I've finally given in to the inevitable!!!

SunshineGirl

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys! Lovely to meet you all. It'll take me a while to get myself fully up to speed ie new avatar, siggie, loading pics etc. Need to have a go at it soon but I'm absolutely crap at anything techie so I may need to ask for help on how to do things (apologies in advance for being so inept!!)!

Edited by SunshineGirl
Typo correction

Thanks, guys! Lovely to meet you all. It'll take me a while to get myself fully up to speed ie new avatar, siggie, loading pics etc. Need to have a go at it soon but I'm absolutely crap at anything techie so I may need to ask for help on how to do things (apologies in advance for being so inept!!)!

Go for it and ask away , here to help:thumb_yello:

Hello.. and welcome :biggrin2: You have succumbed to the dark side.. there must be something special here for you to officially join. Hope you enjoy it here. :thumb_yello: Btw do you speak Bahasa Indonesia?

Hello.. and welcome :biggrin2: You have succumbed to the dark side.. there must be something special here for you to officially join. Hope you enjoy it here. :thumb_yello:Btw do you speak Bahasa Indonesia?

Hi Nikjass, no, I'm ashamed to say that I don't speak Indonesian at all! Whenever I've been to Indonesia in the past my Mum has had to translate everything people said to me, or me to them (although most of my relatives over there, apart from my Grandmother who spoke to me in Dutch, which I also don't speak at all, thankfully do speak at least some English themselves)!!

I'm sure that often people thought I was just being snooty or something when I looked blankly at them or said in a very English accent 'I'm sorry I don't understand'!!! But I really can't speak the language at all, just know a few words....:(

Hi Nikjass, no, I'm ashamed to say that I don't speak Indonesian at all! Whenever I've been to Indonesia in the past my Mum has had to translate everything people said to me, or me to them (although most of my relatives over there, apart from my Grandmother who spoke to me in Dutch, which I also don't speak at all, thankfully do speak at least some English themselves)!!

I'm sure that often people thought I was just being snooty or something when I looked blankly at them or said in a very English accent 'I'm sorry I don't understand'!!! But I really can't speak the language at all, just know a few words....:(

Aaah.. well you can't know them all eh? It would've been good to have had someone I can throw some words to occasionally in here though. Hope you're having fun here.. see you around :wink2:

Hey everyone, I've been a 'lurker' on MFC for ages, but hadn't joined before now as I was concerned about spending too much time on here (to the detriment of everything else, too little time etc etc)...I know, what a fool! :roftl:

I guess, though, that I'd always known that eventually I'd join, it was always a case of 'when' not 'if', I've simply given in to the inevitable at last. I never was one to do things on impulse, LOL! Anyway, I have quite a bit of spare time at the mo. (peace reigns supreme in my house!) so decided this was the time to finally take the plunge. Very excited!

How did I come to be obsessed with Mika? Well, it was relatively late - I caught a few secs of him on TV at the Brit Awards in early 2008 (yes, I know again, what planet was I on in 2007?! :shocked: ) but actually didn't take much notice as I was doing something so wasn't giving my full attention. I do remember thinking though that he seemed very original, but thought anyone like that would be so full of himself and a real 'prima donna' (how wrong was I, he's such a sweetie!). Before that, strange but true, I hadn't actually even heard any of his music (although I'd heard his name).

I then next caught a few mins of him performing (again on TV) at (I think it was) T on the Beach in June (?) 2008. I was walking through the sitting room while it was on TV, and something made me stop in my tracks and watch him, I just thought he was so different and really charismatic. I was mesmerised from that point. Later got 'LICM' and instantly fell in love with it. I looked him up on the internet and then joined the old website, and am obviously now a member on the new website. Since then, I have been a Mika-Addict. Just seen him live twice, at Sadlers this June and Latitude.

Anyway, sorry, this has turned into an essay. About me, briefly, I am petite, am a 'mutt' (as Mika would say) being half English, half Indonesian, work in a school, love skiing (but rubbish at it), now really into music (having gone off music for many years "pre-Mika" as I found it so dull on the whole - since discovering Mika, it's like he's flicked a switch in my head and I've re-found my love of music, amongst other things). That's about it for now, before I bore you all to tears.

I'm really happy to be here now and look forward to chatting with you all!

Your last paragraph was spot on for me too! I had grown sick of all the manufactured rubbish that passed for music and the bands/singers that sang it! I didn't come to Mika through Grace Kelly, it was Love Today! I was doing some charity work and it came on the radio... and I was like... Oh My God! Where did that song come from? Where did that VOICE come from? Who is this guy? I bet he wrote that song himself cause NO ONE else could sing it like him!!

The rest is history! I found out who he was, bought his album and (like you) became hooked.

I'm in my fifties and never thought I'd be a fan of a pop star at my age. But of course, Mika is no ordinary pop star!!

Welcome to the Mika fanclub family!

Aww, thanks again, guys!

Yes, Marilyn, (re the last paragraph of your post) I know what you mean, I'm also well past what one might assume to be the 'typical' age to be the (addicted!) fan of a popstar (and supposedly all that fangurly stuff!). But, as you say, Mika is no ordinary popstar. It's like he's got into my head and I feel 'rejuvenated' as a result! I'm now completely fangurly, but it's such fun feeling like this again that, hell, it must be right!!

(BTW, I need to join the Oldlings Gang - how do I go about doing that??)

Hey everyone, I've been a 'lurker' on MFC for ages, but hadn't joined before now as I was concerned about spending too much time on here (to the detriment of everything else, too little time etc etc)...I know, what a fool! :roftl:

I guess, though, that I'd always known that eventually I'd join, it was always a case of 'when' not 'if', I've simply given in to the inevitable at last. I never was one to do things on impulse, LOL! Anyway, I have quite a bit of spare time at the mo. (peace reigns supreme in my house!) so decided this was the time to finally take the plunge. Very excited!

How did I come to be obsessed with Mika? Well, it was relatively late - I caught a few secs of him on TV at the Brit Awards in early 2008 (yes, I know again, what planet was I on in 2007?! :shocked: ) but actually didn't take much notice as I was doing something so wasn't giving my full attention. I do remember thinking though that he seemed very original, but thought anyone like that would be so full of himself and a real 'prima donna' (how wrong was I, he's such a sweetie!). Before that, strange but true, I hadn't actually even heard any of his music (although I'd heard his name).

I then next caught a few mins of him performing (again on TV) at (I think it was) T on the Beach in June (?) 2008. I was walking through the sitting room while it was on TV, and something made me stop in my tracks and watch him, I just thought he was so different and really charismatic. I was mesmerised from that point. Later got 'LICM' and instantly fell in love with it. I looked him up on the internet and then joined the old website, and am obviously now a member on the new website. Since then, I have been a Mika-Addict. Just seen him live twice, at Sadlers this June and Latitude.

Anyway, sorry, this has turned into an essay. About me, briefly, I am petite, am a 'mutt' (as Mika would say) being half English, half Indonesian, work in a school, love skiing (but rubbish at it), now really into music (having gone off music for many years "pre-Mika" as I found it so dull on the whole - since discovering Mika, it's like he's flicked a switch in my head and I've re-found my love of music, amongst other things). That's about it for now, before I bore you all to tears.

I'm really happy to be here now and look forward to chatting with you all!

Welcome to MFC!!!

We have a few things in common, I also work in a school and and small!! I also LOVE skiing too! :thumb_yello:

Have fun here!

Hello! *waves*

I'm with you 100% about just recently discovering Mika. I don't know how I could have missed the hullabaloo in 2007.

I've sort of introduced myself on the MJ thread, but I forgot to mention that I hope you have a great time here! It IS very addictive.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! Welcome to the MFC!!!!!!

it is extremely addictive! i only joined earlier this year but have been a fan since the Grace Kelly video!

sat in front of the TV flicking through the channels when i found on the music channel a tall, curly haired guy singing about a woman called Grace Kelly and Freddie Mercury! well, it was love at first sight! :wub2::mf_lustslow: