iPhone/iPod Touch App

Zak110695

Im sure heaps of Mika fans would agree that Mika needs to create an iPhone/iPod Touch App! Heaps of fans would love to see heaps of inof and free music & videos on their iPhones/iPod Touches!

Im out 4 now!

Z.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mean to be a killjoy, but what makes you think you would get all of this on an itunes app?

We hardly get it anyway.

And MFC remains the source for Mika info, but that's down to the skills and dedication of the members of MFC, not a corporate entity.

Hey mods, perhaps we could collate the info we source and sell it to these applications? :naughty:

Don't mean to be a killjoy, but what makes you think you would get all of this on an itunes app?

We hardly get it anyway.

And MFC remains the source for Mika info, but that's down to the skills and dedication of the members of MFC, not a corporate entity.

Hey mods, perhaps we could collate the info we source and sell it to these applications? :naughty:

we are on it!!! :sneaky2::naughty:

We hardly get it anyway.

Bands have released iPod applications before and they have been proven as a very successful piece of marketing. Not only is it quick and easy to access but it also allows people to interact with the artwork, read some quick info and maybe even listen to some preview tracks. There wouldn't need to be a great amount of information on there. The 'corporate entity' would be Mika and his management who know far more than the this website.

Also I would argue against the MFC being the source for Mika information, yes the members do gather information from reliable news sources. But the MFC isn't the source of the information, in a similar way that wikipedia isn't the source-it just collects them and presents them together. You could easily find all the information on this site from simply googling.

Sorry if I come across quite negative, but a Mika app would be very viable and I'm sure a great thing for any Mika fan to have...provided they have a iPhone or iPod Touch.

:)

Edited by Fresh

Bands have released iPod applications before and they have been proven as a very successful piece of marketing. Not only is it quick and easy to access but it also allows people to interact with the artwork, read some quick info and maybe even listen to some preview tracks. There wouldn't need to be a great amount of information on there. The 'corporate entity' would be Mika and his management who know far more than the this website.

Also I would argue against the MFC being the source for Mika information, yes the members do gather information from reliable news sources. But the MFC isn't the source of the information, in a similar way that wikipedia isn't the source-it just collects them and presents them together. You could easily find all the information on this site from simply googling.

Sorry if I come across quite negative, but a Mika app would be very viable and I'm sure a great thing for any Mika fan to have...provided they have a iPhone or iPod Touch.

Well you seem to be an old member, so you should know as well as the rest of us that Team Mika or the people they pay to do their marketing blow very hot and cold, so where it may be nice to see something like this, in reality, I wonder if it will ever happen. So many things in Mikaland just don't.

As for the info you are correct, you can find it with "simply googling" as you put it,(tell that to Blue Sky:teehee:) but the older Mika's professional life becomes, the more googling you will have to do. Quicker to do a search here. In addition to that Mika himself has said on occasions that he's surprised we know about this or that.

When I say MFC is the source of all things Mika, I meant it as a figure of speech. Of course we are not the source but we are often the place a lot of people see the news first.

And as you say in order to benefit from this app you would need an iphone or an ipod. As I have neither and get all the info I need elsewhere, I personally couldn't care less.:naughty:

Wow! This must have been an interesting subject to you for you to make one of your rare posts?

Well done Zak!

Well you seem to be an old member, so you should know as well as the rest of us that Team Mika or the people they pay to do their marketing blow very hot and cold, so where it may be nice to see something like this, in reality, I wonder if it will ever happen. So many things in Mikaland just don't.

As for the info you are correct, you can find it with "simply googling" as you put it,(tell that to Blue Sky:teehee:) but the older Mika's professional life becomes, the more googling you will have to do. Quicker to do a search here. In addition to that Mika himself has said on occasions that he's surprised we know about this or that.

When I say MFC is the source of all things Mika, I meant it as a figure of speech. Of course we are not the source but we are often the place a lot of people see the news first.

And as you say in order to benefit from this app you would need an iphone or an ipod. As I have neither and get all the info I need elsewhere, I personally couldn't care less.:naughty:

Wow! This must have been an interesting subject to you for you to make one of your rare posts?

Well done Zak!

