The Australian Thread: Part Twenty

Rainbow Sky

I got Ds in 2 of my units (which is good) and a withheld in one because they have lost the marks for an assignment/the assignment itself. Going into the uni tomorrow if I have time after seeing a dental surgeon about my teeth in the morning, to try and sort it. I did hand that assignment in, I recall handing it in, and I need to know if I passed the unit or not

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Ds in 2 of my units (which is good) and a withheld in one because they have lost the marks for an assignment/the assignment itself. Going into the uni tomorrow if I have time after seeing a dental surgeon about my teeth in the morning, to try and sort it. I did hand that assignment in, I recall handing it in, and I need to know if I passed the unit or not

I really had to read this twice:naughty: I thought "Why does she need to see a dental surgeon before facing uni? Is she going to get her teeth sharpened so that she can bite the people who lost her assignment?" :blink:

:roftl:

:doh:

The epitome of grace and elegance, as usual :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:, I always wondered what this position looked like from the back. Now I know :naughty:.

Am hanging out to hear We Are Golden- and I am hoping it gets good airplay here once released. Just today I heard GK on one radio station, and then minutes later BG, so they are definately still supporting him (well, here in Perth anyway!)

*instructs Mika to go and play in Perth multiple times in a row :cheers::boing::trumpet:* (!!!)

I really had to read this twice:naughty: I thought "Why does she need to see a dental surgeon before facing uni? Is she going to get her teeth sharpened so that she can bite the people who lost her assignment?" :blink:

:roftl:

:doh:

Nah its all about the wisdom teeth, such fun as always

Nah its all about the wisdom teeth, such fun as always

I had problems with my wisdom teeth when they came through as I have quite a small mouth. The two on the upper jaw had to be removed, but they took out other teeth on the bottom jaw to make room.

So as I only have two out of four wisdom teeth, does that make me a halfwit?:mf_rosetinted:

I had problems with my wisdom teeth when they came through as I have quite a small mouth. The two on the upper jaw had to be removed, but they took out other teeth on the bottom jaw to make room.

So as I only have two out of four wisdom teeth, does that make me a halfwit?:mf_rosetinted:

All mine get to be removed, just have to wait a few weeks apparently. Got another mouth xray today and their sending me a letter with my next appointment which will hopefully be the removal one.

My bottom ones are twice as big as my top, does that mean the bottom half of me is smarter? :dunno:

And you'll have 2 more wisdom teeth than me by the time mine are removed, so if your a halfwit what will that make me?

But NOW I live in an awesome house! Which is where I am right now! But it's 1.30 and I have to sleep at the house I am hous esitting at, which is over an hour drive away!

Awesome! What kind of song? I love violins!

awesome! Teachers aid thing sounds interesting, I wouldnt want to go back to my high school though, but the again, my high school is full of psychos who are very un-accepting of teachers :naughty:

I always thought i'd stay with my parents till the end of uni, but now i have my own house i'm excitedddd to live on my own

Aww!!!

Your house looks awesome! :biggrin2:

Umm, it's sort of a ballad-y thing. It's quite hard to describe but it's called 'The Fox and the Eagle' and it has slow and melancholic verses with a more upbeat chorus. I think my music teacher wants to make the violin part a bit more interesting thought, so I'm getting the new guy in my music class to sort that out (he's the violinist).

This may sound odd, but I love my school. The majority of the kids are friendly and all of my teachers are brilliant. However, there are a few teachers that I really dislike but thankfully they teach the younger years. So yeah.. I'd prefer to stay there, with familiar faces and surroundings, than having to go and get a real job. But I shouldn't get ahead of myself, you have to apply and then be selected by the principal.. But I think he is quite fond of me (probably because we are both huge nerds). :naughty:

I can definitely see the appeal of owning your own house. I'd love to have my own space where I can just do whatever I want. But then again, I think I'd probably get scared if I was living on my own. I would probably go around making sure every single door and window was locked at least five times before being able to go to bed. :wink2:

We didn't really get to look at the cars for as long as I would have liked because my Dad was working on the weekend. But we did (as my Dad puts it) have a bit of a squiz. There were two cars that I really liked. One was a little white Proton and the other was a really cute red Volkswagen Beetle. They're both a little expensive, but my Dad said that "we will see".

Harry Potter was great! Perhaps lacking a little bit of action at some stages, but overall it was a really well done film. For the first time since he came into them in The Prisoner Of Azkaban, I actually thoroughly enjoyed Michael Gambon's portrayal of Dumbledore. I've always been extremely critical of him because Dumbledore is probably my favourite character within the books and he just really frustrated me with all the over-the-top anger, etc. But I think Gambon pulled him off really excellently in this one. Everything else was great.. Tom Felton really showed the deeper aspects of Malfoy's character, the romance was funny and well done (except for that stupid scene with Harry and Ginny in the room of requirement), Daniel Radcliffe was both serious and hilarious at the right moments and the cave scene, although a little bit shorter than I would have hoped, was brilliantly frightening. And as always, Alan Rickman was amazing as Snape (my other favourite book character). :thumb_yello:

All mine get to be removed, just have to wait a few weeks apparently. Got another mouth xray today and their sending me a letter with my next appointment which will hopefully be the removal one.

My bottom ones are twice as big as my top, does that mean the bottom half of me is smarter? :dunno:

And you'll have 2 more wisdom teeth than me by the time mine are removed, so if your a halfwit what will that make me?

My Mum had six wisdom teeth. :naughty:

Harry Potter was great! Perhaps lacking a little bit of action at some stages, but overall it was a really well done film. For the first time since he came into them in The Prisoner Of Azkaban, I actually thoroughly enjoyed Michael Gambon's portrayal of Dumbledore. I've always been extremely critical of him because Dumbledore is probably my favourite character within the books and he just really frustrated me with all the over-the-top anger, etc. But I think Gambon pulled him off really excellently in this one. Everything else was great.. Tom Felton really showed the deeper aspects of Malfoy's character, the romance was funny and well done (except for that stupid scene with Harry and Ginny in the room of requirement), Daniel Radcliffe was both serious and hilarious at the right moments and the cave scene, although a little bit shorter than I would have hoped, was brilliantly frightening. And as always, Alan Rickman was amazing as Snape (my other favourite book character). :thumb_yello:

I haven't seen it yet, but I totally agree with the OTT stuff. It absolutely killed me. IMO, Richard Harris was perfect for the part. But good things don't last forever...=|

I haven't seen it yet, but I totally agree with the OTT stuff. It absolutely killed me. IMO, Richard Harris was perfect for the part. But good things don't last forever...=|

I loved Richard Harris as Dumbledore as well. I wouldn't be too annoyed with Michael Gambon if they had at least tried to keep some continuity between the two portrayals. The two things that annoyed me the most were the pointless changes to the Irish accent and the grey hair and beard. Dumbledore's beard is supposed to be silver! And I know everybody mentions this but the worst moment of all the films so far (even worse than Dan's crying in Prisoner of Azkaban, bless him), is when Gambon's Dumbledore strangled Harry while shouting "DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?!?!?"

Richard Harris was perfect, but it seems, with the sixth film, that Michael Gambon is finally becoming more like the Dumbledore I have in my head.

just wanted to say HI...

im not from Australia, but Denmark...

Hello! How are you? :biggrin2:

I got an email today which told me that I had a new private messaage waiting for me at Mikasounds. I wasn't even aware I had registered :naughty:. It's either my oldoldold account or I really managed to register somehow in the early days of new Mikasounds when the site always screwed up my entire internet.

Anyway - :naughty::

What the heck? :lmfao:

Hey....lol, I'm not an aussie, haven't even chatted on here before,I just wondered who Magiret is, searched MFC and found your post!

I got the very same message! :roftl:

Hello

Sent from cindyforall | July 13th, 2009 at 12:17 pm

Hello.

my name is magiret i saw your profile today and i became intrested in you and i will like to know more about you and if you can mail an email to my mail address i will give you my picture.here is my mail address (magiretsam@yahoo.co.uk) i hope we can move from here.waiting for your mail to my mail address above.

magiret

"What the heck?" -lol exactly... :lmao:

Edited by Zsina

I loved Richard Harris as Dumbledore as well. I wouldn't be too annoyed with Michael Gambon if they had at least tried to keep some continuity between the two portrayals. The two things that annoyed me the most were the pointless changes to the Irish accent and the grey hair and beard. Dumbledore's beard is supposed to be silver! And I know everybody mentions this but the worst moment of all the films so far (even worse than Dan's crying in Prisoner of Azkaban, bless him), is when Gambon's Dumbledore strangled Harry while shouting "DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?!?!?"

Richard Harris was perfect, but it seems, with the sixth film, that Michael Gambon is finally becoming more like the Dumbledore I have in my head.

Yeah, the beard was annoying too! And the shouting in GOF! I think it was at that point I announced to the cinema that "That is so not right!"

Like I said before, I haven't seen the film yet, but I'm willing to take your word that his character is improving! =]

Hey....lol, I'm not an aussie, haven't even chatted on here before,I just wondered who Magiret is, searched MFC and found your post!

Hello

Hello.

my name is magiret i saw your profile today and i became intrested in you and i will like to know more about you and if you can mail an email to my mail address i will give you my picture.here is my mail address (magiretsam@yahoo.co.uk) i hope we can move from here.waiting for your mail to my mail address above.

magiret

Well, we are hot I guess :das:

Hello

Hello.

magiret

Well, we are hot I guess :das:

Yep Zsina & Petra ... others have received this exact same message also ... it seems spam has hit Mikasounds.com too ... :rolls_eyes: ...

just wanted to say HI...

I just wanted to say Hi too! Much time after my last post here...No, it wasn't here, it was like 5 parts ago :naughty:

A big big hug and a kiss for all you, though I don't know you all, many people joined the aussie thread I see, and many old MFCers are dropping by to chat with you :wink2:

And as I said to Kelzy in a message...what has Scut Monkey been up to? I've not seen her for a while...

Now, onto what brought me into this thread.

I was listening to British radio, and they referred to the country as "Au -strahl- yuh." And I find most Canadians pronounce it "Au-stray-ill-yuh."

So I'm curious - how do real live Aussies pronounce it? :teehee:

If I'm trying to impress I'll say "Oz-stray-lee-ahr"

If I'm in my bogan mockies I'll just say "us-trayl-yah" :naughty:

And I've PM'd you all.

Hi Everyone ... I'm back online :woot_jump: .. my nephew had a 41 degree temp and it was because of pneumonia at first and then was told he has glandular fever and needs to get his tonsils out... he was discharged today and is doing better but still sick ... just have to wait to see what happens next ... hope i havent missed much ... xoxox

I hope he's feeling better soon.

just wanted to say HI...

Hello!

And, hello to you too.

On a French website there is a snippet of "We Are Golden".

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-68245.html

It may not be what you are expecting.

eeerrrrrrrrmmmm... I'm not sure what to think. Not at all what I'd expected. :blink:

I just wanted to say Hi too! Much time after my last post here...No, it wasn't here, it was like 5 parts ago :naughty:

A big big hug and a kiss for all you, though I don't know you all, many people joined the aussie thread I see, and many old MFCers are dropping by to chat with you :wink2:

And as I said to Kelzy in a message...what has Scut Monkey been up to? I've not seen her for a while...

Hey :biggrin2: Long time - no see! *big hugs* I'm just going to reply to you over there :wink2:

And, Hello everyone. Hope we're all well.

Hi all, I'm currently up to the usual- procrastinating. Found out yesterday that the second part of my Biology EEI is not due in week three, but Monday week 2. I.e- in two days. Being the sort of person I am, I haven't started it, and have dedicated my day tomorrow to a gymkhana with Bonza. To my credit, I did just do some research, but am currently counteracting that good behaviour by allowing my concentration to lapse and post here. :naughty:

No-one seems to be in here tonight...

eeerrrrrrrrmmmm... I'm not sure what to think. Not at all what I'd expected. :blink:

I don't like what I hear to be completely honest but I didnt like "The only lonely one" first as well because it sounded strange :dunno:. BUT.. it DOES remind me of another song (it actually sounds veryveryveryVERY much like this other song). I just ABSOLUTELY can't come up which other song it was :think1:

:jawdrop: A tweet from Fanny after meeting Mika at Latitude Fest. ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fannyfamily: mika will play on sidney..dont ask me when ;)

:woot_jump: THANKS FANNY !!! :huglove::fangurl:

Now this is pretty noice news, eh ?? :cheerful_h4h:

EDIT: That was about an hour ago ... :pinkbow:

I don't like what I hear to be completely honest but I didnt like "The only lonely one" first as well because it sounded strange :dunno:. BUT.. it DOES remind me of another song (it actually sounds veryveryveryVERY much like this other song). I just ABSOLUTELY can't come up which other song it was :think1:

The general consensus is Belinda Carlisle "Heaven is a place on Earth"

Edited by silver

The general consensus is Belinda Carlisle "Heaven is a place on Earth"

ABSOLUTELY!!! Silver, THANK YOU!!! This has been keeping me busy and bothering me since that link was put up. And then I couldnt even come up with at least parts of the text of the song WAG reminded me of so that I could google them :crybaby: and I tried checking the threads but it was a bit confusing :sneaky2:. THANK YOU!!! :bow:

Let's just hope the whole song is much better than the snippet. When we saw the choir in the vlog, I thought this song was going to be great. Whereas, if he'd played this extract, I wouldn't have thought much of it at all :dunno: