I Was On Stage With Gwen Stefani Last Night!!!!

mandilambi

Aww, thanks a lot, Mana! I am absolutely thrilled and have been so all day long. I don't think I will come down from this high any time soon. :)

Honestly, I can't really remember being nervous! I was just so happy that I got her attention and that it was actually happening, that being nervous was the furthest thing from my mind. I was just in pure bliss!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much! I am definitely savoring the moment!

I took this picture today... :)

6729_753778724390_15932359_42988403_8387375_n.jpg

perfect way to get the attention....btw, how did you get so close to her without security saying anything to you??

Ohhhhmyyyyygaaaaawd

My thoughts exactly. ;)

What a superb story.

Dedication rewarded!!

You will be high as a kite for weeks.:wub2: and the tour's not even over!!

Yes indeed! I see them again tomorrow night. I'm already moving on and getting excited about it. It's going to be general admission, so the atmosphere will most likely be very different. Can't wait. :)

Fabulous fabulous story mandi!!! I love how there are so many risk takers in our lil group.. you never know until you try eh? Great stuff..:thumb_yello:

I made up my mind that Gwen was going to get those gifts. It was only a matter of time! I'm just glad I managed to get it done last night. :)

perfect way to get the attention....btw, how did you get so close to her without security saying anything to you??

Security was pretty relaxed. None of the crowd was being aggressive, so the security was always kind in telling them to go back to their seats if they stood in the row. When I Gwen saw my sign, she asked the security to allow me to come up and they did with absolutely no problem. It was so easy, which was such a relief.

Mandi that sounds so exciting. I'm so pleased for you and yes, I can just imagine how much this meant to you as I've been looking at your Gwen siggy and avi for a year and a half now.

Thanks a lot. That's really nice of you!

That is so wonderful Mandi. What a fantastic picture! It looks Photoshopped it's so perfect. :roftl:

Is there any video?

I know how much this means to you. What a great night and what a great momento. I'm really pleased for you.

Amanda that is simply AMAZING! A once in a life time opportunity that you will never ever ever ever ever ever (etc etc :naughty:) forget. It's so wonderful that you've got photos as momentos for the special occasion. I am so happy for you! :flowers2:

I'm thinking about making Jason Mraz a t-shirt. But, now, I think throwing it on stage is a crap idea. :lol3:

Edited by iadoremika

Security was pretty relaxed. None of the crowd was being aggressive, so the security was always kind in telling them to go back to their seats if they stood in the row. When I Gwen saw my sign, she asked the security to allow me to come up and they did with absolutely no problem. It was so easy, which was such a relief.

Thanks a lot. That's really nice of you!

That's awesome!!!!

And I do think you look like her :thumb_yello:

WOW this story is amazing!!! congrats!!!

i saw NO DOUBT in israel years ago when tragic kingdom was out :)

ahhh good times!

Thanks! I never got the chance to see them during that tour, because I was only around 10-11 years old. Getting on stage has made up for missing out back then.... :D

That is so wonderful Mandi. What a fantastic picture! It looks Photoshopped it's so perfect. :roftl:

Is there any video?

I know how much this means to you. What a great night and what a great momento. I'm really pleased for you.

Thank you, Christine! My boyfriend Kenton actually made a joke saying that people could say I photoshopped it, but then there are those other pictures taken of us taking a picture which proves that theory wrong. lol I laughed at that. :) I haven't found any videos yet. The people I met up with would have, but her battery died before I got on. Really I am truly happy with the pictures I have, so if I don't get videos I'll be more than ok!

Amanda that is simply AMAZING! A once in a life time opportunity that you will never ever ever ever ever ever (etc etc :naughty:) forget. It's so wonderful that you've got photos as momentos for the special occasion. I am so happy for you! :flowers2:

I'm thinking about making Jason Mraz a t-shirt. But, now, I think throwing it on stage is a crap idea. :lol3:

I would absolutely suggest NOT throwing it up there, but that's just me. If you worked hard on it, I would definitely make a sign (out of clothe, because you'll most likely have to sneak it in!) and try to get his attention in between singing songs. Even waiting to meet him is better than throwing it up there. Cos...what fun is that for you to work on something and then not get to see his reaction? That's just me, though! I hope one or another you can get him your gift.

Also thank you...I appreciate your kind words! This whole experience has felt like a huge whirlwind and I'm just so happy. :)

That's awesome!!!!

And I do think you look like her :thumb_yello:

It really was! Aww...and thank you! I've actually had two other people tell me that, but I usually just think that people are trying to be nice to me when they tell me I really look like Gwen. haha :) I love that compli

It really was! Aww...and thank you! I've actually had two other people tell me that, but I usually just think that people are trying to be nice to me when they tell me I really look like Gwen. haha :) I love that compli

I still think you do!

Just wear red lipstick and my point will be proven. :biggrin2:

I would absolutely suggest NOT throwing it up there, but that's just me. If you worked hard on it, I would definitely make a sign (out of clothe, because you'll most likely have to sneak it in!) and try to get his attention in between singing songs. Even waiting to meet him is better than throwing it up there. Cos...what fun is that for you to work on something and then not get to see his reaction? That's just me, though! I hope one or another you can get him your gift.

Also thank you...I appreciate your kind words! This whole experience has felt like a huge whirlwind and I'm just so happy. :)

Mm, cloth sign...you're a smart one! And, yes, seeing people's reactions are my favourite part! :D

No problem! What a whirlwind of (positive) emotions you must be feeling! :)

I still think you do!

...the hair is similar as well.

You've heard this a million times already, but i am REALLY happy for you, because I know how you felt . I might not have loved Mika for 14 (!!!) years, but I have been attached to him from the very beginning of his career, meeting him after so long was indescribable , like I can't even tell you.

But you know, now, you know what it's like to meet the person you've idolized for so much of your life.

And this is why, I feel your excitement and I'm so thrilled for you :biggrin2:

I still think you do!

LOL someone once told me I was Gwenified in this picture...

n15932359_40546951_2015.jpg

:)

Mm, cloth sign...you're a smart one! And, yes, seeing people's reactions are my favourite part! :D

No problem! What a whirlwind of (positive) emotions you must be feeling!

...the hair is similar as well.

Good luck with giving him your gift! I really hope it works out for you, however you decide to do it! :D

wow! :biggrin2: thats really cool :biggrin2:

congrats!

Thank you!

You've heard this a million times already, but i am REALLY happy for you, because I know how you felt . I might not have loved Mika for 14 (!!!) years, but I have been attached to him from the very beginning of his career, meeting him after so long was indescribable , like I can't even tell you.

But you know, now, you know what it's like to meet the person you've idolized for so much of your life.

And this is why, I feel your excitement and I'm so thrilled for you

Aw...thank you so much! I am just as pleased to hear that you were able to meet Mika, as it sounds like you had been waiting patiently for your turn! Isn't it the best feeling in the world to meet those that you highly admire? Sometimes there are just no words to use to describe how it feels!

Wow I love Gwen I always liked her clothing style !

This is an amazing experience you had !:wub2:

And have you bought any clothes made by L.A.M.B?:naughty:

I love LAMB an HL as well. And yes, I have quite a lot of LAMB...some of the pieces I own are my favorite things to wear. :)

I have written a review for my second No Doubt concert...definitely one of the best shows I've ever been to. Loved every single minute!

"There are really no words to use to describe the St. Louis show other than it was absolutely amazing. Kenton and I arrived at the venue around 1:30pm, but because of staff that knew nothing we were not allowed in. She told us that we couldn't park until 5:00pm, so we left to go to his house and wait.

While we drove off we could hear Hella Good being done as the soundcheck. When we got to Kenton's house, we checked to see if Desi had commented on her twitter and she had. She said that she was already waiting in line, so then we decided to go back to the arena to try to get in. The second time the girl told us we couldn't park again, but Kenton told her we had fanclub tickets and that our friends were already waiting in line. She then asked someone else what she should do and he let us in.

We found Desi, Von, Christy, and her husband already in line. Waiting in line went by really quickly and I think it's cos all of us chit chatted the whole time. Getting to meet up with other fans at shows is the best, because it really does increase the fun of the show.

Getting our tickets went smoothly. Curtis, Gwen's bodyguard, was present while everything was getting organized. When we went through Kenton thanked him for letting me get up on stage in Kansas City and he said he was glad to. I asked him if I could shake his hand and he said absolutely and asked me my name. I told him and I also said it was a pleasure to meet him. He's such a big teddybear. :)

We all ran towards the stage once we got inside. Security didn't seem to mind at all, probably since we were outside. Desi, Von, Christy, her husband, Kenton, and I all got on the front row, so we couldn't have had a better view than what we did! It was really hot in the pit, but once the bands came on the heat wasn't so noticeable.

I enjoyed Bedouin Soundclash and Paramore so much more this time than I did the first. I didn't have a headache, so right off the bat that was better. I danced all through Bedouin Soundclash's set and I thought that Paramore gave an excellent performance as well.

Once Paramore left the stage we knew it wasn't long at all until the band would hit the stage. Soon the lights went down and we could see the infamous shadows on the white sheet! The sheet was so close to use that we could see the band moving behind it. Gwen did a little jump a few moments before the sheet fell and we were all screaming so loudly. I love it when the sheet falls and you finally see the band all there. :-) *sigh*

The band was in top form...they seemed to really enjoy the crowd! The crowd was even more energetic than they were in KC and I think the band could see that. Gwen asked "Is this what 20,000 fans looks like???" Amazing! Right off the bat we got some love from Tony. He looked at our whole group and smiled as we cheered for him.

There were no surprises in the setlist. They played End It On This and we didn't have any impromptu old-school songs played like in KC. Nobody had any signs asking for any particular songs, so the band didn't go out of their way to play anything out of the ordinary.

I believe Gwen saw our signs - Desi brought hers from KC and I made a knew one that said "Stricken By ND!" She was singing "Running," I think, when she looked down at our signs and smiled. It was so nice, as I could see her expression change as her eyes looked over them. She looked touched by them!

A little girl, 11 years-old, I believe, got on stage and rightfully so. She dressed up in the same black and while checkered outfit that Gwen wears in the beginning. The little girl was crying profusely and it was just too sweet. Gwen just kept telling her how much she loved her. So many dreams coming true on this tour. :-)

Right as the band was leaving for the encore, Adrian was walking down the walkway in only his briefs (lol). He saw my sign and Desi's sign and he gave a head nod and mouthed the words "Thank you." That was awesome. :-) I pointed to him and cheered as he left the stage.

Paramore and Bedouin Soundclash joined the band for Stand and Deliver. Freaking awesome.

Gwen jumped up on the barricade twice! She jumped above the little girl the first time and then during Sunday Morning she jumped directly above our whole group! I swear, she gave us "that look" when she is letting you know she is about to do something special. She jumped down from the stage and jumped on the barricade directly above Von and kept on singing the lyrics to Sunday Morning (my fave No Doubt song, how appropriate! lol!) It was such a fun, unexpected moment and all of us could sense Gwen's grand gesture! We appreciated it!

Such a great way to end my concert experiences. Being so close to my heroes and also getting to be among friends that love No Doubt the same way I do. You can't beat that at all."