Yes I am aware of the finical restraints regarding marketing, but I think an application would be cost effective. Especially since it’s direct to Mika target demographic; lovers of music. Yes I doubt it would happen, but it’s a nice idea and you just shot it down.

Most news source are linked to Google News, so when you search ‘Mika’ or related search criteria and then select ‘Sort by date’ the latest information from on any news website is linked there. So despite the growing amount of information about Mika out there, you can still find the most recent. I’m not saying it’s not quicker to search here, but it just shows that it isn’t the source, figure of speech or not.

The application wouldn’t be about getting the information to fans, as they’d be expected to already know. But to a wider, potential audience of fans, but of course I’m sure fans would enjoy it as well.

Oh come on, there’s absolutely no need to be sarcastic or to a degree, patronising. My post was clearly aimed at you, and in no way meant disrespectfully, your ignorance in regard to iPod applications. So Well done You! :thumb_yello:

Well done Zak!

Me neither :teehee:

I do agree with everything you say, but... a comment like this:

' Wow! This must have been an interesting subject to you for you to make one of your rare posts?' is probably why Fresh doesn't post more often. Just guessing :dunno:

' Wow! This must have been an interesting subject to you for you to make one of your rare posts?' is probably why Fresh doesn't post more often. Just guessing :dunno:

That is one of the reasons Droopsy. Why is it that post count appears to give people prestige and power, surely it would be a case of quality and not quantity. Thank you. :)

Yes I am aware of the finical restraints regarding marketing, but I think an application would be cost effective. Especially since it’s direct to Mika target demographic; lovers of music. Yes I doubt it would happen, but it’s a nice idea and you just shot it down.

Most news source are linked to Google News, so when you search ‘Mika’ or related search criteria and then select ‘Sort by date’ the latest information from on any news website is linked there. So despite the growing amount of information about Mika out there, you can still find the most recent. I’m not saying it’s not quicker to search here, but it just shows that it isn’t the source, figure of speech or not.

The application wouldn’t be about getting the information to fans, as they’d be expected to already know. But to a wider, potential audience of fans, but of course I’m sure fans would enjoy it as well.

Oh come on, there’s absolutely no need to be sarcastic or to a degree, patronising. My post was clearly aimed at you, and in no way meant disrespectfully, your ignorance in regard to iPod applications. So Well done You! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for that, I was actually being neither sarcastic or patronising, perhaps I am unaware that I am doing it?

Your post did seem a tad inflammatory and dare I say it patronising itself to me, seeing as you broach this subject.

Shall I just say then, that for me the MFC is the place to come to to find out all things Mika.

When you say I "shot the idea down" (it's a bit dramatic but never mind) I simply stated my point of view. Not that it's a bad idea, but that I would be surprised if it actually happened. If I put it too bluntly, sorry.

I don't think my point of view will have any effect on Mika's marketing people though.

That was a genuine comment. I don't actually recall seeing Fresh post, so it's interesting to see what people are interested in.

But it seems I am just an insensitive dolt. Sigh.

That is one of the reasons Droopsy. Why is it that post count appears to give people prestige and power, surely it would be a case of quality and not quantity. Thank you. :)

Oh I am not even going to attempt to answer this one. You don't seem to like me or my views. I can't win them all I guess.

Sorry if I come across quite negative...

Yes negative is one word I might use...I can think of others.:mf_rosetinted:

Mika is the only person who knows everything he is up to every day. Sometimes he admits even he doesn't know, and that is why he has a team of people who are supposed to get him from A to B etc. As bab so rightly points out, that happens with varying degrees of effectiveness.

Well done Zak!

Yes, don't talk to me about "simply googling".:sneaky2: Google doesn't know about Mika unless we tell google.

I work mighty hard on this forum to be sure that we get news ASAP, as do many others. We are WAAAAAY ahead of google. When the news is fresh, it is fresh because we, MFC, make it so.

Let's take an example of one of my proud moments.

You know, I had a photo uploaded onto MFC of the view from inside Mika's icecream truck in LA before he had even arrived at the park.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18219&highlight=icecreamman&page=17

What do you think I did to find that? Google Mika icecream truck LA???

Trade secrets. I could tell ya but then I'd have to kill ya:blush-anim-cl:

Mika is the only person who knows everything he is up to every day. Sometimes he admits even he doesn't know, and that is why he has a team of people who are supposed to get him from A to B etc. As bab so rightly points out, that happens with varying degrees of effectiveness.

Yes, don't talk to me about "simply googling".:sneaky2: Google doesn't know about Mika unless we tell google.

I work mighty hard on this forum to be sure that we get news ASAP, as do many others. We are WAAAAAY ahead of google. When the news is fresh, it is fresh because we, MFC, make it so.

You know, I had a photo uploaded onto MFC of the view from inside Mika's icecream truck in LA before he had even arrived at the park.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18219&highlight=icecreamman&page=17

you are way ahead of lots of mika news which surprises me all the time.

you are a great part of all mika related info on mfc and i thank you for that. :wub2:

you are not named FB eye for nothing... :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for that, I was actually being neither sarcastic or patronising, perhaps I am unaware that I am doing it?

Your post did seem a tad inflammatory and dare I say it patronising itself to me, seeing as you broach this subject.

Shall I just say then, that for me the MFC is the place to come to to find out all things Mika.

When you say I "shot the idea down" (it's a bit dramatic but never mind) I simply stated my point of view. Not that it's a bad idea, but that I would be surprised if it actually happened. If I put it too bluntly, sorry.

I don't think my point of view will have any effect on Mika's marketing people though.

You must be completely oblivious to it, as the ‘Wow’ and the ‘Well done Zak!’ defiantly gave of the sarcasm vibe. It’s natural for someone who doesn’t seem to know much regarding a subject to feel to a degree inferior to someone who does, it happens to me all the time, and I apologies if it did come across patronising.

That’s completely fine. :)

Not really dramatic, it’s a figure of speech. Yes you stated your point of view but I don’t think at the time you understood the purpose of such an application. Of course they’re not going to listen to us, but this is the whole point of a discussion forum; discuss ideas, explain them, develop them etc...

Oh I am not even going to attempt to answer this one. You don't seem to like me or my views. I can't win them all I guess.

It wasn't directed at you, but this just seemed another example of it. No, I don't have a problem with you, sorry if it seems like that. I was just explain why an app would be usefull and successful at it's marketing purpose.

What other words?

I am not saying Google is the source of information, but it is used as a tool to find the latest articles about Mika. It's how I've found all the information when editing Wikipedia, because as you know fan sites official or not are not reliable sources of information (even if wikipedia isn't, but I do try to make sure the Mika pages are.) Often the info posted on here has been found off another website such as MTV, The Guardian, BBC etc... and I use google as a tool to find these latest articals which contain new information, or 'news.'

Although that is pretty cool, I wouldn't regard it as massive news. Ok, don't tell me, I don't want to die! h:roftl:

and I suspect that fresh is not named fresh for nothing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Freshpop

I don't know what you're trying to get at here? No, I'm not named Fresh for nothing (that doesn't even make sense.) It's a name I've used on websites for years, and I've only recently gotten a Wikipedia account when I saw the awful state the Mika articles were in. I'm aware that the MFC isn't Wikipedia's biggest fan, but I'm also aware the large amount of people that use Wikiedpia for information, and I think it's important that it's correct and up to date.

Edited by Fresh
typo.

I am not saying Google is the source of information, but it is used as a tool to find the latest articles about Mika. It's how I've found all the information when editing Wikipedia, because as you know fan sites official or not are not reliable sources of information (even if wikipedia isn't, but I do try to make sure the Mika pages are.) Often the info posted on here has been found off another website such as MTV, The Guardian, BBC etc... and I use google as a tool to find these latest articals which contain new information, or 'news.'

I understand what you're trying to say, but, you can't deny MFC does seem to be a big source where even other sites base their information on. Just to give you a recent example. I found the WAG video by pure chance on some totally random belgian forum site. It wasn't displayed in the news headlines or anything of google. Heck, the person who posted the vid, didn't even get any comments or anything.. I'm still wondering if maybe I'm the only one who read it :roftl:

A few hours after posting it here tho, it started to appear everywhere. e.g. MFC'ers were handing out the info about the vid to perez hilton, who didn't even know about it, and a few moments later he had posted the vid as well.

Just to say, we sometimes do get to info faster than other big news sites, simply because we care enough to do a whole lot of research to get to the news. And tbh, with what you're posting it seems as if you're trying to minimize what everyone's doing for this place :dunno: And I'm sure it's not what you meant, I'm simply pointing out how it may be percieved like I did to babs a page ago. I know she didn't mean anything by it, but to someone not so familiar with this place it could be percieved as such.

Does it?

Now I know why everyone adores me! Thank you, I would never have guessed myself!

And the last thing makes it sound as if people that are posting less are better than people posting lots .. You can read it differently based on your own point of view you know :wink2: (and I'm not saying I'm posting only things that are worth reading, but at least I have fun while I'm here :mf_rosetinted:)

And thank god there's you to keep the wikipedia-pages in order, what would we do without you .. :bow:

i don't want to talk about the apps thing 'cause i haven't an i-phone so i barely know what you'r talking about.. :wink2:

bump in just to say that i've subscribed google alert for every single country availabe, but i receive the e-mails several hours or even days later that other people here, even if it's setted for sending me e-mails as the news are published..

so yes, here you can find news before if you ask me..

and for me mfc is kinda a source as well, 'cause, i don't know why, i don't receive alerts from several countries..

plus not all the news are linked by google..

e.g.

mika's at radio 1 tonight.. i didn't receive any e-mail yet.. :no:

I understand what you're trying to say, but, you can't deny MFC does seem to be a big source where even other sites base their information on. Just to give you a recent example. I found the WAG video by pure chance on some totally random belgian forum site. It wasn't displayed in the news headlines or anything of google. Heck, the person who posted the vid, didn't even get any comments or anything.. I'm still wondering if maybe I'm the only one who read it :roftl:

A few hours after posting it here tho, it started to appear everywhere. e.g. MFC'ers were handing out the info about the vid to perez hilton, who didn't even know about it, and a few moments later he had posted the vid as well.

Just to say, we sometimes do get to info faster than other big news sites, simply because we care enough to do a whole lot of research to get to the news. And tbh, with what you're posting it seems as if you're trying to minimize what everyone's doing for this place :dunno: And I'm sure it's not what you meant, I'm simply pointing out how it may be percieved like I did to babs a page ago. I know she didn't mean anything by it, but to someone not so familiar with this place it could be percieved as such.

I haven’t denied that the MFC isn’t a source, I’m just pointing out that the MFC its self mostly relies on other news sources for its information which is merely redistributes in a concentrated location where the fans are. I imagine that the video for We Are Golden was released by the record company to news websites, which would create a viral campaign, which it did. But that was a good spot, and it did appear on Google news when I searched after I saw your post. No that really isn’t what I meant and I’m sorry if I’m coming across as this. I do appreciate what the MFC does, I was just putting a side point that it isn’t where most of the info comes from, it just redistributes it and brings to the fans, just like when you found the WAG Video.

Does it?

Now I know why everyone adores me! Thank you, I would never have guessed myself!

And the last thing makes it sound as if people that are posting less are better than people posting lots .. You can read it differently based on your own point of view you know :wink2: (and I'm not saying I'm posting only things that are worth reading, but at least I have fun while I'm here :mf_rosetinted:)

And thank god there's you to keep the wikipedia-pages in order, what would we do without you .. :bow:

Haha that isn’t what I was getting it, I just felt ridiculed because I’m not the most active member. It’s happened to others before of forums, to the point that the post count and been removed as members with higher post counts have patronised members with lower post counts.

Oh, again with the sarcasm, you people really are delightful. :teehee:

Do I smell a dramatic discussion here? *Grabs the popcorn*

Hey! I'm enjoying it as much as you are. :roftl:

mika's at radio 1 tonight.. i didn't receive any e-mail yet.. :no:

Thank you for your agreement. Google can search news sites quicker than any person can.

In this case BBC Radio 1 is the news source, you don't get told there's going to be a article about Mika in the Guardian in another newspaper are you?

Edited by Fresh

In this case BBC Radio 1 is the news source, you don't get told there's going to be a article about Mika in the Guardian in another newspaper are you?

In this case, actually, Mika is the news source .. since he twittered it ..

(or aren't we talking about the same? :roftl:)