

I see yoooouuu haven't matured much. :naughty:

Hey-ho Silverado! :huglove:

Yeah, she'd probably thought/said "Shiny" :biggrin2:

I probably did...

Of course she is, really good of her to ring you with the update though. :wub2: Gosh, multiple strokes! She had a stroke and went to the doctor and they didn't even notice, ****! :mad3:

Does anyone know what a "while" means - days/weeks/months? :tears:

Apparently strokes are that much like headaches it's hard to tell the difference :naughty:

Stroke recovery usually takes weeks at the very least. Often it can take months. Tegan is in for a long journey and will need our support and encouragement even more as time goes on, as sometimes it can seem very slow and people can become disheartened if they don't see really obvious improvements. I think her determined streak will help her though.

Stubborn more like!

I'm expecting a kinda long recovery, especially with the finer motor skills...

Flowers for Teegs from Mika arrived at Zoe's at 2:50pm this afternoon accompanied with a message.

They are HUGE!!!!! :shocked:

Zoe's taking pics from multiple angles as we speak..

And then taking them into Teegs once visiting hours start.

More details soon..

I have to say, I really love Mika at times like these. :pinkbow:

So do I :fangurl:

I also sent some flowers to Tegan on behalf of MFC. Maybe she'll get them tomorrow?? Zoe, can you let me know...again, pls surprise Teegs, don't tell her.:wink2:

She didn't... though I can't remember getting them...

Ummm .... no other than the fact that he like's Sydney's public art sculptures & has been tweeting pics.of them *zhhz*

Oh ... & the music industry ppl & journos here seem to love his new album :cheerful_h4h::wink2:

Really? Did he tweet that?

Nothing really Babs ... thanks for asking :wub2:

It is now nearly 4:40am Sat. morn. here in Oz ... but there was no real update for Friday ... I'm hoping no news is good news ... fingers crossed !

*thinks*

not a great deal happened.. well, nothing exciting anyways besides physio...

Hi y'all :huglove:

I went to Geelong with Kobii because we both needed some time out.. I'm in Blahblah now though. I can't go to Sydney yet. Mother Melzy is going away for a few days and it was already organised. Also, I'm Crohn'sey so I'll need a few days to get it under control. Tuesday evening is the earliest I would leave for Sydney.

Hopefully by then I'll be in Orange..

Also, Renee Bargh, Channel V presenter (my new fingers2.gif:naughty: ) tweeted me back today and said she will find out when her Mika interview will air on Channel V for us. :thumb_yello:

*worships her*

Shiny!!!

Oh! I also got into a music thing called Kool Skools. I wrote a song involving vocals, piano, acoustic guitar, violin, bass and drums and it got chosen to be recorded at a professional music studio next term! :groovy:

Awesomeness!!!

ahh, finishing work early to get into the car, and hear blue eyes on the radio, there is a god.

Wow!!! Thats great news!

The IT thing sounds great!

Yeah. I'm not quite sure how it works in NSW with the prerequisites for teaching, but the two sorts of maths are called Mathematics (the more advanced one) and General Maths, as well as extensions. I'm doing mathematics and extension 1 (I may be dropping extension in ear 12 though). But I think I would want to be a sort of English/history high school teacher.

Haha, I probably should be trying to gain some independence, but I'm just lazy. :naughty:

Far as I can remember it's Mathematics and English...

Vegies!! Berocca!! :naughty:

Zoe's not a vegie person...

Have the Professionals :das: given any of you any clue on how to avoid the seizures/strokes then??

Yeah, it's called drugs... :naughty:

Okies, just a quick update... and prob repeating stuff...

They have me on anti coagulants cause my blood has a tendency to clot, so on warfarin for the rest of my life. Have to get blood tests every month to check anti coag levels. Clots still there, not really clearing but not getting worse either.

Currently working on getting me off heparin (IV stuff) and making sure the levels are good.

Also, I have an MRI on Monday.

And apparently meeting with a haematologist on Monday as well..

Oh, And getting poked and prodded all the time by med students, interns and meeting with retired neurologists cause I'm an unusual case.

Arm and leg are still pretty weak and struggling to walk, but getting there slowly.

Once I go home, will be in rehab for a while.

I think that pretty much covers it, so I best go to bed...

FY &GN!

TEEEEEEEEEEEGAAAAN!!!!!!!!!! :fangurl:! :fangurl:!

It's more than just good to have you back :fangurl::cheerful_h4h: (:das:)!

Hahahaha, I totally missed thatr openness-thread thingy, too. I'm rubbish at keeping Bianca on track with info (is that English) :naughty:. My emails were quite un-MFCish I think :think1:. What happened?