keti

when i was on a trip in san francisco w/ band/choir [school] we were at the andy warhol exhibit thing in a museum and in part of the exhibit there is a futon, and disco ball, and music and like 15 of us layed on the futon, and were just staring up at the ceiling for over 45 minutes, and ppl were laughing at us, but it was pretty cool, we felt like we were on drugs haha. but i was wearing my mika shirt, and some ppl pointed at it :P

Haha, how cool! :biggrin2:

So you like his art eh? :wub2:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of his drawings...

4am285.jpg

this one is really cool :mf_lustslow:

:shocked: you'd really do that?? Ooh I love it so muuuch! Thank you! :huglove

:biggrin2:

your welcome:huglove:

I just have to ask my mom first, and see if I can get it :biggrin2:

Edith Minturn "Edie" Sedgwick (April 20, 1943 – November 16, 1971) was an American actress, socialite, model, and heiress. She is best known for being one of Andy Warhol's Muses. Sedgwick became known as "The Girl of Year" in 1965 after starring in several of Andy Warhol's short films in the 1960s.

She was so pretty :wub2:

7582_Edie_Sedgwick2.jpg

EdieSedgwick.jpg

fashion-graphics-2_1086801a.jpg

edie_sedgwick_by_keithm00n.jpg

stye%20icon%20edie%20sedgwick.jpg

Factory Girl

Factory_girl.jpg

Factory Girl is an American biopic based on the life of socialite and 1960s underground film star Edie Sedgwick. The film premiered in Los Angeles on December 29, 2006.

Edie Sedgwick (Sienna Miller) is a young heiress studying art in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She moves to New York City, where she is introduced to Pop Art painter and film-maker Andy Warhol (Guy Pearce). Intrigued by the beautiful socialite, he asks her to perform in one of his underground movies. Soon she is spending time with him at the Factory, his studio and also the hangout of a group of eccentrics, some of them addicts. Her status as Warhol Superstar and success as a fashion model gain her popularity and international attention.

Amid the excitement, terrible things in her past come to light - abuse from her father, who committed adultery in their home and tried to seduce her repeatedly since her childhood, treatment in a mental hospital when she was a teenager, and the recent suicide of a brother, after their father harshly rejected him for coming out as gay. Extravagant and frivolous, she spends money recklessly on clothes and dinner parties at posh restaurants. Through the family’s financial advisor, she is warned of bankruptcy and her parents’ decision to cut her off unless she leaves the Warhol group. As her money runs out, the effects of her drug abuse become obvious.

Her Cambridge friend Sid introduces her to poet and singer Billy Quinn (Hayden Christensen). The makers of Factory Girl created this character so as to resemble Bob Dylan. Edie sees that Andy is irritated when she tells him about Billy. She tries but fails to keep her love affair with Billy a secret. To reconcile them, she arranges a meeting. Although he agrees to be filmed by Andy, when Billy visits the studio he shows his contempt. As he is leaving, she tries once more to make peace, but Billy calls Andy a “bloodsucker” who will “kill” her. Seeing that she will stay, he kisses her forehead, says, “Take care of yourself, baby,” and walks away.

As addiction takes its toll, Edie’s relationship with Andy deteriorates. Confused, she is unaware of the danger while smoking in bed and starts a fire, surviving with burns. Modeling agencies refuse to hire her. Interrupting a luncheon of Andy and his friends, she demands to be paid and accuses him of ruining her, shouting obscenities. Quiet and sarcastic, he says, “I gave you fifty dollars. Did you spend it already?” He uses this opportunity to tell her that Billy has been secretly married.

When Sid sees her again, she has become a prostitute. In a taxi, he shows Edie, who is very depressed, a photo of herself when they were art students and asks, “Do you remember that girl?” He says that he fell in love with her then, and tells her that she can still be an artist. She says that she cannot bear her loneliness but interrupts him, asking the driver, “Can we go?” When the driver says that they are stuck in a traffic jam, she leaves the cab and runs frantically down the street. The scene changes to a hospital, years in the future. She tells an interviewer that she is overcoming her addiction and is glad to be home in Santa Barbara. Captions give facts about her last few years, her struggle to control drug abuse and her marriage to another patient, which ended in less than four months when she died of an overdose.

Factory Girl

Factory_girl.jpg

Factory Girl is an American biopic based on the life of socialite and 1960s underground film star Edie Sedgwick. The film premiered in Los Angeles on December 29, 2006.

Edie Sedgwick (Sienna Miller) is a young heiress studying art in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She moves to New York City, where she is introduced to Pop Art painter and film-maker Andy Warhol (Guy Pearce). Intrigued by the beautiful socialite, he asks her to perform in one of his underground movies. Soon she is spending time with him at the Factory, his studio and also the hangout of a group of eccentrics, some of them addicts. Her status as Warhol Superstar and success as a fashion model gain her popularity and international attention.

Amid the excitement, terrible things in her past come to light - abuse from her father, who committed adultery in their home and tried to seduce her repeatedly since her childhood, treatment in a mental hospital when she was a teenager, and the recent suicide of a brother, after their father harshly rejected him for coming out as gay. Extravagant and frivolous, she spends money recklessly on clothes and dinner parties at posh restaurants. Through the family’s financial advisor, she is warned of bankruptcy and her parents’ decision to cut her off unless she leaves the Warhol group. As her money runs out, the effects of her drug abuse become obvious.

Her Cambridge friend Sid introduces her to poet and singer Billy Quinn (Hayden Christensen). The makers of Factory Girl created this character so as to resemble Bob Dylan. Edie sees that Andy is irritated when she tells him about Billy. She tries but fails to keep her love affair with Billy a secret. To reconcile them, she arranges a meeting. Although he agrees to be filmed by Andy, when Billy visits the studio he shows his contempt. As he is leaving, she tries once more to make peace, but Billy calls Andy a “bloodsucker” who will “kill” her. Seeing that she will stay, he kisses her forehead, says, “Take care of yourself, baby,” and walks away.

As addiction takes its toll, Edie’s relationship with Andy deteriorates. Confused, she is unaware of the danger while smoking in bed and starts a fire, surviving with burns. Modeling agencies refuse to hire her. Interrupting a luncheon of Andy and his friends, she demands to be paid and accuses him of ruining her, shouting obscenities. Quiet and sarcastic, he says, “I gave you fifty dollars. Did you spend it already?” He uses this opportunity to tell her that Billy has been secretly married.

When Sid sees her again, she has become a prostitute. In a taxi, he shows Edie, who is very depressed, a photo of herself when they were art students and asks, “Do you remember that girl?” He says that he fell in love with her then, and tells her that she can still be an artist. She says that she cannot bear her loneliness but interrupts him, asking the driver, “Can we go?” When the driver says that they are stuck in a traffic jam, she leaves the cab and runs frantically down the street. The scene changes to a hospital, years in the future. She tells an interviewer that she is overcoming her addiction and is glad to be home in Santa Barbara. Captions give facts about her last few years, her struggle to control drug abuse and her marriage to another patient, which ended in less than four months when she died of an overdose.

that sounds like a really good movie :wub2::biggrin2:

but sad at the end:sad:

mickeymouse.jpg

havent seen this before! mickey mouse painted in andy warhol stlye, amazing!

i love andy warhol's work. his portraits of marilyn have always fascinated me the most.

that sounds like a really good movie grin2:

but sad at the end:sad:

Yeah :sad: I'd like to have it :wub2:

havent seen this before! mickey mouse painted in andy warhol stlye, amazing!

i love andy warhol's work. his portraits of marilyn have always fascinated me the most.

Glad you like it! :thumb_yello:

Edith Minturn "Edie" Sedgwick (April 20, 1943 – November 16, 1971) was an American actress, socialite, model, and heiress. She is best known for being one of Andy Warhol's Muses. Sedgwick became known as "The Girl of Year" in 1965 after starring in several of Andy Warhol's short films in the 1960s.

She was so pretty

EdieSedgwick.jpg

edie_sedgwick_by_keithm00n.jpg

stye%20icon%20edie%20sedgwick.jpg

Those Black and White pics were great...I think they're all gone now though :huh: (just little X's now) EDIT- they are no longer X's. Excuse my messed up computer.:teehee:

You really need to see Factory Girl, I want you to see it because you would love it!

Is there any way I can help, like buy it and send it to you or something? Or maybe you can buy it online. I don't know, but you need to see it. :bleh:

I can't right now but I have a few pics from Madame Tussauds of a wax Andy in his studio. :naughty: It looks great, I'll try and post them one of the days.

Edited by tauruslady

Anyone on here liking this guy as much as I do? ^^

Andy Warhol was born Andrew Warhola in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania on August 6th 1928. (He was Leo like Mika!!)

What do you think about him? Do you like him? What of his works do you like? If you don't like him, why?

:biggrin2:

I Appreciate and salute Andy only for one thing, creating The Velvet Underground. :wub2:

velvet.jpg

Edited by Mici

Those Black and White pics were great...I think they're all gone now though (just little X's now) EDIT- they are no longer X's. Excuse my messed up computer.

You really need to see Factory Girl, I want you to see it because you would love it!

Is there any way I can help, like buy it and send it to you or something? Or maybe you can buy it online. I don't know, but you need to see it.

I can't right now but I have a few pics from Madame Tussauds of a wax Andy in his studio. It looks great, I'll try and post them one of the days.

Oh I'd SO much like to see it! My dad went to another video shop and asked about it, they didn't have it :boxed: I'll try again somewhere, but I just don't think it'll end up successful. People here are just not very interested in those kind of movies and especially not in Andy Warhol :naughty:

Aww, you'd send it to me? That's so nice of you :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

Oh and, I couldn't buy it online for sure ('cos my dad doesn't allow it to me - we have never bought anything online - and they probably don't do the shipping for Serbia as well)...

But you know what, I'll try to find it in some more stores here so if I find it I'll let you know about it. Okay? :original:

Wow, really?? They've got his statues in Madame Tussauds? What a bummer I didn't get to visit it when I was in London :thumbdown:

Okay, send it when you can! Would love to see it!

I Appreciate and salute Andy only for one thing, creating The Velvet Underground.

velvet.jpg

Oh yeah, they're great. Such an interesting band!

I love Andy Warhol! I have seen a great exposition of some of his work last year in Amsterdam.

Really? :boing: so how was it?

Oh, my mother's friend's daughter came back from New York last week and she was in Metropolitan Museum Of Art (:drool:) but she hasn't said anything about seeing his artworks... :sad:

Welcome to the MFC btw! :bleh::bye:

736001352_small.jpg

haven't seen this before...but I love it:biggrin2:

thats the empire state building I think, right? :teehee:

I love new york....speaking of..I'm wearing my "I love NY" sweatshirt right now:roftl:

I also love the black and white:wub2:

haven't seen this before...but I love it:2:

thats the empire state building I think, right? :

I love new york....speaking of..I'm wearing my "I love NY" sweatshirt right now:roftl:

I also love the black and white:wub2:

Yeah! It's amazing! :wub2::teehee:

OMG!! :mf_lustslow:

Oh I'd SO much like to see it! My dad went to another video shop and asked about it, they didn't have it I'll try again somewhere, but I just don't think it'll end up successful. People here are just not very interested in those kind of movies and especially not in Andy Warhol

Aww, you'd send it to me? That's so nice of you

Oh and, I couldn't buy it online for sure ('cos my dad doesn't allow it to me - we have never bought anything online - and they probably don't do the shipping for Serbia as well)...

But you know what, I'll try to find it in some more stores here so if I find it I'll let you know about it. Okay?

Wow, really?? They've got his statues in Madame Tussauds? What a bummer I didn't get to visit it when I was in London

Okay, send it when you can! Would love to see it!

Hi again, so any joy with finding the dvd?

Yeah I could send you one. I haven't got one myself, but I'm sure I could find 2 copies easy enough.

Yeah maybe PM me if you still want to do that, you have to see it!:teehee:

Yeah he is in Madame Tussauds, they have a lil part for Andy and his studio and they let you get your photo taken Warhol style! If you're ever there again sometime try it.

Here's some of the pics I was on about anyway.

LondonAugust08147.jpg

LondonAugust08148.jpg

He looks so lifelike, it's so weird.:naughty:

LondonAugust08150.jpg

LondonAugust08151.jpg

Sorry if they are really big.:teehee: