MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge | New York City, USA

Christine

You know, we really have no idea if there even IS a support act. :blink:

Well, I don't think he's going to have a massive strip show. But then I really don't get why an 18+ venue is required. I mean, can it really be possible that they're just not aware of that?

Do they want to make some sick sort of point of it? Like I don't know... put more emphasis on the adult segment especially. Preferably with an income and the freedom to allow them to come from any part of the world to see Mika in NY? Because it will look so good on the next interview that not only New Yorkers or Americans even (as it is such a teensy weensy little country as opposed to a continent) attend the gig but people from all over the globe?

No business on earth can allow themselves to disregard (because ignore is much too weak a term for it) their most important target group like that.

In either case they're clearly heading for the oscar for the lifetime achievement award, category greatest mismanagement in history.

And if I won't find my tickets in my very own mailbox until Saturday, I will gladly send them to one of those fan mail addresses untouched.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the smaller venues up here are more clubby maybe, so they're 18+? Dunno.

That's what I'm thinking -- it's just that sort of venue. I'm sure

it's disappointing for all the under 18 fans. :(

Yay!!!!!!!! Got my tickets! Can't wait to see you girls!

:yay: Will be fun to see you again! How about your cousin? Is she still

loving Mika, too?

A lot of the smaller venues up here are more clubby maybe, so they're 18+? Dunno.

Yeah, and I think that venue in general tends to be 18+/21+ only so it's probably not a Mika management decision anyway.

But it most probably was their decision to choose that one. :thumb_yello:

Well, yeah, I guess so. But also they probably wanted to choose a smaller venue given that most people in NY and surrounding areas haven't really had Mika on their minds in over a year... and they're afraid the show won't sell out unless it's a smaller venue :teehee: And all the smaller venues tend to have the age restrictions. But I dunno. Just speculation in any case.

i'm not going kath... i just can't.

i don't even have a passport! (i will work on that one though!!!!) :aah:

but come to canada and i shall serve you a proper rum & coke! :naughty:

I have to admit that even though I have crossed over the Canadian/US border a few times (and obviously shown my passport) it hadn't occured to me that that would be an issue. I am so sorry......it would have been lovely to meet you...and have that drink:thumb_yello: IF I go to NY it will take my bank account quite a while to recover so I can't see me making Canada for a while but ONE day we will meet I am sure:wub2:

You should reconsider too Guy! Wanna meet you too!

i really want to meet you as well :wub2:

but i don't have a passport... i'll get my toushy in gear and get all the proper paperwork going...

i would have gone to toronto though...

Ahem. ..........

I'm going to research some hotels tonight, close to the venue. The only hotel I know is The Park Central and it's CDN $185 per night last time I checked so I will take that if I don't find something more suitable.

http://www.parkcentralny.com/

But if you don't mind sharing a bathroom this place looks nice and is relatively inexpensive.

http://www.thepodhotel.com/

I'm going to research some hotels tonight, close to the venue. The only hotel I know is The Park Central and it's CDN $185 per night last time I checked so I will take that if I don't find something more suitable.

http://www.parkcentralny.com/

But if you don't mind sharing a bathroom this place looks nice and is relatively inexpensive.

http://www.thepodhotel.com/

Why thank you Christine. Let's hope my parents will let me go. :bleh: