MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge | New York City, USA

Christine

I can believe it. Didn't Terminal 5 sell out in a day? The presale would have been 350 tickets max.

A friend of mine isn't sure that she's coming but I bought her a ticket because it's easier to sell one than to try to buy it later.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can believe it. Didn't Terminal 5 sell out in a day? The presale would have been 350 tickets max.

A friend of mine isn't sure that she's coming but I bought her a ticket because it's easier to sell one than to try to buy it later.

i think terminal 5 sold out in 3 days, but that was 3,000 people.

:Update:

New Mika tweet :wink2:

Presale tix for NYC show already sold out but because of tech hickup yesterday, we are going to release a few more for those who missed out!

24 minutes ago from Tweetie

Anyone have any idea when this is gonna happen? Or has it all ready happened? I'm lookin for the new presale tix and don't see any!

Also, does anyone know if the price of general sale tickets is more $$? Or is it all the same?

WOOO MIKA IN NYC!!!!!!!

Anyone have any idea when this is gonna happen? Or has it all ready happened? I'm lookin for the new presale tix and don't see any!

Also, does anyone know if the price of general sale tickets is more $$? Or is it all the same?

WOOO MIKA IN NYC!!!!!!!

The additional presale tickets have been released -- they're $25 + $2.50

handling fee. :thumb_yello:

I'm not sure whether general sale tickets will cost the same or more.

Well I have to tell you I agree with Sara's philosophy in general but it seems to me she is making a lot better luck than most of us.

I told Mana that not being able to speak to Mika at the ice cream truck was totally predictable and she couldn't understand how that could be under the circumstances. I said...err...cause I'm here and as long as I'm involved it's always a burn?

Then I said not to worry because Sara was arriving soon so it would all work out the next day. Sure enough I got back to my hotel and Sara was there and so was a message from Mika saying he'd love to say hi to MFC tomorrow. :fangurl:

The moral of the story is you may want to convince Sara to come if you intend to make some luck like Sara's and not some luck like mine.

Not really, I've also had pretty bad luck myself on top of the good luck :roftl: but I do like to play the game.

If you don't buy the lotto ticket, you will surely never win :naughty:, but we do have very similar views on these things anyway I think.

Oh, and I am quoting this post because I want to preserve you posting a fangurl smiley for the future, even though it's totally justified considering the circumstances, hehehe.

SARAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! YOU HAVE TO COME!!! I DON'T WANT CHRISTINE'S LUCK!!!!

Never mind the luck, but I may be considering it :fisch:

I'm about to fly half way around the frigging world to see Mika...

Nevermind the fact that I don't have a passport, visa exemption or plane tickets... or accomodation...

Not to worry:

Eh you've got a whole 26ish days to sort all that out!

Exactly. I had less than 24 hours from the moment when I mad the decision/told boss/bought tickets to when I was boarding the plane so it can surely be done in a month :roftl:.

It will be incredible that you go though!! For sure give it a shot if you can, why the hell not. I subscribe to what Sienna said about the things that we regret and what these tend to be.

Wow!!! I do not want to encourage this one iota because I would feel horribly guilty if this isn't the best gig that ever was...but it would be so great to see you and see the Aussies represented finally.

I hope this all pans out for you!

Yeah, exactly. To be honest, I'm not even focusing on the actual gig being super fantastic amazing, or expecting the most unbelievable time. The reasons that are driving me to consider this are also largely spending time with the lovely North American MFC'ers that I know, meeting new ones and being in NYC again. It's all just a really nice package that really attracts me.

Ok, and some curly haired dude too, but hey :roftl:.

God, I just asked my mom if we could go and she freaked out.

"NO! I said no, Nono. I give into your obsessions enough....blah blah"

Don't despair or get mad. Give it some time and you never know, if you put forward a good case she may come round...There's still time...I hope it works out!!! It would be lovely to see you again (if I did go myself that is, of course) :roftl:

I don't think so, Kath, sorry -- one's the announcement thread, and this one is the gig thread.

If I combine this with the announcement, we'll lose all

the RSVPs -- they won't show on the front page. And the announcement

needs to be on the front page, because we're still trying to sell tickets

for the gig :wink2:

But Mana did close the front page thread, so that ought to help a bit, yes?[/QUOTE]

I really appreciate your answer Deb but have not a clue what it actually means.....it's ok...just ignore me...I shall just choose one of the threads to follow I think, then I will be less confused....I think:naughty:

I have got booked....flights and hotel....it is REAL now:shocked:

Sorry Deb.........I understand now:naughty:

Just ignore me:roftl:

(Jeeze.................I seem to think I can get myself to New York:naughty:)

I'm still trying to find a really cheap plane ticket:blink: AND a hotel.

I went for the Pod hotel that Christine suggested.

Thanks Christine.....looks good......it has got good reviews:thumb_yello:

Yes. We tried to find something last night but we couldn't find anything.

In my case, I have to take more than one train to get to the venue! It is quite far for me :blink:

I hope we get to meet!!!

In my case, I have to take more than one train to get to the venue! It is quite far for me :blink:

I hope we get to meet!!!

I hope we get to meet too!

Mine and Alex's biggest worry is finding a hotel for CHEAP:blink: