MIKA @ Le Poisson Rouge | New York City, USA

Christine

Eh you've got a whole 26ish days to sort all that out! :roftl:

Oh yeah, of course! :naughty:

ick... well i got the gig tix.... now im trying to figure out the flight.... a friend might be able to get me there for a cheap price but i could only go on the flight if there are empty seats.... and he has to go with me...

its kind of complicated but i guess i have the gig tix already so i could try and come :P

I guess you're lucky you're in the same country...

I figure you only live once...

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!!! I do not want to encourage this one iota because I would feel horribly guilty if this isn't the best gig that ever was...but it would be so great to see you and see the Aussies represented finally.

I hope this all pans out for you!

I have never seen Mika before! I booked a flight to London and Paris to catch those gigs, and now I find out he'll also be playing a few blocks away from my apartment, here in NYC. Four Mika shows! I am SO EXCITED!

WOW! Welcome to MFC...hope you enjoythe gigs. Hope to catch you in London and Paris too.....make sure you make yourself known to us:thumb_yello:

Welcome to the club...

I'm about to fly half way around the frigging world to see Mika...

Nevermind the fact that I don't have a passport, visa exemption or plane tickets... or accomodation...

Love it:shocked::roftl::thumb_yello:

WOW! Welcome to MFC...hope you enjoythe gigs. Hope to catch you in London and Paris too.....make sure you make yourself known to us:thumb_yello:

Yes Dor, I'm going to London and NYC so be sure to say hi in London as I'm sure we'll be hanging out in the line up together in NYC.

Wow!!! I do not want to encourage this one iota because I would feel horribly guilty if this isn't the best gig that ever was...but it would be so great to see you and see the Aussies represented finally.

I hope this all pans out for you!

I wouldn't normally encourage this sort of reckless behaviour either, but hell...

Can I blame sariflor, considering she was the one saying you should make your own luck? :naughty:

Love it:shocked::roftl::thumb_yello:

I'm sitting here with a big grin on my face... nevermind the fact I have no way of getting there...

Anyways, I better go to the beauticians so they can straighten out my eyebrows (I refuse to have a passport pic without makeup and neat eyebrows)...

Can I blame sariflor, considering she was the one saying you should make your own luck? :naughty:

Well I have to tell you I agree with Sara's philosophy in general but it seems to me she is making a lot better luck than most of us. :teehee:

I told Mana that not being able to speak to Mika at the ice cream truck was totally predictable and she couldn't understand how that could be under the circumstances. I said...err...cause I'm here and as long as I'm involved it's always a burn? :aah:

Then I said not to worry because Sara was arriving soon so it would all work out the next day. Sure enough I got back to my hotel and Sara was there and so was a message from Mika saying he'd love to say hi to MFC tomorrow. :fangurl:

The moral of the story is you may want to convince Sara to come if you intend to make some luck like Sara's and not some luck like mine. :mf_rosetinted:

Well I have to tell you I agree with Sara's philosophy in general but it seems to me she is making a lot better luck than most of us. :teehee:

I told Mana that not being able to speak to Mika at the ice cream truck was totally predictable and she couldn't understand how that could be under the circumstances. I said...err...cause I'm here and as long as I'm involved it's always a burn? :aah:

Then I said not to worry because Sara was arriving soon so it would all work out the next day. Sure enough I got back to my hotel and Sara was there and so was a message from Mika saying he'd love to say hi to MFC tomorrow. :fangurl:

The moral of the story is you may want to convince Sara to come if you intend to make some luck like Sara's and not some luck like mine. :mf_rosetinted:

Aww, Sara's our good luck charm :pinkbow:

Nevermind the fact that I don't have a passport, visa exemption or plane tickets... or accomodation...

The visa part should be easy enough...looks like Oz is on the visa exemption list, assuming you have no criminal convictions...:teehee:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html#countries

God, I just asked my mom if we could go and she freaked out.

"NO! :furious: I said no, Nono. I give into your obsessions enough....blah blah"

:shun::tears:

Step 1: Turn 18

Step 2: Get a job

Step 3: Get a passport

Step 4: Get a credit card

Step 5: Buy tickets to a gig in London.

:teehee::naughty:

Step 1: Turn 18

Step 2: Get a job

Step 3: Get a passport

Step 4: Get a credit card

Step 5: Buy tickets to a gig in London.

:teehee::naughty:

I'm working on it :aah:

I so didn't want to get a job this summer, but looks like I might have to. My mom said she won't let me use the money in my bank account to follow Mika when I turn 18. :sneaky2:

:blink:

SARAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! YOU HAVE TO COME!!! I DON'T WANT CHRISTINE'S LUCK!!!!

The visa part should be easy enough...looks like Oz is on the visa exemption list, assuming you have no criminal convictions...:teehee:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html#countries

That should be easy... I need to book everything else first though...

Alrighty, I better get the neightbours to sign my really bad passport photo and be a guarantor for me...

:blink:

SARAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! YOU HAVE TO COME!!! I DON'T WANT CHRISTINE'S LUCK!!!!

That should be easy... I need to book everything else first though...

Alrighty, I better get the neightbours to sign my really bad passport photo and be a guarantor for me...

OMG! :jawdrop: I can`t believe you`re flying from Oz! That`s FABULOUS!

I have never seen Mika before! I booked a flight to London and Paris to catch those gigs, and now I find out he'll also be playing a few blocks away from my apartment, here in NYC. Four Mika shows! I am SO EXCITED!

You are so lucky!

And welcome!:thumb_yello:

I figure you only live once...

And they say that the things you didn't do are the ones you tend to regret when it is too late, not the crazy things you actually did!

When you ask people if there's anything they wish they had done differently in their life a common answer is that they wish they had did more crazy things and not been so afraid to make spontaneous decisions! And follow them through!:wink2:

Well I have to tell you I agree with Sara's philosophy in general but it seems to me she is making a lot better luck than most of us.

Then I said not to worry because Sara was arriving soon so it would all work out the next day. Sure enough I got back to my hotel and Sara was there and so was a message from Mika saying he'd love to say hi to MFC tomorrow.

Fantastic!:wub2: And I know what you're talking about, I also have a thing or two to be grateful for that has to do with Sara!

Aww, Sara's our good luck charm :pinkbow:

:kachinga:

Well I have hung around with Sara quite a lot. I'm not sure my luck's been any better then the next person though.

I think all of that apple bad luck pooled together simultaneously counteracts Sara's good luck. That's why London is always a disaster. :naughty:

Sorry if this has already been covered but why have we got two threads for NYC....it confuses an Oldling like me:shocked: Could they not be merged?

I don't think so, Kath, sorry -- one's the announcement thread, and this one is the gig thread.

If I combine this with the announcement, we'll lose all

the RSVPs -- they won't show on the front page. And the announcement

needs to be on the front page, because we're still trying to sell tickets

for the gig :wink2:

But Mana did close the front page thread, so that ought to help a bit, yes?

Edited by dcdeb

OMG! :jawdrop: I can`t believe you`re flying from Oz! That`s FABULOUS!

I know... I'm completely freaking out right now...

I need to ask you a few things...

# When are you getting to New York?

# Where are you staying?

# How are you getting there?

# Can I stay with you? :naughty:

And they say that the things you didn't do are the ones you tend to regret when it is too late, not the crazy things you actually did!

When you ask people if there's anything they wish they had done differently in their life a common answer is that they wish they had did more crazy things and not been so afraid to make spontaneous decisions! And follow them through!:wink2:

Well I'm freaking out about this right now... imagine what I'm going to be like when it's the day of the gig!

Deb?

Are you staying with anyone else? I'm trying to organise accomodation and I don't feel comfortable staying in a completely new city by myself...

I know Suzy has mentioned a few things in the Aussie thread...

:Update:

New Mika tweet :wink2:

Presale tix for NYC show already sold out but because of tech hickup yesterday, we are going to release a few more for those who missed out!

24 minutes ago from Tweetie

Site says it is sold out :aah:

Fingers crossed for the next tour.

*:dunno:unless I've missed something,

like he is only doing one US concern

and this is it*

See my above post. The presale was sold out but tickets are still going to be available for sale for the public from 28th of May :thumb_yello:

Edited by Miro

Site says it is sold out :aah:

Fingers crossed for the next tour.

*:dunno:unless I've missed something,

like he is only doing one US concern

and this is it*

PRESALE is sold out -- they had allocated about half of the tickets for

presale. There will still be tickets for sale starting, um, tomorrow I think?

Or maybe it's the 29th... but yeah, there should still be tickets held back

for the general sale. :)

And yes, he IS only doing this one US concert as far as we know -- they

told us this was IT. At least as of a week ago -- things do change. But

NYC was the only US gig that was set for now. I'm sure there will be

lots of dates once the album tour starts up. :thumb_yello: