Mika Clues Thread

purplegrape

So we all know theres a something happening in L.A. and we're apparently gonna start getting clues so I figured it'd be good to organize all of our thoughts and discussions in one place made just for these clues. Teamwork might help us crack them.

This isn't just for people going to L.A., cause I'm not, but I think it might be fun playing along with Mika's little game.

We got this last night (by my time anyway)

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18185

then Mika left us out first clue on twitter:

' ICE CREAM, the first clue'

*note: really Perez left the first clue by saying

'Fabulous! @mikasounds it will be A LOT of fun. I love surprises - and ice cream! (Shout out to the MFC.)'

for anyone who was confused, I believe the 'shout out to the MFC' was just meant to tell us that he had given us a clue. Mika then confirmed it.

And this is on Mikasounds:

Here’s the first clue for early next week!

mxx!

icecream2.png

icecream1.png

So, where is everyone gonna start? Looking up ice cream shops in L.A.?

:naughty:

Edited by purplegrape

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I found this, if it means anything: http://pzacad.pitzer.edu/~lyamane/icecream.htm

and this part is whats important:

Here in Los Angeles it is difficult to find good ice cream. Californians seem to prefer frozen yogurt over ice cream. But there are a few places worth an hour drive or less.

Bert & Rocky's Cream Company

The best ice cream in the Southland. Try their almost paradise. Tell Brent that Linus sent you. 1041 West Foothill Blvd, Upland, (909) 946-6805 and 242 Yale Avenue, Claremont, (909) 625-1852.

Eiger's

The family owned and eternally busy Eiger's (names for the mountain in Switzerland) has been making its intoxicatingly delicious ice cream on the premises for 18 years. Popular flavors include mocha almond fudge, chocolate raspberry and vanilla brownie fudge. Barrington Place, Brentwood, (310) 471-6955.

McConnell's

100 Fishermans Wharf # B, Redondo Beach, (310) 376-2544

835 E Canon Perdido St, Santa Barbara, CA, (805) 968-8813

Al Gelato

Robertson Boulevard has been a slow drive lately, so if you must drive it at all, why not stop and console yourself with a creamy, homemade gelato from this friendly Italian takeout café? Try the crème brulee gelato with its intense caramel flavor. Also good are cappuccino with toffee chips, coffee crunch, the delicate vanilla creme and the fruit ices. Open until midnight seven days a week. 806 S. Robertson Blvd, Los Angeles, (310) 659-8069.

Fosselman's Ice Cream Company

This family owned Alhambra ice cream company was started more than 70 years ago and still makes the best ice cream around - it wins a Gold Medal at the L.A. County Fair every year. Don't miss the peach, the French vanilla or the toasted almond. New and popular are fat-free sorbets. 1824 W. Main Street, Alhambra, (818) 283-6533.

Gill's Old Fashioned Ice Cream

Homemade ice cream, homemade sorbets, sugar-free/fat-free yogurt. Ice cream cakes and special ice cream molds for all occasions. Family owned since 1963. 3rd Street and Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, (213) 936-6786

Bennett's Ice Cream

Premium ice cream, frozen yogurt, ices, ice cream cakes, molds. Full fountain service. Also at the Farmer's Market. 3rd Street and Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, (323) 936-7986

Emack & Bolio's

2049 Century Park East #14, Los Angeles, (310) 556-1895

Soda Jerks

This terrific old-fashioned soda fountain, located just south of Old Town in Pasadena, features Fosselman's ice cream and some of the best-natured "soda jerks" around. There's everything from 2 cents plain and lime rickeys to mind-boggling sundaes and wonderful coffee. 219 S. Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena, (818) 583-8031.

Double Rainbow

Among top-notch rich ice creams, Double Rainbow distinguishes itself for having the biggest chips and chunks. For example, the cappuccino chocolate crunch has huge chunks of chocolate-covered toffee. The French vanilla and the dark, profound ultra chocolate are also very popular. 1898 Westwood Blvd, Westwood, (310) 470-6232 and 7376 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, (213) 655-1986.

Titus Levi also recommend the following place in Los Angeles:

Hans' Homemade Ice Cream

3640 S Bristol St, Santa Ana (714) 979-8815

Robin Rose Ice Cream

215 Rose Ave, Venice (310) 399-1774

Lappert's Ice Cream

29 Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach (310) 318-3953

:thumb_yello:

hahaha i looked up every ice cream shop in l.a. but i live in the complete opposite side of the states so i really don't know much about it.

my week is ruined by the way

Hey Greycelli I've just noticed you are a new member. Welcome to the MFC!

Love the picture of your wedding btw!

"puts on her Detective hat"

..elementary dear watson...:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:This reminds me of a joke that I always liked:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes his faithful friend.

'Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see.'

Watson replies, 'I see millions of stars.'

'What does that tell you?'

Watson ponders for a minute. 'Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Timewise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?'

Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks. 'Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent.'

:mf_lustslow::roftl:

Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson go on a camping trip, set up their tent, and fall asleep. Some hours later, Holmes wakes his faithful friend.

Watson ponders for a minute. 'Astronomically speaking, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me that Saturn is in Leo. Timewise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What does it tell you?'

Holmes is silent for a moment, then speaks. 'Watson, you idiot, someone has stolen our tent.'

:lmfao:

I love it!:roftl:

:lmfao::lmao:

Hehe I love that joke.

Here's another one (and before I get accused of anything, let me clarify that Irish people are my favourite people in this world!! This is not an offensive joke IMO, just plain funny):

Ryanair pilot, Paddy... Is flying into Manchester. The plane is in

trouble, so he calls the tower and says 'help, help! Easter Monday.

Pancake Tuesday. New years eve. Halloween. Bonfire night!

Voice comes back and says, ' for foock sake Paddy, it's Mayday!!

Ok, I'm on a roll. Here another funny one:

A man is sitting on a plane waiting to get served for drinks but he notices that the refreshments cart seems to have stopped well in front of him. He looks to the front of the plane where all of the air hostesses seem to be running around after one of the passengers who is bossing them around. When he looks closer, he notices that the passenger is a very rude parrot.

"Get me a whiskey now bitch!" screamed the parrot, and she hurried off rather nervously to get it.

"Get me some peanuts you whore!" he screamed to another girl, and again in fear of the horrible parrot she rushed off to get some.

The man thought to himself that if he tried the same approach as the parrot then he might get served. The next time an air hostess walked past the man shouted, "Hey slag! Get me a beer!" The air hostess instantly burst into tears and ran to the front of the plane and into the cockpit. A few minutes later the co-pilot and several air hostesses walked back out of the cockpit, grabbed the man and the parrot and threw them out of the plane.

As they began falling towards earth the parrot turned to the nervous looking man and said, "well, you're a cheeky foocker for someone who can't fly!"

I never went to LA so i dunno but is Sunset Blv. near Venice Beach???

Pardon my ignorance...

I don't really know, it's a famous boulevard in LA and it popped into my head when I read sunset.

I'm pretty sure it's near venice beach, a little bit to the north if I remember well.

You're not ignorant :thumb_yello:

Yep, new clue!!

twitter:

New clue; Wednesday Sunset

My dad says check ice cream shops on sunset blvd and I guess it's gonna happen wednesday.

I think Perez twittered "On the Roxy" which is the name of a club on sunset. Smarter people than me are speculating that the ice cream clue is about how to get tickets

Guess we need a time clue too

I think Perez twittered "On the Roxy" which is the name of a club on sunset. Smarter people than me are speculating that the ice cream clue is about how to get tickets

Guess we need a time clue too

ah, you see I don't follow Perez so I don't see his things. :mf_rosetinted: are we sure thats related to Mika though?

ah, you see I don't follow Perez so I don't see his things. :mf_rosetinted: are we sure thats related to Mika though?

I didn't see it- but a lot of people did, and they seem pretty confident. Christine saw it, and she's unlikely to have misread it. It was in the ssss- secret thread